Even more children!

Getting my thread-naming game off to a promising start

V8 Pregame is on the way! As such this is the place where you can find friends, rivals, romantic partners, hobby groups and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can cruise around others' threads looking for something that would work for your character. Please note that V8 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
midnight_twelve

Even more children!

Post by midnight_twelve »

Have a lot of free time today, so I thought I'd work my way through the impressive number of relationship threads and potentially make my imaginary friends some imaginary friends (and enemies and lovers) of their own. Here's my lot, so if you stumble across this, you're welcome to do the same with mine:

Fred Hobbes
A basketball player of middling talent, who also enjoys action films, first-person shooters and browsing Reddit. More or less adapts to whatever crowd he’s in at the time; this is usually his jock-ier teammates, but he also likes to scrape into other people’s social circles and just sort of float around awkwardly for a bit. A fairly nice guy (without quotation marks), but very unlikely to stick up for anyone. Gets very lonely sometimes, and has some “nice guy” tendencies (with quotation marks). Probably not that close to anyone in particular, but will have some friends on his basketball team. Definitely simping on at least one of your girls.

Relationships:
Roland Fischer (Sansa) “My man.”
Cedar Dalisay (Cicada) “Man, she's great. Not at video games, but just like, in general.”
Evie McKown (Dr Adjective) "We play video games together sometimes. I kind of... I don't know."
Big Dick Buster (Buko) “Haha I love Big Di- wait no not like that”
Ashlyn Graves (Cicada) “Okay okay I get it!!! I'm voting Big Dick!!!”
Rebekah Hayes (Gundham) "What? I could totally pull a cheerleader."

Isaiha (Yonagoda) "Who drops basketball for hockey?"
Anthony Rafael Halili (Aster) “Hm? Oh yeah, he’s cool. We’re cool."
Betty (Yonagoda) "She's out of my league, I know."

Chloé Delacroix
A philosopher at heart, Chloé feels a great deal of responsibility to do good, manifesting in everything from simple generosity and supporting those around her to advocating for economic reform and civil rights. She's an extremely hard worker, but her organisational skills (ie: a LOT of highlighters) have allowed her to balance her academic success and extracurricular interests with a vibrant social life. Pairing natural charisma with well-honed empathy, Chloé is probably a very popular student.

Relationships:
Anthony Rafael Halili (Aster) “We used to date, actually. We’re just different people now.”
Isaiha (Yonagoda) "I think he might have, ah, commitment issues."
Salem Fox (Cicada) “Haha, freshman year. We still get on well, though!”

Sutton Herrera (Sansa) “ <3 "
Ashlyn Graves (Cicada) “Study Buddies!”
Darryl Smith Jr (Deamon) “We’ve had some great conversations before.”
Big Dick Buster (Buko) “Interesting guy, and a great host.”
Evie McKown (Dr Adjective) “One of the nicest girls I’ve ever met!”
Betty (Yonagoda) "I should check in on her. I feel she's hurting."

Jordan Toribio (Aster) “They seem nice!”
Ren (Yonagoda) "She's so kind. I really hope people don't take advantage of that."
David Cooper (Gundham) "Oh! Remind me to pick up my new highlighters."
Bethany Lyon (Dr Adjective) “We… get on fine.”
Mathew Bell (Applesintime) “Eww…”

Maddie Taylor
In a word, adventurous. Splits her time between reading adventure stories and living them, with camping and hunting being among her favourite pastimes. Very creative, but easily distracted and prone to day dreaming. Has recently picked up writing again after five years and, whilst rough around the edges, is finally brining her fantasies to life. I imagine many would find her a little annoying and overly dramatic, but she likely has a few close friends and exes.

Relationships:
Mariel Rivera (Aster) “So… where are the other 98 Gecs?”
Roland Fischer (Sansa) “He’s a great guy!”
Rebekah Hayes (Gundham) "That reminds me, I've got to check out that trail she recommended."
Lulu Lujan (Buko) “The coolest person I know.”

Alex Avanesian (Applesintime) “If we ever had to do that SOTF shit, I’d want him on my side.”
Erika (Yonagoda) "Don't get me wrong, I enjoy our hikes. She just frightens me a little. In a good way!"
Evie McKown (Dr Adjective) “She seems cool. Don’t know her that well, though.”

Any kind of relationship suggestions are welcome!! I'm waiting to see what, if any, romantic relationships emerge before giving them defined sexualities, so all genders are welcome for that. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss anything elsewhere.
17 he / him

https://sotfmini.com/SurvivalOfTheFitte ... 691#p82691 <- this is for v8 relationships 8-)
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Hey there!

I think Chloé and Darryl could have an interesting relationship since they're both into politics and could have some interesting discussions.
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
Roberta “Robbie” Woodvine
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
Dr Adjective

Post by Dr Adjective »

Salut! I'm going to run out of different ways to say "hello" pretty soon aren't I?

Anyway I think both Chloé and Fred could get on well with Evie; she's in a similar do-gooder spectrum to Chloé and has probably enthusiastically agreed to a lot of her ideas over the years, and she's sporty and tomboyish and so likely to have crossed paths with Fred and been generally chill with each other. If she's the target of a crush, it'd be sadly unrequited, but could still be fun to play around with.

Beth definitely knows Chloé... and they're probably not the best of friends, but possibly tolerate each other for one reason or another since they may be moving in the same circles.

Not really sure with Maddie, I don't see any obvious connections but she does seem like she's got the kind of energy that Evie would get along with if they spent time together.
I made some terrible children, please befriend them.
Evie "Otter Mode" McKown will protect every animal. They are all friend.
Bethany Lyon is going to join the Daughters of the American Revolution when she's old enough.
midnight_twelve

Thanks, both of you! Everything sounds good. It'd be cool to play around with Fred and Evie in particular, since I think an unrequited crush is just the sort of angst that fits him.
17 he / him

https://sotfmini.com/SurvivalOfTheFitte ... 691#p82691 <- this is for v8 relationships 8-)
Cicada

Post by Cicada »

I'd work my way through the impressive number of relationship threads and potentially make my imaginary friends some imaginary friends
Hard task for even the mightiest, but I will propose ideas first to make the quest a bit easier :0
[+] thoughts
  • Ashlyn-Fred: She socializes with most of the school athletes at least some, so they've definitively hung out before. She's squeezing him to vote Big Dick for team captain as of recent, most likely. He seems like the sort who might be intimidated by how blunt she tends to be and he probably can't bring himself to simp.
  • Cedar-Fred: Inversely, he seems like he has the sort of quietly desperate and lame personality Cedar might unconsciously gravitate towards at least a little. Possible avenue to them knowing each other would be as mutual vidya buddies with Evie, and thereafter maybe she sometimes takes time out of her day to message him, check up on him, so on. She has the infinite free time to game with him from time to time despite it not being her genre, and she's definitely not any good so he can ego trip a bit off carrying her so like... simp target, most likely. There's potential here.
  • Ashlyn-Chloé: Ash would probably low actively key crush on her for how put together she is, Chloé is probably Ash's goals IRL or something. She might tap Chloé from time to time to study buddy for a shared class or to lend her star power to some form of athletics department fundraiser or pick me up, and Ash can offer that much in return with her own social connections... So they'd probably be a strong power couple (platonically. mostly, on Ash's end) for their high energy and mutually activist tendencies. Not hanging out explicitly all the time but when they need each other they know who to call.
  • Salem-Chloé: Could offer Salem as a possible date from a long time ago (no hooking up or anything, just a Freshman mutual crush). There's like, a chance that Chloé could be one of the folks he shares his more serious business side with, since they share those advocacies and senses of responsibility. She probably understands that he wants to save that ambitious aspect of his demeanor for a certain arena and keep it out of his school life? Something like that. They hang out in school and get along well superficially, and in private Chloé is one of Salem's wonky confidantes and they discuss current news and policy advocacy in more private channels.
  • I actually can't think of anything off the top of my head for Maddie. Maybe when she has more relationships I might have a clearer picture of if there are secondary connections. If you have any ideas I'd love to hear them!
(make a character for Pinoy Platoon)
V8 Vibes:
[+] Peace Only Under Liberty
Character Relation Planner! - I'll be responding to proposals and ideas in increments, please be patient!
V7 Vibes:
[+] Cicada Uses A Gun For The First Time
ImageB008, Demetri Futscher - Captain Of The USS Dekcuc - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
Image G018, Beryl Mahelona - Sleepyhead - 1 *
ImageG040, Camila Cañizares - Nightingale - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
ImageG060, Princess McQuillan - a flimsy purpose - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 *
ImageG065, Kelly Nguyen - everyone's friend - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Updated Character Appearances - Updated July 2020
Pregame Relationships
midnight_twelve

Cicada wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:10 pm Hard task for even the mightiest, but I will propose ideas first to make the quest a bit easier :0
Much appreciated :lol: everything here looks great; I can't think of anything much for Maddie either, but maybe something will arise. Who knows, maybe I'll even make someone for the Pinoy platoon, since you asked so nicely (and small-ly).
17 he / him

Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Fred: Isaiah's an ex-basketball kid, it doesn't matter what Fred thinks of him. He's also free to simp whatever girl you want him to but Betty's the most simpable.

Chloe: I've seen she's racked a list of exes, and is it OK to throw my Isaiah at her as an ex too? Bets/Betty's probably known her by association and they probably went to the same popular kid parties before, and so has Ren.

Maddie: If she hikes with other people, sometimes Erika will join in. Other than that, not any friendships here.
[+] v8 babies
Noah Karimi-Danya- Better than you think

Giselle Modisette- Nothing's wrong

Isaiah Flanagan- Apologize

Lorenza/o Araya- Narcissistic self hatred

Betty Sadberry- Re-empathize

Erika Takahashi-Schaff- Everything's beautiful
midnight_twelve

Awesome, though it was brave of you to give Fred unlimited simp privileges. :twisted:
17 he / him

Gundham

Post by Gundham »

Fred - May have crossed paths with Rebekah, depending on whether or not the cheerleaders cheer for the basketball games. She helps out with fundraisers and stuff like that, and is one of the more low-key cheerleaders, so if he's looking for more simping, she might seem like an attainable target? He's certainly welcome to simp for her, but she'd probably awkwardly receive it and be completely oblivious to his overtures.

Chloe - If she's around at social functions she's probably at least aware that Dave exists, since he's always at parties and generally trying to raise his profile and expand his customer base. If she ever had an off-day and needed caffeine or more highlighters or whatever else, he'd be more than happy to ply his services.

Maddie - Rebekah's a very outdoorsy person and her dad's in the parks service for the Salem Woods area, so she's probably someone that Maddie would get along with, and could offer advice about little-known hiking trails or interesting camping spots around the area. If Maddie hunts for sport rather than to actually eat or otherwise make use of the animal, Rebekah would probably not be terribly impressed with her.
SHSL Awkwardness#1092 on Discord, hit me up for character discussions.
V8 concepts
midnight_twelve

fantastic, thanks! If its alright with you, I might add Rebekah to Chloe's "like" section too? They probably know each other from cheerleading, and Chloe joined for the teamwork and camaraderie too.

As for Maddie/Rebekah; Maddie is big into the sort of survivalist stuff so I imagine she definitely eats what she shoots/traps/fishes etc. She respects the natural world slightly more than she enjoys shooting things.
17 he / him

Gundham

Post by Gundham »

Yeah, I could see Chloe and Rebekah getting along pretty well! I could see Chloe being a good organizer for fundraisers and that sort of thing, and Rebekah tends to gravitate towards people who know what they're doing.
SHSL Awkwardness#1092 on Discord, hit me up for character discussions.
V8 concepts

Return to “V8 Pregame Planning”