The Songtest Playlists

there are many. beware

SOTF's own Eurovision-style song contest. Submit songs that fit the theme and get mercilessly judged on your taste in music here.
Fenris

The Songtest Playlists

Post by Fenris »

okay so y'all know by now i've been making spotify playlists for songtests for... a while now, and i thought for the sake of both completion and convenience I'd start posting them all official-like. this includes going back to the early songtests and making playlists for the ones that i didn't, initially, and condensing the playlists for the rounds i Did do into one playlist for every song in the round as opposed to two round playlists + a finals playlist. i'll also be noting what songs are missing and linking to them so yall can have the Full Playlist Experience all in one place!

also!! as a for funsies project, i'm gonna be making individual playlists for individual people; that is, a playlist of all the songs one person has submitted to the songtest, so if you wanna see what that person's vibe is or if you just really like their submissions, these are for you! i'm going to go through the winners first, and after that i'll take requests.

note that this will be WIP for a while cause this is A Project. i'll post in batches as i finish things.

first and foremost:

The Songtest Master Playlist - this has every single song in every songtest (that exists on spotify), current as of songtest 33. "that exists on spotify" is important; there are a lot of songs missing.

The Songtest Winners - all of the winning songs, current as of songtest 33, and actually is all of the songs, woo!

and the smaller stuff:
[+] Songtest Playlists
Songtest 1 (no theme) - missing Carrie, Denken Sie Groß, Maemuki World 1-1, Patimaker, You and I
Songtest 2 (no theme) - missing Answer, Daybreak and Fireflies, Deja Vu, Everybody Gets Laid Tonight, Gas Gas Gas, Going Down, Kaze Ni Nare, Pomppufiilis, The Blue Hour
Songtest 3 (Justice) - missing Decree of the Prosecutor, Pinball Wizard/Folsom Prison Blues, Galio, The Colossus, I Hate Some Cops, Justice League Theme (unavailable), Morphogenetic Sorrow
Songtest 4 (Guilty Pleasures) - missing Discord , errrbody in the club gettin tipsy , Get Over Yourself
Songtest 5 (90s) - missing Running in the 90s, Sweet William and Lady Margaret, Tank
Songtest 6 (Sexy Songs)
Songtest 7 (Around the World 1) - missing Destino de Abril, Girl, Let's Start WW3
Songtest 8 (no theme) - missing Intro (No Power), I Wish There Were Still Dinosaurs, Take My Time
Songtest 9 (Alphabet) - missing 10 AM, Blame Canada, Oedipus, Tennis Court (Flume Remix)
Songtest 10 (Instrumentals) - missing Annica, Decretum, He of the Name, I Think I Love Her, The James Bond Theme, Passion Flower, Pastoral, Stella, Teary Edge, Vivaldi Four Seasons: "Winter"
Songtest 11 (Themes) - missing Being Evil Has a Price, Black Sheep, Blumenkranz, Buffy the Vampire Slayer Theme, Cherry Tree Bridge, Dearly Beloved, Devilman no Uta, Dreaming Mary, Ekko, The Boy Who Shattered Time, Great Days UNITS ver., It Has To Be This Way, James Bond Theme, Nepeta's Theme, Oblivion, Philistine, Plutia's Theme, Protoman's Whistle Concerto, The Undertaker, Vaal Oversoul Theme, You're Not Here
Songtest 12 (Secret Santa)- missing In The Water, Piano Concerto No. 1, Anti-Ares, Sapokanikan, The Hot Wind Blowing
Songtest 13 (Songs from the Last Year)- missing Romcom
Songtest 14 (💀💀💀) - missing Blue, Food Song, Kindred Login Theme, Skeleton Ball
Songtest 15 (Album Openers) - missing Beware, Ophelia, Pokemon Intro
Songtest 16 (Spooky Songs) - missing Antarctica, Winter 1982, Quietus, Where Will You Go, Zessei Bijin
Songtest 17 (Fight The Power) - missing I Was Only 19, Libera Me From Hell, Schüsse in die Luft
Songtest 18 (Seven Deadly Sins) - missing Plastic Love
Songtest 19 (Film Festival) - missing Disparaita, Komm, Süsser Tod, The Challenge
Songtest 20 (Disco) - missing Knights in White Satin, You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real)
Songtest 21 (Girls Night) - missing Good Girls Go to Heaven, Remix 9, The 12th Miracle
Songtest 22 (Opening Credits) - missing Flashlight Fight, Renail DEATH Game, Vicarious
Songtest 23 (80s)
Songtest 24 (Fight Songs) - missing Daisaku Kuze Theme, Guile's Theme, Gwyn, Lord of Cinder, Into The Abyss
Songtest 25 (Around the World 2) - missing Der Freischutlz, Love is Orange, Matryoshka
Songtest 26 (Slow Dance)
Songtest 27 (Covers), missing Chamber of Reflection (Matt Corby), Sharp Dressed Man (Xiu Xiu), Needle In The Hay (Sad Kermit), No Angels (Bastille), Can't Take My Eyes Off You (Lauryn Hill), This Charming Man (Stars), Copycat (JubyPhonic), Cold Beer (Cry Tunes) (Jesse Stewart)
Songtest 28 (Storytelling) - missing Mr. Fox, My Story, Devil's Train
Songtest 29 (Hip Hop) - missing Revenge of the Dreamers, Runnin' Off At Da Mouth
Songtest 30 (Long Titles) - missing Your "Rules of Nature" Can SUCK IT!, Yami yori kurai doukoku no acapella to bara yori akai jounetsu no aria
Songtest 31 (Apocalypse) - missing The End Is The Beginning Is The End, N-Er-Gee (Crisis Blues)[/url
[url=https://open.spotify.com/user/fenristheirin/playlist/5IvVQKBYd3kiA8h6tcL46o?si=TfYDNzR7SXmjqwOb_jsTbw]Songtest 32 (Villain Songs)
- missing Skinny & Small, Toxic Love, I'll Decorate This City, In Ribbons Of Blood
Songtest 33 (Nostalgia) - missing Mouthwash
[+] Individual Playlists
dmboogie - missing Daisaku Kuze Theme, Oblivion, Oedipus, Stella, Vicarious
Dodd - missing Destino de Abril, The End is the Beginning is The End
Fenris - missing Blumenkranz
Kotorikun - missing Black Sheep, In The Water, Morphogenetic Sorrow
Maraoone - missing Dearly Beloved, Saponkanikan, Cold Beer (Cry Tunes)
MK Kilmarnock - missing Carrie, Discord, The Undertaker, Runnin' Off At Da Mouth
Ruggahissy - missing Devilman no Uta, Get Over Yourself, Knights in White Satin, Toxic Love
Shiola
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] v7
the dead:
Image[B040] Dante Valerio - Fell asleep too early.
[V7] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: None Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G014] Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - T-R-I-E-D.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: None Trip: [Start]
Image[B004] Axel Fontaine - Lost his place.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G041] Ivy Langley - Together forever.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
ImageArtem Fyodorov - Desperate.
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start]
ImageZen Alicea Feliciano - On vacation!
[Meanwhile] [x]
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

updated w/ the playlists for the Instrumental and Themes songtests (which are missing a lot of songs, especially themes, but they're all linked below)

also there are a bunch more individual playlists now
[+] v7
the dead:
[V7] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Meanwhile] [x]
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

all songtest playlists are done!!!
[+] v7
the dead:
[V7] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Meanwhile] [x]
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

songtest playlists are now current again. individual playlists are updated up to songtest 31, as is the masterlist and winners playlist

fun fact there has never been a winning song that isn't on spotify which is fascinating considering about 17% of songs entered haven't been on spotify so you'd expect like 1 in every 6 songtests to be one by a non-spotify song but Nope
[+] v7
the dead:
[V7] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Meanwhile] [x]

Return to “Song Contests”