baby, you're the highlight of my lowlife

Prom preparations, date-seeking, and anything else which concerns prom and takes place within a few days before the event goes here.
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

Hel was back beside him one fuckton of tissues later. They didn't know what to say. Staring at the floor worked for while he got the bleeding under control. There wasn't any blood on...well on this part of it at least. It'd seen worse things. Fuck, it'd even seen worse things with Axel. There was that night they were marathoning Game of Thrones and gods Tyene's line was so bad but he wouldn't shut up about it so they just sorta dramatically climbed in his lap and repeated it and it was so so much cringier they regretted it immediately but he started kissing him and they came in here and-

Hel was blushing. Then tearing up. Then laughing so hard they couldn't breathe, or see, or stay upright. They collapsed against Axel's shoulder and sent the both sprawling back prone. There was definitely gonna be more blood on the carpet now but they couldn't stop. Even they weren't totally sure what they were feeling right now but control wasn't anywhere in the mix. They sobbed and giggled all at once into his bare stomach and if he asked for an explanation they sure didn't hear it. Nothing was getting through to them but the blurry night they'd spent here and the one stupid joke that started it all.

When they managed to pull away their face was bright red and tear streaked. They were panting and hadn't stopped laughing. Or crying. It was dizzying, almost like they were spinning out of their body again, but it wasn't a disassociating kinda mood. Rationally they knew this was rubber banding, euphoria was just a bounce back from the panic and it wasn't all real, they were still in a really bad place emotionally, but it felt so good and they wanted to share it with him. They wanted him to remember too, even if they weren't so great at words right now. "I...just, y'know, last time we...like, we were..." Brain. Thoughts. Mouth. Noises. Cooperation. Nope. Nope. No sentences. Two, three words max. Maybe a really bad impression. They tried to steady their breath long enough to get it out.

"Baaaad poo-see!"

They were dying again. It was better to die like this. It was such a dumb emo teenage thought. They'd never mean it when things were normal, but right now? Whatever part of them was only comfortable swimming in the wake of their fucked up senses self-loathing and self-care couldn't imagine a better fate than dying in his arms.

Ugh. Put it in a shitty yearbook quote, right?
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

This was some weird-ass kinda romantic, but that was still a kind of romantic, so that was still a win. Right?

Hel had seriously come through on the actual, metric fuck-ton of issues, which was good, since his nose was pretty definitely actually broken and definitely still bleeding pretty freely. Less good was the way they'd crashed into his chest and sent them both spilling the rest of the way to the floor, cause blood was definitely pouring down into his throat now, and he was gonna end up swallowing a lot of it, and puking from too much blood wasn't a good time, he'd been there, but also it was really hard to care with Hel's head buried in his chest. He stroked their hair, getting increasingly lightheaded all the while, and it was totally worth it, even though he was pretty sure he was gonna pass out if he stayed like this for much longer.

This wasn't really how he'd expected this to go. He wasn't really sure how he'd expected it to go, though. Like he'd give Hel the necklace, and they'd say "thanks", and they'd play video games, and that was about as much planning as he'd done. Fuck, he'd specifically said he wasn't gonna ask them to prom. But Kara was gone, which threw every thought he'd had before about "not getting between them" or "not pissing her off cause she'll take it out on Hel" right the fuck out the window. And which meant he was going to prom.

Holy shit, they were going to prom.

He hadn't spent too much of his savings on the necklace, had he? He was gonna have to spend more than he wanted to, but he sure as fuck wasn't going to cheap out if Hel was his date. He needed an actual suit. And an actual limo. Wow he was super fucking dizzy. Okay, cool. He was gonna hopefully not die before prom, that would be a bummer for everyone involved.

Luckily Hel sat up, and he took the opportunity to get off the floor himself, ignoring the accompanying headrush and grabbing another wad of tissues to shove at his nose, watching Hel warily, cause they were halfway between laughing and crying and he wasn't sure which thing he was gonna deal with or how. They were trying to say words. He listened, intently.

Then they hit him with their best-slash-worst Tyene impression, and he burst out laughing. Laughing so hard he started coughing and ended up spitting a glob of regurgitated blood into the clump of tissues in his hand. Cool. He dropped the tissues and wrapped his arms around them anyway, cause he didn't wanna let go anymore, and because what was a fucking crime scene quantity of blood between friends? More than friends, maybe. Probably. Huh.

"Babe, if I bleed out right now, it'll have been pretty worth it." He coughed again, into his elbow this time. Less bloody. Progress! "I'm seriously fucking up your clothes though."
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] v7
the dead:
Image[B040] Dante Valerio - Fell asleep too early.
[V7] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: None Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G014] Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - T-R-I-E-D.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: None Trip: [Start]
Image[B004] Axel Fontaine - Lost his place.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G041] Ivy Langley - Together forever.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
ImageArtem Fyodorov - Desperate.
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start]
ImageZen Alicea Feliciano - On vacation!
[Meanwhile] [x]
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

Okay. They might actually kill him if they kept this us, and he was making a giant fucking mess of his shirt, and their shirt, and the carpet, and...gods they were gonna have to explain this to Dad when he got home huh? That'd be a fun conversation. Lots of laughs, lots of tears, lots of him nailing their window shut so they didn't commit another homicide, lots of awkward dodging around what Axe was doing here in the middle of the night while they were alone. Hardest of passes, thanks. They'd throw some clothes over it or something, it's not like he'd notice more mess if he came to check up on them after work. The only things that were mostly clear were their bed, their desk, and Justice's terrarium.

With a sigh they pushed up off the floor and helped him sit up. "No dying. Andy's already gonna have dibs on killing you after I text him." It was...mostly a joke. He couldn't be that mad. If they told him now he probably wouldn't rush over to fight him tonight, it could wait for school. Plenty of time to cool off, and once he did they could explain that it was different this time. Really different.

Unless they'd just made a series of major life altering mistakes. Right now that sounded like a future!Hel problem. Current!Hel had better ideas.

"I'm gonna get you some more tissues." As they walked towards their door they stripped their bloody Killswitch Engage t-shirt off and threw it at him. They lingered in the doorway just long enough for him to notice they weren't wearing anything under it, then vanished into the hallway. "You should probably hang here until you're like, not dying," they called out over their shoulder. It wasn't necessary for him to see their grin; their tone was dripping with everything it implied.

Yeah. Way better ideas. Future!Hel was gonna enjoy looking back on this, no matter whether everything went to shit afterwards.
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

... Yeah, fuck, Andy was gonna kill him, wasn't he. Hadn't really thought about that. Hadn't really thought about anything though had he? Besides "I am definitely not gonna ask Hel to prom", which had worked out great. Worth it? He'd already kinda agreed that bleeding to death on the floor was worth it, so waiting until tomorrow to get his shit kicked in probably was too. Unless Andy got the news and decided to roll on out here this second, which was still just another kind of bleeding to death on the floor, really. He could kid himself into thinking Andy wasn't gonna be pissed, but he was. Kinda fair of him, too. Axel didn't have the best track record in the world with relationships, which... this wasn't officially, he guessed, but it sort of was. Hel would take it that way. He wasn't planning on contradicting them.

So he was just gonna have to prove to Andy that he wasn't a total piece of garbage. Which was a weird thing to need to prove to your best friend, but whatever. He was protective of them; Axel got that. He was kinda the same way. Felt like they needed that, sometimes. But he was pretty damn sure they wouldn't need protecting from him, and if they did, he would sure as hell deserve whatever Andy wanted to give him.

Why was he bumming himself out like this? Jesus, he was supposed to be happy. He was happy. Just felt like there was always something around the corner ready to kick his ass, every time he was.

That was around when he got hit in the face by a flying piece of fabric, so that was weird, though he got a pretty obvious explanation on that one when he pulled what was apparently a shirt off his head and spotted Hel in the doorway. Shirtless. Shirtless Hel. In the doorway. Not that he hadn't seen Hel shirtless before. Because he had, like, a lot, but in this particular circumstance the implications were just. Right there. He opened his mouth to say something but ended up just kinda staring at them blankly instead while gaping like a idiot until they turned around. He still hadn't gotten over those piercings. They'd been way too eager to show them off when they'd gotten them and they'd been on his mind ever since.

He was fighting between a "if this was an anime you'd be making the bleeding a lot worse" joke and a "if the blood goes elsewhere it can't keep pouring out of my nose" joke but those were both fucking stupid. He kept his mouth shut. Looked like the bleeding had slowed down to a trickle, so that was something. He suddenly had better plans for what to do with his night than exsanguinating.
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] v7
the dead:
Image[B040] Dante Valerio - Fell asleep too early.
[V7] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: None Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G014] Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - T-R-I-E-D.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: None Trip: [Start]
Image[B004] Axel Fontaine - Lost his place.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
Image[G041] Ivy Langley - Together forever.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
ImageArtem Fyodorov - Desperate.
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
ImageZen Alicea Feliciano - On vacation!
[Meanwhile] [x]

Return to “Before Prom”