Red As Blood

Open - PM before entering

A veritable Garden of Eden, the highest point of the woodlands gives way to a large clearing comprised of only a handful of lush trees and a large field of bright wildflowers. Also offering a beautiful view of the island, it’s the perfect place to plan one’s next move and an even lovelier place to die.
Maraoone

Red As Blood

Post by Maraoone »

((Note: This thread actually starts in the woods surrounding the peak clearing. Carmina's far enough from the clearing that she can't quite see it yet.))

(Carmina Maliksi continues from The Visionary)

Run.

This was the only word running in Carmina's head.

Faster.

Her lungs were starting to burn already. Her feet didn't feel like feet anymore. They felt more like lumps of meat attached to her legs. Her stomach was screaming, begging her to stop. Yet every other part of her body kept on pushing her more and more. She had run so far, and so fast, yet she couldn't get away from Joachim and Jaq- no, they didn't have any names anymore. They didn't deserve names if they were willing to play into this game. She was scared of them, that was true. But she was also furious at them and at herself. Furious at them for betraying her. And furious at herself for being such an idiot. She was in one of the few scenarios where she could trust no one, and yet she did exactly that.

She didn't expect that people would start playing so soon, but look at what's happening now.   Her energy was running out. A few minutes more and she'd collapse. She couldn't afford that. Not at all. She was running out of options. She had no weapon to fight them with. She couldn't come near them and disarm them since she'd either get shot or stabbed. Begging them for mercy would be useless. So she pushed away all thoughts, all regrets, everything and focused on just one thing.

Run.
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:
B083 - Diego Larrosa - Palayain mo na ako. - He didn't want this. say goodnight to the bad guy [10/159]
Current Theme Music: Devil Town (v1) - cavetown
Weapon: Tactical Combat Shovel
Previous Threads: Love & Money - before the day is done, my prince is gonna come - How Far I'll Go - Gimme, Gimme Shelter or I'm Gonna Fade Away - no one round here's good at keeping their eyes closed - Still Waiting - Hell is Other People - RICH_BOY_LIKES_IT_ROUGH.MP4 - I Don't Wanna Be Myself - The Bell Tolls For Our Funeral - The Gang Goes Out For Breakfast - Untrust Us - Crimewaves - Love itself is just as innocent as roses in May - Will All Be Forgiven? - black eyes looking up from below - Silent Key - it's ok we're just scared - life's alright in devil town - Beyond Human (Barely Human) - And Now Those Days Are Over and We Are All Ghosts - The Ultimate Test of Cerebral Fitness - Ang Pagbibinata ni Diego Larrosa - perverse verdict - Madness in the Method - park the car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me
Memories: Hiya sa Timog

G013 - Yuka Hayashibara (adopted from Ryuki!) - Does it spark joy? - She fixed up her look in one of a kind [46/159]
Current Theme Music: Play With Me - DDLC OST
Weapon: Bug-A-Salt Camofly 2.0 Insect Eradication Gun
Previous Threads: Quintessential Thinking - I Pray to the Lord You Reveal what His Truth is - all of our heroes fading - now i can't stand to be alone - Incredible Adventures - there's a pale imitation burnt in my eyes - Red Of Tooth And Claw - The Fifth Announcement - Low Times - Party Like It's 1999 - Hell and You - We're All Excited, We Don't Know Why, Maybe It's 'Cause, We're Gonna Die - Ron Gets a Bath As Well, Whether He Wants To or Not - No Exit
Pregame: In Vino Veritas - Shake It Out
Memories: Hayashibara Heart to Heart
Prom: Fear and Delight
Trip: Room 832: Welcome to the Witching Hour

G052 - Joanne Coleman (adopted from Cicada!) - I've got a thick skin and an elastic heart. - She tried to do something in Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death [116/159]
Current Theme Music: When You Die - MGMT
Weapon: George Hunter High School mascot costume
Previous Threads: hold on to this lullaby - Don't Stray Off The Path - D.R.E.A.M. - I'm Not That Nice, I'm Mean and I'm Evil - we keep these promises, write it in a letter
Pregame: You did not break me. I'm still fighting for peace. - Desperate Times - Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown - Do You Have The Time - i'm so 3008
Memories: I'm alright. I'm just fine. And you're a tool, so. - Make A New Cult Every Day

G075 - Aditi Sharma (adopted from Brackie! and somer!) - She failed in Yellow Light [88/159]
Weapon: Browning Hi Power 9mm
Previous Threads: Pandorama - Antisocial Darwinism - My Lucifer Is Lonely - They Couldn't Buy A Fucking Toaster. They're Broke, John.
[+] V6
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.
[+] V5
Dead:
B045 - Juhan Levandi - An Estonian wanna-be journalist with a fear of the dark who wanted to bring them all down in Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien [18/152]
Weapon: Party Bag (contains a noisemaker, party hat, two single-serving bags of candy, and a Hotwheels car)
Pre-Game Threads: Wiping All Out - Quixotic
Previous V5 Threads: Despair - The Real Folk Blues - The two people in the distance were Paulo and Becca - Mischief Managed - Sleeper Cell - Tell No Tales - So, How Was Your Day? - And I'm Not Sleeping Now - Intermission - Glass - A Manic Depressive Named Laughing Boy
G067 - Carmina Maliksi - A Filipina car junkie with a /slight/ obsession with Korea and Japan who has finished things up (somewhat) in Red as Blood [139/152]
Weapon: Non-Functional Flamethrower (left in the Clubhouse)
Previous V5 Threads: Finding Center - Wish I Could Breathe - The Visionary
Memories: Offended?
B054 - Oscar Trig (adopted from Greg the Anti-Viking) - An artist who desperately needs a pencil, paper and a cigar and thought with his heart in Fumble [76/152]
Weapon: Binoculars
Pregame Threads: Taking it to the Streets
Previous V5 Threads: Waking Up at the Beginning of Time - Steadier Footing - Handoff
[+] misc
[+] meirl
new resting place for chatsig never forget 2018
give my v8 kids friends pls
Riki

Post by Riki »

[Joachim Lovelace, continued from The Visionary]

Hunting Carmina through the forest had a interesting effect on Joachim. He was not a particulary athletic boy. Nor was he very unfit. Average, nothing special. So someone could expect he would run out of breath at some point. Well, he did start to feel a little pain in his sides and he already began sweating.

Yet it did not stop him. In fact, these little sensations almost felt as natural as walking. Or running, in this case.

All because his mind was obsessed with one thing. Kill Carmina. Every thought that did not contribute to that goal was banished.

Fortunately for him, he did not lose track of his target. Joachim managed to keep her in his eyesight, but due to the nature of the woods, he could not come near her. Thus he also could not safely hit her with the ballistic knife. Maybe Jaq could shoot her, but he had not hear her doing that untill now, so he figured that she'll try to land a hit when the trees are not that much of a bother anymore.

Speaking of trees, Joachim noticed where they are going. It was going upwards, thus they likely ran to the peak clearing.

Excellent.
Gervais Frans Lambotte 🎵 Blue Jeans and Bloody Tears 🎵 Martini-Henry Rifle MkIV Pattern
||Selection|Clicks|Lonely|
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
O B014 Joachim Lovelace - Ballistic Knife, MP 18, Obsidian Knife - "It doesn't matter. They lost, he lost, I'll lose. That's the nature of the game."
O G042 Aileen Aurora Abdallah - Pair of MMA Gloves, Golf Club & Table Leg -
B059 David Zimmer - Sabre -
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
umop-ap!sdn†

Post by umop-ap!sdn† »

((Jaquilyn Locke continued from The Visionary))

Two on one. The game of cats and mouse was even more one sided by this mouses inability to hide in the walls. It was just a game to see who would make the first misstep. The girl was on the run. Joachim was hot in pursuit, and Jaquilyn wasn't far behind. She couldn't afford to trip, or even stumble for that matter. Two was greater than one. Two minds united by a common goal were even better. Should one of them fail, there was backup. Should one of them need assistance, assistance was available.

As she rose her knees to climb the hill, gravity tried harder to slow her down. She couldn't stop, she couldn't be stopped. They were on a fucking island, the girl would run out of places to run. She would make it a lot easier on herself if she would just stop. Her game was over. She was another twenty four hours that the students could live for. She was a full day of relief. She was a break from the fear that they lived in.

Jaq's legs kicked into a higher gear. Joachim's back was still in sight, she could only hope that this girl was tiring out. Every minute she was alive could be the minute that killed them. Enough of those minutes had taken their toll on her sanity, the one that would take her life would never come. She wasn't going to let some psycho kill her, but she sure as fuck wasn't going to let the terrorists take her life either.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler umop-ap!sdn. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

They didn't seem tired. And she was already running out of adrenaline.

Carmina started praying to live, for a miracle, any miracle. Because she needed to live. She had a family that was waiting for her. She'd trusted in Him, believed in Him. Sure, she made mistakes. She'd been very rude at times, but she asked for forgiveness. Why should she have to die so early? And in such a brutal way? She didn't want to end up on the announcements, she couldn't! She was trying to save the rest of her high school, for goodness sakes. Was He trying to stop that? Was this her punishment for all her sins?

Her heart dropped when she saw what was up ahead.

The peak clearing was beautiful. If she was to die (which she was still in deep denial about), this would be where she'd spend her final moments. It was exactly how she pictured heaven. The flowers and the trees looked like something straight out of a painting. She also got to see the entire island, from sea to sea. It was beautiful. But it was also exactly what she didn't need at this point.

She had wondered for the first few minutes why they hadn't shot her. Then, she realized that the dangerous terrain that could trip her up at any moment was also her saving grace. It was hard to get a clear shot on her due to all the trees. If she ran up there, she'd be painting a bullseye on her back. So she made a turn to the left and headed back into the trees.
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:
B083 - Diego Larrosa - Palayain mo na ako. - He didn't want this. say goodnight to the bad guy [10/159]
Previous Threads: Love & Money - before the day is done, my prince is gonna come - How Far I'll Go - Gimme, Gimme Shelter or I'm Gonna Fade Away - no one round here's good at keeping their eyes closed - Still Waiting - Hell is Other People - RICH_BOY_LIKES_IT_ROUGH.MP4 - I Don't Wanna Be Myself - The Bell Tolls For Our Funeral - The Gang Goes Out For Breakfast - Untrust Us - Crimewaves - Love itself is just as innocent as roses in May - Will All Be Forgiven? - black eyes looking up from below - Silent Key - it's ok we're just scared - life's alright in devil town - Beyond Human (Barely Human) - And Now Those Days Are Over and We Are All Ghosts - The Ultimate Test of Cerebral Fitness - Ang Pagbibinata ni Diego Larrosa - perverse verdict - Madness in the Method - park the car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me

G013 - Yuka Hayashibara (adopted from Ryuki!) - Does it spark joy? - She fixed up her look in one of a kind [46/159]
Previous Threads: Quintessential Thinking - I Pray to the Lord You Reveal what His Truth is - all of our heroes fading - now i can't stand to be alone - Incredible Adventures - there's a pale imitation burnt in my eyes - Red Of Tooth And Claw - The Fifth Announcement - Low Times - Party Like It's 1999 - Hell and You - We're All Excited, We Don't Know Why, Maybe It's 'Cause, We're Gonna Die - Ron Gets a Bath As Well, Whether He Wants To or Not - No Exit

G052 - Joanne Coleman (adopted from Cicada!) - I've got a thick skin and an elastic heart. - She tried to do something in Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death [116/159]
Previous Threads: hold on to this lullaby - Don't Stray Off The Path - D.R.E.A.M. - I'm Not That Nice, I'm Mean and I'm Evil - we keep these promises, write it in a letter
Pregame: You did not break me. I'm still fighting for peace. - Desperate Times - Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown - Do You Have The Time - i'm so 3008
Memories: I'm alright. I'm just fine. And you're a tool, so. - Make A New Cult Every Day

G075 - Aditi Sharma (adopted from Brackie! and somer!) - She failed in Yellow Light [88/159]
Previous Threads: Pandorama - Antisocial Darwinism - My Lucifer Is Lonely - They Couldn't Buy A Fucking Toaster. They're Broke, John.
[+] V6
V6 Characters:
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
[+] V5
Dead:
B045 - Juhan Levandi - An Estonian wanna-be journalist with a fear of the dark who wanted to bring them all down in Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien [18/152]
Weapon: Party Bag (contains a noisemaker, party hat, two single-serving bags of candy, and a Hotwheels car)
Previous V5 Threads: Despair - The Real Folk Blues - The two people in the distance were Paulo and Becca - Mischief Managed - Sleeper Cell - Tell No Tales - So, How Was Your Day? - And I'm Not Sleeping Now - Intermission - Glass - A Manic Depressive Named Laughing Boy
G067 - Carmina Maliksi - A Filipina car junkie with a /slight/ obsession with Korea and Japan who has finished things up (somewhat) in Red as Blood [139/152]
B054 - Oscar Trig (adopted from Greg the Anti-Viking) - An artist who desperately needs a pencil, paper and a cigar and thought with his heart in Fumble [76/152]
Previous V5 Threads: Waking Up at the Beginning of Time - Steadier Footing - Handoff
[+] misc
[+] meirl
Riki

Post by Riki »

Joachim was a bit surprised when Carmina took a left turn. Pleasantly surprised, though. It showed that Carmina was smart enough to know that entering the clearing would put her into a severe disadvantage. And quite honestly, Joachim prefered it that way. If it weren't difficult to kill his target, he would not feel right. Empty, so to say. But it was hard work. Physically, but he also mentally, somehow.

A laconic smile crept on his face as he turned left too. He spent more energy to accelerate. The trees were still a bother, but he believed that they were sparse enough. He got closer to Carmina.

Thus he fired his knife.
Gervais Frans Lambotte 🎵 Blue Jeans and Bloody Tears 🎵 Martini-Henry Rifle MkIV Pattern
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
O B014 Joachim Lovelace - Ballistic Knife, MP 18, Obsidian Knife - "It doesn't matter. They lost, he lost, I'll lose. That's the nature of the game."
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
umop-ap!sdn†

Post by umop-ap!sdn† »

Fucking trees. Fucking plants. Fucking random roots making it hard to stay balanced. The running was bad, but the delay of completing the deed was far worse. Every moment that nobody died was another moment they might blow up. Every second was a thousand of those moments. Now, having to physically exhaust herself in a race against the clock in which she didn't even know the exact deadline, was hell.

She knew she probably still had some time before twenty four hours would be up, but she didn't know how much. It might be two hours, it might be six hours, it might be twelve hours, it might be two minutes. Every second she went not having witnesses a death was an eternity of not knowing her fate. If she could just be granted this one little sin to grant herself and Joachim twenty four hours of assured life, not having to worry when the clock would run out, not having to hope somebody else would pull through, she might be able to feel calm again. Time was cruel. Living in fear was not an option anymore.

She looked back up and saw the other two make hard left turns. Jaquilyn started to cut left, hoping to cut a corner on her way to catch up with them. Joachim was just a few yards ahead, he raised his weapon and she heard the click. She held her breath and took shorter, lighter steps, listening for the sound of the knife hitting something. She'd seen the distance it was capable of going. It would surely strike something before the ground. Wood or flesh? Thud, or thwack?
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler umop-ap!sdn. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

Carmina looked behind her to see whether they were catching up. He then saw Joachim's face and noticed him smirk. Why would he be smil-

click

thwack

Carmina immediately fell over on the ground.

No no no, get up, get u-

A blood-curdling scream reverberated throughout the forest.

Oh god, god, there's blood it hurts it's burning. It's leaking down my back it's everywhere it's everywhere.

Another scream resounded through the forest.

Can I move?

She attempted to lift herself up, to bend her knees, to wiggle her toes. She strained.. but nothing worked. She could definitely move her arms and swivel her head. But her legs? They wouldn't move wouldn't work wouldn't get up come legs just work work work please.

She looked behind her and saw Joachim coming towards her, with Jaquilyn close behind.

It was over.
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:

[+] V6
V6 Characters:
[+] V5
Dead:
[+] misc
[+] meirl
Riki

Post by Riki »

Joachim could not deny the rush of massive satisfaction he felt when the blade hit Carmina. He also could not deny the euphoria he felt when Carmina fell down. He abruptly halted, briefly looked over at Jaq, smiled - it was not a 'slasher smile', more like the smile of someone who just achieved an accomplishment - and then returned his focus on Carmina, slowly walking towards her.

What happened then was not what Joachim expected.

In his mind, he figured that he would hit her and she would fall to the ground. Then he would go over her, be calm and gentle and offer to mercy kill her, so that the pain of dying won't be much of a bother to her. Maybe she would say no, and Joachim would convince her that it killing her quickly would be for the best or maybe she would already say yes. Then he would take the knife and slit her throat because that is how people die quickly in books, games and movies. And he would do that efficiently, without any emotions interfering. In the end, Jaq would have been happy, Joachim would have proven his usefulness and Carmina would die a painless death.

But, alas, nothing in life goes as planned.

Each step, it seemed, made Joachim have thoughts of doubt, uncertainty and eventually, when he managed to see her face, a hint of guilt.

He killed a human. No, he murdered a human. An innocent, young girl, robbed of her future. And Joachim was the one with her blood on his hands. Hell, he even enjoyed hunting her...

Monster.

No, that was not how he was supposed to feel.

Beast.

It was Jaquilyn's fault. She was the one giving orders.

Demon.

He decided to give up all responsibility to Jaq, so that he must not feel guilt or doubt anymore.

Fuck.

Joachim has reached Carmina and pulled the blade out in a swift motion. At least he tried to. He only managed to get it fully out on the second time.

"M...myapologies."

That did not sound as calm and stable as he planned. He swiftly stood up, fixating his gaze on the crimson tip of the blade. Then he briefly looked at Carmina with a sorrowful face before turning around to Jaq.

Joachim walked towards her.

"She's... dyi...dea..."

He passed his partner into the woods. His walk became a run. He needed to be away, away from Carmina.

[Joachim Lovelace, continued in Beauty]
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
umop-ap!sdn†

Post by umop-ap!sdn† »

The chase was over. The girl was down. The team had accomplished their goal. They had twenty four hours starting with Carmina's last heartbeat.

Twenty four hours in which rescue would hopefully arrive. Twenty three hours until they would have to start worrying about the next death. That was a long time, maybe they would see or hear about something before then. So long as they budgeted their time appropriately, they would be fine. One of them would be rescued, the other would win the game.

Joachim smiled, looking proud of his deed. Horror crept through Jaquilyn's veins like ice. What the hell. He's going to stab this girl, leave her for dead, and then celebrate? What the hell happens next Joachim? Was she supposed to deliver some kind of "coup de grâce" now? So that she would be the killer, and he could stay innocent? Was she going to be the one to get rescued, or the one to win? Was she going to take the one in one hundred something odds to try and protect this kid she'd only started talking to yesterday? He'd so easily changed his mind into attacking Carmina, was Jaq even safe with him? What was she sticking around for?

She took her own steps towards Carmina, afraid. Carmina had been so brave this entire time. She'd been brave enough to have had a few encounters with different students, she'd been brave enough to stay behind from her group to watch the club house, she'd been brave enough to invite Joachim and Jaquilyn inside.

She was probably scared now. The horrible screams were weakening. She was bleeding out in the middle of the woods, on an island they didn't even know the location of, and the only two people around to be with her in her last moments had just successfully maimed her. Carmina had every reason to be scared.

Jaquilyn stepped towards the girl, who Joachim had pronounced "dying" before taking off. It didn't matter, the plan. It did, but right now somebody else needed to be rescued from their fear. This girl was going to die, she had to.

She was sorry for all of this. This wasn't what she wanted. She wanted a quick bullet in the head to feel guilty about. She didn't want to see the girl struggle, suffer, and bleed out. She wanted to be the bad guy, but not the terrorist. She wanted to be the bad cop, she'd wanted to be the scapegoat, but everybody had just gone and made everything so hard. Carmina wasn't going easily, and Joachim wasn't being innocent. Everybody had a role this morning, and nobody had stuck to it.

"I'm sorry for scaring you..." That much was true. She might have been sorry for ordering her death too, but she at least knew she was sorry for the fear. "We're all scared."

Jaq kneeled down, laying the gun down next to Carmina's face and putting her hand on the girl's shoulder. Her other hand stayed on the gun.

"I can make it over for you... Just... calm down... and... try not to be afraid..." The gun lifted back up and directed itself towards Carmina's head.

Death didn't have to be hell. If there were necessary evils in this game, there had to be some ways to make it better.

The safety clicked off.

She couldn't do it. It wasn't her life to take, nor hers to give. The girl had to die. The girl was going to die. Carmina was going to feel no more pain nor fear. Her finder slowly moved back to the curved metal trigger, flinching as it touched her fingertip. Carmina would die, but she would at least never know this feeling.

"Ready?"
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

What's he doing what's he doing? Nononono-

She bit her tongue and made it bleed when he pulled out the blade twice. She started losing even more blood. At this point, the bottom half of her pink shirt was dripping with blood, oozing with it. Tears started falling down her eyes when she heard Joachim again.

Apologies?

Part of Carmina wanted to spit on Joachim's face. But the other part of Carmina was very, very aware that this would never be possible for her, ever.

She couldn't see his expression, but she noted that there was actual remorse in his words. Then Jaq offered a mercy kill. Carmina tried pushing away the pain and the fact that she was covered in blood, but the horror was still clouding her thoughts.

This situation was not what she had been expecting. She didn't expect them to have mercy. She expected a bang, and then instant death.

She remembered a Filipino saying which translated to "Regret always comes last." She guessed that this saying also applied to her attackers. They were trying to make up for something which would stain them for the rest of their lives.

That part about them being scared was obvious. It was just a shame they'd given in so quickly.

Carmina was now about to make the last and probably the most important decision of her life.

Oh yes, she wanted the pain to stop. She wanted the burning, the agony, the blood, the fear to go away. She wanted to float away from her crippled body now. She wanted to meet Him as soon as possible.

But was she finished here yet?

No. She couldn't settle everything, but she could finish a few things. She sure as hell wouldn't be able to forgive Jaq and Joachim. She wasn't that type of person and she still hated them with a passion. But she could pretend to accept their apologies. Offer them some peace. Also, her family. She wanted her last moments to be meaningful, not spent crying and hoping for a miracle which, in all likelihood, would never come.

So which was better?

She took in a deep, ragged breath. It was already becoming difficult to speak and even breathe.

"I... I... no. I need... to talk... with them... my family. Also, the.. peak clearing.. I want.. to see it. Look... I.. I.. it's OK. I understand. Can you... just.. do me one.. last favor? Just.. just bring.. me... there.. near a camera. If.. if you don't.. want.. want to... do this.. you can go... but please... just do this.. for me."
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:

[+] V6
V6 Characters:
[+] V5
Dead:
[+] misc
[+] meirl
umop-ap!sdn†

Post by umop-ap!sdn† »

The terrible feelings began to settle in as the she watched Carmina's shirt absorb more and more blood. Her breath was strained, her voice was weak. Jaquilyn felt like a huge, heavy weight was sagging down on her soul.

"...I understand"

What?

"Can you... do me one... last favor?"

Anything that could lessen the burden would be a gift.

Jaq nodded immediately. Anything was better than falling to her knees and submitting to the overwhelming emotions. Carmina went on to express her last requests, saying goodbye. She was so calm. So FUCKING courageous. How the hell could somebody be ready for that? Be ready to wish her parents and family members well on their lives without her, take a bow at the end of the life she was satisfied with, accept fate and just leave earthly existence behind? How was she so FUCKING CALM?

Jaquilyn placed the gun on the ground and reached for the petite girl's arms. She hooked her elbows under Carmina's shoulders and dragged her, they were at the top of the hill, they just needed to get out of the last bit of brush now. Jaq kept her gaze over her shoulder. The girl was dying because she and her partner had hunted her down, it was the least she could do not to stare at her bleeding out.

They were in the clearing now, but Jaq continued pulling. This girl was going to be in the middle of the clearing, in the middle of this beautiful scene. After a few more yards, Jaq struggled to lower Carmina back down to the grass. A faint trail of bloody smears marked parts of their path. Jaquilyn squinted her eyes as she looked up into the light, looking for a camera in the branches. Her eyes darted around desperately, Carmina couldn't have much time left.

"There! Left-ish, in that tree."

She waited for the girl to see it too.

"Okay..."

She looked back in the camera's direction. Then back to Carmina. She still felt the device watching them.

"I'll leave you to it... um..."

What the hell do you tell a girl you ran down before she dies?

"Your family... don't... reg-... um..."

There weren't words she could say anymore. She'd played her role in Carmina's life, now she had to get the fuck out of it so it could end on different terms. She turned and ran, head down. As Jaquilyn followed the grassy bloodstains back to where her gun lay, the heavy feeling began to return. An intense, dull pain ebbed at her cheekbones as she fought everything back down. As she reached down for the gun, a choking sob and a few tears escaped. Why couldn't she just be braver? It wasn't just enough to be brave, she needed to be the bravest to survive.

Maybe rescue would come. Maybe all the other students would be as forgiving as Carmina. For everyone's hope of survival to live on, somebody else's hope needed to be snuffed out.

She grabbed the gun. It didn't feel like a gun anymore, just a metallic weighted object.

Fuck hope.

((Jaquilyn Locke continued in Beast.))
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

Pleading to Jaq was a desperate measure. She couldn't possibly drag herself all the way to even the edge of the clearing. Jaq was the only person near her now that Joachim had left.

It was a real shocker when she actually complied. She smiled as much as she could. It was even more of a shocker when Jaq said she would bring her to the middle of the clearing. She let out a weak laugh when she saw the scene around her.

Now that she was in the middle of the clearing, she was able to enjoy the scene even more. The flowers were in every color that she loved: purple, pink, orange, yellow, red. And the trees provided a nice shade for her. She whispered a prayer of gratitude to God. He didn't save her, but at least she got to die here. Also, He gave her the chance to finish some things up.  She looked for Jaq and tried to thank her, but she was already long gone. Shame. She really did want to thank her. Carmina was surprised at herself for thinking this, but now... she actually forgave them. She now thought of them as victims of this wretched 'game'. She prayed that they'd find some peace.

She felt slightly guilty that she had tainted this place with her blood. She also noted that the the first sight that would greet those that would stumble upon this place wouldn't be what she was seeing, but her most likely decomposing corpse.

Most definitely not the time to be thinking like that, Carmina.

She forced herself up on one arm and lay on her back. She let out a small yelp as her wound started pulsing again with pain. She didn't have much time left. Maybe one, two hours at most. Her thoughts were becoming more scattered and she was tasting more blood in her mouth. She spit out some of the blood, but she just couldn't rub the taste off her tongue. She hated this. It was ruining the moment for her. It was everywhere. But she forced herself to ignore it. No use whining about blood right now.

She looked to the right and noticed a gray camera on the ground. Perfect.

"M-mom? Dad? Kate? I.. I think.. I'm dying." She let out another weak laugh. "I.. I didn't really... expe-expect that... I'd have... the.. the chance to do... this... final message. When.. when I... first came... here... I.. I thought... it'd be quick. Painless. But... I think... this is better. It hurts.. it does... but at... least I get... to.. to talk to you. Also.. it-it's beautiful.. here."

She knew there was a small chance that the terrorists might cut this out. It wasn't the 'action' they were looking for. But she had to try. She stopped talking for a bit to cough. Once she got back her breath, she continued.

"Mom... Dad... life goes on." Another laugh. "Wow.. that sounded... so cliched... like... like some... anime or.. or.. telenovela. But it's true. It.. it does. Don't... don't become.. broken. You... you still have... her. Kate.. I mean.. she's.. she's doing so.. so well. You.. don't.. have to... forget me.. but don't... grieve.. every day.. move on... please. With.. with my.. stuff.. give it.. to Kate... or sell it.. I'll be.. be dead anyways... so it won't... won't mean... anything."

"And... and Kate.. look at.. look at yourself... you've.. you're... you're perfect. I.. that laugh.. of yours... it's like heaven.. don't.. don't change.. that. You.. you don't have.. to change... anything about.. yourself."

She let in a deep, deep breath. Tears were starting to form in her eyes.

"And... I.. I tried. I really.. really.. tried to.. to stay alive. I.. I did.. everything... I could.. could have. I wanted... to... to see.. your faces... again.. I'm.. I'm so sorry.."

She let out several sobs and put her hands to her face. It really sucked. None of them deserved this. All they wanted to do was go to Disneyland, and now this. Before, she couldn't fathom dying. And even now, when it was so close, so so close, she couldn't fathom it. Her life was so short. 18 years. 18 happy eventful years, yes, but still. It wasn't fair. But she had to put on a brave face, just for them. She wiped away the tears from her eyes and went on.

"Sorry.. for that.. there's.. there's no use.. focusing on.. that. That's what.. y-you always... said, right Dad? I... I know.. this isn't... a happy ending... but I can.. can make... it.. as happy.. as I.. can. Mom, Dad, Kate... I won't.. won't be.. there at.. home.. anymore but.. but I'll try to.. to always... be with... you. Be your... guardian angel. Don't... don't miss.. me because.. I'll.. I'll be there... goodbye."
-----
It was already two hours and she felt the end was only a few minutes away. There were black and white dots which she just couldn't blink away. She had coughed out more and more blood and she was starting to feel sleepy. She also felt pins and needles on her fingers.

She picked out a flower and smelled it. Primroses. Wonderful.

She looked around at the view one last time. The sun was high in the sky, illuminating the flowers even more. The sea was glistening and the view was breathtaking. She saw parks and a large forest. She saw schools and what seemed to be a town. She even saw an amusement park in the distance. There was so much in this island that she hadn't discovered yet.

She spent her final moments thinking about how her friends and allies would cope. She knew that Jesse and Chris would find enough people to succeed. They'd get out, she knew it. She wondered what Lauren was doing right now. Had she found someone to survive with? And then, her mind wandered to the Anime Club. They weren't exactly athletic, but they'd find a way to make it. Perhaps they'd escape with Jesse.

The end was here.

She knew it. The dots in her eyes had obscured most of her vision already. Now, she couldn't even feel her arms. Yet she felt happy. She had a feeling that her family would move on. They'd live a full life. They'd learn to laugh and smile again.

Now, she felt His presence. She felt bliss and joy and the glow and warmth of His love. She let out her last laugh. It was strong, like before. She said her last words to... to no one in particular.

"Goodbye and... hello."

Her world was fading into black, but it was OK. He was here.

She died with a smile on her face.

G067: CARMINA MALIKSI: DECEASED

138 STUDENTS REMAIN
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:

[+] V6
V6 Characters:
[+] V5
Dead:
[+] misc
[+] meirl

Return to “The Peak Clearing”