A Link to the Past

Peri's going home.

A lighthouse, very reminiscent to the one used on the island for one of the BR ACTs. If used well, this could be quite the grand place to barricade one's self in, or gather a large group in.
Buko

A Link to the Past

Post by Buko »

((Continued from: You Better Shape Up))

There's no disaster that can't become a blessing, and no blessing that can't become a disaster. The pile of gore, rubble, and hatred that had conceived his first encounter with Dorian, his departure from Stevan, it was this place that served as the womb in which he battled out of to become the person he was now, you begin life with a bloody struggle it is only natural that it would end in a bloody struggle.

“I'm tired of fighting it, I am who I am and that’s a killer, all this destruction… redemption came to me in the form of Dorian, redemption is Dorian.” he smirked and went to light up a cigarette, only to notice that he’d left it with the naked Dorian in the shower.

“You get a blow job from someone and all of a sudden you’re soul mates…” he shook his head viciously.

“God damn I’ve got a massive head ache…” he sat down took out the saber and wiped off the blood of Ian Hargrave with his shirt.

He looked at his hands, they held the blood of Dorian, when he had abandoned him he had condemned him to death.

He had Dorian’s blood on his hands and the bastard took his cigarettes.

He fired a shot in the air, outwardly trying to shoot Dorian.

“YOU FUCKING KILLED ME ASSHOLE! I’M NOT THE PERSON I SAID I WAS I’M NOTHING BUT A FUCKING SHELL!” he grasped his temples, he was crying now.

“Yeah, stay fucking innocent, what kind of idiot am I? He’s going to die! Fuck it, I’ll kill till I get to see him again…”

Death, he was going to kill someone, he was going to go home. He wanted to go home.

He sheathed the saber and took out the other magnum…someone else should be running toward the bullets soon…
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Lookin' for the opps, they been hidin'
I grew up 'round drugs, sex, and violence
We turnt off they street, we heard sirens
Since a juvenile, I been wylin'
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

((Continued from: You can't turn back the hands of time...))

Adam Dodd hated to admit it, but he was again lost in woods, that seemed to go on forever. He hadn't come upon any kids wandering lost in the woods, which, in retrospect, was probably a good thing, now that he thought about it. Most kids that were still alive would likely be part of a tightly-knit group, or playing the game. It seemed like you couldn't go anywhere at all without running into at least a pair of bodies locked in eternal combat with one another, for there'd just been so much death.

Almost too much. This island has over one hundred corpses on it, it's just like a war-zone...except there isn't any real war. The only war that's going on is the false one that Danya's manufactured. The one that he's forced us all to partake in. Truthfully, there aren't any winners. Even the kid who wins is going to be pretty fucked up. It's sick, the object of this is basically be the last one to kill someone.

With a shiver, he continued on throughout the woods, hacking away at a dangling branch with his machete. His thoughts went back to the people that he'd lost. It'd only been nine days, and already the majority of his friends were various corpses on the ground. Recognizing a vast majority of the corpses really didn't help, either. The faces of his classmates, twisted in visages of horrific pain and agony, the realization that they were about to die pasted upon their faces for all of eternity - in truth, the thought wasn't very pleasant, and the only reason that it was scrolling through his head was because all of his mental blocks had failed days ago. He'd felt such anger, such sorrow, and such mental anguish that he was running on true, raw emotions. He felt truly alone, and it wasn't a good feeling, that was for damn sure.

I wonder how things would be different if Amanda were still alive. Would I still be here, or would I have gone down protecting her? Would we be able to get off of the island? Could we really have succeeded where everyone else has failed? God, what would have happened if it had come down to her and I...?

Adam closed his eyes sharply. He knew exactly what he would have done if that had been the case, and while he tried to expunge the thought from his mind, it remained, much like a blemish on his subconscious.

What would it be, one more sin, to go along with all the killing, all the cursing, and all the other shit that I've done...not once while I've been here have I ever contemplated killing myself, putting a gun in my mouth and ending it all; and yet, I was so in love with her that I would have shot myself rather than be forced to kill her. And when she died, is...was that what forced me into playing? I kept swearing up and down that it was Danya whose head that I wanted on a platter. Realistically, I won't get that opportunity, I won't. It isn't feasible for Danya to show his face to the winner. Hell, if I get out of here...I have so much that I need to do...so many things that I'm obligated to do...and so much to live for, and work towards.

It was then that Adam Dodd decided that he was going to live - not for revenge - but for himself, and for his loved ones.

Giving up, there's no point. I've come this far, and I've battled every step of the way. I need to escape, I need to win - for Lipson. I need to move back to Toronto and reconnect with my friends, and reminisce about the good times, and make sure that I never forget him - make sure that I honour him.

I have to win for Hawley. I have to find his birth mother...hell, I've carried around the picture in my pocket since he died. I need to find her, and tell her what he told me. Make sure that nobody forgets Hawley Faust, that his mother knows that even though she wasn't there for him, she had such an impact upon the person that he became - and was a huge reason that he became such a hero.

I have to win, for Madelaine. I'll have to visit her family, and make sure that they know that their daughter went down fighting, and that I made the bastard pay. I'll have to talk to her sister and make sure that she knows what kind of a girl her sister was, and that even though I knew her for only days, she made such an impact upon me, and that she should make sure to never forget her, ever.

I have to win it all for Amanda. I have to get out of here, and shake her father's hand, and tell him that I loved his daughter, and that I did everything that I could to protect her. I'll tell him that it just wasn't enough, and that I'm sorry. And I'll tell him that I plan to live my life, and settle down, start a family. That whomever it is that I marry, whoever it is that I fall in love with, I will love her with as much intensity and as much compassion as I loved her. I will make sure that he knows that his daughter taught me how to love, and how to express myself.

And mostly, I have to win it all for me. I need to move on with my life, and while I need to respect those who passed on while in this hellish competition, and to honour the memories of my dead friends. Live my life as much as I possibly can, and know that I'm the luckiest one of all, because I'm the one who gets to live it in the first place.

As Adam cut down another branch, he saw the lighthouse in front of him, and, without thinking, took a step into the open area without realizing that there was somebody there. Watching the boy shoot up into the air, Adam realized that to startle him might mean that the kid would get trigger-happy. He admittedly didn't recognize this kid, and that was just another sad reminder that there were kids from all over the world in this sick program. Clearing his throat rather loudly, he looked at the other boy with a raised eyebrow.

"Sorry to burst your bubble, dude...but it's not like the Truman Show. Danya isn't hiding in the moon, there isn't a door out in the ocean somewhere, and I'm certainly not Jim Carrey..."

Adam scratched his leg with the machete, holding his shotgun in the other hand. The boy didn't seem dangerous, but he needed to be ready in case things turned violent.
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
Buko

Post by Buko »

“Well couldn’t put it past me your jokes aren’t funny…” Peri whispered, the Peri was going to go home, his only solace would be killing this man, he took out his saber and smirked.

“The only tears that are cried when someone dies are the tears of words unsaid, I myself have never killed or seen someone die who was close to me…but right now, I gotta tell you…I’m feeling like shit.” Peri smiled, “I mean I just connected with someone the only way a blow job in an abandoned bathroom can have you connect with someone…do I have any thing left to do? Anything left to say? No, so I’m not going to stand here faking fear of death as you point your shot gun at me and say “he-he well here are my weapons, please don’t kill me Mr. red haired man.”, seems kinda futile…so I figure I should just skip the potential friendships and just fuck you up, that sound good?”

Peri smirked and fired a shot at Dodd, he then ran towards him with the saber ready to launch it into his bowels.

They say that karma is a bitch, well in Peri’s case it would have to be a bitch that is both fat, viriginized and menstruating, because the moment he showed hostile relations toward a person he found himself tripping on a rock about five feet away from Dodd and landing on his face rather hard…exposed and within arms reach of Adam Dodd.
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Adam narrowed his eyes as the boy in front of him rambled on, almost as though things had taken such a horrid turn for him. It seemed like the kid had gone absolutely crazy, and his eyes held an expression that screamed at him that the kid felt that he had nothing left to loose. As he processed this information through his head, the other boy started off on his sarcastic, biting diatribe towards Adam, and before he even realized it, raised his pistol and shot him. The bullet itself was aimed a little high, and while it did manage to catch him in the shoulder, it tore through the flesh, only managing to leave a nasty cut right through the top of his shoulder. Crying out in surprised pain, he dropped his shotgun in shock, and braced himself as the boy lunged at him, rather quickly.

Aw, fuck, I let my fucking guard down...what the FUCK, man! AUGH!

Of course, as Karma was a bitch for Peri Barclay, Karma had decided to be a close friend for Adam Dodd, as his assailant tripped over a large rock, dropping his pistol and landing on his face only inches away from Adam. Furious, Adam took a step towards the boy and put his foot down on the boy's head, and hard. It couldn't have been comfortable, and as Adam glanced at the machete in his hand, he inwardly sighed to himself, but he knew what must happen.

So you can live, others must die...fucking sucks, but it's the inevitability of the whole thing...I refuse to fucking die.

With his foot on the kid's head, Adam readied his machete, and leaned over to the kid.

"Sorry, what was that? It sounded like you were bitching about losing someone. Well, let me refresh you, asshole. I've killed eight people. I've watched every single one of my friends die, and I'm currently looking for the fuckshit who raped my friend and killed my girlfriend. I think the fact that I'm still telling jokes really says a lot. Y'know...when you threaten someone, you've really got to do a LOT fucking better of a job than shooting them in the shoulder," Adam glanced at his bleeding shoulder and winced.

"...and then tripping over a rock. And you know what's a bitch? I'll dump some rubbing alcohol over this, and I'll be right as rain. You pretty much fuckin' missed, man. How's that for some shit luck? I dunno, though. I pretty much have the market cornered on shit luck. Running into you was just another blemish on what was supposed to be a nice fucking vacation. Have a nice afterlife, you piece of shit. Hope this was worth it for you."

With his last words, Adam angrily swung the machete down with all of his might towards the kid's neck, knowing that in all likelihood, he probably wouldn't miss.
[+] V7

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
Buko

Post by Buko »

Our fear of death is like our fear that summer will be short, but eventually you grow up and you simply forget about it and you can’t wait to go to school again an d see your friends, this feeling however was absent from Peri Barclay, he just wanted to see Dorian, he just wanted to be with Dorian.

He shouldn’t have left him, although…maybe he’d finally get some peace, maybe he’d finally get to go home.

As the Machette hit his neck his head was separated in a clean swipe the guillitone, had he been opressor like the boujuazi only to find himself being killed like this.

Whatever the case, Peri died with little pain, just a longing, a longing that most people in the game all shared.

Peri just wanted to go home.

If you where to go to Webster.com and type in the word “Home” you’d get a series of definitions, six if you want a solid definition.

Now, the most curious of these definitions for the word “Home” for Peri would be under 3 a : a familiar or usual setting

Now, why this was on Peri’s mind was also haunting him at this very moment. Was it possible that the reason he had adapted so quickly to this game because he truly only felt at home when he was killing someone? When he walked around the island surrounded by the stench, unpleasant sight, and most of all the unbelievably mind-blowing presence the corpses caused him he couldn’t help but feel the safest now, alone, with corpses the only friends to guide him. Was death really is home?

Peri Barclay beat the system.

Peri Barclay went home without out winning the game.

PERI BARCLAY…ELIMINATED
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Raising the machete from the ground, where it had (rather surprisingly) gone right through the neck of the boy who he'd just killed, Adam Dodd grimaced as the blood spurted out of the decapitated head, as well as the neck that it had been attached to just moments ago. Taking a step back and feeling the burn in his shoulder from the wound he'd just recieved, his eyes lazily left the corpse on the ground in front of him and looked up at the desecrated lighthouse.

It's been, what, a week since Hawley, Alan and I came here for the first time? Maybe more? Jeez. Time flies when you're having fun. Or fighting for you life and having utterly no fun at all.

Shaking his head a little, Adam leaned over and rolled the corpse over. He regretted that he'd neglected to ask the boy what his name was, as if he'd just killed Cody Jenson, the death that he'd afforded him was a waste. Silently hoping against it, though pretty much already knowing the answer, he reached into the boy's pocket and pulled out his wallet. Searching through it for some ID, he finally found what he was looking for - it seemed to be a student card for some school in Minnesota. Putting it in his pocket after he glanced at the name, he smiled to himself. It wasn't Cody Jenson, in fact, the kid he'd just killed was one of the most notorious killers in the game thusfar; Peri Barclay. As such, Adam felt the slight remorse that he had for the kill flooding out of him relatively quickly. Peri had, from the announcements that he'd heard, been a player, so that he was able to escape relatively intact was a plus.

Searching the boy's pack and pockets, and essentially raiding the corpse for anything of use, Adam confiscated two Magnum pistols (quite an interesting find, indeed) and a sabre from the dead boy. It was with amusement that he clipped the sabre to his belt, wondering what people might think to see him running around with a sword attached to his waist. The thought then quickly vanished, for he remembered that there were probably closer to fifteen people still alive, so appearances might not be too important. Shrugging, he kept a little solace in the fact that it appeared he wouldn't be running out of pistols very soon. In the pack he had about seven guns, along with the shotgun slung around his back, the Uzi that was clipped to his belt, and the machete that he held in his hand.

"More than enough to fuck up Danya, and anyone else who wants to get in my way."

Adam Dodd didn't know it, but at the present time, it was him, as opposed to either terrorist, that was the most well-armed, likely the biggest threat on the island. Turning away from the corpse, he put his bag down and rummaged through it, looking for a bandage. Extracting both after a lengthy search, he glanced at the wound on his shoulder out of the corner of his eye. Unfortunately, due to his jersey and shirt, he didn't have a very good look at it, so he glanced around quickly before stripping both shirts off. Grimacing at the ugly wound, he found himself at least believing that it could have been a whole hell of a lot worse. Taking a deep breath, he unscrewed the lid of the rubbing alcohol and poured a little onto the wound. Adam grimaced and his face contorted in pain as the alcohol cleaned the wound, but felt as though it were burning him in the process. As the pain subsided, Adam opened the bandage and affixed it to his shoulder. Looking around again, he quickly threw both shirts back on, poking a little at the hole in the jersey and in his shirt.

Battle scars, I guess. God knows that I've got a shitload of 'em, and probably more before this thing is all over...

Bringing himself to his feet, Adam took another look at the lighthouse. It seemed like a place that one might go for shelter, but something...something tugged at him, and urged him to move on. Squinting at the building, he shrugged to himself, winced, and began to head back through the forest, cutting his own path with the bloody machete, and leaving the corpse of Peri Barclay to rot.

((Continued in: I swear it's everywhere, it's everything...))
[+] V7

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

Return to “The Lighthouse”