Beyond Human (Barely Human)

Day 12. Private. You know why.

The gardens run from the leadership houses to the entrance of the manor house and formerly featured many winding paths, freshly cut grass, and an array of exotic plants from around the world. In the time since the community left the island, however, these features have all fallen into disuse. The grass is long and unkempt, and if one was to walk the paths they would have to step over many overgrown plants and debris that litter them or block the way. The other highly noticeable thing is that the gardens themselves have become overrun by devil's ivy which was introduced to the island by the leadership, who did not realize it was an invasive species.
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

"No."

He knew that look. He had worn it on his face a few days prior. It had been hotter then, stickier. There were still bits of blood and dirt left in his nails from then.

The rain continued pouring now. The wind ran around him, chilled him. Coldness crept into his veins, his bones. But this all looked so, so familiar. He could imagine what Marceline was going through right now.

He was so scared.

"Marcy, come on, I- I've been here before, I've done the exact same thing. It sucks, it sucks, I know, but- but, there's still Blaise, right? They're still out there."

It was such a weak reason to convince her to stay. But he didn't have any other good reasons, he couldn't think of any. That was the only one Marceline had given him, the only one on her own terms. All the other reasons he had were so selfish.

Don't leave me here.

Don't leave me alone.

No one else will have me.

Please.

"Please, come on, Marcy. Please."

The words came out needling, childish. He was pathetic.
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:
B083 - Diego Larrosa - Palayain mo na ako. - He didn't want this. say goodnight to the bad guy [10/159]
Current Theme Music: Devil Town (v1) - cavetown
Weapon: Tactical Combat Shovel
Previous Threads: Love & Money - before the day is done, my prince is gonna come - How Far I'll Go - Gimme, Gimme Shelter or I'm Gonna Fade Away - no one round here's good at keeping their eyes closed - Still Waiting - Hell is Other People - RICH_BOY_LIKES_IT_ROUGH.MP4 - I Don't Wanna Be Myself - The Bell Tolls For Our Funeral - The Gang Goes Out For Breakfast - Untrust Us - Crimewaves - Love itself is just as innocent as roses in May - Will All Be Forgiven? - black eyes looking up from below - Silent Key - it's ok we're just scared - life's alright in devil town - Beyond Human (Barely Human) - And Now Those Days Are Over and We Are All Ghosts - The Ultimate Test of Cerebral Fitness - Ang Pagbibinata ni Diego Larrosa - perverse verdict - Madness in the Method - park the car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me
Memories: Hiya sa Timog

G013 - Yuka Hayashibara (adopted from Ryuki!) - Does it spark joy? - She fixed up her look in one of a kind [46/159]
Current Theme Music: Play With Me - DDLC OST
Weapon: Bug-A-Salt Camofly 2.0 Insect Eradication Gun
Previous Threads: Quintessential Thinking - I Pray to the Lord You Reveal what His Truth is - all of our heroes fading - now i can't stand to be alone - Incredible Adventures - there's a pale imitation burnt in my eyes - Red Of Tooth And Claw - The Fifth Announcement - Low Times - Party Like It's 1999 - Hell and You - We're All Excited, We Don't Know Why, Maybe It's 'Cause, We're Gonna Die - Ron Gets a Bath As Well, Whether He Wants To or Not - No Exit
Pregame: In Vino Veritas - Shake It Out
Memories: Hayashibara Heart to Heart
Prom: Fear and Delight
Trip: Room 832: Welcome to the Witching Hour

G052 - Joanne Coleman (adopted from Cicada!) - I've got a thick skin and an elastic heart. - She tried to do something in Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death [116/159]
Current Theme Music: When You Die - MGMT
Weapon: George Hunter High School mascot costume
Previous Threads: hold on to this lullaby - Don't Stray Off The Path - D.R.E.A.M. - I'm Not That Nice, I'm Mean and I'm Evil - we keep these promises, write it in a letter
Pregame: You did not break me. I'm still fighting for peace. - Desperate Times - Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown - Do You Have The Time - i'm so 3008
Memories: I'm alright. I'm just fine. And you're a tool, so. - Make A New Cult Every Day

G075 - Aditi Sharma (adopted from Brackie! and somer!) - She failed in Yellow Light [88/159]
Weapon: Browning Hi Power 9mm
Previous Threads: Pandorama - Antisocial Darwinism - My Lucifer Is Lonely - They Couldn't Buy A Fucking Toaster. They're Broke, John.
[+] V6
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.
[+] V5
Dead:
B045 - Juhan Levandi - An Estonian wanna-be journalist with a fear of the dark who wanted to bring them all down in Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien [18/152]
Weapon: Party Bag (contains a noisemaker, party hat, two single-serving bags of candy, and a Hotwheels car)
Pre-Game Threads: Wiping All Out - Quixotic
Previous V5 Threads: Despair - The Real Folk Blues - The two people in the distance were Paulo and Becca - Mischief Managed - Sleeper Cell - Tell No Tales - So, How Was Your Day? - And I'm Not Sleeping Now - Intermission - Glass - A Manic Depressive Named Laughing Boy
G067 - Carmina Maliksi - A Filipina car junkie with a /slight/ obsession with Korea and Japan who has finished things up (somewhat) in Red as Blood [139/152]
Weapon: Non-Functional Flamethrower (left in the Clubhouse)
Previous V5 Threads: Finding Center - Wish I Could Breathe - The Visionary
Memories: Offended?
B054 - Oscar Trig (adopted from Greg the Anti-Viking) - An artist who desperately needs a pencil, paper and a cigar and thought with his heart in Fumble [76/152]
Weapon: Binoculars
Pregame Threads: Taking it to the Streets
Previous V5 Threads: Waking Up at the Beginning of Time - Steadier Footing - Handoff
[+] misc
[+] meirl
new resting place for chatsig never forget 2018
give my v8 kids friends pls
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

Marceline felt the hurt in Diego's voice, the desperation in his pleas. She knew what he was feeling, how much he wanted her to stay. Not because of Blaise like he claimed, but because he had clearly gained some strange fondness for her, for reasons that she couldn't possibly fathom. Maybe it was for some sort of selfish reason, maybe it was just because she had spent that one night with him without betraying him, but he clearly cared about her. She didn't deserve his kindness, she didn't deserve to have him care about her. She was a monster, a murderer, a vile, ugly creature that destroyed everything else she used to care about all in the name of keeping a promise to a girl who would never see its fruition. Yet, he cared about her anyway.

For a moment, she didn't want to leave.

That was when she knew that she had to, no matter how much it hurt.

Maybe that connection had already been formed between them, without her knowledge or consent. Parting with Diego would hurt, but it would only hurt more if she decided to stay and if she allowed herself to grow truly fond of him. She would lose him just like she did with everybody else. It was only natural. Everywhere she went she brought death, accidentally or otherwise. It was presumably only by the graces of some higher power that the death curse she had been afflicted by hadn't yet brought about her own demise.

She couldn't risk it, with Diego. She couldn't lose another person, again.

Without a word, she pulled the boy into another hug.

"I'm sorry," she whispered.

Marceline had never been good at goodbyes. She had never been good at dealing with loss in general, and leaving somebody behind, temporarily or not, was a sort of loss. Even if there was the promise of seeing them again, she still felt the weight of their absence. She wasn't built to be alone, and never was. She was afraid of isolation, afraid of being trapped with nobody but herself. This island had forced her to become more comfortable with it, allowed her to no longer feel that burning need for someone to be there, but she still wanted it. Something that ingrained into her very soul would not be changed, even in the inferno of this place.

She pulled back, her hands still on Diego's shoulders, and her eyes full of tears.

"Thank you for showing me kindness that I didn't deserve."

She knew that this was a mistake. She knew that staying with Diego was her best bet for continued survival, but she didn't care anymore. She had thought it over and over and over but it was still true, she couldn't go through this again. If she really wanted to win, then she would need to destroy what little remained of her humanity. Diego was the last thing standing in the way of that, his presence forcing her to remember that she was still a person and not just a monster, that she cared about other people, that she wanted to both love and be loved.

Even though she wanted to, she couldn't stay with him.

She bent down, picking up Roxanne's shotgun in one hand, specifically leaving the SPAS lying on the ground where it was. Then, she unzipped her bag and Diego's own bag in turn, spooning the ammunition for the weapon from one to the other with her hand. It would be her last gift, to the closest thing she had to a friend still left. Something for him to remember her by.

"Keep it. For safety."

She zipped her bag back up, before moving to collect Roxanne's own, and whatever supplies remained within. She began to walk away from Diego without another word, only to stop in her tracks and turn her head back to face him, one last time. He deserved a proper farewell.

"Thank you again, Diego. I'm sorry, again. Goodbye."

((Then, without another word, she turned and ran away, afraid that if she looked back again that she might never leave.))
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

Marceline shrank into the horizon as she continued her mile-long walk. Diego stood unmoving for several moments, watching. There was a feeling that if he moved, he would shatter. There was a feeling of defeat. There was a voice in his head telling him 'I told you so.'

The rain had soaked him, his belongings, her belongings thoroughly by the time he decided to enter the forest again. There had been someone else aside from Roxanne and Marceline in the gardens. He did not know where she'd gone off too. He did not wish to return to the manor.

Once the trees surrounded him, he kneeled down onto the muddy ground, dirt touching dirt, and sorted the extra bag he'd brought with him from the manor, scavenged the remains. Busy work was good at keeping his mind off things, usually.

It was quiet again, a silence imposed by someone else. He should have left her himself. He should have made the choice on his own. He didn't know if it would've mattered, if he would've felt any different, but he might have.

He was methodical in transferring the remnants of ration bars, bread, water, medical supplies to his own bag. He'd done this before, the other times he'd been left alone. He set aside Marceline's gift to him, laid it on the soil, and rearranged the items so everything could fit. His bag was beginning to bulge now, fabric struggling to hold in the remains of so many other lives. He managed. Marceline's gun and ammo was put back in last, on top of everything else. He moved the zipper, it struggled, stalled for a bit, and then it closed over everything. He was ready.

And then he closed his eyes.

Behind his eyelids, Marceline continued her eternal walk. It didn't matter. None of this mattered. Cam pulsated against his hands. He'd told himself this would happen, he knew this would fucking happen. Declyn blinked in and out of existence. No more allies he had said. No more allies he said. Ty gave him one last squeeze, bloody hand losing purchase on bloody hand. They all died anyways. They'd all die anyways. He pressed his hands to his face, he shook, he sobbed, he felt so spent. It didn't matter. It didn't matter. It meant nothing.

He collected himself later. He always did. He had no choice. He'd do the rest of this alone. No more allies. No more pain. He'd put the work in. He'd lean into it.

He zipped up the extra bag, left it, and walked off. Anywhere else would be fine.

((Diego Larrosa continues in And Now Those Days Are Over and We Are All Ghosts))
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:
B083 - Diego Larrosa - Palayain mo na ako. - He didn't want this. say goodnight to the bad guy [10/159]
Current Theme Music: Devil Town (v1) - cavetown
Weapon: Tactical Combat Shovel
Previous Threads: Love & Money - before the day is done, my prince is gonna come - How Far I'll Go - Gimme, Gimme Shelter or I'm Gonna Fade Away - no one round here's good at keeping their eyes closed - Still Waiting - Hell is Other People - RICH_BOY_LIKES_IT_ROUGH.MP4 - I Don't Wanna Be Myself - The Bell Tolls For Our Funeral - The Gang Goes Out For Breakfast - Untrust Us - Crimewaves - Love itself is just as innocent as roses in May - Will All Be Forgiven? - black eyes looking up from below - Silent Key - it's ok we're just scared - life's alright in devil town - Beyond Human (Barely Human) - And Now Those Days Are Over and We Are All Ghosts - The Ultimate Test of Cerebral Fitness - Ang Pagbibinata ni Diego Larrosa - perverse verdict - Madness in the Method - park the car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me
Memories: Hiya sa Timog

G013 - Yuka Hayashibara (adopted from Ryuki!) - Does it spark joy? - She fixed up her look in one of a kind [46/159]
Current Theme Music: Play With Me - DDLC OST
Weapon: Bug-A-Salt Camofly 2.0 Insect Eradication Gun
Previous Threads: Quintessential Thinking - I Pray to the Lord You Reveal what His Truth is - all of our heroes fading - now i can't stand to be alone - Incredible Adventures - there's a pale imitation burnt in my eyes - Red Of Tooth And Claw - The Fifth Announcement - Low Times - Party Like It's 1999 - Hell and You - We're All Excited, We Don't Know Why, Maybe It's 'Cause, We're Gonna Die - Ron Gets a Bath As Well, Whether He Wants To or Not - No Exit
Pregame: In Vino Veritas - Shake It Out
Memories: Hayashibara Heart to Heart
Prom: Fear and Delight
Trip: Room 832: Welcome to the Witching Hour

G052 - Joanne Coleman (adopted from Cicada!) - I've got a thick skin and an elastic heart. - She tried to do something in Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death [116/159]
Current Theme Music: When You Die - MGMT
Weapon: George Hunter High School mascot costume
Previous Threads: hold on to this lullaby - Don't Stray Off The Path - D.R.E.A.M. - I'm Not That Nice, I'm Mean and I'm Evil - we keep these promises, write it in a letter
Pregame: You did not break me. I'm still fighting for peace. - Desperate Times - Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown - Do You Have The Time - i'm so 3008
Memories: I'm alright. I'm just fine. And you're a tool, so. - Make A New Cult Every Day

G075 - Aditi Sharma (adopted from Brackie! and somer!) - She failed in Yellow Light [88/159]
Weapon: Browning Hi Power 9mm
Previous Threads: Pandorama - Antisocial Darwinism - My Lucifer Is Lonely - They Couldn't Buy A Fucking Toaster. They're Broke, John.
[+] V6
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.
[+] V5
Dead:
B045 - Juhan Levandi - An Estonian wanna-be journalist with a fear of the dark who wanted to bring them all down in Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien [18/152]
Weapon: Party Bag (contains a noisemaker, party hat, two single-serving bags of candy, and a Hotwheels car)
Pre-Game Threads: Wiping All Out - Quixotic
Previous V5 Threads: Despair - The Real Folk Blues - The two people in the distance were Paulo and Becca - Mischief Managed - Sleeper Cell - Tell No Tales - So, How Was Your Day? - And I'm Not Sleeping Now - Intermission - Glass - A Manic Depressive Named Laughing Boy
G067 - Carmina Maliksi - A Filipina car junkie with a /slight/ obsession with Korea and Japan who has finished things up (somewhat) in Red as Blood [139/152]
Weapon: Non-Functional Flamethrower (left in the Clubhouse)
Previous V5 Threads: Finding Center - Wish I Could Breathe - The Visionary
Memories: Offended?
B054 - Oscar Trig (adopted from Greg the Anti-Viking) - An artist who desperately needs a pencil, paper and a cigar and thought with his heart in Fumble [76/152]
Weapon: Binoculars
Pregame Threads: Taking it to the Streets
Previous V5 Threads: Waking Up at the Beginning of Time - Steadier Footing - Handoff
[+] misc
[+] meirl
new resting place for chatsig never forget 2018
give my v8 kids friends pls

Return to “The Gardens”