Diamond district in the Jag'

Open for anyone who wants to get down without "getting down"

George Hunter High School's prom itself, held at an event center in downtown Chattanooga on May 25, 2018. The theme is Glow In The Dark. This forum can cover anything from the arrival at the dance to when students leave. There are plenty of chaperones around to keep an eye on things and unsupervised areas are off-limits, so no private threads are allowed at the event.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Violet didn't want to say that she actually liked the theme a lot more that she thought she would and she made sure to stay quiet about it. If she wanted to make better friends, then she would have to know what other people really liked to talk about. She didn't want to come off as boring and frustrating to talk to.

She noticed that Tanisha was now getting into the mood of dancing again and she was inviting her and the others to dance with her. Violet didn't actually know the song and she knew that she would have to listen to more different songs in the future if anyone asked her if she knew or liked it in general. She wasn't much of a dancer but she knew that it would be more fun to join in.

She shrugged her shoulders a little and she was smiled politely at Tanisha. "Alright."
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Frozen Smoke

Post by Frozen Smoke »

The unironic suggest that they 'turn up', followed by Tanisha and then Violet beginning to turn towards the dance floor was something that brought a sinking feeling to his stomach, and whilst he managed not to look as off-put by the idea as he felt - his eyes snapped to the side and caught Willow's.

Please do not make me do this.

He tried to communicate, through the power of sheer force of indignant staring and willpower.
[+] V7
Relationship Thread!

ImageFaith Clementine Marshal-Mackenzie
[+] Pregame
Memories: Making old enemies
Present Day: Making new friends - Playing childish games - Acting like an adult
Oneshots: Tidying up - Coming home
ImageParker Green
[+] Pregame
Memories: Cheaters never prosper - Except when they do - Keeping promises
Present Day: Getting informed - Playing nice - Keeping up appearances - Playing Games - Talking too much
Oneshots: Preparing for battle
Luca Thomas
[+] Pregame
Present Day: Being a team player
Prom: Trying her best
Memories:
Criticism or thoughts on my writing are welcome and appreciated - always looking to improve! Feel free to poke me on Discord or via PM.
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

An involuntary smile was being drawn as she made eye contact with Parker. The smile had no teeth, just Willow's lips and her empty gaze. In a way, she looked like she was smirking, but really Willow was thinking about what she wanted to do. The smile was still on her face when she turned toward Violet then Tanisha. Her eyes still lacked a legible emotion. If someone had to describe what Willow looked yet, constipated but stuck in traffic with two underaged kids and flare up of IBS, they wouldn't be wrong. Her teeth showed the face when she answered Tanisha's inquiry.

"Aw, I'm not allowed to do too much physical activites. Hah, I think dancing is part of that, or something."

She opened her purse and pulled out some onion rings. She continued, speaking over the music and trying to let her voice get carried to the girls.

"I need to go sit down, but if you want onion rings, you can have some."

Willow was trying to send telepathic messages to Parker. Come on Parker, say something about helping your girl to get a table. Even if Willow wasn't your girl, and she wasn't interested to be, but you have a role to play. You aren't paid for nothing. That's what she was trying to convey when she nodded at him. Get a clue.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

((Oh god, sorry for letting this die.))

"Yeah, let's do this," Tanisha said, moving back onto the dance floor as Finesse continued to play. Joanne would return eventually. She could just enjoy this for now.

((Tanisha Abbey continued elsewhere))
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Violet gave a nod of understanding to Parker and Willow and she could tell just by looking at their faces that they did not want to dance. So she gave them a friendly wave before she went to join Tanisha on the dance floor to show off her foolish dancing. This was really turning out to be a great night for her and she was not regretting coming one bit.

((Violet Quinn continued elsewhere))
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Frozen Smoke

Post by Frozen Smoke »

Thankfully, the message was received, and Willow graciously gave the two of them a way out, even if it wasn't the most graceful declination. It all came back to the onion rings, and honestly, she'd offered him so much that he was kind of concerned. Focusing that much on something wasn't a sign of being particularly balanced, but commenting on that rather than playing along seemed like a poor choice of actions, given that he was supposed to be being a good date here. There wasn't exactly much one could do to onion rings to make it particularly weird anyway.

He looked over at Willow after a silent thumbs up to the departing couple, who's attentions were clearly on each other rather than the two of them, thankfully.

"Let's go find where the seats are then" he said, putting a smile on his face that didn't quite carry into his voice as he had to talk over the music, the uncomfortably rapid heartbeat of mid-tempo pop echoing through the room.
[+] V7
Relationship Thread!

ImageFaith Clementine Marshal-Mackenzie
[+] Pregame
Memories: Making old enemies
Present Day: Making new friends - Playing childish games - Acting like an adult
Oneshots: Tidying up - Coming home
ImageParker Green
[+] Pregame
Memories: Cheaters never prosper - Except when they do - Keeping promises
Present Day: Getting informed - Playing nice - Keeping up appearances - Playing Games - Talking too much
Oneshots: Preparing for battle
Luca Thomas
[+] Pregame
Present Day: Being a team player
Prom: Trying her best
Memories:
Criticism or thoughts on my writing are welcome and appreciated - always looking to improve! Feel free to poke me on Discord or via PM.
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

“Dodged a bullet, Jesus.” She muttered to herself as she grabbed Parker’s wrist. It was a soft gesture. If Parker was any other boys, her nails would dig inside his flesh.

Dragging the boy through the crowd, making a way through the boys and the girls. Willow and Parker were now at the table. Her feet didn’t hurt, and even if they did, she was used to the pain by now. She looked behind her, and now, the girls were now out of view. Willow felt bad that she was glad, but she wanted to be alone. People were noisy, and they had every right to be, but it was paining Willow’s mind.

That’s why she chose the table. They were close to the crowd, but just enough so that Willow was comfortable. She preferred watching. The little distance gave Willow the thrill of being included while given enough space to feel alone.

She did have Parker around, though. Willow paid him to be here, and she needed him here. She didn’t want people to speak to her. It already had failed, but she had Parker to rely on. It shared the pain equally, and she become capable to handle it. The crowd still felt like a wave and her body was about to be broken in pieces. She turned toward Parker, speaking loud enough for him to hear it through the music.

“Do you feel like doing anything? Sorry, it’s kinda boring. I expected like... more.”

She pointed one of the chaperone schooling a couple for getting too close. She wished she was the girl. Again, Willow talked directly in Parker’s ears. “I won’t force you to do that, though.”

Return to “Prom”