Gunfight U

This is the place for threads that don't fit neatly into any other category, but do take place within the city of Kingman. Are your characters going to church? Cruising the streets in one of their cars? Attending a relative's wedding? This is the board for that sort of thing. Please use this board only for threads that really don't fit anywhere else, however; threads that take place in one of the delineated areas, even if they represent events, should be placed in the area board for better organization. Threads that take place outside the city of Kingman should also be placed in the appropriate board.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Jonathan hadn't moved for a while. It was very silent. He wondered if the other two were going to make the first move. He would rather wait until he hear any movement. And possibly some shots being fired before he would make his own move. He leaned his back against the wall, tightening his grip more on the gun. Wait. He did kind of know where Michael was. But he wasn't going to run out into the open with some gun blazing like some action hero. He had to try to think smart. He had to wait until the other two were out in the open instead.

He let out a quiet chuckle. "I think I'm getting a little too serious about this...." He whispered to himself and then he heard some movement. He held his breath as he listened carefully.

He heard some splattering sounds from behind the wall and then he heard footsteps coming close into his direction. Uh-oh. Jonathan backed up a little from the wall and he saw Michael rushing past him into the alleyway. Had Michael seen him?

Apparently not. Jonathan sighed softly in relief as Michael start to shout in the alleyway for either him or Alex. Jonathan could tell that it was a trap so that Michael can hit whoever will come into his view first. Jonathan wasn't going to give Michael that chance.

Jonathan smiled slightly as he got an idea about what he should do. He should go around the back and get Michael from behind. It would be brilliant! He quietly took a few steps back so that he could go around the other side of the crumbling building. He glanced around to see if Alex was anywhere from his point of view. He couldn't see him. So Jonathan started to sneak to get his plan into action.

This is going to be so awesome!
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

((Sorry, you guys. I'm breaking the post order so I can use Jonathan somewhere else. I hope you guys can forgive me for it. Yeah, I'm not sure what to put down as Toxie did a wonderful job of explaining a lot.))

And so the guys had about six or seven rounds of shooting each other with paintballs. Or was it more? Jonathan had lost count as he was too excited over all the fun that the three boys were having. They had each won a few rounds against each other. He thought that it ended up a draw between the three of them. He waved goodbye to the both of them. But as he was walking back home; Michael offered to give him a lift and he gladly accepted. He thought it was a bit freaky to be on his only in the dark anyway. He and Michael ended up having a conversation on the way back home.

Jonathan had a lot a fun playing paintball with Alex and Michael. He hoped that they could do it again in the future with more people involved. The more the merrier.

((Jonathan Gulley continued in Let's Go Out Tonight))
[+] V7
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

[Ironically, was going to post tonight, but I can't blame you for wanting to get to where the action is.  Have fun, Prim, and thanks for coming.  Would you mind if we gave Johnathan some minor GMing?

Toxie, how do you feel about following Prim's lead?  Less of a direct play-by-play and more of a highlight reel?]
Those Whose Time Has Come]

Terra Johnson (female student no. 73, DECEASED): Oh...duh...Abel's...dead...the one who...lives is...

Tom Swift (male student no. 60): It didn't matter what he wanted anymore.

Daria Bhatia (female student no. 56): "I pity you, and everyone who knows you. Because if you can live with this, I don't...I don't think you're human anymore.”

[+] Those Who Have Gone Before
[/url]

V6

Alex Tarquin (male student no. 32: "No more...masks..."

Tara Behzad (female student no. 12): "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

V5

Tyler Lucas: "I had fun. You?"

Karen Idel: Game over.

Xavier Contel: "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."

v4

Naoko Raidon (male student no. 54): Dying like...this isn't...so...bad...

Mirabelle Nesa: "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

Simon Grey: "I never was a hero, but, God help me, I tried."

David Meramac: "Running towards nothing. Running from nothing."
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

((I did have fun with you guys. Sorry for basically bailing on you. Sure, you can do a little GMing with Jonathan. I don't mind at all.))
[+] V7
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

((That's fine with me, I'm down for anything really.))
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

[Aight.  Toxie, gonna do my own version of a highlight reel.  I give you permission to use Alex to do the same.  And Prim, if you wanted to edit your last post for your own highlight reel, that's fine by me.]

So they fought.

Alex wasn't wrong; Alex found guns were terribly boring.  It all ended so quickly, even by his own rules; one shot and out you went, down until the match resumed.

But fortunately there were many matches.  

Paintballs bit into a patch of grass because Alex Tarquin had miscalculated.  He was out, but Mike hadn't counted on John getting the jump on both of them.  A moment later they were back at it, firing desperately at each other as they wove through the dark, dim shadows outlined by the lights from the road.  Mike won that one--the man was surprisingly fast.

But Alex won the next.  He dove into the too-tall grass and imagined that he was one of Spielburg's raptors, hunting his prey with a lethal grace.  By luck or skill, he caught Mike off-guard as the other boy brushed the grass, burst free and brushed paint across Mike's back.  Mike sent up a cloud of curses as Alex disappeared into the grass again, waiting for some sign of Fern.  Fern had been drawn out by Mike's curses, however, poking his head around the dilapidated gym; Alex caught a glimpse of him, and pulled the trigger.

An hour and a half, going down the moment the quick sting of the paintball bit into their clothes.  Alex played too acrobatically, and he knew it--he showed off too much, spinning, dancing, jumping, rolling, crawling, pretending there was a camera watching him, pretending that there was an audience to entertain.  Most of the time it just got him shot.

But it was fun, either way, and by the time he was done he was laughing as he limped back to his car on an ankle he'd twisted during a fanciful jump, relishing his aches and pains.
Those Whose Time Has Come]

Terra Johnson (female student no. 73, DECEASED): Oh...duh...Abel's...dead...the one who...lives is...

Tom Swift (male student no. 60): It didn't matter what he wanted anymore.

Daria Bhatia (female student no. 56): "I pity you, and everyone who knows you. Because if you can live with this, I don't...I don't think you're human anymore.”

[+] Those Who Have Gone Before
[/url]

V6

Alex Tarquin (male student no. 32: "No more...masks..."

Tara Behzad (female student no. 12): "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

V5

Tyler Lucas: "I had fun. You?"

Karen Idel: Game over.

Xavier Contel: "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."

v4

Naoko Raidon (male student no. 54): Dying like...this isn't...so...bad...

Mirabelle Nesa: "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

Simon Grey: "I never was a hero, but, God help me, I tried."

David Meramac: "Running towards nothing. Running from nothing."
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Michael finished taunted when he heard Alex yell ''Out!'' Oh shit, he did get him. As he quieted down, he heard another sound. Jonathan rushing up behind him. Michael quickly turned and ducked like he was in a western and lit up Jonathan like a pink Christmas tree. Fuck yeah! Round one won! Nadda-scratch too! Or a paint, or whatever.

Next round Michael wasn't as lucky. Maybe it was because he was too cocky, or he got tunnel vision, but when he turned on his 80's movie mode, and decided to emulate Arnold's technoir movements, it didn't end as well for him. Left arm up, holding the paintball gun with one hand, he ducked and turned corners. Looking for someone, anyone, he decided to play it slow instead of the fast paced Tony Montana he pulled earlier. He caught Jonathan in his sights, and was about to shoot him, when a large quantity of pigment based projectiles smacked him in his lower back and kidneys. Goddamn that hurt! He turned around only to see his 'killer' get Jonathan got in the forehead as he turned the corner, like that head explosion from planet terror. Fuck that was pretty cool actually.

Michael thought was gonna be hard to pee before with the kidney shots, but little did he know, it was gonna get it a lot worse in the third round. After Michael had picked off Alex, Jonathan pulled the same shoot from behind tactic he did the first round. Only this time he shot low. Michael hadn't ducked like Jonathan had planned, and instead of a head-shot, it was a head-shot. Michael went from watching The Sopranos to singing it. At least it was from a distance.
Michael took round 4 off to recuperate, while Jonathan and Alex ran circles around each other. It ended with Alex pegging Jonathan pretty quickly.

Round 5 Michael got back in, and he decided to play a bit more seriously. Mentally playing Scattle's Knock-Knock in his head, he moved slow, around cover, while sprinting across open areas. He managed to chase Alex around, until Alex tripped over a barricade he tried to vault across. Michael got him before he had a chance to get back up. Jonathan then popped out behind Michael and got him in the back. Sonufabitch he's never gonna get used to that!

On the final round Michael and Alex got into a cover war, firing back and forth. Jonathan used this to his advantage, and went ham. Sprinting down the field, he managed to get both Alex AND Michael on one bombing run of paint warfare. Shooting Alex in the back before spraying down Michael's alley he managed to catch Michael once he got out of cover to shoot back. Goddamn Johnny boy, you're crazy.

Michael walked back to his truck exhausted. That was equally fun as it was excruciating. He called out to Alex that they should do this again sometime soon. Michael noted that he was mostly hit in the lower back, but it didn't really hit him until he sat inside his truck. Oh god it was gonna hurt waay too bad to sleep tonight. Damn, he was gonna be feeling this in the morning. When he turned his truck back on, the welcoming tune of Red Rider's Lunatic Fringe filled the car. He cranked up the volume and noticed Jonathan was on his way home. Michael figured Jonathan would not have to walk, so Michael slowly drove towards him, rolling down his window. "Ayy uhh, Ey man, you need a ride back to your place?" Jonathan accepted and hopped in. "Man, you got me good." Jonathan apologized about the hit, stating it was an accident. Of course Michael knew it was an accident, but he wanted to mess with Jonathan a bit. Groin shots fucking hurt. "Yeah, maybe, but I been thinkin' you were aimin' there on purpose you know? I think you like beatin' me up." Jonathan must've knew Michael was kidding, because he digged right back. "What's the matter Mike? I thought you liked bein' beat up." Michael chuckled a bit. Damn that was savage. He hoped his negative traits weren't rubbing off on Jonathan. Michael shrugged. "Touche, aheh, can't really think of a comeback for that one." Of course the paintball war was fun, but it was moments like these, the calm after the storm that was the best. That moment you can look back on a recent event like it happened years ago, and laugh about it. It was a long drive back, but Michael didn't mind.

((Michael Crowe continued elsewhere))

Return to “Events/Other”