vegas4sure

Oneshot, day 2 night-time.

The leadership houses, while smaller than the manor house, are no less extravagant. Each one of the six seems to be competing with its neighbor to be as eye-catching as possible, with many different multicolored designs painted across and decorations adorning them. While the insides all share the same layouts, many different modifications have been made by the former occupants; some have added different furniture items, while some have gone so far as to redecorate the entire interiors of their houses, including one where the interior wall was removed and all seating and beds replaced with cushions.
Yugikun

vegas4sure

Post by Yugikun »

vegas4sure
A monologue of a murderer, told in 90 minutes.

Dramatis Personae:
THE GIRL given the number 31, currently feeling a high after what just happened.

The action takes place on the V7 Island.

For further explanation, come back after the story is over.

Scene:
A bedroom in one of the leadership houses. Not much is in view. There is a bed, a bedside table with a vase on top, and assorted cushions and blankets scattered around the room. Rain is audible outside the room as THE GIRL walks in, a slight saunter in her step as she finds the bed, drops the backpack she was holding, and allows her body to fall onto it. She spends roughly an hour lying on it, her expression falling from a smile to something that looks more irritated as time goes on. At one point, she gets off the bed, takes her chain whip from her pocket and places it in the bag, but this does nothing to change the look on her face. She is lying on the bed, looking upwards, when:

THE GIRL (elongating the word). Man…

THE GIRL sighs, her frustration evident with the force that takes over the sound. She stays in place, occasionally rolling around on the bed, but soon sighs again and moves to sit up, look directly at the audience.

THE GIRL. Okay. I’m bored.

She sucks in air, and her eyes seem transfixed on her mouth as she blows it all out. She takes a knife out of her pocket, and her gaze switches to that, but her eyes quickly move back to the camera as she places the knife back into her pocket.

THE GIRL. Okay. You guys wanna hear like, a story and stuff?

A pause.

THE GIRL. Well, less like a story and more like, uh, bit of background info or somethin’? Like, uh, how many of you guys out there watch Big Brother, huh?

She pauses. Waits for her audience to give her a response.

THE GIRL. Oh, wait, right. You guys can’t talk back. Well, like, you can, but it’s prolly not like I’m gonna hear you shoutin’ at your TV or your lappy or whatever. Anyway, like, I don’t really watch Big Brother feeds so really I might have no idea what I’m fuckin’ talkin’ ‘bout, but, like, I knew some people who had the time to watch feeds once and somethin’ those guys told me was that, like, sometimes people on the show just kinda talk to the cameras once in a while to tell people what they were doin’ and stuff? Like, iunno, you could prolly just go to the diary room to say that stuff so that you can do that without gettin’ caught but like, I guess if you really wanna get that stuff out there that’s one way to do it?

Nothing more is said, for a moment. The girl closes her mouth and sloshes her tongue around the inside of it, for a couple of seconds.

THE GIRL. Blegh. Kinda hard to go talk when you haven’t had a lot of water but, uh, yeah. That’s what I’m gonna do. Don’t think there’s like, a television show of this so (her voice takes on a slightly more chipper tone) I’ll tell you guys what I’m doin’ ‘cause I really don’t have that much better to do right now. Like, I know I’m supposed ta go snooze ‘round this time’a day but I’m not really tired so, like, I dunno. I’ll just like, yap my head off and wake up the neighbors until I like, conk myself out, maybe. Hopefully that works.

Another pause.

THE GIRL. Maybe I’ll say now that I’ll like, jack off or take off my clothes and stuff so that anyone watchin’ live can like, come in and watch me bait them into watching me talk about myself because they’ll think that they can jack off by the end of it. Haven’t lived the cocktease life before, but, like…

She sticks out her tongue.

THE GIRL. Iunno. Probably gettin’, uh, beside the point there. Anyway. You probably saw me, like, stab the shit out of Reub earlier today and you’re prolly like ‘whoh, shit, this Roj-ass girl kinda like, flipped her shit outta nowhere, what was that all about?’ and a couple more of you are gonna be like ‘hey, why’d she even try ta pair up with that dweeb in the first place? They had, like, no chemistry or showmance potential or anythin’ like that,’ and like, yeah, I’ll give you answers to those questions. Just have ta, um… actually I kinda didn’t realize I probably just killed him back there. Lemme, uh, figure out how I feel about that.

She pauses, seemingly in thought, for a moment.

THE KILLER. Anyway, y’probably wanna know why I did that, so- nah, that doesn’t work, lemme like, do some more internal shit for a bit.

She pauses. Again, it seems as if she’s in thought.

THE SHARK. Okay. Yeah. This works better. Anyway, since you wanna know, the reason I joined up with him? The reason I like, decided to fuckin’ stab him like a bitch at the end there?

She slaps her hands against the bed repeatedly, imitating a drumroll.

THE SHARK. The reason is… (long pause) I... felt like it!

She sticks her tongue out again.

THE SHARK. Yeah okay you probably want somethin’ more than that. Lemme see if I can like, give a shit enough to like, spin a yarn and stuff.

She looks at the floor, for two or three minutes.

THE SHARK. Okay, dunno if there’s much I can really pick out so I’ll just like, start from the beginning. I, like, woke up where you guys saw me woke up — map said it was a temple but iunno how the fuck you’re supposed to pray in there — just kinda bust a gut on how fuckin’ stupid everything was and in the middle of that Reub came in. Said hi. I said hi back, we got to talkin’ a little, and eventually when… one of us, I don’t know dropped the big bomb of ‘yo, what you gonna do now that you’re on Survival of the Fittest’ Reub was pretty quickly down to like, do bad shit. Said he wanted to be a big fish and figured that the only way he could really be a big fish was like, stick his knife in people.

A pause. She scrunches her mouth, slightly.

THE SHARK. Thinkin’ about it that was prolly the first sign that he was like, a super stinky fish. Like, dude was down to kill people fuckin’ immediately. Like, I didn’t even need ta like, slowly make him sink until he was willin’ to kill for me. Dude wanted to shank people from the get go. Kinda made him pretty simple. Anyway…

She swallows some spit. Sloshes her tongue around some more.

THE SHARK. Anyway, he was like ‘yo, I wanna fuckin’ shank some people’ and I was like ‘yo, I’m totally down to help out there.’ Dunno what he thought of that ultimately; like, whether he thought I legit wanted to help him or whether he knew I would’ve really just been ‘yo, let’s group up’ to the first person to come up to me. Probably the second. He kinda knew from the start that it was more of an alliance than like, a legit friendship. Anyway, we decide ‘yo, let’s become Bonnie and Clyde,’ think up a plan for a quick hustle, then go out t’find the best place to do the hustle.

She pauses. Giggles.

THE SHARK. You, uh, kinda saw what came out of that. We just went, like, all round this fuckin’ place actin’ like Team Rocket. (pause) Well, not really like Team Rocket because we like, fuckin’ owned all the people we came across but at the time, but we kinda got it in our heads that we were, I think. Iunno — f’some reason I got it in my head that we needed t’like, step up and be better than we were and I’m pretty sure you guys all know by now that Reuben got the same way but… really I was fuckin’ flyin’ high there. Like, if Reub didn’t just fly off the handle at me I’d’ve been set up for like, literally my whole life. I was in with him, we were doin’ a pretty good job at proving... Darwin? Darwin right, and I’m pretty sure I was like, one or two days away from gettin’ like, in in with him, y’know? Like, I bet if we found this room (she looks around) and like, today was tomorrow and I was horny I coulda like, pushed it on him, y’know? Like, vibe I got from him is that he’d probably never been laid and he probably super wanted to get laid ‘fore he died so, like, I bet if I stayed pretty and like, kept the pressure on him he would’ve gone for it. Prolly would’ve been pretty good, too. Maybe. Never done anythin’ like this before so, like, if I did somethin’ here it’d be like, a new first time, y’know?

Another giggle.

THE SHARK. Sidenote, if there are any, like, fellow ho ladies out there. If there’s a dude you wanna do the dirty with and he doesn’t have a girl of his own just, like, do it with him. Like, dudes are fucking horny. They’re down with anyone so long as they deliver. You want someone? Just like, ditch the chess stuff and just like, put your hands on him. Get real close. Guarantee. Works nearly every time.

The giggle evolves into a full on laugh and THE SHARK is incapicated for a few minutes as she falls back onto the bed. Eventually, it seems as if she is able to collect herself, and she sits back up again.

THE SHARK. Anyway, you, uh, kinda saw what just happened back just then as well. Turns out the sayin’ is right: all good things do come to an end. Like, we were doin’ pretty good as was but I guess Reub wanted t’be like, the fuckin’ blue whale or somethin’? Iunno. Still don’t really get what that was all about. Also don’t really get why what I said was the reason he decided to ditch me. Like, he knew that before, right? Like, it was pretty obvious and stuff, so, like…

A pause. THE SHARK puts her head in her hands.

THE SHARK. Don’t really matter, though. You guys prolly don’t care ‘bout him now that he’s like, dead and stuff. Y’probably just wanna know, like, why I decided to try and choke him out and stuff, so, like… (she snorts) y’really wanna know why?

Beat. Drumroll, from THE SHARK.

THE SHARK. Okay, so, can’t quite remember what he said, but like… right at the end right as he tried ta turn his back on me he was like ‘okay, girl, you’re gonna be the fuckin’ death of me,’ and I was right there, had the chain all wrapped up ‘round my hands already so I was like ‘hey, you literally just asked for it…’

She both snorts and chuckles as her gaze falls once more to the floor. She then snaps up, looking at the audience again.

THE SHARK. But really, like, I dunno. Kinda always meant to fuckin’ stab that dude at the end. Like, two reasons there, a: he’s prolly gonna try and stab me first so really doin’ it’d be self defense and b: he, like, was really, really into that whole ‘I wanna be the big fish’ thing. Wanted to give him a smile and a message, y’know? Like, hey, you wanted to be the big fish, you wanted to like, eat all the other fish so that you could like, absorb their bigness, right?

THE SHARK leans in towards the camera and raises her hands to her shoulders, both thumbs pointing at herself.

THE SHARK. Well, bad news, boy. The shark was circling ‘round you all that fuckin’ time.

She cackles. Falls onto the bed again although stops earlier, this time. Lets herself stare at the ceiling, for a bit, before getting back up.

THE SHARK. But, uh, yeah. That’s everythin’. I figure, uh, you guys have two more questions you’d wanna get from me here, so like, guess I’ll say what they are and then answer them.

Silence. THE SHARK awaits a response from her audience.

THE SHARK. Okay. Question one: why are you doin’, like, literally fuckin’ everythin’ you’re doin’? We, ah, seriously don’t know, dude. The answer to that question is...

One last drumroll from THE SHARK.

THE SHARK. That’s for me to know and you to find out. Question dos: what’cha gon’ do next, sister? Seriously, we’re at the edge of our seats in like, anticipation and stuff. The answer to that is…

She giggles. Smiles. Sticks her tongue out.

THE GIRL. You’re just gonna have to wait and see.

A laugh, before she stops paying attention to the audience. She gets up, picks up her bag, and places it under the bed. She tears off the bedsheets, gets under them, and lets them drop on top of her. It appears as if she falls asleep, but ten minutes later there is the sound of ruffling and a small, droning sound that comes from her mouth. This continues until the curtains close over the stage, and intermission is announced. The audience stands up and moves to do other things. THE GIRL stays where she is, as the first act ends.

Return to “Leadership Houses”