The Unofficial V8 Concepts Thread

no its not too early. ur too early

V8 Pregame is on the way! As such this is the place where you can find friends, rivals, romantic partners, hobby groups and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can cruise around others' threads looking for something that would work for your character. Please note that V8 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

I’ve jotted down a few ideas for characters.

Dominiqua Ashmore
Tall, lanky, and toned; African-American, female; likes hiking and nature photography; wears a gold studded earring, light clothes, and keeps her hair short; adventurous, loud, environmentalist

Don Douglas
Skinny, possibly underweight; Caucasian, male, has Scottish heritage; live-streams video games; has shoulder length black hair, bearded, glasses, wears shirts featuring his favorite games and superheroes; introverted, snarky, calm

Chester Folk
Medium height, doesn’t stand out much; African American, male; likes dubstep, creates his own music, liberal; has dreadlocks, wears a signature hoodie, usually has headphones around his neck; chill, pacifist, passionate in his personal beliefs

Karen Nyugen
Slim, petite; Vietnamese-American, female; sticks to her studies due to strict parents, secretly likes shojo manga; long, straight black hair, wears dress shirts, along with whatever her parents deem professional; quiet, serious, slightly rebellious

Gwendolyn “Wendy” Kennedy
A bit pudgy, average height; Caucasian, female; secretly a furry, keeps a NSFW blog under wraps, cartoon and anime fan; brunette, keeps hair in a ponytail, dresses casually, mostly pastels, round glasses, freckle-faced; reserved, pansexual, geeky af

More to come...
[+] V7
Mains
Image B018: Ned Jackson- That’s All Folks
Image G039: Yuki Hayashibara- Family is Forever
Image B034: Zachary Beck- Guess I’ll Die
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

My only kid so far I have a good idea about.

Brock Cayman-

Brock’s pretty much your average goth, dark hair, dark clothes, dark music played loud, pale skin, lots of skeletons and spiderweb designs, lifts more than you, built like Dolph Lundgreen in Rocky 4, hits like him too because he is a bit of a boxing enthusiast. Looks scary as hell.
Spoiler!
Is actually a mega dork, an is a pretty chill dude who doesn’t afraid of nothing. Has a Flemish Giant rabbit as a pet.
Namira

Post by Namira »

Do I have concepts yes, are they well fleshed out no, do I want to post them anyway as a way of forcing commitment, maybe.
[+] Maybelline - Mabel AKA LARP Gremlin
Gremlin is weird and doesn't really care if you know it. She comes from a family that's an unholy combination of redneck and hippie, and was brought up with a lens of odd values and a host of conspiracy theories. She scoffs at many of these. Clearly SOTF is not a Chinese black op aimed at rigging the elections. It's obviously aliens. Those cameras are space magic! She loves LARP to the extent it might slightly worry people that she actually does just believe in what she's doing/characters she's playing. Gets bullied/pushed around/laughed at, may or may not be more bothered by this than she lets on. Alternates between being kind of smart and 'oh my god how do you function'. Probably accused of doing a whole drugs, but it was actually icing sugar she was using as fake drugs for a LARP. Has crashed at least one vehicle on her parents' land. Anti school trip gang, because you do know that they're a perfect opportunity for the government to swap you for their vat-grown clone of you, right?

Probably wears goggles if she can get away with it. White, skinny, kinda ratty. Raggedy-ass dirty blonde hair with trainwreck bangs because she cut them herself on impulse. Dresses like she ran through a thrift store crashing into every rail and her outfit for the day is whatever she emerged from the far side wearing.
[+] Mini Steven Adams
Mini Steven Adams is a basketball player with quite a bit going on. He was kind of an awkward kid and didn't fit in very well with the class because middle school was big and scary and he was in his shell a lot. He managed to win some cred with the cool kids in his second year by getting into and winning a fight. He got in trouble of course, but he was no longer one of the nerds. He hit a big growth spurt too and started going to the gym and playing more sports, which he'd mostly done alone to this point. In general this made him way more confident and sure of himself, but he's also always felt a slightly performative pressure to score points off of other people and engage in lads' banter. He's more insecure than he's willing to let on, and overcompensates. Walking shirtless scene. Ladies. boys?

Big and well-built for a high schooler, between 6 and 6'3. Mixed race; mostly white, has a black grandparent. Brown hair. You know he does a manbun. Immensely proud of what level of beard he has managed to grow.
Polybius

Post by Polybius »

Concepts are subject to change and I'm subject to disappear for months/years at a time.

Mohammed "Mo" Shadid - (Just reposted from mini) Egyptian boy who decided to break away from his strict Muslim upbringing and forge his own path of dressing like a 50s greaser and acting like Johnny Bravo. His hobbies include working out, riding his motorcycle, listening to The King, and maintaining his pompadour. He hits on any foxy babe that comes his way, but he's rarely successful. He views himself as a suave bad boy; very confident and very unaware of how he comes off. He can be charmed and serious when he doesn't get sidetracked (he always gets sidetracked).

Chloe Robbins - Chloe is clam and measured, on the outside. She's an avid film buff and a member of the a/v club. She's made a few short films herself. She interested in wellness, keeping up habits of healthy eating, yoga, and meditation. Her biggest issue, though, is that she has an intense fear of death stemming from childhood trauma.
She was borderline agoraphobic during middle school, but since then has made strides in working on her mental health. One way she deals with her fears is by expressing them in her art - her films have dark and bleak subject matter. She's writing a script for an SOTF inspired short film, but doesn't have any intention of producing it until college.

Ernest "Ernie Bork" Borkowski - Ernie just wants to live life to the fullest. He's not smart or disciplined or any of that, but that stuff's for nerd. Life's all about havin' fun, bro. Ernie Bork, as he calls himself (also answers to Borky, Ern, E-Dog, E-Bork), is a loud jokester. He likes to think he's friends with everyone, though some haters call him "annoying" or "a douchebag". His hobby is social media- he has active accounts on twitter, insta, snapchat, tiktok, and youtube. His youtube channel is his main passion: he uploads videos of him hanging out with his friends and doing stunts and pranks. He's also on the wrestling team, gotta keep in good shape. Finally, Ernie knows how to play guitar and wants to get a band together. He's trying to bring back ska. It hasn't worked so far.

Dalton Butcher - A bit of an odd guy. Dalton has an intimidating presence- he's tall, is always scowling and he rarely speaks. He doesn't have any friends and seemingly makes no attempt to connect with anyone. When he does speak, he's blunt and terse. Dalton has a cut and dry view of the world- he looks at things simply and practically. He's not at all sympathetic to peoples' petty problems. He enjoys camping and hiking, preferring the outdoors. He also, through his family, has some experience with hunting and target shooting.
TheLordOfAwesome

Post by TheLordOfAwesome »

Well, figure I'd bite the bullet and post some of my concepts.

Medea Parth — Super nice girl, basically the teenage girl version of Fred Rodgers. She is just a big ball of unconditional love and is super tolerant of everyone and never has a bad word to say about people. If you are having a bad day, she'll be there to offer a pep talk and tell you about how unique and amazing you are, and that you shouldn't change cause you are already perfect. She is part of an old clique of friends that she has known for years and loves them all very dearly. While super nice, she is also incredibly lazy. She isn't much for doing anything, and would prefer to stay inside and LP video games than to go outside. if it weren't for her friends dragging her out of her house she'd likely not have much of a social life. It's not that she is anti-social, just that she comfortable staying in. She is also something of a tinkerer, enjoying taking tech apart, repairing it, or modifying it. She is truly talented, but her laziness often means her modifications/repairs tend to be pretty slap-dash, held together with duct tape and zipties. The fact anything she cobbles together works at all is a testament to her skill. Still needs some fleshing out.

Randolph Whateley — My occult kid concept I was gonna do for V7 but never finished. Very tall, lanky, ugly, albino kid that is pretty much a bundle of issues shambling around in a roughly-bipedal approximation of a man. Chronically depressed, hyper-sensitive to criticism, agoraphobic, and prone to horrible nightmares and nervous breakdowns. Lives with his wealthy grandfather (either in a old manor or a farm, depending on the setting of V8) every since middle school as both his parents are dead. Is an animal lover and aspires to being a vet (although he has a fear of dogs due to a childhood incident where one bit him), owns a black pet dwarf pygmy goat named Helen that he absolutely adores, loves bird watching (which he picked up when he attempted augury), loves swimming, and collects Funko Pops (his Nerd Cthulhu Funko Pop is his most prized possession). Still needs some fleshing out.

Danielle "Dani" Bird — Rich, popular, pretty, cheerleader, daddy's girl. Absolutely adores her loan shark father and is completely ignorant to his illegal deals. Is hot and is super aware of that fact, often flaunting what she's got with clothes that show off her body. She is also rather talented, particularly in singing and has a love for opera and musicals thanks in part to the influence of her late grandmother. Has a bit of an ego because of her looks and talents, but is a total sweetheart to people and is rather fun loving. She is a great person to have at a party because she'll enthusiastically throw herself into whatever activity is going on. Still needs some fleshing out.

I intend to have a fourth character at some point, but these are the three I have an idea for.
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

hello i should put kids in my own thread, huh. "stuff i'll probably be looking for" is stuff that's more specific than just like "friends" so i can start making plans super in advance where they'll inevitably never come to fruition so my dreams can be crushed thanks
[+] Gwen Rodriguez
[picrew] behold, an e-girl. Gwen's self-esteem is held together with scotch tape and bubble gum and she adds more and more flimsy support beams to it via thirst comments on her tragically popular tiktok and also by sleeping with pretty much any boy who tells her she's pretty. deeply insecure if that wasn't super obvious; totally obsessed with her self-image and maintenance, will take several days off school for a nose pimple. is kind of a weeb but like only ironically. kinda fucks around with sewing as a side-hobby and so she gets to have Unique Accessories No One Else Has but she's not great at it so she's insecure about that too and also its kind of a lame hobby, who's lame, not Gwen, haha!!! please tell me i'm pretty god please

stuff i'll probably be looking for: like a string of hookups who probably think she's somewhere on the pitiable-pathetic spectrum. maybe fans of her content?
[+] Persy Alexander
[picrew] yes its short for Persephone, yes she picked it herself. her parents are legit no-shit 80s goths who were really serious about the "its not a phase mom" thing and are still just Like That and so Persephone's just kinda been wearing black and listening to The Cure since birth. she's also known she was a girl her whole life and has cool parents, and has therefore been Wholly stealth her entire life. basically no one has any idea she's trans and if anyone finds out they Will die. she's actually a big softie and isn't particularly goth outside of the aesthetic. she likes synth-pop and gardening and baking things for her friends!! she is 100% pure Mom Friend and has bandages and aspirin and snacks in her bag. she's bi in theory but in practice Terrified Of Intimacy Please Don't Touch Me

stuff i'll probably be looking for: nothing more specific than just Friends atm
[+] Dom del Rosario
[picrew] he's popular! he's smart! he's handsome! he's dying inside!!! Dom's a picture-perfect <insert whatever sport i decide to put him in here> player with straight As and an equally picture-perfect girlfriend and parents who are proud of him and a Perfect Life. yknow, until like a couple of years ago. the pressure has started to break him down, his grades have been slipping and so has his performance on the team. his siblings are fuck-ups and he's so attached to his position as The Good One and so afraid of hurting his parents that he's straight lying about his grades and college prospects so they don't worry or, like, kick him out, which is a real possibility! he luckily has some very supportive friends helping him through things but he's seriously ten seconds from falling apart completely. haha aren't we all

stuff i'll probably be looking for: i very much need a girlfriend for him, ideally one who's 1. popular and 2. has been dating him for a while and still will be by the island. also uh dom has vague feelings about one (1) boy and i'll need to figure that out too
[+] Rin Rozanova
[picrew] gremlin-shaped gremlin. Rin has Turner Syndrome which leads to a host of stuff im not gonna bother yall with here but what yall need to know is they're Very short. tiny. miniature. people tend to treat them like a kid and they Act like one half the time anyways so its not hard to see why. they're also missing a leg because of an Accident and guess what! this has not impacted their ability to be a gremlin, at all. they are Very proficient with their prosthetic. they do gymnastics! they run! they do parkour which is super fucking ill-advised but WHATEVER! you cannot stop them. god himself cannot stop them. they have a super protective older brother who also cannot stop them but will be an asshole to anyone who's rude to them ever which does not help with their childishness. they have very little regard for other people generally and mostly just care about Having Fun.

stuff i'll probably be looking for: dunno yet!!
[+] Hunter Kim
[picrew] actual garbage. what if i made a fight twink but made him like 18x worse than axel? what if i did that? i say that to myself, and then a boy appeared. he fell out of the sky, and started arguing about waifus, and now i'm stuck with him, and he's your problem now. that's it that's the whole profile

stuff i'll probably be looking for: unfortunately he's probably banged a bunch of your boys. sorry about that!!!!
[+] Trent Taylor
[picrew] apathy as a way of life. trent is just like, whatever, you know? whatever. his best friend is always getting them both into trouble and trent's chill about it, like, along for the ride. doesn't really start things himself, doesn't really like. do much himself, honestly? he might be depressed or something but it's cool. he's cool with it. whatever. the only things that really excite him at all ever are playing the drums and wrestling. he kinda plays video games but mostly just to pass time cause they don't really do it for him anymore? stuff is just kinda boring all the time so he clings to the few things that still make him happy hoping really hard those dont start getting boring too but you know. it's fine. he's chill. like, it's fine? everything's fine.

stuff i'll probably be looking for: trent and his best broski (bassist) may or may not have other band members who knows
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] v7
the dead:
Image[B040] Dante Valerio - Fell asleep too early.
[V7] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: None Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G014] Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - T-R-I-E-D.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: None Trip: [Start]
Image[B004] Axel Fontaine - Lost his place.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G041] Ivy Langley - Together forever.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]

the living:
ImageArtem Fyodorov - Desperate.
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start]
ImageZen Alicea Feliciano - On vacation!
[Meanwhile] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start]
Cicada

Post by Cicada »

[+] Meiyun Huang
Keywords: Contrarian, manipulative, pathologically stubborn, counterculture without purpose.

Meiyun was born to new-money Chinese industrialists, spending her life up to the cusp of her high school years as a well-to do young woman in the city of Enshi. Meiyun has one older brother in his final year of college as of V8, a spoiled and lazy boy who by default stands to inherit the family business. She is expected to help take care of him, and was tasked to maintain the apartment rented for her brother when he enrolled in an American college, while the parents remained in China. Meiyun does her work dutifully, well aware of her role in the family hierarchy, and reasonably able to expect that her own future will be well-earned as long as she does her job.

Meiyun was able to use the move to reinvent herself and reassert her freedoms away from the oft neglectful authoritarianism of her parents. The interests she had obsessively cultivated continued to guide her: she was a skilled programmer and tech enthusiast, and she worked out deals and trades with her brother so she could personally fund hacktivist competitions, equipment, and all she needed to indulge herself with. She made friends strategically, those who appealed to her sensibilities most. She liked the strange underbelly of society, finding a pleasure in twisting her mind around conspiracy theories and other subversive elements. She most often associates with a number of fellow anarchists, but welcomes anyone who entertains her.

While mostly harmless, Meiyun is undiagnosed with ASPD, and by her nature sees little issue with manipulating those close to her by preying on their often off-kilter personalities to form narratives that amuse her and appeal to her aesthetic enjoyment of being among an active out-crowd. She whips those vulnerable up into paranoia, delusions of grandeur, so on. She is incredibly stubborn and has a powerful self-image that is functionally impossible to debate away, when she thinks she is right she cares very little for what others have to say about that fact. She avoids being infamous by sheer dint of not being well known, as she engages with very few people outside of those she knows share her values.

Misc Notes: Specifically, she is an anarcho-capitalist, and also is a doomsday prepper of sorts. She can be enticed with money or with other interesting propositions to hack grades- she's done it before- and offer other miscellaneous malware for the interested, though she's often not interested in advertising her services and must be found through word of mouth. Plus sized.
[+] Supriya Krishan
Keywords: Optimist, indecisive, spirited activist, a good friend.

Supriya is a Malay Indian, born to well educated but not-especially well paid UN bureaucrats. She moved countries a number of times before she was even of school age, but for the sake of stability her parents brought her to the V8 city when she was young, where she lives with her mother and an unmarried aunt while her father continues to work abroad. From a young age she was exposed to cultures, as she would spend summers with her father, often in fairly impoverished areas where her genial nature and a natural capacity as a polyglot meant she made friends.

Supriya has a strong sense of activist sentiment, herself living a mostly working class lifestyle she's worked hard both part-time to save up for college and as a volunteer in most of the time she can spare. On campus she works rank-and-file in a number of outreach-based clubs and puts herself out there as a 'happy soldier', an eager fundraiser who has developed the ability to listen critically and debate without offending. In part this is due to a lack of conviction- she's naturally open-minded to a fault, and lacks ideological grounding to where she can come off as uncertain about all but platitudes. She is a fighter for the sake of a better world in a very pure way, and fundamentally lacks ambition.

She has room for all sorts of friends and actively offers herself as a shoulder to cry on, leading to her having all sorts of friends from all walks of life. Her patience is nigh saintlike, and she takes disagreement and setbacks with a forward-looking mindset. All this aside, she's not particularly preachy and is often rather obtuse and quiet in intimate settings, keeping her own personal opinions very private. Busybody that she is she sometimes comes off as bland and she doesn't have particularly strong hobbies in terms of pure entertainment value, though she has something of an underdeveloped love of dance.

Misc Notes: Wants to start a social justice podcast someday but is shy about broaching the topic even with like-minded friends. Knows all local protests and activist gatherings by heart. Has offered to help those interested with NGO internships, given that she has some degree of the relevant connections. Has a megaphone and knows how to use it.
[+] Cedar Dalisay
Keywords: Hedonistic, apathetic, mom energy, the queen nerd.

Full name because it's absolutely critical information so I can flex on Leslie: Cedar Cornelia Santa Clarita Mangahas y Amancio Dalisay.

Cedar was born to an impoverished family living in Lapu Lapu, a subdivision of the island city of Cebu, in the Philippines. She lived the first several years of her life as one of several middle children in a large family who lived on a few dollars a day. She learned English, was good at tests and naturally inquisitive and clever for her age. Her potential eventually led to a complicated pseudo-adoption where she was given by the family to a cousin married to an American to be raised with opportunities her biological parents couldn't provide her. She was raised in the V8 city since third grade.

Cedar's interests are naturally sedentary and she's strongly attracted to nerdy hobbies. She forms her strongest friendships among the school's dork crowd and developed most of her cultural exposure from them. She's a particularly big fan of anime and cosplay and eventually held the presidency of the school's anime club for a few years- possibly inclusive of the present time in the version. While nigh-exclusively geeky in interests she's socialized well and isn't particularly awkward or lacking in self-awareness. If anything she takes a certain pleasure in adopting shy and awkward types and helping them blossom. Especially nerdy boys- she has an explicit Thing for that type. She tends to be a leader among her friends, though it's filtered through a typically self-centered adolescent world view.

Cedar has spent a lot of her teen years dealing with chronic illnesses and non-specific pain, and has been formally diagnosed with Crohn's Disease. Struggling with the pain and lifestyle demands of her various conditions has given Cedar an element of self-justified hedonism to her worldview. She does not have the patience for difficulty, be it physical or emotional, and she thus tends to be dismissive of other's 'drama' and be quick to railroad conversations away from difficult topics, which has earned her some social fallout, especially as she is not forthcoming with her difficulties with illnesses so she doesn't put forward excuses for her callousness.

Misc Notes: Has an ant farm. Loves music and is a budding, esoteric producer. Thinks fairly lowly of her own cultural heritage, and refuses to use Filipino despite being obviously fluent with it. Will actually kill you if you ask her to beta read your fiction- even, especially, if you are a friend. Tiny as fuck in stature.
I'll also be handling two other kids, both collaborations with other handlers. Details here aren't as fleshed out yet due to the moving parts involved in working out shared character backstories, so on. I'll know more about them closer to the proper version!

Salem Fox, younger brother of Deamon's Carolina Fox
Ashlyn Graves, elder sister of VoltTurtle's Katelyn Graves
V8 Vibes:
[+] Peace Only Under Liberty
Character Relation Planner! - I'll be responding to proposals and ideas in increments, please be patient!
V7 Vibes:
[+] Cicada Uses A Gun For The First Time
ImageB008, Demetri Futscher - Captain Of The USS Dekcuc - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
Image G018, Beryl Mahelona - Sleepyhead - 1 *
ImageG040, Camila Cañizares - Nightingale - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
ImageG060, Princess McQuillan - a flimsy purpose - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 *
ImageG065, Kelly Nguyen - everyone's friend - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Updated Character Appearances - Updated July 2020
Pregame Relationships
backslash

Post by backslash »

Decided to deep clean my apartment today, so obviously I'm posting about my future concepts instead of doing that.

Kai Rosado-Prince: Local Cryptid Spotted At The 7-11, More At 9. Definitely the most levelheaded and possibly the most well-adjusted of these gremlins despite the fact that his parents were in a cult preppers/anti-government types before their relationship fell apart and started a series of events that ended up with Kai no longer being in their care by middle school. He no longer wants anything to do with that lifestyle, but he still loves being in nature and routinely goes on solo hikes/camping trips. Bisexual but deeply closeted. Not very social, but has Team Dad Energy.

Taylor Thorne: Anthropomorphized Monster Energy Drink. Tay's hobbies include playing weird indie video games and not having anything like a regular human sleep cycle. AFAB but gender-questioning, but they're only out about it on the online right now. They don't officially have anxiety or ADHD but their bad habits have made them a bundle of nervous energy anyway. Likes girls and likes to party.

Iris Waite: I don't have a humorous blurb for Iris yet, sorry Iris. My obligatory hot mess, Iris has good grades and a bunch of hobbies that on paper make her look well put-together, but she's got abandonment issues from an absent mom and a well-meaning but overbearing single dad. Extremely clingy to her friends and easily peer-pressured. Doesn't realize that she can come off as stalkerish at times. Ideally on student council, but in one of the positions that nobody cares about, which she ran for because she knew nobody else was interested. Theoretically straight.

Angelo Lee: LARP Gremlin (similar to but legally distinct from Elena's LARP Gremlin). Part of the Filipino-American squad. Under 5'5" but still somehow always the loudest person in the room. Angelo is a good boy, just overenthusiastic. He likes all things fantasy RPG, especially tabletop and now LARP. Also pretty into social justice, particularly issues of immigration and racial equality. Yes, he does always play a paladin. His parents are very concerned that his hobbies are going to land him in the hospital one of these days. Probably aro/ace, as his only true love is Justice.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Frozen Smoke

Post by Frozen Smoke »

Names are placeholders subject to change, any resemblance to real people is totally coincidental, I swear.

Alessandro Long: Former Wide Receiver of the school's Football team, now a track star instead. Tall, moderately good looking, and somewhat popular. He's extremely politically outspoken, and an advocate of everything from social justice to LGBTA+ advocacy, which (given I'm expecting we'll land in a more left leaning city than Tennessee for V8) will probably be a part of why he's popular. It's just a shame he doesn't really believe in any of it. Hard-working, and far too arrogant and proud about that fact, although he tries his best to keep it under wraps. Basically personified toxic masculinity with a blue lacquer.

Looking for: People who believe he's everything he says he is, people who know what he's actually like, and a Quarterback (or other ex-Football teammate) to have beef with.

Erin Rahne: Quiet girl with a dysfunctional home life. Father travelled a lot for work (in the entertainment industry), mother took care of her at home, father has affair during work, divorce ensues. Now enjoys split custody between two people who are in their own unique ways incapable of raising her properly. Has a lot of trouble dealing with her emotions properly, but mostly keeps them in check at school and claws herself to the bare minimum passing grades. Plays a lot of video games, will hurl incredibly hurtful stuff in chat if she's losing. Steals from supermarkets to feel like she has some semblance of control over her life.

Looking for: People she plays vidja with, maybe some actual friends who help support her.
[+] V7
Relationship Thread!

ImageFaith Clementine Marshal-Mackenzie
[+] Pregame
Memories: Making old enemies
Present Day: Making new friends - Playing childish games - Acting like an adult
Oneshots: Tidying up - Coming home
ImageParker Green
[+] Pregame
Memories: Cheaters never prosper - Except when they do - Keeping promises
Present Day: Getting informed - Playing nice - Keeping up appearances - Playing Games - Talking too much
Oneshots: Preparing for battle
Luca Thomas
[+] Pregame
Present Day: Being a team player
Prom: Trying her best
Memories:
Criticism or thoughts on my writing are welcome and appreciated - always looking to improve! Feel free to poke me on Discord or via PM.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

soon
[+] V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Pregame - Chill - Loss - Realm
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Pregame - Vend-etta - Flames - Fleet - Monachopsis - Glitter
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Prom - Link - Gradation - Ballare
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!
Pregame - Evolution - Life - Lo Mein
Memories - Forward - Odds

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Pregame - Generation - Prince
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Astrid Tate - So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Owen Kay - I fold my tie and ribbon to hide my scars, that's how it starts
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Beatrice - Jamie - Pippi - Tim - Ada - Tabby - Romeo - Lissa - Freddie - Trinity - Redd - Natalie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
Namira

Post by Namira »

no emmy's my character and also on mini
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

hi I remembered this thread existed:
[+] Destiny Martinez
what do you mean she was supposed to be in v7, nah you're just speaking crazy, you're crazy

anyway Destiny is kind of a rough gal with a tough upbringing but that just means she knows how to be nice to the point not to take shit :-) she likes cars, bikes, extreme sports, etc and one day will probably...own? a motorbike? maybe. her family is super close and hispanic so they're all up in each other's business all the time; her immediate family own/work at a family mechanics which has survived basically by being the friendliest motherfuckers around. she has four brothers, three older and one younger. two of them left home, one is freeloading on the couch despite being like 23, and her younger one is quietly terrified of all of them and looks up to Destiny and Destiny alone. they'll all probably have weird wholesome noun names or something. anyway Destiny has no prospects after school so it's probably a good think she won't live beyond graduation and discover her deep latent closeted bisexuality in college I mean what
[+] Aiden Winston
Aiden? Aidan? which one looks better, I need feedback right now

Aiden is The Art Kid but also weirdly mature for his age? I know every v7 kid was basically a college kid but Aiden's actually just Mature, but this accidental matureness has left him feeling weirdly isolated from his grade b/c he thinks about stuff too much and gets in his head. like, he's the kind of mature where he can see boobs in art/movies and he doesn't react like a teenager, just sort of "yep, those are boobs, I shall now admire them aesthetically" which is weird because he's gay and also 17? iunno man he's weird. his hobbies include painting, making weekly playlists/mixtapes for the friends he does have, contemplating his mental health as he stares at a wall for hours on end, and reality television (he only watches Real Housewives of Potomac for the stories and characters)
[+] Lara Rodriguez
this is a common name and I will fight all opposition to the death

okay so Lara is a proud ~curvy gurl~ who wants to be a makeup guru on Youtube and is probably on the way there, with the only thing getting in her way being the fact she's super needed by her younger siblings and is practically their third parent. this has bled into nearly every facet of her entire personal life to the point that she constantly comes off as bossy/domineering/directing despite her good intentions, and also her manner of speaking to people is so constantly condescending. however she never really gets feedback for this and just sort of...knows that people dislike her, has no idea why, so can't stop doing the things that make people dislike her. she likes fashion, makeup, making TikToks, and learning Mexican history, to the point that she someday wants to move to Cancun.
[+] Peyton Hoffman
i need a buffer line

Peyton Hoffman is your standard douchey white dudebro who if not for the timely intervention of friends would probably be marching at Charlottesville and studying economics at university circa 2022. His dad's a ex city politician but from a while back. just think of your average douchey teenager, with all the toxicity that encompasses. i'm still figuring him out - he's more a Scene Person than someone I can really describe by lines in a concept thread if that makes sense
[+] Samantha Sorensen
you know when the penultimate episode of Game of Thrones happened and after a while you began to feel horrified for the potentially thousands of parents who named their kid Daenarys or Khaleesi?

Samantha "Sam" Sorensen is that but unintentionally. it sucks to have been named unintentionally after a teenage necrophiliac who had sex with corpses on SOTF back in 2006 but thems the breaks when you combine a relatively common name with a Danish family. it sucks she insisted on being called Sam. However, kids at school showing her someone who had the same name of her doing awful things just sort of...made her want to do good? she wants to be a doctor. she's the kind of motherly friend who hasn't really had anyone to mother but she takes care of people anyway. she is randomly aggressively sexual at times but only recently, it's probably overcompensation for her lack of sex drive on the regular. who knows? I will, at some point, probably, once I put more thought into concepts.
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: G114 - Aston Bennett: A woman who desires revenge must dig three graves.
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Penny Huang: Good girls can make bad decisions.
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
v7 - Gaelan Meloy: And nothing matters.
v7 - Jordan Brankovich: Rethinking it all.
v7 - Kayden Brockman: Not done yet.
v7 - Ji-hyun Christensen: Just getting started.
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
Destiny Martinez will live fast and die faster.
Aidan Winston is going to let you know you're not solving anything.
Lara Rodriguez thinks you should keep your opinion on her to yourself.
Peyton Hoffman isn't fond of the PC Police ruining everything.
Lindsey Sewall wants to make sure you drank water today you stupid bitch.
Luke Travers needs to have a code.
I'm hosting a SOTF!
SOTF: International
Applications Open Now!
Somersault

Post by Somersault »

tada:
[+] Ashlei Mercado
the: most cursed of the ashleys. also, token ABG of the filipino squad!

Ashlei was born into a relatively middle-class Filipino-American family in [V8 location], and has lived there ever since. Since then, she has been taking names and stealing hearts.

Psyche. Ashlei's kind of a desperate attention seeker, although such efforts have been curbed as of late due to the consternation of her parents. As such, kind of wanna be party girl, but is really just waiting for the moment to become the self-actualized ho she can actually become. She is actually quite talented at singing, though, and as such one of her favorite destinations to go is the karaoke bar just to show people up. Both a drama kid as well as the most Americanized member of the Filipino squad, she may or may not be ones most fluent in Filipino. A big Koreaboo (stan loona). Sort of actually smart and planned to major in comp-sci if she wasn't going to be on murder island.
[+] Daniel Song
the: jesus twink! also, the other rhythm guitarist in amaryllis' band!

My toben songprompt kid, Daniel is a Korean-American son of a preacher man. A very Good Christian, and tries to follow the Lord in his doings by being an all around nice guy, who both teaches the word of the lord to children and how to shred (acoustic) guitar. It's one of those new revival churches or w/e. Plays soccer, and is more of an asset for team spirit rather than actual playing, but he does enjoy being One Of The Boys with all that entails. Recently, has had crises involving both his sexuality (was something with Cic's kid but idk if that's happening anymore?) and faith, and in sophomore year joined a punk band in the tamest way he thought of actually rebelling against his parents, without actually hurting them because that'd be unchristian.

Probably bound for meanwhile where he can gayngst (or I guess biangst??), but we shall see!
[+] Pari Shirazi
trainwreck
[+] Abby Davis
basic girl with crappy gossip blog?

[+] DeDe Dixon
Pageant girl and cousins with Sunny's Bunny, DeDe comes from a wealthy African-American family who prides themselves on their connection to their heritage. Honestly, they're kind of weird, but DeDe's friendly and quite solicitous, as long as you avoid particular political topics. also a nervous wreck who regularly spends copious amounts of money on retail therapy, but it's great!
Although I've stated it in their descriptions, I'm probably bringing only two of these kids at the most to the island, and right now, I'm fairly sure it'll be Ruby-Ann and Ashlei. Things may change, but we'll see!
[+] mona lisas and mad hatters
ImageImageImageImage
Appearance Tracker!
[+] a soiled dove finding herself
Image Tonya Collins - Got messy. - Unpretty - TLC
Memories: Child
Pregame: Rain
Prom: Honey
Trip: Furbies
Island: Girl - Way - Delicious - Rakshasa
Tonya by Irina!
Tonya by Ryuki!
[+] a damsel no longer
Image Kelly Nguyen: Couldn't claw back up. - 1234 - Feist
Memories:
Pregame: Universe - Puppies
Trip: Interesting
Island: Holiday - Play - Down - Robot - Unicorn
Kelly by Mimi!
Kelly by Ryuki!
[+] a sheriff trying to keep the peace
Image Adele Jones: Believed. - Good As Hell - Lizzo
Adele by Mimi!
Adele by Ryuki!
Memories:
Pregame: Chartreuself - Lair - Collisions
Trip: Down
Island: Hunger - Darwinism - Mario - Lucifer - House
[+] a cowboy looking for something to ride
ImageMike Brown: Spoke up. - Oh, What A World - Kacey Musgraves
Memories: Timog
Pregame:
Trip: Life
Island: Steady - Miles - Dive
Mike by Ryuki!
[+] tumbleweeds
[+] the town crier whispered
Image Keisha Higgins-Bell - Scouring out her next scoop. - Q.U.E.E.N. - Janelle Monae and Erykah Badu
Memories: President - Misery
Pregame: Talmbout - Time
Meanwhile: Wings - Persuasion - Everything
Keisha by Mimi!
Keisha by Ryuki!
Keisha by Kotori!
[+] v8
Ji-won "Daniel" Song is just praying along. - I know that you're a sucker for anything acoustic.
Anna-Lynn "Ashlei" Mercado is staying in the spotlight. - Hit or miss, I guess they never miss, huh?
DeDe Dixon is the best. Definitely.
Pari Shirazi has been wreaking havoc since 2000!
Abby Davis wants to be in the know.
Sunnybunny

Post by Sunnybunny »

Okay guys another concept.

Hyperion Gauthier is a farm boy, raised with his uncle and grandfather after losing his parents and younger sister at the age of six. He's handy, strapping, looks like the punkiest punk and is super into marble racing after being confined to his home for an extended period.

Awkward guy, in danger of repeating a year because... bad at science, needs a tutor.

And he's a cheerleader now, a base. Thanks chat~♡
VII
G071 - Sakurako Adina Jackson - i'll be ready every day / for as long as i can say / here I am in the future with my friends

VIII
Dancing Shoes
Bare Knuckles
Wild Horses
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

I got two more because fahkeet let’s try something different.

Kid one: Francis Ray Mason, another of Toxie’s trademark punk twinks, or pwinks. Idea came from a conversation earlier in chat, but Francis is your average teenage rabble rouser who loves doing stupid shit for the sole purpose of being a stupid shit. Grew up in either a trailer park or a culdesac depending on location, Francis’ family never had much money. Despite having little money to spend on fun things, Francis makes do by being the creative type. It’s a shame for everyone else because Francis’ idea of fun is being a public nuisance, from playing Death Race by strapping Roman candles or bottle rockets to his bicycle, slingshotting himself out of a shopping cart in a parking lot, or tossing stinkbombs in the egg aisle of a local supermarket, Francis does some wildin shit. May record it and have a group of friends with people who have the same interests if other handlers are down.

Next kid,

Leon Fritz, a skateboarder with an artistic bent. He loves editing movies, drawing, and graffiti designs. He’s also a closet furry and he keeps that specific art account top secret. Mostly pretty chill to talk to, but slightly socially awkward, and certain things makes him drop his spaghetti. Probably the smartest of my v8 cast but that’s not saying much.

Return to “V8 Pregame Planning”