Myles and Ivy's Fashion Corner

Discuss anything and everything that has to do with SOTF here -- from your favorite character to comments and suggestions about the site! This forum also contains roleplaying guides for your benefit!
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

Maraoone:
Yuka Hayashibara wrote:On the day of the abduction, Yuka was wearing a black fedora, with a black suspender skirt, a plain white long sleeve shirt, black knee socks, and a pair of light green ankle high heeled boots. Her hair was styled in a French braid, while her face was adorned with chartreuse eyeshadow, black mascara, and black lipstick.
Ivy: I have no idea what's happening, and I get the sense that I should be more unhappy with it than I am. I feel like you've inured me to fedoras, darling.
Myles: I'm rescuing them. Everyone should thank me, honestly. Real talk, I love this look though. It's just the right amount of everything, and I love it when someone can pull off black lipstick without looking like they got lost in the Halloween store.
Ivy: I think I would love it if she'd chosen basically any other color as the basis of the look. What's wrong with, like, lavender? Powder blue? Even just, like, a mint green?
Myles: I heard the color was actually an hair dye accident and she's just trying to own it.
Ivy: Props for boldness, then, I suppose, but I still can't fully approve. You can re-dye hair.
Myles: I still give it the stamp of approval.
Joanne Coleman wrote:On the day of the abduction, Joanne wore a bright red tank top and neatly pressed black denim jeans. She wore white strappy sandals with one inch light colored wooden heels. She wore two golden rings, one on her left pinkie finger and one on her left index finger, and she had a thin generic silvery link necklace. She wore full natural makeup including false eyelashes and contouring.
Myles: There's effort. You could definitely do worse.
Ivy: I can't believe "you could do worse" is our standard for quality now. That said, you aren't wrong. It doesn't really stand out, but I can't think of anything immediate that needs to be added or subtracted.
Myles: She knows how to dress for her body without just covering everything up, and that's more than you can say for a lot of people.
Ivy: I'm settling on "good enough".
Myles: Still a passing grade.
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] v7
the dead:
Image[B040] Dante Valerio - Fell asleep too early.
[V7] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: None Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G014] Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - T-R-I-E-D.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: None Trip: [Start]
Image[B004] Axel Fontaine - Lost his place.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G041] Ivy Langley - Together forever.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
ImageArtem Fyodorov - Desperate.
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start]
ImageZen Alicea Feliciano - On vacation!
[Meanwhile] [x]
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

Pippi (pt 2):
Lyra Doyle wrote:The majority of the time when Lyra is choosing clothes, they mostly focus on comfort. They own a few dresses and skirts, but the majority of clothes in their wardrobe could be classified as 'gender-neutral'; they own a large amount of sweaters, jumpers and hoodies, generally in light, pastel colours, but they also like to wear checked shirts. They have no preference when it comes to trousers and skirts, generally throwing on whatever is at the top of their clothes drawer. Lyra also owns a binder, bought and kept in secret from their parents, that they occasionally wear whenever they feel more comfortable with it. Their favourite outfit, which they wore when they were abducted, consists of a light blue sweater with a stylised image of a bird on the front, thrown over a dark blue t-shirt which featured the words "She's up tae speed now boys!" printed on the chest, as well as a denim skirt, a pair of sky blue knee socks with images of foxes in cardboard boxes printed on them, and a pair cyan and white light-up Heelys.
Ivy: Did someone lose their overgrown second grader? This is a high school. We dress like grown-ups here. Well, theoretically.
Myles: There's individual elements here that are cute, but as a whole, just... no.
Ivy: Also... heelies?
Myles: Light-up heelies. Are we five?
Ivy: Aw, when you say it like that it brings back memories.
Myles: I don't know what you're talking about.
Ivy: Are you sure? Because I recall that one time after school in first grade when you-
Myles: I SAID I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.
Ivy: I bet heelies are still banned at our old school. And it's all your fault.
Myles: I have never done anything wrong ever, or anything related to heelies.
Ivy: Your sins will weigh on you if you don't confess, darling.
Myles: They can't weigh on me if I don't have any.
Ivy: Your secrets are safe with me.
Myles: Good. Even though I don't have any.
Dean Puchero wrote:Comfort, rather than style, is the name of the game when it comes to Dean's wardrobe, which is almost entirely made up of t-shirts, tank tops, jeans and cargo shorts. The only exception to these are the running shorts and tracksuit bottoms he wears whenever he's out jogging. When Dean was abducted, he wore a black Nike tank top with a small Nike tick in white in the top left, a pair of tan cargo shorts, and a pair of black and lime green Nike trainers.
Myles: Hang on a minute. I'm just going to record a 30-second clip of myself sighing, and from now on I'm going to play that whenever someone shows up in athletic wear.
Ivy: Sounds reasonable. He's cute, but not, like, cute enough to be forgiven.
Myles: Like a B-plus, minus a bunch of points for lack of effort.
Ivy: He is cute, though. It's a shame he's so boring. He's got nice arms. ... Wait. Oh my god. Did I just say that out loud.
Myles: Just... just move on. It's fine, don't call more attention to it.
Ivy: We shall never speak of this again.
Myles: Right. Next.
[+] v7
the dead:
[V7] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Meanwhile] [x]
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

Mimi:
Madison Springer wrote:At the time of her abduction, she was wearing a halter body-con mini dress with black that was accented with thin chartreuse colored stripes paired with a pair of sheer black thigh-high stockings and heeled black suede ankle booties. She was accessorized beyond what she finds typical, sporting a set of chokers; one a simple chunky black velvet and the other a delicate golden laurel design. Her nails were painted white days prior to the trip and had already started to chip. She wore her hair in a messy ponytail accented with a thin chartreuse colored satin ribbon, with her bangs worn down to frame her face. Topping it off was a borrowed black letterman jacket belonging to Connor.
Ivy: You know I could have sworn skirts that short were against dress code, but maybe there was some sort of whore clause I missed?
Myles: I mean, it's a cute dress...
Ivy: I suppose you have to be that shameless when you have absolutely nothing else to offer. Honestly, why else would Connor have put up with her for this long?
Myles: As we've covered, I'm not about the color, but it's okay in small doses. It looks good on her.
Ivy: And the chokers. Honestly. Honestly? Like I try not to pay that much attention to her because every interaction I have with her is like trying to defuse a fucking bomb but Christ now that I'm actually looking it just really is pathetic, isn't it?
Myles: But like. If the outfit was on someone else.
Ivy: Plus the fucking letterman jacket on top of everything else, like, wow, we get it! You're fucking the quarterback! Congratulations!
Myles: I mean. But you're-
Ivy: Really the whole thing just serves as a pretty clear "I am an unbearable bitch" warning. Like when animals have brightly colored skin to show they're poisonous.
Myles: Um.
Ivy: What do you think, Myles?
Myles: I... I think you covered everything...
Ivy: Good! Moving on.
[+] v7
the dead:
[V7] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Meanwhile] [x]
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

MurderWeasel (pt. 2):
Alton Gerow wrote:Alton pays attention to his appearance, trying to cultivate a casual but cultured look. He tends to wear well-fitted slacks or jeans, along with shirts that are slightly more formal than t-shirts but slightly less formal than business wear. On the day of the abduction, Alton was wearing skinny jeans, a black t-shirt, and a dark red button-down shirt left unbuttoned, with the sleeves rolled to the elbows. He was also wearing black socks, brown leather shoes, and an analogue watch on his right wrist. Alton is left-handed.
Myles: Well, it's like you've said before. Those sure are clothes.
Ivy: Mm. I guess so. Yeah.
Myles: You'd think somebody who fell backwards into a million dollars would try to class it up a bit.
Ivy: All things considered I think he's fine. ...It's fine, rather.
Myles: Sure. Whatever.
Ivy: You're awfully cynical all of a sudden.
Myles: I am?
Ivy: Darling, we have seen infinitely worse. The whole thing is perfectly presentable. Is something bothering you?
Myles: I just think it's boring and he's boring.
Ivy: You are possibly the first person I've heard describe Alton Gerow as boring.
Myles: He sure isn't making himself look very interesting here.
Ivy: There's something to be said for... physical charisma. You know?
Myles: Sure, but I'm not getting it here.
Ivy: Fine, fine. You're allowed to disagree, I suppose.
Myles: I just don't understand why he doesn't do more with what he has.
Ivy: ... Ah. I see now. I'm sorry, darling. I shouldn't have pressed.
Myles: What?
Ivy: Nothing. Let's just go to the next one, okay?
Myles: Alright.
Lavender Ripley wrote:On the day of the abduction, Lavender was wearing tight jeans, a long-sleeved button-down shirt, and a black vest, as well as black flats, sunglasses, half a dozen simple silver bangles on her left wrist, and dangling gold earrings.
Ivy: Honestly? Not bad. I wouldn't have expected much from her, but it's well-coordinated. Like the button-down/vest combo is a little formal, but it works.
Myles: It's the kind of thing I'd expect on a date, maybe, not necessarily just school stuff. It's nice though.
Ivy: I figure the standards for acceptable school wear need to be shifted up a few notches. I can hardly fault someone for bringing the average up a bit.
Myles: True. It could be basketball shorts.
Ivy: Or flannel.
Myles: Or neons again.
Ivy: Or sweatpants. God, the horrors we've tolerated.
Myles: Where do we petition for an award for going through this?
Ivy: There has to be somewhere. This is a public service, after all.
Misty Browder wrote:On the day of the abduction, Misty was wearing a pale pink sundress with a floral pattern that reached halfway to her knees, with a light denim jacket to keep within dress code. She paired this with a thick silver bracelet on her right wrist, silver stud earrings with a Celtic knot design, and a silver necklace bearing a chunk of quartz crystal wrapped in wire. She also wore white sneakers with white socks. and her hair was tied in low, loose, forward-hanging pigtails.
Myles: You know, I like it except for the shoes. Never been a fan of putting tennis shoes with a dress.
Ivy: Ugh. Like, I guess it's technically fine? But the floral print with the sneakers and the pigtails reminds me of something I'd have worn in kindergarten. Or, like, a girl with worse taste would've.
Myles: The jewelry is very cute, though.
Ivy: Mostly, sure. Knowing Misty the quartz has like a demon trapped inside it or something, though.
Myles: Yeah, I mean, the whole outfit is also obviously trying to make you forget that she's weird and also a bitch. But it's cute.
Ivy: Can we compromise on "it's fine"?
Myles: Sure.
[+] v7
the dead:
[V7] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Meanwhile] [x]
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

Sure.
Somersault

Post by Somersault »

let's do this!!!
[+] mona lisas and mad hatters
ImageImageImageImage
Appearance Tracker!
[+] a soiled dove finding herself
Image Tonya Collins - Got messy. - Unpretty - TLC
Memories: Child
Pregame: Rain
Prom: Honey
Trip: Furbies
Island: Girl - Way - Delicious - Rakshasa
Tonya by Irina!
Tonya by Ryuki!
[+] a damsel no longer
Image Kelly Nguyen: Couldn't claw back up. - 1234 - Feist
Memories:
Pregame: Universe - Puppies
Trip: Interesting
Island: Holiday - Play - Down - Robot - Unicorn
Kelly by Mimi!
Kelly by Ryuki!
[+] a sheriff trying to keep the peace
Image Adele Jones: Believed. - Good As Hell - Lizzo
Adele by Mimi!
Adele by Ryuki!
Memories:
Pregame: Chartreuself - Lair - Collisions
Trip: Down
Island: Hunger - Darwinism - Mario - Lucifer - House
[+] a cowboy looking for something to ride
ImageMike Brown: Spoke up. - Oh, What A World - Kacey Musgraves
Memories: Timog
Pregame:
Trip: Life
Island: Steady - Miles - Dive
Mike by Ryuki!
[+] tumbleweeds
[+] the town crier whispered
Image Keisha Higgins-Bell - Scouring out her next scoop. - Q.U.E.E.N. - Janelle Monae and Erykah Badu
Memories: President - Misery
Pregame: Talmbout - Time
Meanwhile: Wings - Persuasion - Everything
Keisha by Mimi!
Keisha by Ryuki!
Keisha by Kotori!
[+] v8
Ji-won "Daniel" Song is just praying along. - I know that you're a sucker for anything acoustic.
Anna-Lynn "Ashlei" Mercado is staying in the spotlight. - Hit or miss, I guess they never miss, huh?
DeDe Dixon is the best. Definitely.
Pari Shirazi has been wreaking havoc since 2000!
Abby Davis wants to be in the know.
backslash

Post by backslash »

Somersault wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 1:41 am let's do this!!!
Since you're doing new characters for V7, would you like us to cover your pregame characters too or just the one one(s)?
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Somersault

Post by Somersault »

let's do...all of them! they are still my babies : )
[+] mona lisas and mad hatters
ImageImageImageImage
Appearance Tracker!
[+] a soiled dove finding herself
Image Tonya Collins - Got messy. - Unpretty - TLC
Memories: Child
Pregame: Rain
Prom: Honey
Trip: Furbies
Island: Girl - Way - Delicious - Rakshasa
Tonya by Irina!
Tonya by Ryuki!
[+] a damsel no longer
Image Kelly Nguyen: Couldn't claw back up. - 1234 - Feist
Memories:
Pregame: Universe - Puppies
Trip: Interesting
Island: Holiday - Play - Down - Robot - Unicorn
Kelly by Mimi!
Kelly by Ryuki!
[+] a sheriff trying to keep the peace
Image Adele Jones: Believed. - Good As Hell - Lizzo
Adele by Mimi!
Adele by Ryuki!
Memories:
Pregame: Chartreuself - Lair - Collisions
Trip: Down
Island: Hunger - Darwinism - Mario - Lucifer - House
[+] a cowboy looking for something to ride
ImageMike Brown: Spoke up. - Oh, What A World - Kacey Musgraves
Memories: Timog
Pregame:
Trip: Life
Island: Steady - Miles - Dive
Mike by Ryuki!
[+] tumbleweeds
[+] the town crier whispered
Image Keisha Higgins-Bell - Scouring out her next scoop. - Q.U.E.E.N. - Janelle Monae and Erykah Badu
Memories: President - Misery
Pregame: Talmbout - Time
Meanwhile: Wings - Persuasion - Everything
Keisha by Mimi!
Keisha by Ryuki!
Keisha by Kotori!
[+] v8
Ji-won "Daniel" Song is just praying along. - I know that you're a sucker for anything acoustic.
Anna-Lynn "Ashlei" Mercado is staying in the spotlight. - Hit or miss, I guess they never miss, huh?
DeDe Dixon is the best. Definitely.
Pari Shirazi has been wreaking havoc since 2000!
Abby Davis wants to be in the know.
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

i have been summoned
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador

Return to “Roleplaying Discussion”