why are you all like this

why do you write so much why does everything happen so much | a relationship thread

V8 Pregame is on the way! As such this is the place where you can find friends, rivals, romantic partners, hobby groups and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can cruise around others' threads looking for something that would work for your character. Please note that V8 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
Cicada

Post by Cicada »

Mara's brain when he sees posts in this thread
[+] train destruction
June/Salem - We've talked about this before like multiple times I think?? In June and Salem's current forms I think the relations would go something like... June and Salem have probably been close friends for a while and she's one of the few folks in the school he trusts with knowledge of his being among The Libs. They're both to varyingly public degrees try-hards and she might find it exasperating to even actually off-putting that he loosened up a lot in the years she's known him and became a shitposter as a public face. Like, she knows his good side (to her, his good side) but he's also two-facing as a dumbass/prankster/shitposting leftist that she'd probably be disinclined to like if she didn't know his quieter self. Possible complication, he could have been one of the casual boyfriends she had a while back before he started dating (see next blurb)
June/Ashlyn - So I know June is one of Clover's close friends? So she'd probably be more directly affected by the period of time when Ashlyn was at her lowest and meanest b/c that was a time that directly affected Clover. She might be leery of Ash as a result of having that historical knowledge. They're both try-hards outwardly so I dunno, could be that they can at least have solidarity over getting that Deans List (dude I don't even remember anymore if thats what its called in the States it has been Years).

Jayson/Cedar - Been in a Platoon Discord for like actual years yet I still haven't put much thought into this relationship until this very moment? Iconic. So like you know she in her overbearingness probably paid close emotional attention to him when he first came over to help him find his bearings. But she's like, actively and increasingly disowned her roots as time passed, so he probably has feelings about That. I know we visualized them generally as like, quietly art-ing together during Platoon meetings and I figure that's the bulk of their interactions, quiet and not really needing to talk. Honestly I think she'd probably have a crush on him because of her tastes in guys? She'd never act on it in a million years because duh, but its probably been there lurking in the background waiting to cause a death scene on V8 island for years now.
Jayson/Ashlyn - She... tries to be fair to him as a member of the b-ball team. But she also has harsh drill sergeant instincts and tries her hardest to get him to improve! Which he probably isn't all that fond of her attempts in doing so. She's blunt enough that she's probably asked him what he's doing there if he's not giving it his all to put in the work for the team and if he answered honestly (interrogation tactics) she'll be the sort to berate him about not standing up for himself and to threaten to march to his house and beat up his dad on his behalf. So like, a lot of could you please not do That vibe, I'm sure he really does not like her much and would prefer she leave him alone but also cannot get her to do that because she's Powerful and he's not.

Nyah/Callie - Losing Nyah to the commies was unacceptable!! Callie's the gaslighting sort who probably ran roughshod over Nyah with her inability to defend her own viewpoints due to her general quietness. And could well continue to do it now by aggressively challenging Nyah to like, stick up for her new found far auth left leanings, 'do you know what you even believe in', that kinda mind worming. Callie could well be one of the reasons Nyah originally started drifting away from the anti-SOTF club in the first place, realistically.

Siam/Salem - Uh oh Diego?? Anyways. Popular, party goers, terminally online, they def. know each other! If Siam's into the fem aesthetic he'd probably have like, hit it off with Salem b/c Salem is receptive to advances from interested guys. But when he tried to seal the deal Salem is not like, actually particularly interested in men for the most part so. Shot down, which would probably give Siam a bit of conniptions b/c Salem seemed to be into it up until he said no. I dunno if Siam would be annoyed enough to lose respect for Salem thereafter or not though.
V8 Vibes:
[+] Peace Only Under Liberty
Character Relation Planner! - I'll be responding to proposals and ideas in increments, please be patient!
V7 Vibes:
[+] Cicada Uses A Gun For The First Time
ImageB008, Demetri Futscher - Captain Of The USS Dekcuc - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
Image G018, Beryl Mahelona - Sleepyhead - 1 *
ImageG040, Camila Cañizares - Nightingale - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
ImageG060, Princess McQuillan - a flimsy purpose - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 *
ImageG065, Kelly Nguyen - everyone's friend - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Updated Character Appearances - Updated July 2020
Pregame Relationships

Return to “V8 Pregame Planning”