“Sing us a song of the century…”

open

The woods themselves are still lush and green, with copious amounts of vegetation. Due to all the foot travel over the years, paths are still present even as the ferns start to grow. Despite this, it is still easy to get lost if one was to venture off the path as the woods are quite densely packed.

Thread Limit: 3
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Adonis could only just listen to Myles speaking about what happened to him out there and he wondered how scary it must have felt to be attacked by someone that you've known at school for most of your life. Adonis didn't understand why people were so willing to hurt each other and it just made him felt a spark of some hidden anger at the injustice of it all.

"Myles, you're not dumb. You're just scared after going through a scary experience out there. Alone." Adonis said as he moved in front of Myles and he knelt down in front of him, putting his hands on Myles' shoulders. "Well, you have me now. So I can go with you to look for your bag, Myles. You need to have your own supplies to survive. I'll do my best to protect you along the way."

Adonis showed Myles a friendly smile and he was hoping that Myles believed his words. Even he was wondering if he could protect Myles for as long as he could. Adonis wasn't stupid, he knew that a lot of people were going to die and he wanted to help others survive as long as they could. He even had to find his friends along the way. Declyn, Cecil, Marco, Abel, Jonah... Many others as well.

Adonis turned his head to look at Angie. "My weapon is not useful for fighting. So I have to fight with my fists, I guess." He said with an awkward chuckle and his hand reach over to his bag. "I really do want to help him find his bag, Angie. You guys can stay here, come with us or we can all go our separate ways. It's up to you two."
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
backslash

Post by backslash »

Myles quickly clutched at Adonis's hand again. "Y-yeah! Thank you so much, I don't want to be alone, I-" He cut himself off before he started babbling.

He shot a glance at Angie, her figure vaguely blurred by his still-watering eyes. The gun. Myles didn't like the gun, didn't like it in the hands of someone that he didn't know well enough to predict their moves. She seemed ready to take charge of things; was that good or bad? Even the familiar faces of his classmates looked odd and unreal when he couldn't see properly, standing in the middle of this strange environment.

Myles squeezed Adonis's wrist. "Um, if you're sure... I don't know what else to do."

One step at a time. Everyone knew going back into the woods was a bad move - if movies had taught society nothing else, they'd taught it that - but that was their only option no matter where anyone wanted to go from here.

"We could try to go back the way I came," he offered in a small voice. "But can I have a minute?" His heart rate had come down from where it had been during his mad dash through the trees, but he was by no means completely calm. Adonis could probably feel him shaking slightly.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

“Go for it,” Jonathan said to Myles. “Feels like everyone here needs one.”

A while spent in silence, and even after that Jonathan… still didn’t really know how to go about this, still couldn’t really think all that straight. It still felt as if Myles wasn’t telling the truth, but again, Jonathan didn’t really know what the alternative was. Why Myles would lie. Maybe he was just scared of whoever he saw and freaked out when they got closer to him, but… no, the more Jonathan tried to envision that possibility being real the less sense it made. It was the same as all the other reasons Jonathan could think of. Every possibility required Myles to do things that made no sense and this was far too complex a situation for Jonathan to be able to figure out. Not without help, at least. Not without someone like Joanne to help him out and tell him whether he was overthinking things or not.

And man, this really was just like something back in high school, wasn’t it? He was desperately trying to understand why other people would say and do the things they said and did except this time it was a far more serious situation and this time it didn’t matter at all because Jonathan was going to be dead in a day oh fuck oh fuck oh-

There was a breath taken inwards. Sharp. Rough, like he needed way more air than usual to live. There was a moment spent sitting still, looking at the sky, before his head dropped. Looked at the antler in his hands. Looked at the ground beneath him.

“Maybe more than a minute,” he said. ”Fuck.”
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

It looked like everyone knew what to do next, but nobody wanted to, Angie included. Yes, she was ready to move out. She had her gun, she had her bags, her body was fine again, but her mind was shackled here. Angie's body was a prisoner of its mind, incapable of forcing itself to move. Her mind was solidified in one spot, and so was her body.

The forest moved again. Angie assumed the forest was large, and every movement created a domino effect that spread the noise around like a Rube Goldberg machine. In this situation, the simple task wasn't to open a can or light up a cigarette, it was to create dismay and despair for its habitants. However, no kinetic artists were present on the scene therefore there was a lack of control. The dominos could fall on anyone, and anybody could become the source of despair. Interestingly enough, Angie felt like she was immune. She knew this feeling wouldn't last forever, but for whatever moment she had of clarity, she needed to take advantage of it.

"Since we're talking about plans," she said, "I'm looking for my brother. I assume nobody has a clue where he is, right?"
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Adonis noticed that both Myles and Jonathan needed a moment to calm themselves down and he couldn't blame them for try to take everything in. He felt Myles' hand trembling in his steady hand and he found himself feeling more or less sad and a pinch of anger was starting to soar inside him. Adonis was not normally the type to find angry about things, he could be pretty naïve and he would try to see the good in everyone. But now.... he couldn't be too trusting...? Everyone was in a terrifying situation and he knew that people would react differently to it. He was reacting to it in a more different way than even he had thought he would.

"Okay, you guys can take as long as you like to calm down." Adonis said with a nod as he continued to hold Myles' hand to comfort him and he turned his head to glance at Angie and Jonathan, smiling weakly. "Everything is going to be fine. We just need to think about what to do afterwards."

Angie seemed like she was the most level-headed out of all of them and Adonis was relieved that the person with the gun wanted to come up with a plan. Which involved looking for her brother. Ramsey. Basketball player. Adonis had briefly talked to the guy a few times. His heart felt like it was tightened at the thought of siblings and he forced that feeling into the back of his mind. He would just have to worry about that later.

"Ramsey.... I have no idea where he is. I woke up over there not that long ago and I collapsed against this tree because everything had overwhelmed me." Adonis nodded and pointed with his free hand towards some trees in a general direction and then he looked back at Angie again, eying the gun more cautiously. "We have a map. So we could pick out a location and then we could try to look for Ramsey. There are people that I would like to look for too."
[+] V7
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
backslash

Post by backslash »

"Um, Ramsey? No idea. You guys are the first people I've seen besides... you know." Myles didn't particularly want to find out where Ramsey was hanging out, either. They'd had enough of each other for probably the next ten years in those forty-five minutes spent stuck in the hotel elevator.

With Ivy.

Myles squeezed Adonis's hand and edged a little closer to his side. "I mean, it's hard to know where anybody would be, right? Even with a map, everyone else is probably going to be wandering all over too... seems like it's down to luck more than anything else." He chewed at his lower lip. Luck meant a lot. Myles hadn't been particularly lucky in life, especially in the past few weeks. The universe was about due to cough up on what it owed him.

So, well. There wasn't anything he could do about that part. He had to do his best to make things turn out the way he wanted, and trust that the rest would sort itself out. This was an okay start. Adonis and Angie were on his side. Jonathan could have all the minutes he wanted, as far as Myles was concerned, though he was kind of hoping Jonathan would go his own way. He seemed like dead weight waiting to happen.

"I'll just follow wherever you want to go for now." He punctuated that with another squeeze of Adonis's hand and a faint smile.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

“Wait, we’re in a group now?”

There was something in his… throat? Chest? General lung area? Wasn’t much — not as strong as any of the other times he’d really felt it — but it was still there, still capable of becoming worse. Like, there was nothing really wrong with the people here, he was sure that back at school he wouldn’t have minded being with them if they really insisted on it — except Myles, although Jonathan was pretty sure now that he was just worried rather than malicious — it was just that being here changed things. It was just that knowing what was going to happen once these 24 hours had passed suddenly put things slightly into persepctive, made trying to talk to people not matter as much anymore. Maybe he was being a massive jerk about this, but… if he was going to be dead by tomorrow he might as well die with people he liked. Make sure nobody could slow him down on his way to find them.

Was that fair?

He wasn’t sure.

He kinda didn’t want to finish the thought he aired out there just now so, uh…

Yeah.
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

“I guess?” Angie looked around. Was she okay being around these people? If she were to die right now, Angie wouldn’t be happy but not depressed. Her grip on her gun tightened. She didn’t see herself kill these people either but that still meant that perhaps, one day, she would. When that day come, would her decision be easy to make?

Angie knew she wasn’t destined to win this, but she’d rather limit her suffering and the one of others before she passed away.

It was settled. These people would be her companions. No matter how much time they had left. Perhaps it would be until their body would collapse from fatigue or from wounds or from anguish, Angie would stick to them. Ramsey was still her number one priority, but suddenly, these people were her close to her number two.

“I’m down if you guys are down with it.”
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Adonis was nodding his head a little as he turned his head to look at all three of them and he was surprised at how calm he was feeling in this situation. Maybe it was because he had someone that he wanted to take care of. Myles was really close to him now and he felt his cheeks get hot for a moment. Okay. Now was not the time for Adonis to think of Myles in such a physical way when they had been kidnapped and forced to kill each other on an island for some sickos' perverted fantasy.

Adonis had not thought of these guys being in a group with him but it was better than being alone. If he had been alone, he was sure that he would not have moved from that tree until someone else had approached him to possibly kill him. He was thankful that Myles had arrived and awoken him from his blank-like state. Adonis was going to make sure that he could repay Myles in some way later on.

"I am perfectly fine with working with you guys in a group." He admitted honestly, not letting go of Myles' hand and he realized that it felt like a source of comfort to him. It was stopping him from bursting into tears over how afraid he truly felt on the inside. "We can stay together until we can run into people that we want to stay with and then we can go our separate ways."

He paused for a moment to think about who he wanted to find. Declyn, Regina, Marco, Abel, Jonah, Lorenzo, Axel.... There were more people that he wanted to find but he had to see if he could do all of that. What if he died? What if they died? He did not know the answer to those questions. He had to make sure that Angie could get to her brother and then.... Well, whatever he wanted to do next.

Emmett.

….

Forget him. Emmett isn't your problem anymore, Adonis. Emmett made it clear that he doesn't want you to shower him with love anymore and now you have to let him do his own thing.

Adonis felt a small ache in his heart and he knew that he couldn't let Emmett go. Not yet. He.... He had to find Emmett too. He had to see him. Even if he was dying in a pool of his own blood, Adonis was determined to see Emmett at any cost.

"....How does that sound to you guys? Good?"
[+] V7
backslash

Post by backslash »

Myles pursed his lips at Jonathan. All he'd done since Myles showed up was ask dumb questions. If you had to ask whether you were in with a group of people, you weren't. Duh. "If there's something you want to go do, or people you want to see, don't let us hold you back."

Grouping up might be a better idea than splitting up Scooby Doo-style, but Angie clearly wanted to find Ramsey, who Myles really didn't want to find, and Jonathan seemed pretty into the stick-in-the-mud routine that he was doing. Only Adonis had been completely nice and helpful from the get-go, but Angie's gun was better than the lot of nothing that Adonis and Myles seemed to have between them.

"Anyway, I already made up my mind. I need stuff, so unless somebody wants to share, we have to go back and look for my bags." Not to sound too impatient, but he was feeling antsy just sitting here shooting the breeze while who knew what prowled around in the woods. Also, he was getting thirsty.
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

“Um.”

Thank you Myles for giving Jonathan this very special opportunity. Now he could opt out and maybe not look like a jackass while doing so. Of course it was all up to delivery to determine how he came off here and he’d been sorta flubbing fucking everything that came out of his mouth but whatever. Not like he needed to show care. He wasn’t going to see any of these people ever again so-

Okay, maybe don’t think that thought, Jonathan. That came out way more casually than it should’ve. Just… say the thing and then leave.

Yeah.

“Apologies, but I’m probably just going to head off by myself,” he said, looking down at the grass and scratching the back of his head. “Got people I wanna meet before this all b- um, happens.” His gaze on the things not the other people here intensified. “...And I’ll probably maybe get to them sooner if I don’t have to be with anyone, so, uh...”

He intended on standing up.

He didn’t. He just kinda, uh…

Sat there.

Did nothing.
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

"...what's that supposed to mean?"

Angie put her hands on her waist and tilted her head. She looked at Jonathan with eyes that couldn't be described with simple words like happy or sad. It was odd because Angie usually had black and white emotions: good or bad. It was simple and clean, some things were good like food and some things were bad like mosquitoes. The gray area didn't need to exist due to the nature of her past situations, but currently, the tiny line between black and white was becoming clearer. Suddenly, the gray jumped at her.

Oddly, she didn't take any offense at what Jonathan said. Perhaps it was the gas, perhaps it was the situation; it was honestly a mixture of both. She looked at Myles and Adonis. They probably wanted to leave already. Angie changed her mind. She wanted to stay. She squinted her eyes.

"I- uh." She scratched her head. Angie didn't want to see it. "Sorry."

She turned toward Myles and Adonis. "We should go now."
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Adonis felt a bit confused by Jonathan's words. He wanted to look for his friends on his own. Without any of them around to help him. Okay, Adonis was not the fighting type, but if he had to wrestle someone away from hurting anyone in the group. Then he would do just that. And also Angie had a gun. A gun! He honestly couldn't understand Jonathan's line of reasoning. It didn't make sense to him.

He doesn't trust you. He doesn't trust you or Angie or Myles. He thinks you and the others will slow him down, Adonis.

Adonis felt like he had gotten stabbed in the heart by realizing that truth. To not have someone trust him for once in his life, it was not a feeling that he was used to. Angie seemed eager to leave with him and Myles and he wondered if he could convince Jonathan to come with them. No, no. Jonathan had made his choice and Adonis couldn't force him to do something that he didn't want to do.

Adonis let out a soft, sad sigh.

"Okay, okay. Alright. I understand, Jonathan. I just hope...." Adonis stopped talking as he felt a himself holding back a wave of emotion and he stood up slowly with Myles beside him. "Just take care of yourself. Okay? Don't.... Don't let anyone hurt you just because you're going to be by yourself, okay?"

Adonis was feeling really bummed out and he put on a fake smile for Jonathan, giving him a small nod. Then he glanced at Myles and Angie.

"I'm ready when you guys are."

No, he wasn't ever going to be ready for anything that came their way.

((Adonis Cohen continued elsewhere))
[+] V7
backslash

Post by backslash »

Well, that settled things, right? Myles stood with Adonis and brushed himself off, twisting around to check for grass stains on his rear and satisfying himself that there were none. He grasped Adonis's hand again, giving him another tentative smile. Adonis seemed weirdly bummed that Jonathan didn't want to tag along. Myles could have reassured him; it was better that they weren't dragging around somebody who didn't want to trust them, the way he'd immediately distrusted Myles.

It was either dumb or just plain rude to immediately assume, and anyway, not everything he'd said had been a lie. Most of it was true, even. The tears had been like 60% real (the other 40% was allergies). And anyone could have attacked him.

Myles was never going to win any contests in the book smarts category, he knew that, but nobody ever gave him credit for the other ways you could be smart. Once he'd done the crying for real and laid under a bush in the fetal position for a while, it hadn't taken long for a few simple truths to work themselves out. So Myles wasn't the smartest, or the strongest, and he had a little tube of fake lipstick with a singular bullet at his disposal and not much else. But he knew who he was, and he knew who his classmates were. He knew who was nice and who was a threat and who didn't need to be acknowledged at all.

Angie was fine, but Adonis was perfect. It had been pure luck that Myles stumbled upon the gathering he had, but the choice from there was obvious. Right at the beginning, he needed people more than supplies or weapons; if they backtracked and found the contents of Myles's bags scattered where he'd thrown them around the undergrowth, that was fine. If not, he was sure Adonis would share. The little lipstick gun was tucked safely into the inside pocket of his jacket, securely against his side (not the side he was pressing up against Adonis with, obviously).

"Yeah," he murmured in agreement with Adonis's words, not sparing Jonathan another glance. "Let's go."

Everything was awful, but Myles? Myles was going to be fine.

He just had to take things one step at a time.

((Myles Roux continued elsewhere))
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

“Alright, um,” he said. “See you, guys.”

There was... something that came up in his head, in regards to that response. Wasn’t quite sure what that specific something was but it let him know that maybe that wasn’t the greatest thing to say to everyone given that in all likelihood this was the last time they were ever going to see each other because in all likelihood they were all gonna be dead when tomorrow came. Like, okay, maybe it was best if he kept it cool and casual because there was no way he was going to spend this last day doing much of anything if he was freaking out about the fact that he was going to fucking die, but he didn’t know. Everything about this was way too complicated for him to even begin trying to navigate the social waters. He was just going to have to spend his last day knowing that he never was and never would be all that great at doing talking stuff.

But it was fine. The others weren’t going too hard on him. Adonis even wished him luck, even if his specific worries weren’t really all that valid. Like, yeah, maybe it was dangerous going alone, but nobody was going to attack anyone else so he was probably safe, right?

Right. Yeah. Probably safe. Maybe it was best he leave now and get headway in the “explore the island, find people before they all die” part of the plan, but like, he needed a plan for that plan to work. Wouldn’t be able to check this place out if he didn’t find the most optimal route, so...

He stayed in place, after the other three left. Put on leg on the stump. Brought out his map, read it, and stayed there, for a bit. Everything was awful — Jonathan seriously wasn’t gonna deny that — but if he didn’t want it to become worse, he had to keep calm. Take things one step at a time.

((Jonathan Meyers, continued in before the day is done, my prince is gonna come))

Return to “The Woods”