say goodnight to the bad guy

Day 13; High Noon; Private; CW Eye Stuff

The manor house is the largest single building on the island and the only building that has a second floor. The outside of the house features elaborate carvings in the entryway, while the main hall contains a large metal chandelier formed of many interlocking spirals. The interior features extravagant rugs spread across the floor in every room. On the ground floor, there is a kitchen, a large dining room with a hand-carved table, each leg made to look like a rushing wave, and a living room featuring a large purple velvet sofa. The second floor is home to a large master bedroom, a smaller but no less elaborate guest room, a drawing room and a balcony that overlooks the entire island.
Buko

Post by Buko »

Conversation with Papa Beats wrote: “We friggin’ had ‘em man. I screwed it up Pops, I let ‘em off the hook…”

“I know Papo, I know.”

“On the goddamn goal line…what kinda shit is that…?”

“It happens Ace, it never comes down to one play or one player.”

“We lost 24-28...if I hadn’t fumbled that last play, if I had just ran outta bounds as opposed to leapin’ like I was friggin’ Simone Biles or somethin’… we coulda won. I coulda won it. I coulda been the hero...it was my moment...and I came up short…”
Ace was down an ear. Ace was short a leg. Beats now was trying his best to work with one functioning lung. Soon after Diego clawed at his face, Beats was now down an eye. His scream was loud and blood curdling. Ace’s voice sent shivers down his own spine. Down an ear and down an eye—Ace went deaf and he went blind.

“AUUUUUUGH!!!!!”

His other hand found Diego’s neck and his fingers kept each other company. Ace closed his eye and and blinked bloody tears. He spat bloody and drooled bloodier unto Diego’s face.

And then he squeezed with all his strength until he couldn’t anymore.
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Lookin' for the opps, they been hidin'
I grew up 'round drugs, sex, and violence
We turnt off they street, we heard sirens
Since a juvenile, I been wylin'
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

Diego's finger hooked into Ace's eye socket.

If he pulled harder, the man would let go.

Fluid dripped down his fingers.

If he pushed harder, he'd get to breathe again.

His fingers curled. He felt bone beneath slippery flesh.

His throat closed impossibly tight.

Bloody flecks spluttered out of Diego's mouth.

Ace would let go eventually.

Right?

"I-

"I wanna-"

Coughing, spasming.

"I wanna-

"I wanna go home."

His vision blurred.

Red-black edges losing definition.

A sob escaped Diego's throat.

A strained scream.

His nails twisted into Ace's cheek.

Trying to find purchase.

Between grunts, whimpers, a reedy, choked voice.

"I wanna-

"I wanna live."

Brown eyes glaring at green.

His right arm spasmed beneath the rubble.

His chest convulsed.

"Please."

Fingers scrabbled at skin.

Bloody drool dripped on his face, through gnarled teeth.

"Please."

Lactic acid exhausting through his muscles.

Burning out.

Flesh slipping against flesh.

"Please."

His hand let go.

Brown eyes looking into green, dilating.

A harsh whisper robbed of all voice, thinned out.

"I don't-"

More sobs escaped his throat.

"I don't want this."

Left arm raised, waving around.

Flailing against Ace's face every so often.

A nasty weed failing to find root.

"I don't-"

Heaving.

Wheezing.

"-want-"

Vision dimming.

"-this."

Sobs.

"I-

Blood-flecked coughs.

"-don't-"

Scarred hand limply waving.

Old scar touching new scars.

"-want-"

Bloodshot eyes staring.

Crushed chest stilled.

Scarred hand falling to the ground.

B083: DIEGO LARROSA: DECEASED

9 STUDENTS REMAIN
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:
B083 - Diego Larrosa - Palayain mo na ako. - He didn't want this. say goodnight to the bad guy [10/159]
Current Theme Music: Devil Town (v1) - cavetown
Weapon: Tactical Combat Shovel
Previous Threads: Love & Money - before the day is done, my prince is gonna come - How Far I'll Go - Gimme, Gimme Shelter or I'm Gonna Fade Away - no one round here's good at keeping their eyes closed - Still Waiting - Hell is Other People - RICH_BOY_LIKES_IT_ROUGH.MP4 - I Don't Wanna Be Myself - The Bell Tolls For Our Funeral - The Gang Goes Out For Breakfast - Untrust Us - Crimewaves - Love itself is just as innocent as roses in May - Will All Be Forgiven? - black eyes looking up from below - Silent Key - it's ok we're just scared - life's alright in devil town - Beyond Human (Barely Human) - And Now Those Days Are Over and We Are All Ghosts - The Ultimate Test of Cerebral Fitness - Ang Pagbibinata ni Diego Larrosa - perverse verdict - Madness in the Method - park the car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me
Memories: Hiya sa Timog

G013 - Yuka Hayashibara (adopted from Ryuki!) - Does it spark joy? - She fixed up her look in one of a kind [46/159]
Current Theme Music: Play With Me - DDLC OST
Weapon: Bug-A-Salt Camofly 2.0 Insect Eradication Gun
Previous Threads: Quintessential Thinking - I Pray to the Lord You Reveal what His Truth is - all of our heroes fading - now i can't stand to be alone - Incredible Adventures - there's a pale imitation burnt in my eyes - Red Of Tooth And Claw - The Fifth Announcement - Low Times - Party Like It's 1999 - Hell and You - We're All Excited, We Don't Know Why, Maybe It's 'Cause, We're Gonna Die - Ron Gets a Bath As Well, Whether He Wants To or Not - No Exit
Pregame: In Vino Veritas - Shake It Out
Memories: Hayashibara Heart to Heart
Prom: Fear and Delight
Trip: Room 832: Welcome to the Witching Hour

G052 - Joanne Coleman (adopted from Cicada!) - I've got a thick skin and an elastic heart. - She tried to do something in Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death [116/159]
Current Theme Music: When You Die - MGMT
Weapon: George Hunter High School mascot costume
Previous Threads: hold on to this lullaby - Don't Stray Off The Path - D.R.E.A.M. - I'm Not That Nice, I'm Mean and I'm Evil - we keep these promises, write it in a letter
Pregame: You did not break me. I'm still fighting for peace. - Desperate Times - Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown - Do You Have The Time - i'm so 3008
Memories: I'm alright. I'm just fine. And you're a tool, so. - Make A New Cult Every Day

G075 - Aditi Sharma (adopted from Brackie! and somer!) - She failed in Yellow Light [88/159]
Weapon: Browning Hi Power 9mm
Previous Threads: Pandorama - Antisocial Darwinism - My Lucifer Is Lonely - They Couldn't Buy A Fucking Toaster. They're Broke, John.
[+] V6
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.
[+] V5
Dead:
B045 - Juhan Levandi - An Estonian wanna-be journalist with a fear of the dark who wanted to bring them all down in Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien [18/152]
Weapon: Party Bag (contains a noisemaker, party hat, two single-serving bags of candy, and a Hotwheels car)
Pre-Game Threads: Wiping All Out - Quixotic
Previous V5 Threads: Despair - The Real Folk Blues - The two people in the distance were Paulo and Becca - Mischief Managed - Sleeper Cell - Tell No Tales - So, How Was Your Day? - And I'm Not Sleeping Now - Intermission - Glass - A Manic Depressive Named Laughing Boy
G067 - Carmina Maliksi - A Filipina car junkie with a /slight/ obsession with Korea and Japan who has finished things up (somewhat) in Red as Blood [139/152]
Weapon: Non-Functional Flamethrower (left in the Clubhouse)
Previous V5 Threads: Finding Center - Wish I Could Breathe - The Visionary
Memories: Offended?
B054 - Oscar Trig (adopted from Greg the Anti-Viking) - An artist who desperately needs a pencil, paper and a cigar and thought with his heart in Fumble [76/152]
Weapon: Binoculars
Pregame Threads: Taking it to the Streets
Previous V5 Threads: Waking Up at the Beginning of Time - Steadier Footing - Handoff
[+] misc
[+] meirl
new resting place for chatsig never forget 2018
give my v8 kids friends pls
Buko

Post by Buko »

Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out.

“Fuck,” hoarse, “Shit,” scarred, “Damn it.”

Weak.

Diego fought until the very last instant—and Ace battled right back with him. When the work was done, he grasped his bloodied eye and rose up from the limp body of his latest victim.

“C’mon,” keep going, “C’mon,” just get to your bag, “Come fuckin’ on!”

It was almost done. He just needed to go a little further—make it a little longer. It was almost done. Ace just needed to move forward. Inch by inch, moment by moment—one foot in front of the other. Ace took one step and his knee buckled. He gasped and screamed and cussed and drug his limp and bleeding leg forward. He just needed to get to his bag—he just needed to stop the bleeding. One step at a time. Inch by inch. Moment by moment. One foot in front of the other.
Meilin wrote: "MAKE IT!"

I’m tryin’ Mei—I’m fuckin’ trying…

When he took his seventh labored and struggling step—he collapsed again. Ace wouldn’t be stopped. Moment by moment. Inch by inch. Hand over fist. Beats continued to keep crawling towards the destroyed entrance way. The path forward was wrought with questions unanswered and the road behind scattered with conflicts never solved. There was still only one thing to do right? The only thing there ever was…

Keep fuckin’ going.
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

The way Ace talked, there was a question that had to be in the back of his mind. That little voice that was still so loud over everybody else. Like he said, it wasn't about what he needed to do. Wasn't about what he wanted to do. It asked and without giving space to consider it gave him answers from instinct: You gotta go another mile. You gotta take one more night. You gotta have the house. You gotta pull the trigger. You gotta take the blast. You gotta choke the life out of him. You gotta get up. You gotta live. You gotta win.

Lots of answers.

One question.

"What else you gotta do?"

He heard it under every step he took. Nothing new about that. Phrasing could be off. The tone more accusatory. The voice strangled into a croak from the kitchen floor rather than echoing inside his head. He had to recognize the difference. He could have realized the blood stain in the corner was missing the body it came from, now propped up in the door frame with one hand trying to hold a bloody hole together and another trying to hold steady aim at the center of his back. There could be one more fight left in him if he could turn quick enough, or one more surprise if caught dying and out of options he would echo the pleas for mercy he just strangled into silence, or play it cool to the end with some sort of gesture towards concession. There were more options in his response than anyone but Ace could know.

Marco, like Ace's instincts, didn't give him the opportunity to think.
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Buko

Post by Buko »

All Ace wanted to do was stand up. All Ace wanted to do was keep fighting. All Ace wanted to do was stand up. All Ace wanted to do was keep fighting. But that was a lie, wasn't it? Ace wanted everything. Beats wanted it all.

All Ace wanted to do was keep fighting. All Ace wanted to do was stand up.

All that Ace did was get shot at and then shot down.

Papa Beats wrote: Sit the fuck up, good, now look in the mirror.

You don’t look small or short to me--you look like a tall, strong, smart, funny, creative kid who put it all out there. You lost the game, you didn’t come up short. That’s what the fuck happens in a game kid, there’s winners and losers and you can only be one or the other. You did your thing, you put your heart into this shit--you didn’t come up short. You stood tall.

B10: ACE "BEATS" ORTEGA: ELIMINATED
8 STUDENTS REMAIN
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

All that was left was the waiting. Another gun to appear in Ace’s hand. An explosive he sequestered during the struggle.. Strength rushing into his limbs on what had to be their two hundred and second wind. Curses, objections, absolutions garbled by blood and pain until not even the cameras could keep record of what Ace meant to say.

Marco waited.

There was silence. Stillness.

“That’s what I fucking thought.”

It had a lot less conviction when he echoed it. It could be there was a kind of comfort in that. Impulse on impulse had pushed him to make bad calls for his own good and he’d given in once. Only once. The temptation to do it again never went away, nor did the fear that tried to consume every other possibility, and he had no ground to pretend that was a unique struggle. Everybody in this room said their hands were forced, that everyone uttered some form of the words ‘I don’t want this’ but while Marco couldn’t speak to what compromises they made his version still felt true. He’d stopped pointing guns that weren’t pointed at him first. Offered every out he could beyond suicide. Marco had never hurt another person who hadn’t tried to hurt him since Kayla. He’d let nothing, not fear, not anger, not justice, not even certainty take him to that place again. Marco didn’t pull the trigger first, and that gave him the distance to pull it last.

That didn’t mean that he won.

He lost less than Ace and Diego.

He was still losing.

The kitchen’s doorway did most of the heavy lifting to get him back on his feet. One hand had to, he had nothing else to keep the pressure on with, so his gun had to go. He couldn’t remember where he dropped it. Later. So many guns later. Marco grabbed the first one that caught his blurry eye in the wreckage, the one Diego hadn’t been able to fire before Ace had pinned him. He could only imagine it made the explosions that destroyed the manor, even as Ace unloaded with everything he could find Diego hadn’t brought it to bear against him in such close quarters, but the other was empty. Everything else too far out of the way. The chandelier was dead in his path up the stairs where his bag was waiting and he had to have some protection with him. If he could, it was a lot of blood but they, he, he was alone but there were supplies, he wasn’t walking well, his body slumped lower into the railing every step he had to drag himself over and his hands were trembling but there were supplies in the bedroom and he could try to fix it. He couldn’t win, but he could lose less. Up in the bedroom he could rest, he could wait, he could…

At the top of the stairs he made the mistake of looking back.

The chaos of the lower level couldn’t be put into words. There was no describing it. There was no illustrating something so purposeless.

“I wanna win,

I want to go home,

And I wanna hole up and wait out the rest of this game in this fuckin’ manor.”

So unfair.

"I-

I wanna-

I wanna-

I wanna go home."

So rigged.

"I hid,

I mean,

I've known for,

I've seen what I want to be for so long and none of you ever…

I never...

Never lived.

Not really.

Not there,

Not here.

I want to go home."

“You never gave us a chance.”

Marco did not recognize the voice.

“Show us j-just...what you want us to see. ‘N hear. The worst.”

It sounded far away but in every direction. The words came slurred and were distorted with frequent sharp breaths, interruptions sounding like gasps or the sudden hesitance to hurl.

“Death and, cheating and, an...lying...every day. The worst. We never get...hear...we tried. I have, have to believe you don’t get that des...you have to try and, you lose…”

He was crying. Marco was able to tell himself he was crying through the nonsense speech he could barely recognize as his own when he collapsed in the master bedroom. He couldn’t get the words out clearly when it was hard to know if he was making them in the first place but the idea burned clear through the haze. The feeling swelling in Marco’s chest that didn’t have the fuel to make it all the way to anger couldn’t point itself to Ace or to Diego anymore than it had to Marceline. He couldn’t understand them past speculation, couldn’t forgive them, but he couldn’t hate them. They didn’t want this. They didn’t revel in it. They weren’t proud of what they’d done. They weren’t monsters. They were just people who had lost. He’d never get to know what, or how, or if they thought they could get it back, or...he just knew they lost.

Marco didn’t want to hurt them.

Marco had never wanted to hurt anyone. Not even the ones who deserved it.

There was only one person in the entire world Marco had ever really, truly wanted to hurt.

Across the room hung the same large cracked mirror Marco had used to do his make-up. Much of it was smudged now. The outfit he’d cut down to a more appropriate size was stained with blood, torn, flecks of wood and dust and who could say all else dotting all over. The person under it all was the same though, there was no avoiding that as he peeled his shirt away to reveal the scatter pattern of bullet wounds. Subtract them and he was not radically different than this morning: The reflection in the mirror hanging across from the bed was imperfect.

Plenty of room for improvement.

A half dozen iterations away from struggling to find flaws.

There was a smile reflecting back at him with kaleidoscope intensity through the cracks.

Lines so faded they could barely be seen began to itch on Marco’s left arm, and his right hand drifted from his bag to rub at them. The smile he saw was not the one he wore this morning, of course it wasn’t, he was delirious, in pain, struggling under the hopelessness that there was anything waiting for him one step further but putting off loss one more day and that, maybe that most of all was why, why the smile looked so familiar.

Why under his reflection no matter what futures he tried to see where it got better, he saw the only person in the world he had ever truly, really...no. Hurt wasn’t enough. He’d hurt her. He could have hurt her at any time. His nails were right there ready to dig into his flesh, he’d had larger, sharper blades to re-open old wounds in ways she never could have imagined being capable of, but Marco didn’t want to hurt her.

He wanted to kill her.

He’d been trying to kill her with every choice since he’d forced himself back on his feet after Kayla, and now he was dying. He was dying and when he was dead he, he thought of Princess. He thought of Marceline. Of Ace. He thought of stillness, and of hours spent under the lens of a camera, and how when everything that he had chosen to make himself Marco left this body with him, it would die with her reflection on his face.

Today, she wouldn’t stop smiling. Tomorrow, she wouldn’t stop smiling. Twenty years from now, she wouldn’t stop smiling. If he killed every person left she would still be alive inside him and she wouldn’t stop smiling. The hope, the progress, surgery, therapy, she wouldn’t stop smiling. When people wouldn’t stop saying her name, when there was no home to go back to because Marco didn’t have a home, or a family, or friends, or a life, Marco was just an imposter haunting them through the body of a dead girl, she wouldn’t stop smiling. As his vision got dark at the edges, as he couldn’t think straight, as his limbs were getting too heavy to hold up he could still see her clearer than anything else in the room and she wouldn’t stop smiling.

If there was no hope for anyone, if everyone here just lost and lost and kept soldiering on to be vilified until they died, if they didn’t have a chance with a goal so concrete and clear as ‘survive,’ why should he have any hope for conquering something so ephemeral?

Why keep fighting at all when he was so, so tired?

When she would never stop fucking smiling?

He screamed and pulled a trigger he was not fully aware was trembling under his finger.

There was a thunk, and for the barest split second the sound of glass shattering on impact.

B066: MARCO HART, DECEASED

And she stopped smiling.
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador

Return to “The Manor House”