The 27th Songtest

SOTF's own Eurovision-style song contest. Submit songs that fit the theme and get mercilessly judged on your taste in music here.
D/N

Post by D/N »

IN WILL SEND SONG TONIGHT
Ugh never say never
Brayden Betancourt
Chris Passilidis
Adi Wheelwright
Fey Zelenka-Morrison

Always Remembered:
v7!
G080 - Nikki Nelson-Kelly - DECEASED Castles Fall in the Sand

v6!
B029: Aiden Slattery - DECEASED Get Off the Floor
G058: Kaitlyn Greene - DECEASED She Knew She'd Found Freedom

v5!
G038: Deanna Hull - DECEASED From Sea to Sky
B023: Jesse Jennings - DECEASED From Vision to Glory

v4!
G077: Andrea Raymer - ALIVE
B022: Imraan Al-Hariq - DECEASED
B006: Ricky Fortino - DECEASED
G036: Carly Jean Dooley - DECEASED

v3!
G045 - Eris Marquis - DECEASED
B104 - Jonathan Lancer - DECEASED
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

Welcome to the 27th Danya County Fair Talent Show! The 16 contestants from the west side of town hoping to make it out of the semifinals are:

jilly
kotori
ruggashrugga
cicicicicic
DN
CoversBorrowedPig
toben
deamon
boobie
TLOA
ohm
chad
RC
yuguhguhg
irene
paige

Here are the songs they're performing for your consideration:

1985 - Bowling for Soup (original by SR-71)
All Along The Watchtower - The Jimi Hendrix Experience (original by Bob Dylan)
Lay All Your Love On Me - Avantasia (original by ABBA)
Every Breath You Take - Chase Holfelder (original by The Police)
Three Is A Magic Number - Blind Melon (original by Bob Dorough)
Sharp Dressed Man - Xiu Xiu (original by ZZ Top)
Billie Jean - EDEN (original by Michael Jackson)
Smooth Criminal - Alien Ant Farm (original by Michael Jackson)
Boyz In The Hood - Dynamite Hack - (original by Eazy E)
The Mercy Seat - Johnny Cash (original by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds)
Henry Lee - Nick Cave and PJ Harvey (a folk song originally from Scotland)
Jolene - Radical Face (original by Dolly Parton)
Iron Man - The Cardigans (original by Black Sabbath)
The Man Who Sold The World - Midge Ure (original by David Bowie)
Chamber of Reflection - Matt Corby (original by Mac DeMarco)
My Favorite Things - George Stavis (original by Julie Andrews)

The top TEN songs will make it to the finals, while the bottom six contestants will have to give up their nametags, pack up their belongings, and leave the county with their families in shame.

Votes, both public and not, will be received either by board PM or Discord DM.

The round ends three days from the time of this post. Good luck!
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:
B083 - Diego Larrosa - Palayain mo na ako. - He didn't want this. say goodnight to the bad guy [10/159]
Current Theme Music: Devil Town (v1) - cavetown
Weapon: Tactical Combat Shovel
Previous Threads: Love & Money - before the day is done, my prince is gonna come - How Far I'll Go - Gimme, Gimme Shelter or I'm Gonna Fade Away - no one round here's good at keeping their eyes closed - Still Waiting - Hell is Other People - RICH_BOY_LIKES_IT_ROUGH.MP4 - I Don't Wanna Be Myself - The Bell Tolls For Our Funeral - The Gang Goes Out For Breakfast - Untrust Us - Crimewaves - Love itself is just as innocent as roses in May - Will All Be Forgiven? - black eyes looking up from below - Silent Key - it's ok we're just scared - life's alright in devil town - Beyond Human (Barely Human) - And Now Those Days Are Over and We Are All Ghosts - The Ultimate Test of Cerebral Fitness - Ang Pagbibinata ni Diego Larrosa - perverse verdict - Madness in the Method - park the car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me
Memories: Hiya sa Timog

G013 - Yuka Hayashibara (adopted from Ryuki!) - Does it spark joy? - She fixed up her look in one of a kind [46/159]
Current Theme Music: Play With Me - DDLC OST
Weapon: Bug-A-Salt Camofly 2.0 Insect Eradication Gun
Previous Threads: Quintessential Thinking - I Pray to the Lord You Reveal what His Truth is - all of our heroes fading - now i can't stand to be alone - Incredible Adventures - there's a pale imitation burnt in my eyes - Red Of Tooth And Claw - The Fifth Announcement - Low Times - Party Like It's 1999 - Hell and You - We're All Excited, We Don't Know Why, Maybe It's 'Cause, We're Gonna Die - Ron Gets a Bath As Well, Whether He Wants To or Not - No Exit
Pregame: In Vino Veritas - Shake It Out
Memories: Hayashibara Heart to Heart
Prom: Fear and Delight
Trip: Room 832: Welcome to the Witching Hour

G052 - Joanne Coleman (adopted from Cicada!) - I've got a thick skin and an elastic heart. - She tried to do something in Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death [116/159]
Current Theme Music: When You Die - MGMT
Weapon: George Hunter High School mascot costume
Previous Threads: hold on to this lullaby - Don't Stray Off The Path - D.R.E.A.M. - I'm Not That Nice, I'm Mean and I'm Evil - we keep these promises, write it in a letter
Pregame: You did not break me. I'm still fighting for peace. - Desperate Times - Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown - Do You Have The Time - i'm so 3008
Memories: I'm alright. I'm just fine. And you're a tool, so. - Make A New Cult Every Day

G075 - Aditi Sharma (adopted from Brackie! and somer!) - She failed in Yellow Light [88/159]
Weapon: Browning Hi Power 9mm
Previous Threads: Pandorama - Antisocial Darwinism - My Lucifer Is Lonely - They Couldn't Buy A Fucking Toaster. They're Broke, John.
[+] V6
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.
[+] V5
Dead:
B045 - Juhan Levandi - An Estonian wanna-be journalist with a fear of the dark who wanted to bring them all down in Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien [18/152]
Weapon: Party Bag (contains a noisemaker, party hat, two single-serving bags of candy, and a Hotwheels car)
Pre-Game Threads: Wiping All Out - Quixotic
Previous V5 Threads: Despair - The Real Folk Blues - The two people in the distance were Paulo and Becca - Mischief Managed - Sleeper Cell - Tell No Tales - So, How Was Your Day? - And I'm Not Sleeping Now - Intermission - Glass - A Manic Depressive Named Laughing Boy
G067 - Carmina Maliksi - A Filipina car junkie with a /slight/ obsession with Korea and Japan who has finished things up (somewhat) in Red as Blood [139/152]
Weapon: Non-Functional Flamethrower (left in the Clubhouse)
Previous V5 Threads: Finding Center - Wish I Could Breathe - The Visionary
Memories: Offended?
B054 - Oscar Trig (adopted from Greg the Anti-Viking) - An artist who desperately needs a pencil, paper and a cigar and thought with his heart in Fumble [76/152]
Weapon: Binoculars
Pregame Threads: Taking it to the Streets
Previous V5 Threads: Waking Up at the Beginning of Time - Steadier Footing - Handoff
[+] misc
[+] meirl
new resting place for chatsig never forget 2018
give my v8 kids friends pls
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

The votes have been tallied for the West Side Finals! Those eliminated receive a $10 Sears gift certificate, a traffic cone, and a bus ticket out of the county.

Here are the bottom six and their placements:
[+] f
At 16th place, with 32 points, one 12 and one public 8 is Every Breath You Take, submitted by Paige
At 15th place, with 41 points, one 10 and one public 8 is Smooth Criminal, submitted by Rugga
At 14th place, with 41 points, one 12 and one 10 is Boyz In The Hood, submitted by Cicada
At 13th place, with 43 points and one 10 is Three Is A Magic Number, submitted by Jilly
At 12th place, with 44.5 points and two 8s is My Favorite Things, submitted by Toben
At 11th place, with 50 points, one 12 and one 8 is Chamber of Reflection, submitted by RC
This means the following songs shall advance to the final, and receive the right to stay in this county:
[+] hurrah
All Along The Watchtower
Lay All Your Love For Me
Sharp Dressed Man
Billie Jean
The Mercy Seat
Henry Lee
Jolene
Iron Man
The Man Who Sold The World
Second semifinals will be up promptly.
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:
B083 - Diego Larrosa - Palayain mo na ako. - He didn't want this. say goodnight to the bad guy [10/159]
Previous Threads: Love & Money - before the day is done, my prince is gonna come - How Far I'll Go - Gimme, Gimme Shelter or I'm Gonna Fade Away - no one round here's good at keeping their eyes closed - Still Waiting - Hell is Other People - RICH_BOY_LIKES_IT_ROUGH.MP4 - I Don't Wanna Be Myself - The Bell Tolls For Our Funeral - The Gang Goes Out For Breakfast - Untrust Us - Crimewaves - Love itself is just as innocent as roses in May - Will All Be Forgiven? - black eyes looking up from below - Silent Key - it's ok we're just scared - life's alright in devil town - Beyond Human (Barely Human) - And Now Those Days Are Over and We Are All Ghosts - The Ultimate Test of Cerebral Fitness - Ang Pagbibinata ni Diego Larrosa - perverse verdict - Madness in the Method - park the car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me

G013 - Yuka Hayashibara (adopted from Ryuki!) - Does it spark joy? - She fixed up her look in one of a kind [46/159]
Previous Threads: Quintessential Thinking - I Pray to the Lord You Reveal what His Truth is - all of our heroes fading - now i can't stand to be alone - Incredible Adventures - there's a pale imitation burnt in my eyes - Red Of Tooth And Claw - The Fifth Announcement - Low Times - Party Like It's 1999 - Hell and You - We're All Excited, We Don't Know Why, Maybe It's 'Cause, We're Gonna Die - Ron Gets a Bath As Well, Whether He Wants To or Not - No Exit

G052 - Joanne Coleman (adopted from Cicada!) - I've got a thick skin and an elastic heart. - She tried to do something in Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death [116/159]
Previous Threads: hold on to this lullaby - Don't Stray Off The Path - D.R.E.A.M. - I'm Not That Nice, I'm Mean and I'm Evil - we keep these promises, write it in a letter
Pregame: You did not break me. I'm still fighting for peace. - Desperate Times - Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown - Do You Have The Time - i'm so 3008
Memories: I'm alright. I'm just fine. And you're a tool, so. - Make A New Cult Every Day

G075 - Aditi Sharma (adopted from Brackie! and somer!) - She failed in Yellow Light [88/159]
Previous Threads: Pandorama - Antisocial Darwinism - My Lucifer Is Lonely - They Couldn't Buy A Fucking Toaster. They're Broke, John.
[+] V6
V6 Characters:
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
[+] V5
Dead:
B045 - Juhan Levandi - An Estonian wanna-be journalist with a fear of the dark who wanted to bring them all down in Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien [18/152]
Weapon: Party Bag (contains a noisemaker, party hat, two single-serving bags of candy, and a Hotwheels car)
Previous V5 Threads: Despair - The Real Folk Blues - The two people in the distance were Paulo and Becca - Mischief Managed - Sleeper Cell - Tell No Tales - So, How Was Your Day? - And I'm Not Sleeping Now - Intermission - Glass - A Manic Depressive Named Laughing Boy
G067 - Carmina Maliksi - A Filipina car junkie with a /slight/ obsession with Korea and Japan who has finished things up (somewhat) in Red as Blood [139/152]
B054 - Oscar Trig (adopted from Greg the Anti-Viking) - An artist who desperately needs a pencil, paper and a cigar and thought with his heart in Fumble [76/152]
Previous V5 Threads: Waking Up at the Beginning of Time - Steadier Footing - Handoff
[+] misc
[+] meirl
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

Welcome to the East Side Semifinals. The 16 contestants hoping to get your votes are:

Laurels
me!!
Frozen
Shiola
Ricky
Fen
Ares
Skraal
Pan
\
Dodd
ppn!!!
Prim
Slam
stnky kormt
Brackie

Here are the songs they're performing for your consideration

Needle In The Hay - Sad Kermit (original by Elliott Smith)
No Angels - Bastille ft. Ella Eyre (original by TLC and The xx)
Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Lauryn Hill (original by Frankie Valli)
This Charming Man - Stars (original by The Smiths)
Call Me - Franz Ferdinand (original by Blondie)
Valerie - Amy Winehouse (original by The Zutons)
Dream On - Blacktop Mojo (original by Aerosmith)
Copycat - JubyPhonic (original by Circus-P)
Black Hole Sun - Postmodern Jukebox ft. Haley Reinhart (original by Soundgarden)
It's Not Right But It's Okay - CHVRCHES (original by Whitney Houston)
Feeling Good - Muse (original by Nina Simone)
Street Spirit - Stream of Passion (original by Radiohead)
The Sound Of Silence - Disturbed (original by Simon and Garfunkel)
Imagine - A Perfect Circle (original by John Lennon)
Cold Beer (Cry Tunes) - Jesse Stewart (original by Donnie Dumphry)
Always On My Mind - Pet Shop Boys (original by BJ Thomas)

The top TEN songs will make it to the finals, while the bottom six contestants will have to give up their nametags, pack up their belongings, and leave the county with their families in shame.

Votes, both public and not, will be received either by board PM or Discord DM.

The round ends three days from the time of this post.
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:

[+] V6
V6 Characters:
[+] V5
Dead:
[+] misc
[+] meirl
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

The votes have been tallied for the East Side Finals! Those eliminated receive a $10 Radioshack gift certificate, a boat paddle, and a bus ticket out of the county.

One of our contestants has been disqualified for failing to send in his vote. Here is his song and would-be placement.
[+] fm7
The DQed song is Imagine, submitted by Frozen Smoke. It would've placed 13th, with 47 points and one public 8.
And now, we present the bottom five and their placements.
[+] rip in peace
At 15th place, with 27 points, one 12 and one 8 is Needle In The Hay, submitted by Kermit
At 14th place, with 32.5 points, and one 10 is This Charming Man, submitted by ppn!!!
At 13th place, with 35 points and one 12 is Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You, submitted by Pancapples
At 12th place, with 49 points, one 12, one 10, and one public 10 is Copycat, submitted by Primrosette
At 11th place, with 53 points, one 10, and one public 10 is Valerie, submitted by Fenris
This means the following songs still get to see the light of day.
[+] congrats
No Angels
Call Me
Dream On
Black Hole Sun
It's Not Right But It's Okay
Feeling Good
Street Spirit
The Sound of Silence
Cold Beer (Cry Tunes)
Always On My Mind
Finals will be up promptly.
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:

[+] V6
V6 Characters:
[+] V5
Dead:
[+] misc
[+] meirl
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

Welcome to the finals! The 20 contestants hoping to earn our $500 Macy's gift certificate are:

DN
Ricky
chad
Skraal
CoversBorrowedPig
Ω
Ares
me!!!
irene
boobie
\
Laurels
Dodd
TLOA
deamon
yuguhguhg
kotori
Brackie
Slam
Shiola

Here are the songs they're performing for your consideration:

The Mercy Seat - Johnny Cash (original by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds)
Call Me - Franz Ferdinand (original by Blondie)
All Along The Watchtower - The Jimi Hendrix Experience (original by Bob Dylan)
The Sound Of Silence - Disturbed (original by Simon and Garfunkel)
Cold Beer (Cry Tunes) - Jesse Stewart (original by Donnie Dumphry)
Henry Lee - Nick Cave and PJ Harvey (a folk song originally from Scotland)
Lay All Your Love On Me - Avantasia (original by ABBA)
Street Spirit - Stream of Passion (original by Radiohead)
Black Hole Sun - Postmodern Jukebox ft. Haley Reinhart (original by Soundgarden)
1985 - Bowling for Soup (original by SR-71)
Jolene - Radical Face (original by Dolly Parton)
No Angels - Bastille ft. Ella Eyre (original by TLC and The xx)
Sharp Dressed Man - Xiu Xiu (original by ZZ Top)
It's Not Right But It's Okay - CHVRCHES (original by Whitney Houston)
Billie Jean - EDEN (original by Michael Jackson)
Iron Man - The Cardigans (original by Black Sabbath)
Always On My Mind - Pet Shop Boys (original by BJ Thomas)
The Man Who Sold The World - Midge Ure (original by David Bowie)
Dream On - Blacktop Mojo (original by Aerosmith)
Feeling Good - Muse (original by Nina Simone)

Submit your votes, public or not, to me via board PM or Discord DM with this format:
12 -
10 -
8 -
7 -
6 -
5 -
4 -
3 -
2 -
1 -

You have a bit over four days and twelve hours from the time this was posted to submit your votes.
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:

[+] V6
V6 Characters:
[+] V5
Dead:
[+] misc
[+] meirl
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

As everyone has submitted their boats, I'll be closing the voting lines an hour or so early!

Results will come up Soon.
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:

[+] V6
V6 Characters:
[+] V5
Dead:
[+] misc
[+] meirl
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

Welcome to the finale of the 27th Local County Talent Show! First of all, thank you everyone for submitting and participating. This was honestly a solid songtest with a lot of submissions, and it's been great getting to host again. We'll begin by presenting the bottom half. Here they are, along with their scores.
[+] 20th Place
1985 by Bowling for Soup, submitted by Yugi. It received 31 points.
[+] 19th Place
Billie Jean by EDEN, submitted by Kotori. It received 32.5 points, including one 12!
[+] 18th Place
Always On My Mind by the Pet Shop Boys, submitted by Skraal. It received 35.5 points, including one 10!
[+] 17th Place
Sharp Dressed Man by Xiu Xiu, submitted by CoversBorrowedPig. It received 44 points, including one 12, one 8, and one public 10!
[+] 16th Place
The Man Who Sold The World by Midge Ure, submitted by TheLordOfAwesome. It received 51 points, including one 12 and three 8s!
[+] 15th Place
All Along The Watchtower by The Jimi Hendrix Experience, submitted by Chad. It received 56 points, including one 12 and two 10s!
[+] 14th Place
The Sound of Silence by Disturbed, submitted by z. It received 57 points, including two 10s, two 8s, and one public 8!
[+] 13th Place
Henry Lee by Nick Cave and PJ Harvey, submitted by DN. It received 58 points, including two 10s, one 8, and one public 12!
[+] 12th Place
Cold Beer (Cry Tunes) by Jesse Stewart, submitted by me!!! It received 58 points, including one 12, one 10, and two 8s! As Cold Beer received more 12s than Henry Lee, it won the tiebreaker.
[+] 11th Place
Iron Man by The Cardigans, submitted by Ohm. It received 58.5 points, including one 12, one 10, and two 8s!
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:

[+] V6
V6 Characters:
[+] V5
Dead:
[+] misc
[+] meirl
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

Now, we present the top 10 and their placements. Let's make some noise!
TOP 10
[+] 10th Place
It's Not Right But It's Okay by CHVRCHES, submitted by Laurels. It received 59.5 points, including one 10 and one 8!
[+] 9th Place
Dream On by Blacktop Mojo, submitted by Dodd. It received 62 points, including one 12, two 8s, and one public 10!
[+] 8th Place
No Angels by Bastille, submitted by Brackie. It received 64 points, including one 12, one 10, and one 8!
[+] 7th Place
Call Me by Franz Ferdinand, submitted by Shiola. It received 72 points, including three 10s!
[+] 6th Place
Feeling Good by Muse, submitted by Ricky. It received 72 points, including two 12s, one 10, and one 8! As Feeling Good received more 12s than Call Me, it broke the tiebreaker.
[+] 5th Place
Jolene by Radical Face, submitted by Irene. It received 74.5 points, including one 12!
[+] 4th Place
Street Spirit by Stream of Passion, submitted by Slam. It received 77 points, including two 12s, one 10, two 8s, and one public 12!
Here are the top three and their songs! In no particular order, we have:
[+] woo
boogs - The Mercy Seat by Johnny Cash
Deamon - Lay All Your Love On Me by Avantasia
Ares - Black Hole Sun by Postmodern Jukebox ft. Haley Reinhart
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:

[+] V6
V6 Characters:
[+] V5
Dead:
[+] misc
[+] meirl
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

TOP 3
Winning a tin medal painted in bronze, as well as $100 in spare change is!
[+] 3rd Place
Lay All Your Love On Me by Avantasia, submitted by Deamon. It received 79.5 points, including two 12s and one public 8!

and in 1st place

with a $500 Macy's gift certificate

the validation of their taste in music

91 points

four 12s

and one 10

is

THE MERCY SEAT BY JOHNNY CASH, SUBMITTED BY DMBOOGIE

CONGRATULATIONS

Winning a silver medal and a gray train figurine is Ares! His submission, Black Hole Sun by Postmodern Jukebox ft. Haley Reinhart, received 85 points, including one 12, three 10s, and two 8s!

The reign of the train is over For Now, and shall be followed by the Return Of Murderbot2000. It has been a real treat getting to host again, and I hope you guys enjoyed as much as I did!

Data for this songtest can be found here:
Semifinals 1 and 2, including public boats
Finals
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:

[+] V6
V6 Characters:
[+] V5
Dead:
[+] misc
[+] meirl

Return to “Song Contests”