"Though we may not survive it..."

A simple river which offers so much, such as a place to bath, a food source, and a fresh water source. Be careful... someone could easily sneak up on you while you are bathing, or gathering food and water.
Swoosh*

Post by Swoosh* »

((hey, I'm sure Angharad would love to see you guys at the Lookout Point :P ))

He would find her. He would prove to everyone, especially Skip, that he could do it. Who needed Skip anyway?

Callum felt a weight on his shoulder and looked up to see the girl he had mistaken for Beth in front of him. Callum had never been this close to a girl before. Most thought he was strange and stayed away from him. Callum didn't mind this, but now he appreciated the comfort she was showing him. Feeling slightly helpless, he nodded.

"Y-yeah," he said, wiping away his tears. "He says I can't find her. And hey, maybe he's right, I mean, I've looked everywhere, and no luck so far... but I promised her I'd save her, and I have to...Skip's wrong."

This girl was right. Sobbing wouldn't save Beth anymore than attacking random strangers would. He had to pull himself together. He looked at the girl.

"Thanks," he said, and went to stand up.
I am an archival account used by staff to port old posts from handlers no longer active. If you are this handler, get in touch with staff and we can get your posts back for you! Elise avatar by Kermit.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

As Adam sat while Hawley bandaged his arm, he watched the kid rock back and forth and cry. The kid was acting...well...a little odd, and Adam couldn't help but look at Hawley and make a 'what the hell?' face at him. Adam sighed. At this point, there wasn't much he could do until he got some feeling back in his arm, which was starting to feel like pins and needles.

As Marcus' voice seemed to come out of the bushes, he blinked in surprise. He had thought that Marcus had gone off on his own. Immediately, he half-raised himself to get up and give Marcus a hand, but a stern look from Hawley sat himself back down again. He would have to wait until his arm was properly looked at.

On the other side of the area, Amanda stood, shotgun in hand, her brow furrowed in thought. The gun wasn't pointed at anywhere in specific, but holding onto it gave her an odd sense of protection. Sure, she had Adam, she had Madelaine, and it seemed like she had Hawley all for protection, and even David had vowed to protect her, but still...being able to protect oneself was definitely a luxury she enjoyed. As Marcus' injured-sounding voice came out of the bushes, she blinked in surprise. She hadn't been aware that Marcus was still around, but he sounded like he needed help.

"Marcus? Where are you?" She called out, not seeing him.
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
OnceForgotten†

Post by OnceForgotten† »

"S-s-s-soaking up s-s-s-some s-s-suh-...rays"
Marcus put his hand in the air. He tried to crawl up to his knees, but found it too hard to tighten the muscles in his stomach required to lift his mass off the ground.
"Had a l-l-l-little encounter...I l-l-l-lost."
Marcus smiled. They all were probobly assuming he ran into one of the 3 crazy terrorists. He did not have the heart to tell him that he got outsmarted and beaten by an average looking kid who seemed not to be wrapped real tight. Oh well. it was bound to happen. Once.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler OnceForgotten. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

Hawley glanced up from where he was currently wiping away blood from Adam’s wound when the familiar voice of Marcus filled the air, he looking about the general area trying to locate the big guy but seeing no sign of him. He looked toward Amanda, hoping she’d be able to locate him while he looked this over.

Seeing that while he had been looking away that Adam had begun standing up, he couldn’t help the look he shot at him tugging against his sleeve as if telling him without words ‘To sit the hell back down.’ Returning to cleaning the thin, but no doubt long and deep wound he had gotten on his arm.

Frowning, he took a swift glance to Blaine’s body noting the handaxe still gripped in his hand, glancing back down the frown kept as he continued to look it over.

“Well… this isn’t something I can just bandage.” Hawley admitted lightly, but personally wanting to do this again… but lightly he shook his head, pushing the fabric against the wound as more blood started slipping out of the torn skin.

“It’s much to deep, and won’t stop bleeding. The only thing I can do at this point… is un, do another one of my stitch jobs like I had to do with Alan. With all this bleeding, he no doubt hit a couple of veins.. I can give you some of the morphine I have; it’ll stop the pain to some degree while I’m doing it. And you’ll no doubt feel better… most people when given morphine do feel better… but it’s either this or you bleed to death.”
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

"Fuck..."

Adam swore, loudly and clearly. He figured that it would cause the majority of people in the little valley to look over, and Adam sighed. There was, of course, one choice in the matter.

"Yeah man...as much as I hate needles...morphine me up, because honestly, after all that's happened, I'm not deathing anytime soon. I've got to live long enough to stick to Mr. Danya, you know?"

He couldn't help but try and stifle a grin, of course being unsucessful as he murmured in a low voice to Hawley. "And, well...Amanda and I are...well, I guess we're a couple now..."

Amanda herself poked her head through the bushes and saw Marcus, lying down on the ground, looking a little the worse for wear. Her eyes went wide, and she bent down and extended a hand to him. She didn't weigh that much, but for what she lacked in weight she DEFINTELY made up for in height, and so she hoped her height would be enough to help her pull Marcus up.

"Jesus Christ, Marcus...what happened to you?!"
[+] V7

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

He found himself smiling as Adam spoke, crouching down and removing another of the bottles from his bag. The small bottle now a little more than half empty from both have to use it on Alan, and probably some of it escaping as they had moved about the island.

Filling the needle to what he figured be best, he placed the now empty bottle off the side looking up at Adam as he spoke of both Amanda and him now being a couple, Hawley giving another smile as he pushed himself back up onto his feet.

“Even more reason to get off this island, now that you two are together… you have so much to live for, kind of suck to die without taking her on a good first date.”

Pushing two fingers against Adam’s throat somewhat above where his collar rested, he pushed down for a minute before moving the needle into his other hand and making a quick jab into the skin there while he knew where the jugular was.

Pushing all of the morphine in he quickly pulled it back out, and started going about removing the needle as to use it to sew the wound shut.

Though he glanced over to where he had seen Amanda wonder toward when her voice filled the air, he sighing lightly as he called out today was just turning into a busy day for him. But glancing toward Madelaine he figured it be a better time than ever for the girls to learn some first aid.

“Amanda what’s wrong over there?” He called out, grabbing at the shirt he had torn up before with Alan pulling another string of fabric loose, as he looked over at Adam while doing this.

“Morphine should be kicking in at any time, I just ask that when you do start feeling it. Please don’t jump up thinking you can take on the world, because you will… so try to keep clam. And I hope you don’t mind the stitches are going to be bright pink.”
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Swoosh*

Post by Swoosh* »

Right, Callum, time to pull yourself together. Shaking his head to get rid of any last drop of weepy Callum that was left, he stood up and made his way over to where Amanda was trying to help someone out of the bushes.

The appearance of yet someone else had startled Callum a little, but he had promised himself to be alert and on the ball from now on, not only for his sake but for Beth's also.

Thinking Amanda might need a little help, he offered his hand as well. "Who was it?" he asked, as he bent over a little to haul the newcomer up.
I am an archival account used by staff to port old posts from handlers no longer active. If you are this handler, get in touch with staff and we can get your posts back for you! Elise avatar by Kermit.
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

Madelaine nodded kindly towards Callum, trying to come up with a friendly smile, though it seemed a struggle now more than ever. "It seems that everyone's looking for something. I hope you find it soon."

She looked after to where Amanda was at, and her eyes fell upon the badly wounded Marcus. She gulped slightly, feeling somewhat guilty that she had left him behind at the clinic only a while ago. Placing her hand against her forehead to ease the strain, she walked over to where Adam and Hawley were.

However, she stopped short as she passed by the fallen Blaine, lying dead in a pool of blood that stained the ground. She looked not at the gaping hole in his neck, but rather his now glazed eyes. Looking at them, she saw that they somehow still expressed a sense of fear or some kind of pain.

Gently, she reached over and closed his eyes shut. Though there were marks of tear stains on his face, at the very least he looked more peaceful now. She let the hand axe be and walked back to Adam and Hawley, crouching a bit nearby to watch Hawley's work on the wound.

"Amanda found Marcus," she remarked quietly, hugging her knees abit with her arms. "Seems as though he's in bad shape. Honestly, this place is like a war zone..." She looked over towards Hawley a bit.

"Do you suppose I could help in any way? Yeah, I notice that everybody seems to be relying on just you like that."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler LadyMakaze. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

OOC: Also continued from the Lookout Point.
IC: David cleared through the small thicket of trees that lead from the woods and Lookout Point to the River. Cursing inwardly, he stumbled over the last rock and fell face first onto the river bank not too far from the group.

"Damn rocks." he muttered as he picked himself up, walking over to the group. They seemed to be alright, the corpse of the assailant just barely visible from his vantage point.

"Seems like you guys took care of everything already."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Slayer.
OnceForgotten†

Post by OnceForgotten† »

Marcus was on one knee now, the two girls had managed to haul him up to that point, but were having some difficulty getting him to his feet. As David approached, he saw a chance to relieve the two exausted females.
"Hey D-d-d-dave, s-s-s-some help?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler OnceForgotten. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Adam winced as Hawley stuck him in the neck with the needle. He HATED needles. As Hawley removed the syringe, however, Adam couldn't help but take a look down at the nasty gash in his arm. It was soaked with blood and looked pretty deep. He winced.

"Damnit, Hawley...I hope you know what you're doing, bro..."

The pain then suddenly vanished. Adam coudln't help but blink in surprise. It was as if someone had gone and cut off his pain receptors. Raising an eyebrow, he couldn't help but grin a little. If he didn't have pain receptors, that'd make him very dangerous - that is, if he were a player. But he wasn't. At least, he thought that he wasn't. Perhaps others might think differently due to the fact that he had killed Blaine.

Sighing, he looked at Hawley.

"Alright man...go ahead. Just, um...try and fix me up as best you can, eh? I don't want to bleed out, if you know what I'm saying."

Adam weakly smiled at Hawley. He was scared, he had to admit it. If Hawley was right and the veins had been cut...Adam might not have all that much time left at all.
[+] V7

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

He was still cleaning away at some of the blood on Adam’s arm when Madelaine came over and started speaking to him about Marcus, and asking if there would be any way of she helping. Glancing to Adam, who seemed to have clamed down a bit he wasn’t so tense looking anymore… thank god for morphine.

“I’m fine if doing what I can, knowing my way around the medical field is really the only thing I got you know? But help would be nice about now…”

Hawley turned his attention toward where Marcus currently was before looking lightly back Madelaine, “Alright. While I’m sewing Adam up, I need you to go over there and find out what’s wrong. Try and help him get on his feet and out of those bushes, but make sure he doesn’t move to much we don’t know how bad the wounds are, and from there I’ll tell you what to do.” He muttered, smiling lightly eyeing Adam as he begun talking once more.

“I promise… I won’t let you bleed to death all right? I’ll make sure you make it till you get that cigar smoking bastard back, for our classmates, friends and everyone else that have died on this island.”

He said lightly, glancing off toward Blaine’s body. “Bad or not… we don’t deserve this, and also I feel as though I have to try and make up for what I did.”

Fixing the piece of fabric on the needle, he pushed it through a piece of skin below the wound pulling the long piece though and pushing it through the skin above the wound, pulling on it as he started pulling the skin together. Continuing his work slowly along…

“If it helps, try not to look at the wound alright? I’ve seen you around blood, and the last thing any of us needs is you going to into shock. So think of other things, good, and cute things… like kittens, or something. Or even hockey, just do something to take your mind off what’s going on over here.”
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

Listening carefully to his instructions, Madelaine nodded once towards Hawley to show she understood. She stood up after brushing a bit of dirt away from her travel-worn moccassins, now on the verge of becoming tatters. She walked over to Marcus, looking him over and swallowing hard a bit.

Judging from the state Marcus was in, it would seem that Adam would not the only one worrying about bleeding to death.

"Here...Let Hawley have a look at you..." She told him, carefully taking him by the same arm Amanda had a hold on, gently urging him on to lead him away from the bushes, taking care not to aggravate one of the many cuts and lacerations that decorated his large form.

She shuddered slightly, as she looked over his blood covered form. Quickly, she unzipped her bag and took out the first aid kit. Juggling it with one hand while holding onto Marcus' arm, she called over to where Hawley was still working on Adam's wound.

"Um...Hawley? No offense, but you might want to pick up the pace a bit... there are deep cuts, all over. It's like someone took a rake, and..." She stopped short, not knowing or even wanting to finish the sentence.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler LadyMakaze. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

He continued working the needle in and out of the skin, pulling tight as he did to pull the skin together to keep the wound from bleeding anymore than it already had. Glancing up from his job, he lightly eyed Adam. “How are you feeling, lightheaded or anything?” Hawley asked lightly before returning the wound, though knowing that the morphine would have already kicked in the answer might be different from how he really felt.

As he had said the last thing they needed was him fainting from blood loss, or even worse going into a shock from the blood loss. But as Madelaine’s voice broke the air, he glanced up from Adam’s arm once more as she stated him hurrying his current job might need to be done…

Listening to what she said about the wounds he couldn’t help the low muttered curse that escaped his lips, “Un, alright I finish this up as quickly as I can, till then…” He muttered, using his foot to kick his daypack out and away from a little. “There should be something clean in there… find whatever you can. Find the worse wounds and keep them pressed tightly against the wound, I’ll be over there in a minute.”
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

"Roger that," Madelaine replied towards Hawley as she turned away from Marcus for a bit, grabbing at the day pack and pulling it towards her. Immediately, she unzipped it and dug through, feeling for one of the spare shirts before pulling it out.

Looking back towards Marcus, she carefully folded the shirt and used it to put pressure on some of the wounds worse off to stem the flow of blood.

"Someone hold it like that for me," she addressed to the two others helping Marcus. "Just put pressure on it okay?" To Marcus, she said, "Keep your arms lowered, and relax, he'll be here in a minute." Keeping a hand firmly over the shirt covering the wound, she dug her hand into the day pack again, reaching for another shirt.

She looked over the deep cuts that crisscrossed along his form again, and bit her lip, frowning in though.

"Who could have done this?" She wondered aloud, a chill running down her back at the very thought. "Were they really just aiming to kill you, or did they do this to you just for fun?"

Return to “The River”