Paths of Glory

Day 9 Morning. Open

The water treatment chamber is the largest of the three intensive care rooms. Cold and uninviting, it has a tiled floor and partly tiled walls with a few drains to ensure any spillage can be easily handled. Multiple metal tubs are spread throughout the room, some of them flipped onto their sides or overturned to assist in draining, others left sitting flat. All of them, however, are covered in grime, and a number still have murky water floating in them. In the back of the water treatment room, through some heavy doors, is a shower and changing area for the doctors and nurses tasked with administering the treatment. Despite featuring a couple of wooden benches and hooks to hang clothes on, it is as unwelcoming as the rest of the area.
Slam

Post by Slam »

Nate watched Clarice without a word as she went through one of his few remaining water bottles. Naturally, he didn't object, because Clarice obviously needed it more than he did. He probably wouldn't get through that much more water anyway, considering however much longer he had left.

He nodded in response to Clarice's plans to leave, but didn't reply immediately. He thought about what might happen, if he went with yet another person. Would he wander off again? Could he trust himself not to ditch Clarice when he felt like things were getting hard?

Maybe, maybe not. But that wasn't why he decided not to follow her. There was still someone he had to meet, and he wasn't sure he wanted to bring someone along with him. Maybe he didn't want them to be put in harm's way; maybe he just didn't want to slow them down. He wasn't sure why, but he could at least make his mind up.

"Thanks, but I'm going to look around here some more. I hope you find who you're looking for, though."

He offered her another smile. A sad one, as he thought about when they might next meet. Or rather, not.

"Stay safe?"
My V8 Relationship Thread!
[+] Dead V7 Kids
B035: LUCAS BRADY - Had Enough - 1 - 2 - 3- 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9
G002: ELISABETH "LIZZIE" LEBOWSKI - "You've been a great audience." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Lucas Brady - Facebook!Lucas - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6
Elisabeth "Lizzie" Lebowski - "My parents told me to make a good signature, so I signed a note promising I would do it later." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

Clarice tried to smile back. It didn't quite work.

"Fuck safety. It ain't gonna get me anywhere I want to be."

With that, she left.

((Clarice Halwood continued elsewhere.))
Slam

Post by Slam »

Nate's sad smile remained as Clarice left the room.

He sat there a while longer.

Then he followed suit.

((Nate Turner continued in 友達))
My V8 Relationship Thread!
[+] Dead V7 Kids
B035: LUCAS BRADY - Had Enough - 1 - 2 - 3- 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9
G002: ELISABETH "LIZZIE" LEBOWSKI - "You've been a great audience." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Lucas Brady - Facebook!Lucas - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6
Elisabeth "Lizzie" Lebowski - "My parents told me to make a good signature, so I signed a note promising I would do it later." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

Return to “Water Treatment”