5.1 The Mansion

The first version of Discord Of The Fittest, known now as V0.
SOTF: Discord

5.1 The Mansion

Post by SOTF: Discord »

The mansion is one of many vacation houses built around five years ago by a rich family who enjoys travelling around the world. However, said family has so far never set a foot onto the island. Instead the mansion and garden were overseen by three housekeepers. All of them were rounded up and killed by the terrorists.
The mansion is by far the most modern place on the island, which is why the terrorists took a great effort to remove everything that could make the student's stay too comfortable.
Apart from the usual rooms a big mansion has, it also includes a outdoor-pool currently filled half-way with rain water and a big wine cellar the terrorists only partly cleaned out, leaving a lot of different wines behind.

[+] And so, it begins...
DerArknight — 24/09/2021 00:43
Name: And so, it begins...
Time: Day 1
Seth Kent wrote:DerArknight — 24/09/2021 00:46
((Seth Kent: Start))
"Shit."
This was Seth's first word when he awoke in the master's bedroom of the mansion.
He had expected some crazy things to happen on this class trip. Being abducted by terrorists and forced into a real-life Fortnite was not among them.
Especially not with... a bunch of plastic bags as weapons.
Seth thought hard. For now, he couldn't count on anyone helping them. He would need to find others. Then talk about what to do next. Find a way out of this mess.
Still shaky from the knock-out-gas, he stood up and went to the door.
"Anyone here?"
??? wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 24/09/2021 00:48
"No." Came a voice from under the bed
Seth Kent wrote:DerArknight — 24/09/2021 00:49
Seth almost jumped out of his skin. He certainly hadn't expected someone to be in the same room as him.
"Hold on a moment." He turned around. "I am pretty sure a empty nothingness wouldn't be able to answer!"
??? wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 24/09/2021 00:50
"How do you know? Have you ever met a nothingness before?"
Seth Kent wrote:DerArknight — 24/09/2021 00:50
"Well," Seth thought for a moment. "I once met a guy so boring he might as well have been...
"Hey, don't divert from the topic. How about you show your face and so?"
??? wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 24/09/2021 00:52
"Pretty presumptuous to assume I have a face. And I'm not diverting anything, you're the one that keeps changing the topic."
Seth Kent wrote:DerArknight — 24/09/2021 00:54
With an annoyed look (that his currently unknown conversation partner was unable to see from under the bed) Seth made sure his glasses were still on his nose, a typical gesture when he got irritated.
"Last time I checked, 100% of all living humans have faces. You talk like a human, so I assume you are one. So, are you gonna come out or not?"
??? wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 24/09/2021 00:57
"I mean, there are definitely some people that would be classified as barely having faces, right? Due to, like, accidents and stuff. Doesn't it follow that, like, if you lost all those identifying features that you wouldn't really have a face anymore?"

"And I dunno. I'm pretty comfortable where I am."
Seth Kent wrote:DerArknight — 24/09/2021 01:00
Seth answered with a sigh.
"Fine, whatever. Doesn't really matter if you have a face as long as you are under there. Just stay there for all I care." It was then that he realized something else. "By the way, who are you? Pretty sure I haven't heard your voice before at school."
Guy Under the Bed wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 24/09/2021 01:03
"I'm just the Guy Under the Bed. Chilling out, waiting for the end at all that. You might know me, you might not. Maybe I don't really exist, even."

"And you?"
Seth Kent wrote:DerArknight — 24/09/2021 01:05
"... My name is Seth. I guess you could call me an ordinary high school senior. I like video games, should really be doing more sport and still have no clue what to do after school."
Guy Under the Bed wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 24/09/2021 01:06
"And what are you going to do now? Out here?"
Seth Kent wrote:DerArknight — 24/09/2021 01:07
"Dunno." Seth decided to be honest. "Is my first time participating in such a killer-contest. Or whatever you want to call this situation."

"Maybe I will look for some of my classmates. Try and find a way out of here that doesn't involve walking over everyone else's corpses."
Guy Under the Bed wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 24/09/2021 01:10
There is a long period of silence.

"Yeah, that makes sense, I think. But aren't they just gonna blow you up?"
Seth Kent wrote:DerArknight — 24/09/2021 01:11
Despite the other boy being still unable to see it, Seth threw up his hands in frustration.

"What do you want to hear? That I will go out there and pull some massmurder-shit with the bunch of plastic bags they gave me?"
Guy Under the Bed wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 24/09/2021 01:13
"I'm just talking. Asking questions. Is that so weird? Better than just fighting, right?"
Seth Kent wrote:DerArknight — 24/09/2021 01:15
"Yeah, better, I guess." Seth considered his options and made a decision.
"Listen, I am gonna leave now. You can come with me or you can keep doing whatever you plan to do under that bed. When I find a way out of this mess and can arrange it, I will come back and get you. So just stay put and don't die, okay?"
Guy Under the Bed wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 24/09/2021 01:19
Another pause, accompanied by a faint tapping sound.

"Where are you planning to go?"
Seth Kent wrote:DerArknight — 24/09/2021 01:21
"No clue yet." Seth pulled out the map. "Looks like we are right in the middle of the island. The mansion is surrounded by a forest. Also the is a beach, a city, a cave, a swamp, some mountains, a river and... a factory?"
Guy Under the Bed wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 24/09/2021 01:23
"Well.... this seems like the place to be, then." The voice sounds rather satisfies and allows the comment to sit for a while. Then it quickly corrects itself.

"Uh, unless there's stuff in the city, right?"
Seth Kent wrote:DerArknight — 24/09/2021 01:25
"There could be some kind of tools in the city. To get the collars off." Is what Seth thought, but he didn't speak it out loud.
"Maybe. Think it might be worth checking out."
He turned to the door once more and took a look. Seth was greeted by a fancy but dusty hallway.
"So, are you coming?"
Guy Under the Bed wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 24/09/2021 01:29
One last pause.

"I'm good."
Seth Kent wrote:DerArknight — 24/09/2021 01:31
"Fine with me."
With that, there was nothing more to say. Seth had already kinda promised to come back if possible once a solution was found, and Guy Under The Bed appeared pretty comfortable where he was.
"Catch you later."
Seth stepped out of the room and closed the door. Then he made his way through the hallway, looking for the stairs and a way out of the mansion.

((Seth Kent continued elsewhere))
Guy Under the Bed wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 24/09/2021 01:41
Some time passed following the other boy's departure, his footsteps trailing off into the void that existed beyond the mansion's walls.

Eventually, hands emerged from beneath the bed, dragging behind them a greasy looking boy. His hair was long and shaggy, his young face unshaven, leaving a covering of uneven fuzz across his jawline and upper lip. The black t-shirt that he wore was marked by the phrase "Better Than You And You Know It" along with an image of his favorite wrestler, MJF.

Squatting down, he pulled his baseball bat from under the bed and twirled it in his hands.

It was immediately clear, that he had no clue what the fuck he was doing.

((Horace McGillicutty: START))
Alexis Williams wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 24/09/2021 16:10
((Alexis Williams START))

Alexis frowned as she was sitting in another room and she was still feeling a bit dizzy from the knock-out gas effects and she rubbed the side of her temple. It felt like a piercing headache was coming on.

Whatever. It didn't matter anymore. I could die here. There is no time for me to worry about a measly headache.

She glanced at the fork that she had been given as a supposed weapon and she actually wanted to stab it into her own hand as a "Fuck You" to the terrorists. But that would just make her look like a damned idiot.

First thing that she needed to do, is get out of the room and she needed to take in her surroundings. She got up to her feet with a bit of a wobble and she moved over to the room's door, hesitating a little. She didn't know why she was feeling on edge.

She opened the door with an air of caution and she stepped out into the hallway.

She wished that she could call out. The silence was deafening.
Alexis Williams wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 25/09/2021 12:08
Alexis decided to get out of there.

And so she did.

((Alexis Williams continued elsewhere))
Horace McGillicutty wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 25/09/2021 16:35
Horace had been so busy wandering the mansion that he hadn’t noticed Alexis’ arrival until he heard the door close behind her.

“Huh, weird.” He muttered to himself, taking a seat by a window at the mansion’s front, remaining on the second floor, wondering if he could get a look at the mysterious guest’s retreating figure.
Alexis Williams wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 25/09/2021 20:21
((And she came back.))

Alexis didn't feel safe out there. She would have felt better if Tad had been with her, but well, being alone in general was not something that she liked at all. At least the mansion could be a good cover anyway.

She had heard gunshots the second she had gone out there.

She shivered in fear. Fuck that! She didn't want to die alone out there. She didn't want to die period.

She glanced back towards the stairs. Should she explore the place to get a better outline of the mansion? Maybe she could set out some traps if she needed to.
Horace McGillicutty wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 25/09/2021 21:28
It wasn’t long before Horace saw that figure turn right back around and return to the mansion. He had been right, this was the place to be.

Pressing his face to the glass, it became clearer that the figure was in fact a girl when she got close, though he couldn’t tell if he knew her at this distance. She didn’t seem like much of a fighter, though, running around without a weapon.

Giving a shrug, Horace stood up and made his way towards the stairs. Better not to hide and look like a creep or whatever. She’d probably already think he was a creep without it.

“Just so you know, this mansion is currently occupado, ya dig? Not saying you gotta go, just… you know.” He called down to her.
Alexis Williams wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 25/09/2021 22:40
Alexis almost jumped out of her skin when she heard the guy's voice from upstairs and she peered up the stairs to see.... a kind of intimidating-looking dude. If she squinted hard enough, she could see that he was wearing a shirt with a wrestler on it. Watching wrestling was one of her secret, guilty pleasures honestly. Not that she would even tell him that.

"....So you were here the whole time too?" She asked, feeling a bit unsure about this guy and then she remembered that she had heard voices when she had woken up. The voices were just not clear to her and felt like they had been in a foggy existence.

"You're not going to try to kill me, are you? Just want to make sure that I'm making a right choice in actually staying in this place."
Horace McGillicutty wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 25/09/2021 22:49
“Oh, yeah. I was under the bed. There was another guy too and he talked a lot. He left, though.” Horace explained, starting to walk down the stairs. The girl didn’t seem to be spinning any bullshit either, which was nice. Didn’t look bad either, close up.

“Nah, I’m not a weird psycho guy who just snaps cause somebody gives a threat. Plus I got a bat. Not exactly useful when there’s all these gunshots around, right?”

He took another look over her, reassessing something.

“You’re not killing people either, right? Some kind of luring people in and then wham kind of thing? Just checking.” He made it to the bottom of the staircase then, bat in hand.
Alexis Williams wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 25/09/2021 23:11
"Ah, I see." Alexis almost felt like giggling at the thought of this dude hiding under a bed and then she felt a bit bad as she would have likely done the same thing if she hadn't wanted to leave that room she had been in.

She was relieved to hear that he wasn't about to hurt her and that he actually had a better weapon than her. She had to agree that sadly it wouldn't help much against guns. People were already killing and it was making her feel sick to the bone.

"Well, at least you got something better than me." She raised her hand holding the fork and she waved it side to side a bit, trying to lighten the mood a bit. "Honestly, I rather not play by their rules. So no, no killing for me either! Unless you want me to poke at you with this fork."

A fork could never cause someone to bleed out from a serious injury? Right...?
Horace McGillicutty wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 26/09/2021 00:24
"I mean, you could give it a shot." He chuckled, before thinking it over a moment.

"Just make sure it's not the eye or whatever. Actually could do damage with that." Incredibly smooth line, that. He took a moment, thinking over what to say next. Kinda hard to be casual when lives are on the line and all that, but Horace and this girl weren't in much of a position to do anything about it.

"I'm Horace by the way. I... think I recognize you from AP History? Alexis, right? You wanna chill out here and see if we can find some cool shit? Was planning on hanging around this place as long as I can."
Alexis Williams wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 26/09/2021 01:01
Alexis wasn't sure if Horace was flirting with her in a weird, awkward way and she didn't want to make it more awkward herself. So she did a small chuckle herself and she lowered her hand back to her side. "Eye trauma is only cool if it's in fictional stuff. Violence isn't going to help us here sadly."

Horace, huh?

"Oh. Oh! Right, yeah. I think you're normally sitting at the back, right? Sorry, my head is still feeling a bit groggy. Didn't recognize you for a sec there. Yeah, Alexis is me!" She said with a proud smile and she was starting to feel a bit relaxed in his presence. "Staying here sounds like a safe bet for now. I was thinking that maybe we could find maybe set up traps if we needed to. What if the people who are shooting out there will come here? I don't want us to be in danger, you know?"
Horace McGillicutty wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 26/09/2021 01:44
Horace could see her relaxing so he did the same. For a moment, he thought back to the question shit he pulled with the guy earlier, wondering if he should have been similarly welcoming.

Nah, that guy was jumpy as shit.

"Well, Alexis, the trap thing sounds like a good idea... but I don't actually know how to make any of those things?" He explained, giving a shrug and something like an awkward smile. "Though if you've got any epic trap-setting skills you'd be willing to share, I'd be happy to help out, or whatever."

He extended his hand, offering it to her to shake, a symbol of an alliance, or something like that.

"What do you say? We set this place up and chill until we can't?"
Alexis Williams wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 26/09/2021 03:21
"Oh, gosh. You and I are definitely not the trap masters together, huh?" Alexis grinned at Horace awkwardly and she shifted a little on her feet. "Traps are not my specialty, but I'm sure that we can figure something out."

She glanced at Horace's hand that was reaching out to her and she grabbed onto it, giving the boy a firm, strong shake.

"We can definitely have this place all to ourselves. ...Partner."
Horace McGillicutty wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 26/09/2021 04:11
Horace nodded and shook her hand, smile growing a bit, surprised at how strong her grip was. This could end up being a pretty good deal, at least until it all inevitably fell apart, he decided. Chilling out with a cute girl in a big mansion, possibly secured by some traps. Could've gone worse.

"Alright, partner. Let's figure something out."

((Horace McGillicutty continued elsewhere...))
Alexis Williams wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 26/09/2021 04:14
"Agreed."

Alexis hoped that this would all work out for the time-being.

((Alexis Williams continued elsewhere for real))

[+] Home, Sweet Home
Horace McGillicutty wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 09/25/2021 7:15 PM
Name: Home, Sweet Home
Time: Afternoon of Day 1
Horace McGillicutty wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 09/25/2021 7:21 PM
((Horace McGillicutty continued from "And so, it begins..."))

They'd spent some time trying to set up a tripwire system that could do much beyond serving as an early alarm system. Currently, Horace was attempting to set up one of those leg traps that seemed to show up everywhere, but seemed difficult to mechanically reverse engineer.

"Crap..." He muttered, undoing yet another botched knot. "Better luck on your end...?" He asked, turning to Alexis.

Standing up straight, he pondered another question.

"Actually, I was meaning to ask... do you have anybody you'd be looking for out here? Like a cousin, friend, boyfriend?"
Alexis Williams wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 09/25/2021 7:49 PM
((Alexis Williams continued from "And so, it begins..."))

Alexis was pouting a little at how she wasn't able to make her own little trap. This was like the fourth or fifth time now and it seemed like they needed a better person for this. Ugh. It wasn't as easy as the movies made it look.

"Hmm. Not yet." She glanced over at Horace and she looked at his own failed attempts. "We'll get it right at some point. I'm sure we will!"

She blinked at his question.

"Uh.... well, you do know Tad, right? My best friend? He should be here too. But, um.... He knows how to take care of himself. Me on the other hand, no. Also.... No boyfriend."

She cleared her throat as she talked about the boyfriend part and she glanced away from him, feeling a bit shy about it.
Horace McGillicutty wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 09/25/2021 9:01 PM
"Yeah... I guess we will." Horace sighed, mulling over the what their next move should be, until parts of Alexis's next answer caught his attention.

"Oh okay, yeah. I think I remember a Tad. We'll be sure to keep an eye out for him then, let him in if he comes around, and all that." He nodded to her before continuing. "And, uh, it's cool. The boyfriend thing. I don't have a girlfriend or anything. No need to be nervous about it."

He shrugged, relaxing a bit when it was made clear that she wasn't too put off by the mention, too above it all.

"So... got any hobbies?" Small talk to fill the awkward space between them. He tried the knot again.
Alexis Williams wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 09/26/2021 3:33 AM
"Having a trio protecting this place would be super neat honestly." Alexis said with a nod of her head and she wondered if she could use a bookshelf as a weapon. Have it fall on someone if it needed to. "Ah, so we're singles together. At least you're not saying "You should be dating now, Alexis. Wanna make out with me?" or "You're a hot babe. Wanna be my baby girl?" or some gross crap like that."

At least she didn't have to suffer with those assholes here. She remembered that those two guys had got themselves suspended after causing a big fight in the middle of gym class.

"Hobbies...." She paused as she glanced at Horace's shirt and then she looked back at his face again. "Well.... I actually do like wrestling so we at least have that in common."
Horace McGillicutty wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 09/26/2021 4:41 AM
“Oh yeah, totally.” Horace gave a nervous laugh as Alexis explained her dating situation. Seemed like the girl had a bit of baggage when it came to being asked out. Best not to push too hard in that direction, then. He let out a sigh.

Horace finally decided that the leg trap was a bit of a lost cause and tried to think of something else. There might be a few loose nails around…

He was pulled from his pondering when Alexis elaborated on her hobbies, surprised by the answer she gave.

“Huh, that’s cool. I wouldn’t have guessed. I actually was going to the next AEW event, with them coming to New York and all. Had tickets and everything. But now…” He gave a shrug.
Alexis Williams wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 09/26/2021 9:59 AM
"Whaaat? Seriously?! I had been too late to get tickets myself as they were sold out so fast." Alexis admitted honestly and she thought that Horace had so lucky to get his hands on them. Then she sadly thought of their current reality. "Aww, if only we weren't here."

She paused as she was looking at a bookshelf thoughtfully, making sure that she could work out how to set it up without it falling on her or something.

"Who's your all-time favourite?" She asked, glancing back at Horace with an excited grin on her face.
Horace McGillicutty wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 09/26/2021 5:59 PM
"Hmm... that's a good question. I mean, if you're going based off of what I think about stuff going on now it's gotta be MJF. I mean..." He gestures towards his shirt for emphasis, before thinking it over. "When I was a kid I was pretty basic and loved John Cena of course." He elaborated, before returning attention to her other comment.

"I mean... let's say we aren't here. Just, like, on a hypothetical level. So like if we aren't here, would you maybe wanna go to something like that? Like, together or whatever. No pressure, just a hangout, if you'd like." It was a conversation he wanted to keep having, about a world where the two of them weren't here.
Alexis Williams wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 09/26/2021 6:32 PM
"Yeah, I guessed your fave should have been obvious to me honestly. Hehe." Alexis chuckled softly as Horace made it obvious that MJF was his favourite and then she thought about it a little. "Gosh, John Cena was the same for me. And Randy Orton as well, to be fair with you."

Alexis glanced up at Horace in surprise and she thought about it. Tad had always been the only guy that she mainly hung out with and she had a few girlfriends that weren't into wrestling sadly. So she would normally just go with Tad (who didn't really care for it and he did it to make her happy) or she would go alone.

"Aww, that would be cool. Like a wrestling date or something?" She was joking to lighten up the mood and then she smiled at him more genuinely. "Hanging out with you more would be nice. Eh, at home. Here is nice too. Feels safe to be here with you."

For now. How long can you keep yourself in a delusion, Alexis?
Horace McGillicutty wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 09/26/2021 9:03 PM
"Yeah, that does sound pretty good. How about it? If we're ever back in New York again we go for a wrestling date or something?" He offered, relaxing a bit as he walked over towards a couch nearby, taking a seat while he took a break from the security detail.

"I feel safe here too, with you. Good to have a place like this." He smiled, not wanting to focus too hard on that question. Might be a bit too much pressure. "So, at least we got an alarm set up, even if we didn't manage the traps. Do you think there might be some food around here? Drinks?" He asked, curious what she'd think.
Alexis Williams wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 09/26/2021 10:20 PM
"Sure! I would be up for it. Sounds like it would be a fun time." Alexis commented as she touched the bookshelf to make sure that it wasn't too wobbly or unsteady. "It would be totally awesome for real!"

Wishful thinking, Alexis.

"The alarm would be very useful. It's a shame that I don't have anything good to defend with tho." She glanced at her fork that she had put down on a table and then she shook her head a little. "Food and drinks.... Did you not look in your bag?"
Horace McGillicutty wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 09/27/2021 8:20 PM
“I mean, I did look in the bag, yeah. I was just thinking maybe there’s stuff that’s a bit better than water and protein bars, if you get me?” Horace tried to elaborate, standing up from the couch and offering to go explore a bit.

Nicer food would certainly help with the escapist aspects of their partnership. After all, what was a mansion if the food was shit. Plus, Horace couldn’t deny that it’d be pretty sweet if this place had a wine cellar or something hidden somewhere.
Alexis Williams wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 09/28/2021 9:22 AM
Alexis wasn't sure if anything was left around. Maybe there was some canned food that they could use, but she wasn't sure if the terrorists would go that easy on them. There was a reason why they give them food and water right? She also noticed that it wasn't much. So she figured that they were supposed to steal from other people.... or kill people for their supplies.

She shivered at the thought of murder. She couldn't even imagine herself being so heartless and desperate like that. But then people have always reacted differently to survival situations. She had to keep in mind that everyone didn't think the same way as she did.

"Yeah, I could go for some pizza." She commented as she noticed that Horace had only sat down for about five seconds or so and he got back up again. She smiled slightly at that. What a dork. "Maybe we can find some canned food. Well, since I haven't seen everything here, the kitchen is the first place to go to anyway."
Abel Manning wrote:jillz [abel/harriet i guess idk] — 09/28/2021 7:59 PM
(( There was a violent banging sound, coming from somewhere within the house. ))
Horace McGillicutty wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 09/28/2021 9:02 PM
"Well, let's go looking for some canned stuff, yeah?" Horace smiled back at Alexis, though he wasn't exactly sure what she was smiling at to begin with. Eh, he just shrugged it off, starting back towards what he assumed to be the kitchen.

However, he jumped when he heard the banging sound. What the hell? Horace considered that someone had tripped the alarm that he'd set with a wire and some pans. Gripping the bat tightly, Horace gave a nod to Alexis before rushing off in the direction of the sound.

"Hey, who's there?" He called while keeping on the move
Alexis Williams wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 09/29/2021 4:04 AM
Alexis felt her breathing quicken for a few seconds when there was suddenly a lot of noise coming from somewhere and she needed to take a breath in and out to keep herself under control.

While Horace went off to see who it was, she guessed that someone had triggered Horace's trap without meaning to and now they needed to know if that person was a friend or foe. She hoped that it would be a friend more than someone trying to get in to attack them.

Alexis picked up her fork as it was better than nothing and she started to follow after Horace at a slower, jogging-like pace. Just to be safe and in case they were about to get involved in a fight or not.
Abel Manning wrote:jillz [abel/harriet i guess idk] — 09/29/2021 8:47 AM
Whatever tripped the pans in the hallway was long gone at that point but deeper in the mansion came a rumbling of metal-on-metal coming from the kitchen area, as if someone was tearing the place apart.
Horace McGillicutty wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 09/29/2021 1:16 PM
Horace found the pans scattered across the ground, his wire tripped, but there was no sign of the stranger. It seemed that they’d already made their way toward the kitchen area, making a hell of a lot of noise.

“Some sorta animal…?” He muttered to himself before rushing towards the kitchen instead.

“Hey! I asked who’s there!” He called, crossing the threshold into the kitchen area.
Alexis Williams wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 09/29/2021 1:26 PM
Agh. Horace was definitely faster than her and she stopped at where the pans and the wire were on the ground. She felt on edge over whomever it was with them and she hoped that Horace wasn't about to fall into a trap himself.

She tucked the fork into her light blue jeans' light pocket and then she crouched down beside the mess of it all. She picked up one of the pans and she untangled it from the wire, getting back up quickly.

It was better than nothing.

She went to head over to where Horace had went. She needed to catch up with him quickly.
Abel Manning wrote:jillz [abel/harriet i guess idk] — 09/29/2021 1:51 PM
In the kitchen was Abel, his hood drawn up, systemically rummaging through every drawer and cabinet in the kitchen before tossing each and every utensil and cookware he could find onto the floor. His bag was left unzipped on one of the counters near him.

He finally turned towards the threshold, pistol drawn and at the ready. He smirked when he saw who it was, lowering the gun slightly as he started to raid another cabinet.

"Don't mind me, Horse," his tone condescended, hand still tightly wrapped around the pistol, "just window shoppin'."
Horace McGillicutty wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 09/29/2021 2:09 PM
Horace relaxed a bit when Abel finally lowered the gun and started to speak. It was good to know that there was no need to start some fight yet. In fact, this was the most familiar face Horace had encountered so far. However, Abel’s posture and tone seemed rather strange, concerning.

“Uh, hey man. Everything alright there? Looking for anything in particular?” He asked, taking a couple of steps towards the other boy before glancing back in order to reassure Alexis that he had this handled.

“I’m here with Alexis. Remember her?”
Alexis Williams wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 09/29/2021 2:17 PM
Alexis took a few breaths as she stopped jogging and she was now standing slightly behind Horace to the left side of him. She couldn't see the face of their intruder and it seemed like the new arrival was from their school.

"Uh, hi!" She piped in before letting Horace go back to handling it and she noticed the gun, making her grimace a little.
Abel Manning wrote:jillz [abel/harriet i guess idk] — 09/29/2021 2:33 PM
Abel pointed the gun in their direction, his attention otherwise now on the next top cabinet. "Don't come closer."

There went the colanders.

"I'm just looking for food, medicine, that kinda shit, and then I'll be on my way."
Horace McGillicutty wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 09/29/2021 2:37 PM
Horace put his hands up, still holding the bat.

"Woah, man, come on. We're not threatening you or nothing. What's wrong? Somebody after you?" Horace tried to piece out what the hell was up with Abel, what had messed him up so bad. Horace looked around the room anxiously.
Alexis Williams wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 09/29/2021 2:49 PM
Alexis almost felt herself gasping when the guy pointed the gun at them once again and she was unsure of what they could do. It seemed like they couldn't get on this guy's bad side. Not that she wanted to, of course!

She stayed quiet and all she could do was to see what would happen. This situation would have been less scary if the guy didn't have the gun. She wasn't going to do anything stupid as it seemed like he would leave them alone afterwards and it would be a win-win for everyone there.
Abel Manning wrote:jillz [abel/harriet i guess idk] — 09/29/2021 3:03 PM
Abel glanced over a few times, continuing the rampage as Horse and Alexis replied in their own ways.

And then, he slowed down. And stopped. The gun in his hand went lower, and lower, but not quite all the way down.

He chuckled one of those awkward disbelieving chuckles and glanced over, still with that smug grin. "Ty's dead."

He went back to the rampage, maybe with more haste, but perhaps less.
Horace McGillicutty wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 09/30/2021 3:30 PM
Horace froze up for a moment, trying to think over Abel's words, not sure what to say, how to react. Ty was dead? How...? He swallowed and cleared his throat.

"Did... did you see him or something? Out there?" He asked, still trying to process the information. Who the hell would kill Ty?
Alexis Williams wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 09/30/2021 3:37 PM
Alexis felt her eyes widen a little at Abel's words and her mind was a bit of a blur on who Ty was. So people have started killing already and she felt herself grit her teeth a little. Unless....

"Did... Did you kill him?" She asked in a calm tone of voice and she was looking over at Abel with a more serious expression on her face. She just wanted to know. She didn't know if the guy who died had got shot by Abel or not.
Abel Manning wrote:jillz [abel/harriet i guess idk] — 09/30/2021 4:36 PM
"The fuck you think!?" Abel snapped at Alexis. He stared her down and lunged a few steps at her until he stopped himself.

He walked back to his spot, placed the gun onto the metal countertop, and pounded the counter with his fist before leaning over it and burying his face into one of his palms. He grazed over the bandage and the bronzed bloodstains.

"...He's over by the river. Looks like someone fucked him up good with something sharp... Wasn't cold yet by the time I found 'im... Wasn't even cold..."
Horace McGillicutty wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 09/30/2021 8:56 PM
When Abel lunged toward Alexis, Horace felt his body tense, moving the bat to hold it up in between Abel and the girl, but Abel stopped on his own before Horace completed the move. He then watched for a long moment as Abel seemed to break down, putting his face in his hand, bent over the counter.

"Look I-" Horace stopped himself, taking a moment, scratching his chin. "We're all out here, man. Same spot. You alright? Do you need anything? You know I'm good for it."
Alexis Williams wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 10/01/2021 2:43 PM
Alexis almost reacted by smashed the pan in Abel's face when he tried to come at her and she felt her heart quickening when he actually stopped. She almost felt like telling him off for acting like a lunatic, but then she saw how he was acting afterwards and then she felt bad for even asking this question.

"I'm sorry. That was insensitive of me to ask." She admitted, shifting on her feet awkwardly. "I'm sorry about your friend."
Abel Manning wrote:jillz [abel/harriet i guess idk] — 10/03/2021 1:06 PM
Abel didn't reply to either of them. He just stayed against the counter and kept mumbling half words to himself.
Horace McGillicutty wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 10/03/2021 3:13 PM
"I... uh...." Horace started to speak up after a moment, though he wasn't really sure what to say. He glanced back at Alexis before letting out a sigh and returning his gaze to Abel.

"Well, if you want to stick around, you're welcome to. We're just camping out here."
Alexis Williams wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 10/03/2021 3:22 PM
Alexis was feeling unsure about letting Abel stay with them, but he was Horace's friend and she didn't want to make Horace upset about her wanting to not have Abel around. Or the gun. The gun was another issue that she had a problem with. But for now, she was going to try to make things more welcoming for Abel at the time-being.

She took a step forward and she gave Abel a friendly smile. "Yeah, it's a lot safer here than out there. We're making sure that we can survive all of this and to keep out anyone that is dangerous."
Abel Manning wrote:jillz [abel/harriet i guess idk] — 10/03/2021 4:08 PM
Abel snapped again, yelling another "Stay back!" at Alexis after she stepped forward. He snatched the pistol off the counter and held it tight in his left hand.

His whole body shook like he was a scared dog. "Can't... can't trust anyone..."
Horace McGillicutty wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 10/03/2021 4:10 PM
"Woah, woah! Hey man! What the hell?" Horace put his hands up quickly, trying to move closer.

"Abel, come on, man. Alexis isn't gonna do anything here. We've gotta just cool down, right?"
Alexis Williams wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 10/03/2021 4:25 PM
Alexis' eyes widen and she raised her hands up on instinct, the pan was still in her right hand. God, this guy was really that paranoid?

"Well, I don't trust you. So I guess we're even." She said honestly with a frown on her face.
Abel Manning wrote:jillz [abel/harriet i guess idk] — 10/03/2021 4:53 PM
Abel stared down at Alexis, his brow furrowed as he snorted out breaths of hot air.

He gritted his teeth.

He fired the gun.
Alexis Williams wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 10/03/2021 4:59 PM
Alexis felt the bullet piercing into her stomach and the force of it make her half-slip, half-fall backwards. The pan flew out of her hand and it clattered towards Horace's feet.

She landed on her back and she gasped with a gasp breathe of pain.

He really shot her. Oh god, oh god, oh god...!
Horace McGillicutty wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 10/03/2021 5:15 PM
The world seemed to slow down in a moment. He had almost reached Abel, to calm his friend down, only for the gun to go off. He jumped, a moment of shock.

Then Alexis fell to the ground and Horace panicked, acting on some mix between horror and rage.

Letting out some sort of shout, he swung the bat forward at Abel, gripping the base with both hands
Abel Manning wrote:jillz [abel/harriet i guess idk] — 10/03/2021 5:27 PM
Abel barely dodged out of the way as the bat slammed into the counter.

His feet shuffled among the pots and pans scattered on the floor as he rushed for his bag.
Horace McGillicutty wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 10/03/2021 5:30 PM
Horace stumbled for a moment when his bat connected with the counter, but he kept his balance, pivoting to keep his face to Abel, heart pounding in his chest.

"G-Get the fuck out!" He howled, rushing forward and swinging the bat again
Alexis Williams wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 10/03/2021 5:37 PM
Alexis was writhing in pain and she touched her stomach, wincing in more agony and her hands were not sticky with her blood.

"H....Horace...?" She blinked in confusion. Were they.... fighting right now?
Abel Manning wrote:jillz [abel/harriet i guess idk] — 10/03/2021 5:41 PM
(( Abel didn't look back as he snatched his bag and left. ))
Horace McGillicutty wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 10/03/2021 5:51 PM
Horace chased Abel a bit, but soon enough the boy was well and truly gone, vanishing into the forest. Then he heard Alexis's voice.

"A-Alexis!" He ran back to her, finding the girl on the ground, bleeding from Abel's shot. He quickly knelt down beside her grabbing his nearby bag, trying to find some sort of medkit.

"I'm... I'm gonna do something! W-We're gonna be fine!" He tried to reassure her while he rifled through the supplies they'd been given.
Alexis Williams wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 10/03/2021 5:59 PM
Alexis heard his panicking voice and her breathing was a bit of a struggle for her as she could taste a bit of metallic blood raising up in her throat. She was definitely dying and she guessed that Abel had hit her in a vital area.

I shouldn't have said that to Abel. God, how stupid of me to do that.

"H....Horace.... It's okay." She lied with a small smile on her face, her eyes were watering and she felt terrible for Horace having to witness her getting shot by a friend. "I.... shouldn't have said that to Abel...."
Horace McGillicutty wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 10/03/2021 6:07 PM
"He shouldn't have fucking shot you. Fucking...." He trailed off, seeing Alexis's eyes, how she was starting to cry. Horace felt his hands shaking and he quickly took her bloody hand in his.

"Y-You... we're partners, right? We're supposed to be... I can't just let you..." He tried to think of something to say, something meaningful as he gripped her hand ever tighter, throat tightening, but nothing would seem to come to him.

Fuck, he was gonna start crying too.
Alexis Williams wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 10/03/2021 6:18 PM
Alexis let her tears run down her face and she knew that she should be more mad at Abel for shooting her. But in a way, she couldn't blame him for how paranoid and distrustful everyone would be feeling here. Having only one person survive... That was something scary to think about.

She found herself squeezing Horace's own hand as if she wanted to comfort him more than herself and she closed her eyes a bit tightly. Letting out some wheezing breathes for a few seconds.

"I'm.... gonna have to tag out on you, H....Horace." She let out a pained, small chuckle as she attempted a wrestling joke for him. It was a terrible one, but better than nothing. "Can.... Can you find Tad for me and tell him that I'm sorry for leaving him all alone here? He.... He's... He's not going to-"

She coughed and blood dripped down her chin, making her groan softly.
Horace McGillicutty wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 10/03/2021 6:24 PM
Horace winced a bit at the bad joke, making light of the idea that she'd be dying. He quickly shook his head.

"I- I'll tell him, but- Alexis, I won't have to tell him because you're going to-!" He started, only to see the blood dripping down her chin. He shivered.

"Alexis. Please..."
Alexis Williams wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 10/03/2021 6:30 PM
".....I'm sorry...." She whispered softly. "Horace. K-Keep yourself safe..."

I'm scared, I'm scared I'm scar-

Her bloody hand went into a limp state in Horace's hand as her breathing suddenly stopped.

((Alexis Williams - Deceased))
Horace McGillicutty wrote:Catche | Brody, Horace — 10/03/2021 6:59 PM
"I- Alexis I-" But she was gone already.

Horace released Alexis's hand as the life seemed to leave her, falling back onto his ass as he stared at her lifeless form. He felt like he sat there for a long while, unable to move as he stared at the dead girl before him, who he'd planned to fortify this mansion with, plans that seemed so foolish in retrospect.

Gritting his teeth, Horace slowly rose to his feet, picking up his bag along the day. Whatever else, he knew that he couldn't stay here any longer.

"I promise, Alexis. I-I promise I'll find Tad. And... and we'll find some way out."

((Horace McGilligutty continued elsewhere...))

[+] Miss Piggys Lipstick
Whitney Avery Tyler wrote:we should hug! | Whitney, Ava — 10/05/2021 2:57 AM
Name: Miss Piggy's Lipstick
Time: Early Evening of Day One
Whitney Avery Tyler wrote:we should hug! | Whitney, Ava — 10/05/2021 2:58 AM
This was what, corpse number five? Number 2 that she hadn't made herself?

That was probably concerning, but hey, she wasn't about to turn down shelter.

[[And she hadn't broken her fingers.]]

The girl was blonde, hair in a ponytail, and wearing some fancy looking clothes. Bloody, seemed like a gut wound. Not much damage overall, maybe shot? Blood on her back too-definitely shot.

She didn't know her. She didn't know a lot of people here, apparently.

She didn't disturb her. Didn't move her around, anyway. A part of her was tempted to do something for her. She hadn't done anything for the others-not for Tyler, not for the blood and mud girl, not for the sandy boy, and not for Marty-but there wasn't much she could've done for them, really. They had been at rivers and in swamps and at beaches. She was in a house. A mansion, really.

The least she could do was find a blanket for the girl.

So instead of rifling thru cupboards in the kitchen with a corpse in plain view, she rifled thru cupboards in the kitchen while a blanket was the only barrier between a corpse and the rest of the world.

Totally an improvement.
Theodora "Theo" Reed wrote:Yona || Ahn/Theo — 10/06/2021 9:53 PM
"Kind of morbid, isn't it?"

Surprising how easy it was to get used to the body. When Theo first got on this godforsaken island, she'd puked from the stress and didn't move for three hours.

Now she was here to find a tin of peaches or a cigarette, and she didn't even mind the corpse.

She didn't give her name, nor did she announce her presence beyond stating the obvious- both of these options would be too humanizing.
Whitney Avery Tyler wrote:we should hug! | Whitney, Ava — 10/06/2021 10:02 PM
She probably should've jumped at any sort of sound. Should've been nervous, at the very least.

Instead she just felt some relief over the fact that her first response to a voice hadn't been raising her new weapon in a threatening manner.

She turned her head to the girl and left the question hanging in the air for a moment.

"Yeah, probably."

She sighed.

"Not much we can do about it though, unless you wanna help me move her."
Theodora "Theo" Reed wrote:Yona || Ahn/Theo — 10/06/2021 10:08 PM
"If you need help, sure."

If she's staying here, she wouldn't let even a single fly in. But she had this girl, here, and that meant accommodations. Thank goodness she had as much common sense as Theo. Now, what'll she do with this? It was as much of an eyesore as it was a genuine health hazard.

The scythe dragged behind her as she walked, scraping against the floor with a grinding sound that made her wince. She set it against the wall with an apologetic look plastered on her face, the bladed, heavy side pointing at the ground.

"Sorry about the weapon." She said. "But it's not like I can just hide it. Do we dump this... corpse just outside, or somewhere further?"
Whitney Avery Tyler wrote:we should hug! | Whitney, Ava — 10/06/2021 10:35 PM
She wasn't sure what was more surprising-the fact that the other girl was being serious, or that some actually useful weapons were here and it wasn't just a bunch of random objects the people behind this found in a storage locker.

Regardless, the girl seemed friendly, she felt like she had spilled enough blood in one day, she just wanted to have a nice place to sleep for the night, and having a corpse rotting away in the kitchen just felt uncomfortable.

"Uh, alright, just-just let me think for a sec..."

Moving the fancy girl farther away outside would maybe be benefitial, depending on how quickly she began to rot and how badly she would smell, but it felt a bit...rude, too. The fancy girl probably would've prefered staying in the mansion, considering it's general quality.

Just outside was probably for the best. Not too far and not too close. Give Goldilocks that just right area she would want.

"I can grab the shoulders and stuff if you get her by the feet. Not too far. Best to stay close to this place at this point.

"And don't worry. I get it."

She held up the 2x4 a little bit higher.

"Kinda hard to hide things like this."
Theodora "Theo" Reed wrote:Yona || Ahn/Theo — 10/07/2021 4:36 PM
"Mm-hm."

She grabbed the girl by the feet. Those are some nice shoes, actually. Real comfortable, kind of a shame that the owner's dead.

"Wonder who has a gun."
Whitney Avery Tyler wrote:we should hug! | Whitney, Ava — 10/07/2021 4:44 PM
Getting right to it, apparently. Fine with her.

She stuck the 2x4 in her bag, singular. It stuck out a little bit-a lot a bit, actually-but it stayed in place. Better than nothing.

"No idea," she said, lifting up the fancy girl by the shoulders. "Let's just hope we never meet them.

"Gonna start walking to the door now."

The steps were careful, making sure the other girl was following her movements.
Theodora "Theo" Reed wrote:Yona || Ahn/Theo — 10/07/2021 9:08 PM
"Eh, I mean..."

Probably not the best time to sound manipulative, actually,

"Nevermind. Yeah, don't fuck with guns."

She followed the girl's every step, careful to avoid bumping into furniture. Which, from experience helping dad carry couches around when they got tired of the arrangements (every six months, damn them, her ankles had banged on so many corners in her life-) was sort of difficult, but, uh, hey, at least this one's smaller. And squishier. And also a dead body, but let's not think about that...
Whitney Avery Tyler wrote:we should hug! | Whitney, Ava — 10/07/2021 9:21 PM
She could see the logic in wanting to find someone with a gun. Guns would probably be one of the better things to have in a place like this, but the problem? Whoever did this wasn't afraid of using the gun they had, and when someone was willing to start shooting people, running into them unprepared was just going to help you join people like the fancy girl.

And so she didn't blame the other girl for her thought process. She just kept walking.

She had felt like leaving the door open before might not have been the best idea before, but it was the best thing she thought to do with the fancy girl at the time-let the fresh air enter and the gross air leave-and now it just felt all the more validating, not having to twist her limbs all around just to open a door.

Instead, she just walked out the door and stepped into the flower garden.

"Just a little bit more would be good, I think."
Theodora "Theo" Reed wrote:Yona || Ahn/Theo — 10/07/2021 9:26 PM
"So, around here? The garden?"

If they're bunkering down in the mansion, then they'll probably only use the upper floors. Or close the windows. And every time they step out, It'll be here to rot.

On the other hand, it's a good reminder of the fact that everyone was going to die. Except for... preferably Theo herself, actually. But that doesn't matter. The girl next to her seems nice. She hadn't asked for her name, yet. Neither of them did- she liked that.

"Hopefully we won't have to dig a grave and bury her, right?"
Whitney Avery Tyler wrote:we should hug! | Whitney, Ava — 10/07/2021 9:34 PM
"Yeah, seems good.

"And unless you've got a shovel in that bag too, I don't plan to, no."

She hadn't seen blood on the other girl's scythe, so she was pretty sure she was safe in that regard.

The body placement may not have been much, but hey, if she had the choice of being left to rot on a kitchen floor or at least helping some flowers grow, she'd certainly prefer the latter.

A few more steps was all it took to find a good spot.

"Alright, here." She said, gently placing the fancy girl back on the ground, next to a bundle of flowers.

She didn't know what flowers they were. But they were red enough to match the fancy girl's jacket, so she just thought it was fitting.
Theodora "Theo" Reed wrote:Yona || Ahn/Theo — 10/07/2021 11:54 PM
''Wonder who used to live here...

''Sorry. Just got sentimental.''
Ingrid Wilde wrote:almostinhuman | Monica, Douglas — 10/08/2021 4:38 PM
((Ingrid Wilde continued from "we live forever and we love to live"))

Bad news: You're on a murder island. You don't have a real weapon. You didn't get to finish that cigarette. You just met a weird dude who's probably stalking you now or something.

Good news: There's a creepy old mansion here to hide out in. Hopefully creepy enough that no one else wants to rummage around.

That'd been Ingrid's thought process when she saw the mansion labeled on the map, anyway. It had seemed as good a place as any to head for, given how close it was. After her brush with that creepy guy, she was willing to deal with whatever eerie Victorian shit it had to offer.

What she hadn't expected to see on arrival two more girls carrying a dead body through the front garden.

God dammit!

She shuffled behind a tree. She wasn't sure if they'd actually killed whoever they were carting around, but bumping into anyone else out here was bad news. Hopefully they didn't see her, so they would go back inside and she could slink away.
Whitney Avery Tyler wrote:we should hug! | Whitney, Ava — 10/08/2021 4:47 PM
"Honestly, they're probably..."

She didn't let herself finish. They were already leaving the dead fancy girl outside, there was no need to bring up whether or not the mansion owners were in a shallow grave elsewhere on the island.

Especially when they had company.

It was out of the corner of her eye. If the person hadn't moved so suddenly, she probably wouldn't have noticed-but sudden movement caught attention easily, and that left her staring at the tree that she was sure a person had hid behind.

"I think we've got some company."
Theodora "Theo" Reed wrote:Yona || Ahn/Theo — 10/09/2021 6:01 PM
"Hey, you think they've got a gun?"

She frowned.

"We should let them know we know where they are. Well, I mean... you do, anyways. I dunno."
Whitney Avery Tyler wrote:we should hug! | Whitney, Ava — 10/11/2021 3:13 AM
"Hard to say."

And it really was. On one hand, they may be armed, but with only joke weapons or close combat weapons, so they couldn't shoot. On the other hand, they could have a gun, but they've decided to be a pacifist or something. At the very least she could tell they weren't immediately dangerous-mowing the both of them down before either got a chance to see them.

The other girl spoke more, and she had a point. Standing and staring would just get awkward and uncomfortable, especially with the idea of just pretending the other person wasn't there, and the paranoia of them potentially following the two of them when they weren't looking. It was best to just get things overwith at this point.

She cleared her throat a little bit before speaking louder, enough that tree person should've been able to hear.

"Uh, whoever you are? We, uh. We know you're there."

Smooth as sandpaper.
Ingrid Wilde wrote:almostinhuman | Monica, Douglas — 10/11/2021 12:12 PM
Well, fuck. They weren't just going away. Quite the opposite; they wanted her out of hiding.

Still, from the muttering she'd caught earlier, they probably weren't armed themselves, at least not with guns. Honestly, they didn't seem vicious enough to kill that girl. It was probably safe to come out. At the very least, she could book it if they tried anything.

She dug the cigarettes out of her pocket, along with the lighter, before stepping back out into view, both items clearly in hand.

"I'm not armed, if that's your big concern."
Theodora "Theo" Reed wrote:Yona || Ahn/Theo — 10/11/2021 3:26 PM
''Alright, sure.''

Theo established eye contact.

''Do you want to stay here, or...? I mean, we did find a corpse here. So maybe it isn't the safest spot.'

She wished she had her weapon, now. Not to hurt the girl, but at least it'll make her feel safer.
Whitney Avery Tyler wrote:we should hug! | Whitney, Ava — 10/11/2021 9:20 PM
She was starting to think they had put only one or two actual weapons on this island and everyone else just got the first things some people could grab. Cigarettes and a lighter? Really? if this turned out to be one psycho pulling a bluff with some of the bigger things, she would tear the fucker’s eyes out.

But she couldn’t do that. Not now anyway. Right now there was cigarette girl and scythe girl and a potential safe space to sleep tonight, and at this point she just wanted to get some rest before the next day of this Hell came.

“She was the only corpse here, if it means anything.”

No one else had died there.

Yet.
Ingrid Wilde wrote:almostinhuman | Monica, Douglas — 10/12/2021 1:47 PM
Oh, only ONE corpse? Practically heaven on Earth!

Still, they weren't hostile and they were offering shelter, however crappy. Best to be a gracious guest, or whatever she could muster that'd pass for that.

"... I'll stick around, I guess. Probably worse places to be out here."

She crammed her "weapons" back in their pocket.

"Oh, uh, I bumped into a weird dude out here. Kinda creepy, had a gun. Maybe a thing to look out for, if we don't wanna haunt this shithole forever."
Theodora "Theo" Reed wrote:Yona || Ahn/Theo — 10/15/2021 10:10 PM
"Sure, feel free."

Must they have casual conversation? Couldn't they all understand that this is a life or death, kill or be killed situation? There has to be some degree of seriousness and urgency involved. Theo was tired of this game.

"Who's the guy?"

(And how do we get rid of him?)
Whitney Avery Tyler wrote:we should hug! | Whitney, Ava — 10/16/2021 4:50 PM
She only nods at the proposal. Cigarette girl wasn't going to be a danger. She seemed more focused on getting a place to sleep than starting a fight. She could relate.

The latter comment got her eyes a bit wider, though, and she looked back at the fancy girl's corpse. To the bloody, bloody gut wound.

"Someone we should stay away from." She wasn't the person scythe girl was questioning, but she answered anyway. "He might've already killed someone."

Competition
Ingrid Wilde wrote:almostinhuman | Monica, Douglas — 10/16/2021 7:24 PM
"... honestly, he was kinda familiar, but I don't know his name." She shrugged. "Adam, maybe? I think it started with an 'A'."

She didn't care what the loser's name was, and she certainly didn't want an opportunity to find out. Hopefully he'd get he wasn't fucking wanted and he'd stay gone.

"So, uh... thanks, I guess? For letting me stay, not killin' me, all that."
Theodora "Theo" Reed wrote:Yona || Ahn/Theo — 10/16/2021 8:17 PM
''Low standards.''

Huh.

Theo looked at the girls around her, frowned, and wondered how many people they'll kill together. Or have killed. Or who'd be the first to go.

If she stabbed them in the back, then...

No. Too early. And scummy. She didn't want to be scummy.
Whitney Avery Tyler wrote:we should hug! | Whitney, Ava — 10/17/2021 2:38 PM
A name came to mind. An A name. She hoped she was wrong. She and Tyler had been best friends, but he had others too. She didn't want to think about what Abel would do if he had a gun and found out about everything.

A later time. She needed to focus on the now, not the 'what if's.

She nodded to the girl, already taking steps back to the door to the mansion.

"No problem."

It was a little awkward to take steps sideways, but doable. She felt like a crab.

She didn't think they would try to kill her-not yet, at the very least-but that still didn't mean she trusted them enough to turn her back on them.

Another thought came to her head, and it left her mouth before she could think too hard about it.

"You guys can have first dibs on the beds. I don't really care where I sleep."
Ingrid Wilde wrote:almostinhuman | Monica, Douglas — 10/17/2021 11:26 PM
"Oh, sweet. Don't have to settle for the floor."

She followed the other girls to the door, watching as one of them walked like a total moron, all to keep an eye on her. There was definitely an edge of unease in the air, she could tell. But there was gonna be an edge of that anywhere around here, really. These gals were just uneasy enough for Ingrid to handle, and they were actively helping her out despite it. So whatever, she could put up with a sliver of mistrust.

And hey, if worst came to worst, she could probably take one of them. Long as they didn't buddy up, she'd be good.

On the way up she fished the lighter and cigs out again, lighting one. She'd better get to finish this one, goddammit.
Theodora "Theo" Reed wrote:Yona || Ahn/Theo — 10/20/2021 2:22 PM
''You smoke?''

She looked at the bed. It smelled weird. Like it usually did, when you're at someone else's home, except with a lot more blood.

She wondered who lived here before.
Whitney Avery Tyler wrote:we should hug! | Whitney, Ava — 10/22/2021 2:19 PM
Cigarette girl was also funny. Or was trying to be, anyways. Something to ease the tension, and that wasn't such a bad thing in her opinion.

Scythe girl asked a question, and it seemed kinda redundent considering Cigarette girl was clearly living up to her nickname-what else was she going to do with a lit cigarette? Try to start a fire?

"Try to be careful with that," She said. "Don't mind, but it would bad if something caught fire in here."
Ingrid Wilde wrote:almostinhuman | Monica, Douglas — 10/22/2021 2:58 PM
"Mhm." That was the best response she could manage, at least with this crap in her mouth. But hey, no real complaints, inane question aside.

Looking around inside was a bit of a surprise. Ingrid had figured this place would be old and run down, but it seemed not only pretty modern, but barely even lived in. Probably more so than anything else on the island, if she had to guess.

"Damn, y'all live like this? Nice."
Theodora "Theo" Reed wrote:Yona || Ahn/Theo — 10/24/2021 8:34 AM
''You think people who lived here did... this? Or was it taken over...''

Theo looked at the girl with the cigarettes and tried to hide her disgust.

The smell of it was familiar, really, her family had a lot of smokers. Even now she couldn't escape it.
Whitney Avery Tyler wrote:we should hug! | Whitney, Ava — 10/24/2021 11:49 AM
She shrugged. It was her answer for both questions. The quality of the building wasn't as important to her, and the history of what happened here in the past even less so. A place to sleep was a place to sleep, and that was good enough for her.

And at this point, she was not about to be picky.

"I think I'm gonna grab a blanket and a pillow and head to the bathroom," she said. "Sleep in the bathtub for tonight."

She didn't wait for a response from either of them. She knew where the bathroom was. Knew which closet had blankets-and had pillows too.

She was getting her god damn beauty sleep tonight.

[[And Miss Piggy left the two to their own devices.]]
Ingrid Wilde wrote:almostinhuman | Monica, Douglas — 10/25/2021 6:15 PM
"Have fun, I guess."

She couldn't imagine anything that sounded less fun. But that was her problem, not Ingrid's.

"I'm gonna poke around. See if these assholes left any cool shit behind."

She was up the stairs and out of sight in a second.

((Ingrid Wilde continued elsewhere))
Theodora "Theo" Reed wrote:Yona || Ahn/Theo — 10/25/2021 6:16 PM
"Same. Hope there's, like, a shovel or something. I want to at least bury the bodies that'll pile up."

(Ugh, god, she's not going to sleep tonight isn't she?)

[+] What I Know Now
Whitney Avery Tyler wrote:we should hug! | Whitney, Ava — 10/25/2021 6:36 PM
Name: What I Know Now
Time: Night 1, Shortly After The First Announcement
Whitney Avery Tyler wrote:we should hug! | Whitney, Ava — 10/25/2021 6:37 PM
The mud and blood girl had been Chloe.

The boy on the beach had been Bob.

The fancy girl had been Alexis.

The boy that would try to shoot her for revenge was Abel.

The girl with darts, lollipops, a stress ball and a two by four could no longer be Whitney.

[+] Ill Believe Your Lies
Cosima Love wrote:Laurels | Flora — 10/26/2021 4:01 PM
Name: I'll Believe Your Lies
Time: Night 1
Cosima Love wrote:Laurels | Flora — 10/26/2021 4:04 PM
((Cosima Love continued from Searching))

Cosima slumped against the outer wall of the mansion. She was out of breath, red faced, and her legs felt wobbly. She coughed into her elbow, but then ignored the condition to be courteous and spit onto the ground.

"Fuck..." she said. "Now is when I needed to work on cardio."

Cosima stretched a bit, still trying to get her heartrate down to normal. She had been running since she left the Factory. It didn't look like either of those boys were nearby, so she must have slipped away.

Now she was at this house. There was a good chance people would be here since it was a manmade structure and the sun was set, but she could take that risk.
Cosima slinked her way over the door and pushed her way in. All she needed to do was find a corner room without windows, and she could barricade herself in for the night. Not like she had much else to do here, not while she was still unarmed.
Ingrid Wilde wrote:almostinhuman | Monica, Douglas — 10/27/2021 3:16 PM
((Ingrid Wilde continued from Miss Piggys Lipstick))

It hadn't taken long for Ingrid to find the wine cellar.

It was in a bit of a state, as if it'd been raided, but by the laziest cops ever or something. The front racks were mostly empty, and smashed wine bottles were all over the floor, but most of the booze was still tucked neatly in place. And there was a lot of it; whoever owned this place was definitely the pretentious type who thought super old grape juice was more "refined" or whatever than the cheap shit off the shelves of the liquor store. Like booze tasting good even mattered at all. It had one purpose, far as she was concerned; to fuck you up.

And without a doubt, Ingrid was fucked up.

She was semiconscious at the kitchen table, head down, obscured by a dozen different wine bottles all over the tabletop; some empty, some unopened. The sound of an outside door opening barely even registered to her. If some asshole wanted to kill her while she was blitzed to fuck, well, at least she'd be feelin' fine on the way out.
Hearne Fischer wrote:Nigel Sullivan | Ahn Phan Phuc — 10/27/2021 3:48 PM
The sound of motion from outside the building.
Whitney Avery Tyler wrote:we should hug! | Whitney, Ava — 10/27/2021 4:15 PM
[[She knew a lot now]]

She knew she had gotten some sleep, at least a couple hours worth, even if she couldn't say how many hours exactly.

She knew it was smart to not say her name here, otherwise the other two would've definitely been afraid of her, if not tried to kill her.

She knew that staying in the shadows was wise, it made it harder for others to recognize her, let alone she was there.

She knew not to stop the smaller girl from getting her fill of wine, she didn't plan on killing her in her impaired state, but trying to stop her would've just caused friction she didn't need, best to just leave her.

She knew it was best to stay in her spot, shadows swallowing her into obscurity, watching the goings on in the mansion's kitchen.

She knew they were not the only ones here, but figured the rats weren't hurting anyone, and could be easily ignored.
Hearne Fischer wrote:Nigel Sullivan | Ahn Phan Phuc — 10/27/2021 4:46 PM
The slam of a door.
The screech of grinding metal.
Ingrid Wilde wrote:almostinhuman | Monica, Douglas — 10/27/2021 5:05 PM
She looked up, blearily. Her visitor was just one of the girls from earlier today.

"How long ya gonna lurk there like some weird pervert?" She slurred, clumsily rising. "Not like I'm that hot or an-"

In her drunken efforts to get off the table, she pushed several of the wine bottles over, sending them crashing to the floor and creating a massive puddle of wine and broken glass.

"... shit."

An awkward pause.

"I'm gonna get s'more. We're gonna... gonna have a good time, you and I."

She headed for the basement without waiting for an answer.

((Ingrid Wilde continued in Casks, Amontillado, etc.))
Cosima Love wrote:Laurels | Flora — 10/27/2021 5:25 PM
Cosima entered the house and slowly slinked around. She wasn't sure where to go, but she hoped the large curtain she was wearing would let her blend in with the background. It was fairly dark, so hopefully she could blend in with the shadows. Cosima had always preferred blending in with the shadows anyways.

After slipping in, she had heard some crashing sounds. Cosima looked around. She appeared to be in some back kitchen. She slowly stepped into the nearby pantry. Surely she could find something useful.
Whitney Avery Tyler wrote:we should hug! | Whitney, Ava — 10/27/2021 8:27 PM
...okay, so she wasn't the ninja her brain was making herself out to be. Sue her.

For a second she was expecting pick-up lines-it wouldn't have been the first time someone tried to pull one on her-but fragile glass seemed to become her savior as the wine bottle shattered and created it's own little universe, each shard a star in the darkness that was to become a future wine stain.

She didn't speak, just let herself be spoken to. She wasn't sure about drinking, but...Hell, maybe taking some edge off would be helpful. Worst comes to worst, she'd heard of some tricks to deal with hangovers in the past. She could handle it.

She chose to stand and wait rather than sit. It probably wouldn't take long for Cigarette girl to grab a bottle. And with the state she was in, she might have to keep her from falling on her face. Should she have gone with her, make sure she didn't fall down the stairs and break a leg? Maybe she should have gone with her. She should turn-

There was someone else. A girl. She just walked right in. Couldn't tell who specifically, but definitely a girl. She took a step.

"H-hey-"

She barely got the word out before noise. Crashing. Yelling. From the basement.

Cigarette girl broke her fucking neck, didn't she.

Or it was something else.

The two by four was in her hands. Her best weapon at this point.

She hoped she wouldn't need it, as she went to the door to the basement.
Hearne Fischer wrote:Nigel Sullivan | Ahn Phan Phuc — 10/27/2021 8:37 PM
Wild, cold gray eyes, unforgiving, stared at the entrance.

Scattered stains of blood spread like buckshot. Gray suit jacket threads seeped red.

His hands were on a long garden stake, held like a spear, sharp to a tack.

Her corpse dangled on a rope tied around her foot and danced silently from the rafters.

Silent.
Whitney Avery Tyler wrote:we should hug! | Whitney, Ava — 10/28/2021 1:15 AM

What

And she could not stress this enough

THE FUCK
She did not scream. Now was not the time for anger. It was time for action.

The stairs were taken three at a time in her rush to those eyes. The wooden plank raised and ready to come down and cave in a skull.

Micheal wanted to play? Fine by her.

Pamela was always the better killer.
Theodora "Theo" Reed wrote:Yona || Ahn/Theo — 10/30/2021 9:53 AM
The girl stirred.

She did not wake up.
Cosima Love wrote:Laurels | Flora — 10/31/2021 10:25 AM
Cosima kept her back to the pantry door to make a 123 pound shield. She glanced around. There wasn’t a lot in the pantry that could instantly kill someone.

However, she did spot some cans on the shelves. Probably expired, nasty food. However, she did get an idea.

Cosima removed the blackout curtain poncho and bunched it up so it could make a sack, keeping the hole out of the way. She began to fill the poncho up like she was Santa, before tying it off with some butchers twine.

When she was done, she now had a heavy sack of cans she could surely use as a blunt instrument. It was still light enough for her to carry, so hopefully it’d be able to do damage to heads.

But she did pocket the rest of the butchers twine as well. It could come in handy.
Hearne Fischer wrote:Nigel Sullivan | Ahn Phan Phuc — 11/02/2021 6:46 PM
His eyes darted from her center of mass to her head, to her hands.

She raised the plank, and he raised his stake to block.

The wood slammed into sharpened metal, chipped and splintered.

His hands started to buckle, shake, weaken.

He raised his leg, aimed it at her chest.

He kicked as hard as he could.
Cosima Love wrote:Laurels | Flora — 11/12/2021 4:23 PM
Cosima heard some noise outside.

"Yeah, nevermind. Let's go."

Cosima burst out the pantry door, armed with her sack of cans, then bolted out the mansion. It was clear there was some fighting going around, and it was probably best for Cosima to bounce.

((Cosima Love continued elsewhere))
Theodora "Theo" Reed wrote:Yona || Ahn/Theo — 11/13/2021 8:42 AM
The girl woke up.

She didn't move a muscle, though.

It wasn't her battle to fight.
Whitney Avery Tyler wrote:DerArknight — 12/04/2021 8:04 AM
((Taking over Whitney from now on))

With what felt like an ear-piercing sound, her plank crashed against whatever weapon the boy was holding and broke cleanly in two.

It didn't matter. Because the half she was still holding continued its arc and scratched alongside the boy's chest, drawing blood.

Then a foot buried itself into her stomach.

She was sent flying to the stairs she had just descended. Her back burned, but she forced herself to move. Any second of hesitation could kill her.

Her haste was rewarded with the sight of the boy's back disappearing into the darkness of the basement.

Shit!

She stumbled back onto her feet, still holding onto her now halved plank. For a moment, she considered pursuing him, but the pain where the kick had landed told her otherwise. She would have to retreat.

For now.

((Whitney Avery Tyler continued in Samhain))
Theodora "Theo" Reed wrote:Yona || Ahn/Theo — 12/04/2021 9:04 AM
Theo walked down the stairs. She looked at the blood. She looked at the corpse.

Other than the sound of her own scream, the entire place was silent.

((...Where did everyone go?))
Hearne Fischer wrote:Nigel Sullivan | Ahn Phan Phuc — 12/12/2021 3:08 PM
The weapons shook, but the wood broke first.

The distinctive crack of timber rang out.

As his leg connected, he felt a sharp pain in his chest, then the slight warmth of a viscous substance.

She'd drawn blood.

His blood.

His blood.

His blood.

His kick sent her reeling to the stairwell.

He turned, bestial fear in his eyes, and hid in the darkness.

[+] Casks, Amontillado, etc.
Ingrid Wilde wrote:almostinhuman | Monica, Douglas — 10/27/2021 5:18 PM
Name: Casks, Amontillado, etc.
Ingrid Wilde wrote:almostinhuman | Monica, Douglas — 10/27/2021 5:18 PM
((Ingrid Wilde continued from I Will Believe Your Lies))

Well, she made it to the basement without tripping down the stairs. Thank fuck. That'd be an embarrassing way to go, and apparently they were broadcasting that shit.

The cellar was harder to navigate in the night. It was already dim, and what little outdoor lighting it had was completely gone. If it wasn't for just how much wine there was, and how unpicky she was, it'd be hard to find what she wanted. It was hard to see much of anything down here

She certainly didn't see the snare lurking on the floor, as she stepped right into it.

She was dangling from the ceiling now, upside down, hanging from her right leg. She nearly vomited from the sudden vertigo.

"The... the fuck?!"

She thrashed, furious.

"Wha- WHAT FUCKING CUNT DICKSHIT DID THI-"

She didn't have time to finish that thought. That fucking cunt dickshit struck from behind, unseen. Excruciating pain exploded through her back.

Without a word, she flailed wildly, feebly, before coming to a stop.

At least she hadn't tripped down the stairs.

((Ingrid Wilde deceased))

[+] Strike
Hearne Fischer wrote:Nigel Sullivan | Ahn Phan Phuc — 10/27/2021 5:19 PM
Name: Strike
Hearne Fischer wrote:Nigel Sullivan | Ahn Phan Phuc — 10/27/2021 5:20 PM
The snap of a rope.

He was alerted by the noise and tested the point of the stake on his finger.

A drop of blood ran down his left index finger and then dripped onto the cold floor.

The shadow of a hunter loomed over a snared prey, an insect caught in the web of a spider.

Strike.

[+] Snare
Hearne Fischer wrote:Nigel Sullivan | Ahn Phan Phuc — 10/27/2021 8:19 PM
Name: Snare
Hearne Fischer wrote:Nigel Sullivan | Ahn Phan Phuc — 10/27/2021 8:19 PM
He wiped the fresh, still-warm blood from the stake with a rag. He was one step closer. Step over the bodies to climb to the top.

No time for morality.

It's survival, now.

Kill or be killed.

He set more snares, more traps. You can never be too cautious.

Everybody wants you dead.

Anything for survival, now.

Keep on going, keep on living.

No matter what you have to do.

[+] Samhain
Whitney Avery Tyler wrote:DerArknight — 12/12/2021 3:18 PM
Name: Samhain
Time: Day 2
Whitney Avery Tyler wrote:DerArknight — 12/12/2021 3:50 PM
((Whitney Avery Tyler continued from I'll Believe Your Lies))

Hours later, the pain was gone, and the girl had returned to finish what she started.

Speaking logically, there was no reason to pick this fight. But nothing on this island was ever logical. And so far, her journey had always resulted in the same way. At this point, the girl felt herself stuck on a bloody railroad, and right now it was taking her back to the basement.

Her trusty wooden plank was still with her. She had spent some of the hours sharpening it into some sort of spear.

She barely remembered the announcement. The only details that stuck out were the she wasn't on them and that the mansion had not become a Danger Zone.

That was all she wanted to know right now.
Hearne Fischer wrote:Nigel Sullivan | Ahn Phan Phuc — 01/21/2022 6:28 PM
Something awaited in the darkness.

A beam of light passed across the basement floor.

It illuminated the metal spike, then the liquid-filled bottles, then his eyes.

They danced like gray fire.
Whitney Avery Tyler wrote:DerArknight — 01/22/2022 4:38 PM
The girl saw the small light at the end of the hallway. She even heard some pained breathing. And she saw a rope running about twenty centimeters above the ground, in perfect position to stumble over it.

Wanting him to know she wouldn't end up like Cigarette Girl, she made sure to take a big step over it.

No words were spoken as she raised her weapon and approached slowly.
Hearne Fischer wrote:Nigel Sullivan | Ahn Phan Phuc — 01/22/2022 4:53 PM
The spark wheel flicked.

Once, twice, thrice, light.

A flame flickered, orange rays glowed dimly across the room.

Barely visible, the silhouette of bottles and a beast.

Fire in his hands, fire in his eyes.

A low snarl, wordlessly warning her to leave.
Whitney Avery Tyler wrote:DerArknight — 01/22/2022 5:09 PM
She didn't leave. But she stopped moving forwards. For the moment.

Both of them stood perfectly still, carefully watching each other. He stood still on the end of the hallway. She stood in the middle of it. Behind the two were a few doors and some gardening equipment resting against the walls. Plus some more traps she had to keep in mind.

In the darkness illuminated by the lighter the boy had activated, the girl could see bandages wrapped around where she stroke him earlier. The bandages looked hapharzardly placed and loose at some places, with red leaking out here and there. The boy had done his best, but was clearly not very knowledgable about patching himself up.

Not that she was more experienced in this regard.

But as long as she avoided nasty wounds, she would do fine. At least that was what she told herself as she clung to the wooden piece with her right hand.

Her left - dominant - hand was holding onto the dart. Her secret weapon.
Hearne Fischer wrote:Nigel Sullivan | Ahn Phan Phuc — 02/04/2022 3:48 PM
He stepped back, and his foot caught on one of the bottles.

It toppled and spilled liquid all over the floor.

He grimaced, then growled again.

His right hand, which held the lighter, shook, and the flame flickered.

His left hand contained armageddon.
Whitney Avery Tyler wrote:DerArknight — 02/04/2022 3:55 PM
For some reason, the boy seemed to become afraid of the puddle he had just created.

The girl furrowed her browns.

Then she understood.

In the next moment, she had already thrown the dart.
Hearne Fischer wrote:Nigel Sullivan | Ahn Phan Phuc — 02/04/2022 4:07 PM
The eyes darted back to her.

Her left arm jerked back, then forward.

The eyes dilated.

The flame caught the damp rag. The dart shattered the glass.

The liquid poured onto him. His clothes caught like a match.

The monster roared like a demon and burned like an effigy.

His arm swept a table, shattered glass, and set the whole room alight.
Whitney Avery Tyler wrote:DerArknight — 02/04/2022 4:10 PM
The girl hit the mark.

Liquid meet lighter and both culminated in a fire that quickly started to engulf the boy.

For the first time since coming to the island, she smiled.
Hearne Fischer wrote:Nigel Sullivan | Ahn Phan Phuc — 02/04/2022 4:19 PM
His senses, reduced to char.

His sight was gone.

His smell was searing flesh.

His hearing was a flickering candle.

His taste was smoky ash.

His touch was unbridled pain.

The room was an inferno.

His world was burning, scorching fire.

He wailed in agony.

He stumbled forward, then righted himself.

With all his force, he charged her.

Hell met Earth.
Whitney Avery Tyler wrote:DerArknight — 02/04/2022 4:25 PM
And then everything went to shit in the blink of an eye.

The boy, who was burning alongside half of the room, suddenly collected what little life he had and straightened up again. Letting out an unholy wail, he suddenly broke through the flames separating them, with his arms flailing around, clearly trying to hit everywhere she could be.

The girl barely had time to raise her plank of wood before he they collided.

By a small miracle, she avoided catching fire, only getting knocked back instead.

Knocked back into a very special rope she had stepped over not too long ago.

There was no way for her to dodge as the boy slammed into her.
Hearne Fischer wrote:Nigel Sullivan | Ahn Phan Phuc — 02/04/2022 4:39 PM
His momentum carried him forward, even as his legs gave out beneath him.

Everything began to fade.

His shoulder hit the mark.

His hands grappled the darkness.

He cried like an untuned chord, the wick of his life still blazing.
Whitney Avery Tyler wrote:DerArknight — 02/04/2022 4:44 PM
The two collided, and the girl found herself thrown across the room once more.

This time, she hit more than just a rope.

Who in the hell... put a fucking hook here?

This were her thoughts as she stared down at the hook protruding out of her chest while she dangled in the air.

A flush of blood escaped her lips. In the background, the boy was still screaming. Maybe in celebration. Maybe in pain.

It could have been of lesser interest for her.

G001 Whitney Avery Tyler - Deceased
Hearne Fischer wrote:Nigel Sullivan | Ahn Phan Phuc — 02/04/2022 4:48 PM
He fell to his knees, then to his hands.

They both gave out below him.

The fire torched his systems, each nerve burnt to embers.

He bawled, squalled, howled.

His lungs filled with smoke.

He whimpered, whined, wept.

The fumes stung his throat.

He hacked, rasped, cracked.

Everything faded.

Sight, sound, smell, hearing, feeling, all absent.

He collapsed onto the ground, still kindling.

The nightmare was over, but the fire burned on.
- B024 - FISCHER, HEARNE: END.

Return to “V0 Archive”