Let's See If I Remember What Writing Is

V8 Relationship Thread While My Phone Keeps Yelling At Me To Do My Chores Already

V8 Pregame is on the way! As such this is the place where you can find friends, rivals, romantic partners, hobby groups and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can cruise around others' threads looking for something that would work for your character. Please note that V8 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
ViolentMedic

Let's See If I Remember What Writing Is

Post by ViolentMedic »

These are roughs, subject to change - I’m sure at the very least the delinquent will probably need realism overhauls. Also two of these might have come up before, because they were intended to be my v7 kids but I’m readjusting them for v8. I don’t think I ever submitted them so it should be okay. Will prolly do drawings later when I'm not supposed to be doing chores oops.

Upfront, looking forrrrr:
- Down for family stuff of any kind (and willing to change up details, none of these kids are too set if y'all have a family set.) Maybe hit me up on the discord or through PM for that tho.
- Friends (particularly for Fitz and Molly - Pyne and Marshall are a bit more abrasive, intentionally (Pyne) or unintentionally (Marshall) and might need a bit more work to get friends.)
- Enemies (enemies are WAY more fun)
- Past partners (barring Marshall who has yet to date)
- Current partners I'd want to discuss in detail/probably RP a bit. Same situation as the family.

Kid details! To be changed.

Russell “Fitz” Fitzroy

- 18, Male, Caucasian
- String bean, tall and skinny. Messy, blond hair that sticks straight up. Heavy freckles and crooked teeth. Often shadows under his eyes due to numerous all-nighters. Comfy, baggy clothes. Sometimes wears skirts, they’re more comfortable than pants.
- Hobbies: All things relating to conspiracies, the occult, aliens, ghosts… Has kind of a ridiculous amount of red-string boards at home. Also linguistics.
- School Clubs/Sports: None so far, unless there’s something relating to languages.
- Lazy, doesn’t pay much attention to school.
- 110% focus for anything relating to languages or the bizarre, -1000% if neither of those things are included. Will ramble at length.
- Relaxed for the most part but will rise to debate and get heated over it.
- Has never cared what anyone thinks of him ever.
- Not averse to a bit of weed, but it doesn’t help his occasional bursts of paranoia. He might have smashed a bus window once with his shoe because he felt sleepy. Maintains that it would have made him a hero if it hadn’t just been an energy drink crash after an all-nighter.
- Aspires to go study languages at college.
- Bisexual, well-aware, comfortable and open about it.

Relationships:
- Boy's an island! (So far.)

Roberta Pyne (tends to go by her last name)

- 19, Female, Filipino on one side, a mix of Spanish and Caucasian on the other.
- Chubby and pear-shaped. Short, shaggy hair, freckly skin and multiple small scars on her hands. Tends to wear plain t-shirts or tank tops, and plaid over that, and usually has Active Bitch Face.
- Hobbies: Ballet (but not open about it), jogging, nature, exploring abandoned places, graffiti, thrill-seeking and rule-breaking in general.
- School Clubs/Sports: None. Attends a ballet class away from school.
- Delinquent. Likes breaking things, spraypainting, all that stuff.
- Enjoys breaking the rules, though exhibits a degree of caution to avoid getting sent back to juvie or somewhere else.
- Likes abandoned places.
- Has no hope for the future, and so doesn’t put too much energy into pulling herself out of self-destructive patterns.
- Getting past the hot-headedness and destructiveness does find a friendly but somewhat melancholic girl – but it’s very hard to get past that defensive, angry shell. Anyone who does get past the shell would have a friend for life.
- Before moving to Salem, in middle school gave a girl a concussion resulting in juvie time. Hasn’t gotten fully violent beyond shoving or an occasional punch since, and does feel guilt for the incident. Tends to try and retreat to smash random things rather than people.
- Took on a more obvious delinquent shell after juvie. Moved to Salem to live with relatives after being released.
- Aspires to nothing.
- Lesbian, gets immediately defensive about stereotypes when it comes up.

Relationships:
- Iscariot "Izzy" Chanel Sutton: Sprayed her moped once. Rude.
- Donovan Lauer: Fellow troublemaker.

Marshall West

- 18, Male, Caucasian
- Short and slightly stocky, in part due to being into body-building and exercise. Dark, wavy well-kept hair, thick eyebrows and intense blue eyes that tend to keep eye contact even when it becomes discomforting for others. Always stands straight-backed. Dresses in smart but fairly plain clothing, mostly long-sleeved collared white shirts and dark-coloured pants, with occasional nice but fairly plain jackets. A close eye might notice they’re often second-hand but painstakingly taken care of. Loud. LOUD.
- Hobbies: Studying, student council, track and cross-country, lacrosse, body-building and self-improvement, photography.
- School Clubs/Sports: Student council, track, cross-country, lacrosse, informal body-improvement club, photography club. Honestly every one of his hobbies is heavily entangled with school—he rarely seems to go home.
- Former upper class: family’s business went down recently and poor financing resulted in them plummeting to lower-middle class (and his mother abandoning the family once the comfort plummeted down).
- Loud and honest, which is a double-edged sword. Often critical of others to their face and without tact, but just as straightforward when being encouraging or approving. Either way, you will hear every thought they have on you.
- Has no patience for shenanigans. Especially bullying or making a mess of things. You stick gum under the desk, he's chasing you down.
- Overly intense. Just in general. Everything is treated with the exact same amount of importance.
- Near-perfect grades. Aspires to go into a law degree, despite being seemingly incapable of lying even through omission.
- Gay but oblivious to it. Assumes his lack of attraction towards girls is him being better focused than his peers, and that his tendency to look at men is relating to his focus on physical improvement.[/list]

Relationships:
- Ty Hartley: Mixed opinions. Bully hunting good, turning a bad eye to your friends and actually physically beating up the bullies bad.
- Donovan Lauer: Track/cross-country rival, possible annoyance.
- Corbin Azinger: Friends/acquaintaces/study-buddies/maybe sometimes arguments.

Molly Ramirez (least pondered so far so very likely to change up.)

- 17, Hispanic
- Athletic with long, curly, dark hair, tends to dress in cute, fashionable clothes and put extreme amounts of effort into her hair, make-up and appearance in general. Big, spaced-out eyes that are rarely quite paying attention to you, partially because she keeps losing her contacts and can’t see for shit without them.
- Hobbies: Cheerleading, fashion, video and tabletop games, miniature collecting and creation
- School Clubs/Sports: Cheerleading, anything to do with games, yearbook, fashion club.
- Spaced out, bubbly and cheerful. Does alright in school, but is really more about socializing and cheerleading than schoolwork.
- Wealthy, upper-class family. Spends her vast allowance on either fashion or miniatures, but has never particularly wanted for anything in her life.
- Kind of obliviously insensitive a lot of the time, but means well. Tends to shower friends in affection to the point where it sometimes becomes a little braggy because 'come on I have all this allowance why would you be uncomfortable with me spending it on you.'
- Aspires to go into fashion design.
- Token straight. Big on dating, but rarely seriously.

Relationships:
- Ashlee Donovan: Friends and cheerleading members.
- Ty Hartley: Friendly cheerleading members.
- Josiah Flanagan: Friendly cheerleading members.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

MEDIC.

Heya! It's been a long time. O:

So I ended up with two cheerleader concepts! I think Ashlee would get along nicely with Molly. She's a fashionable, popular cheerleader girl (who just so happens to also be a weeb cosplayer type). I think they could bond over cheerleading and fashion and video games? O:

Ty's a little trickier. She's also popular, but she's more "cheerleading is too a sport, I'll punch you!!!" Kinda fighty (she is the obligatory fighty Ty), kinda hotheaded and impulsive, very much into the athletic aspect of cheerleading. What would Molly's impression of her be?

On that note, Ty and Marshall might have some kind of dynamic as well. They're both athletic bully-hunter types (though Ty is willing to make certain exceptions). Do you think they'd have some sort of respect for each other?

BTW, I set up a thread for discussing cheer stuff. Take a look if you want.

I might come up with more stuff later. Good to see you again!
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

KAMIKAZE :D

I can def see big jamming with Ashlee for Molly. Molly would probably be down for cosplay too if Ashlee needs help to make a cosplay group thing, but def lots of video game geeking. Molly's not so exclusively focused on the more animey-ey games but it's def SOME of the stuff she likes. I vibe good.

Molly would prolly be pretty fine with Ty. Molly's not so intense about cheerleading, she's just having a good time, but she'd be fine with the Commitment Vibe. Unless she's clashed with the friend group, she'd prolly be all good with Ty.

I think Marshall would have a mixed opinion on Ty, because of course he would respect the attempts to stop bullying. But the friends blind spot would then turn him around and make him immediately call her a hypocrite, and set him right the fuck off. I think he'd also get pretty opposed to the more physical attempts to stop it--he's very much more just stand in the way and YELL LOUDLY AND PERSISTENTLY UNTIL IT STOPS. (He's kind of a narc.) If her friends exploit her to get her to bully someone, Marshall would be very likely to get in the way of that. In general, approves of the general idea, has issues with the execution.

Good to see you toooo! x3
Sunnybunny

Post by Sunnybunny »

Welcome baaaack, I don't think we ever wrote together but let's change that, shall we?

In regards to Molly: I have a Josiah, punk boy cheerleader who does not care about cheer much but a friend asked so why not? While he looks wild and likes boxing, he's a rather genial sort. He's also one of five fraternal quints because somebody got to do the multis around here.

In regards to Pyne: I have a girl with a moped named Izzy, and she would just Hate if someone spray-painted it, maybe that happened in the relatively recent past? She was incidentally also shipped off by a parent to live her so there's that thematic commonality as well.
VII
G071 - Sakurako Adina Jackson - i'll be ready every day / for as long as i can say / here I am in the future with my friends

VIII
Dancing Shoes
Bare Knuckles
Wild Horses
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

@Sunnybunny

\o/

Molly'd be down with Josiah, fo'sho. Don't think she's the type scared off by a bit of wildness.

Bahahaha that sounds like a fun little thing to do. Maybe a memories thing when that opens to get a Vibe. :D
Dogs231

Post by Dogs231 »

Roberta:

Roberta and Donovan seem quite similar at a glance. They're both troublemakers with hot tempers and no aspirations for the future. I can see them getting along.

Marshall:

Marshall and Donovan share hobbies with regards to Cross Country and Track. However, Donovan's troublemaker status probably means the two don't get along well.

Corbin and Marshall are both straight-laced guys with interests in bodybuilding and exercise. They've probably met and gotten along well enough.
[+] FUTURE
SOTF-CLASSIC V1:

Code: Select all

Edithe Merdur is looking to axe you a question.

,  /\  .  
 //`-||-'\\ 
(| -=||=- |)
 \\,-||-.// 
  `  ||  '  
     ||     
     ||     
     ||     
()

Trent Sherwin is running away from his problems.

_
              _( }
    -=   _  <<  \
        `.\__/`/\\
  -=      '--'\\  `
       -=     //
              \)

J is a man of few words.

_     
                      | |    
__      _____  _ __ __| |___ 
\ \ /\ / / _ \| '__/ _` / __|
 \ V  V / (_) | | | (_| \__ \
  \_/\_/ \___/|_|  \__,_|___/

Andrew Leeroy is going to beat you to death.

_.--""--._
/  _    _  \
_  ( (_\  /_) )  _
{ \._\   /\   /_./ }
/_"=-.}______{.-="_\
_  _.=("""")=._  _
(_'"_.-"`~~`"-._"'_)
{_"            "_}
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

I can def see Donovan and Roberta getting along. She might be possible to drag to some parties with his influence, and always good to have some other guy to do dumb shit with.

Regarding Donovan, yeah, he and Marshall almost certainly they wouldn't get along, though kind of a fun competitive rivalry is also an option regarding their similar sporting activities. I think it's likely that Marshall could also be baited into doing dumb shit if he doesn't realise it's happening. As for Corbin and Marshall, they are indeed similar, and would probably make good study-buddies, though since they're both very head-strong I can see them easily coming to arguments, too. I saw in your thing that he has a tendency to overlook the behavior of people he's friendly with, and that would def big-rankle Marshall, who'd rather soon drive off any friends he has than put up with behavior issues. Could see it as being a bit back-and-forth.

Also with Abhi, Fitz would be down for some conspiracy theory discussions. :D Regardless of whether he agrees or not.
Cicada

Post by Cicada »

Writing is a mistake is what it is!!
[+] the thoughts
- While Pyne probably wouldn’t be a fan of Cedar, the whole ‘gravitating towards people in need’ thing combined with Pyne being half-Filipino means there’s there’s a chance maybe Cedar approached her at some point (since Pyne’s kind of an obvious albeit aggressive mess). Pyne wouldn’t gravitate towards the ‘Pinoy Platoon’ as a whole (she doesn’t feel much of a connect with her lineage) but there’s probably acknowledgement over its existence.
- Also Molly is down to tabletop.
Pyne would be one of those cases where Cedar's vibe structurally fails, yeah. They probably spoke once and Cedar quietly shut down half way through the defensive shortness because she sensed Pyne was far beyond her ability to help and it crushed her, etc. Pyne probably doesn't have much respect for Cedar thereafter since she's outwardly well-off and well-put together. Maybe someone else from the Platoon can make a more positive impression, but it ain't Cedar. She knows when she's outgunned.

And maybe, r.e Molly and Cedar being in a TTRPG group! But they'd need someone else as the glue there- Cedar probably wouldn't have much interest in cold approaching Molly to recruit her. Cedar keeps a respectful distance from those who look like they have their shit together.
- Although there’s a good chance they haven’t spoken, Fitz both shares a tendency to mostly be only interested in a long conversation if it concerns, say, conspiracy theories or other interests, and… well, conspiracy theories as an interest. If tehy’d ever somehow tapped into the right topics around each other, I’m sure the conversation would have gone from 0 to 110% ridiculously fast.
Callie probably strongly approved of the shoe through the bus window incident and tried to probe him once. Leading to the legendary spiraling conversation of paranoia and bullshit. She might have tried to recruit him for the anti-SOTF brigade (group of outcast-types).
- Marshall shares similar personality quirks regarding being brusque and very focused on getting people to self-improve (while being very blunt about what is good and bad about them). Either they’d get into arguments or they’d just start yelling positivity double as hard. They run in different sports crowds, but he’d be excited to help with raising money for sports.
He seems like the sort she'd 100% approve of. Ash is cognizant and self-conscious enough to tame herself when she's dealing with another Type A so there won't be any conflict and they can work together and accomplish double the try-hard. They might have a study group (with MS's Eugene, among other possibly studious athletes) and I'm sure she appreciates the help from him and he's one of her main contacts/ally in the teams he's a member of.
- Molly would have probably been pretty receptive to the flirting. Definitely casual, though she might have had to be backed off from, but she woulda brushed off the confusion.
They were both in cheerleading at some point, so... maybe they actually dated for a time, as this would be before Ashlyn/Salem became a thing, timeline-wise? If she was receptive enough to buy into it back then, well. He'd actually be available to go for it. If it were to her interest he'd be pretty eager to be a doll for her fashion experiments- maybe some of his current femme accessories are actually gifts from her, from this time period? If she's down for indulging that part of his aesthetic, anyways. Otherwise they were probably a power couple on the J.E.M party circuit for a hot second then they amicably broke up and still regard each other well to this day?

If that checks out then Ash probably harbored some jealousy for Molly for a while when she started dating him. But they were both also in cheer possibly way back, and Ash probably overall likes her. Would have bluntly rejected any attempts to throw gifts her way because Ash ain't about that.
V8 Vibes:
[+] Peace Only Under Liberty
Character Relation Planner! - I'll be responding to proposals and ideas in increments, please be patient!
V7 Vibes:
[+] Cicada Uses A Gun For The First Time
ImageB008, Demetri Futscher - Captain Of The USS Dekcuc - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
Image G018, Beryl Mahelona - Sleepyhead - 1 *
ImageG040, Camila Cañizares - Nightingale - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
ImageG060, Princess McQuillan - a flimsy purpose - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 *
ImageG065, Kelly Nguyen - everyone's friend - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Updated Character Appearances - Updated July 2020
Pregame Relationships
Slam

Post by Slam »

Teddie:
- Not much common ground with Fitz but mutually bisexual implies possibility of having fooled around?
- Probably terrified of Pyne.
- Would probably know Marshall through being the mascot at lacrosse games. Teddie seems like he might piss Marshall off though.
- Would also probs know Molly through being the mascot and hence working with cheerleaders. Would reciprocate non-serious dating.

Spuds:
- Not a fan of Fitz. Laziness is a no-no for her, but overall no real reason why she’d bother with him.
- Probably not terrified of Pyne, but wouldn’t want to get mixed up in that mess. Which is a shame cause they could probably get along if she did.
- Would respect Marshall’s diligence but might not appreciate the lack of tact. Probs chill overall, though.
- Is probably friendly enough with Molly but indifferent overall.
My V8 Relationship Thread!
[+] Dead V7 Kids
B035: LUCAS BRADY - Had Enough - 1 - 2 - 3- 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9
G002: ELISABETH "LIZZIE" LEBOWSKI - "You've been a great audience." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Lucas Brady - Facebook!Lucas - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6
Elisabeth "Lizzie" Lebowski - "My parents told me to make a good signature, so I signed a note promising I would do it later." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

@Cicada

Former brief couple of Salem and Molly def works for me. :D

@Slam

Teddie:
- I haven't quite decided how loose Fitz is yet, but it's something to be considered!
- That's fair. Pyne's not approachable.
- I think Marshall would be alright with Teddie. Marshall might take him to task for something like he tends to with, like, everyone--"TEDDIE STOP SLEEPING WITH PEOPLE IT'S IRRESPONSIBLE IT'S THE HORMONES YOU'RE GOING TO GET PEOPLE PREGNANT"--but it wouldn't actually annoy him on a deep level, he just says what he thinks. Also Marshall is Also Extensively Over-Enthusiastic, so at the very least they won't run out of energy.
- Absolutely, regarding Molly. A fling/buddying both good. :3

Spuds:
- So overall indifference for most of the crew from her xD But different flavours of it!
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Pyne and Aracelis could be exploring buddies perhaps? As both enjoy going to abandoned places and taking a look around.

Molly would also know Aracelis this time through the cheerleading team and they could be friends but Molly's weird like money bragging could sometimes be awkward for their relationship.

Molly and Robbie could also be friends both through Robbie attending a lot of sportsball games and having a shared interest in tabletop.
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
Roberta “Robbie” Woodvine
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

Pyne and Aracelis is possible as exploring buddies, maybe they bumped into each other once while doing so and were like 'whattup.'

I'm down with both the Molly-and-Aracelis thing and the Molly-and-Robbie thing, and with Molly and Robbie MMORPG hanging is also on the table, Molly loves those.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

ViolentMedic wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:01 pm Pyne and Aracelis is possible as exploring buddies, maybe they bumped into each other once while doing so and were like 'whattup.'
Yeah, yeah, that sounds good
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
Roberta “Robbie” Woodvine
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD

Return to “V8 Pregame Planning”