The Black River

A popular local family-run restaurant and bar, Cheryl's boasts great atmosphere and great service. Hosting many regular events that range from karaoke to quiz nights, Cheryl's provides many opportunities for a fun night out. The food has, for a long time, actually been a weak point of the restaurant, with a few very public incidents of food poisoning being traced back to the seafood six years ago. However, the subsequent addition of a new head chef has caused a big turnaround in the quality of the American style dining, turning Cheryl's into an all-around winner of an establishment, especially given its even greater recent focus on service and events in an effort to win back customers.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Cameron laughed. "Don't worry. Half of what Enza says is obscure nerd stuff. Sometimes I just nod and laugh." She took a sip from her coffee. She smiled at the idea of having a PA, that poor person wouldn't know what to do half the time. There was also the probability that she would have messed with them in some way, shape or form. It wouldn't have been the best job ever, but it did remind her of her desire to have a roadie, that would be the first sign they had made it. When they had other people set up their instruments for them. It was the dream.

"My PA wouldn't last very long." Cameron said as she continued to finish off her sketch. It was just some final shading and then it would be golden. It was some kind of spirit idea she guessed, pure white skin, large black contacts that covered her whole eyes and the wolf headdress on. The main sticking point was the red paint that would be done to look like blood running down her head. If anything it'd look striking when she walked out. Sadly with only a pencil the colours were just labels, she'd draw up a more accurate design later. For the moment however she threw her notebook down on the table.

"There we go. One new design for a show. What do you guys think?"
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
Roberta “Robbie” Woodvine
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
Namira

Post by Namira »

Enza laughed out loud.

"Don't worry, I get that a lot-" Cameron cut in with confirmation. Enza mimed shooting her with two outstretched fingers.

She didn't tend to mind; being buried somewhere in the internet for most of her hobbies could alienate folks now and then, and Vinny was pretty used to being polarising. Take her or leave her, she supposed.

Enza leaned in with interest as Cameron presented the design.

"Slick. Just don't get paint on your headgear, Sardine. Would ruin the horror show effect."
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Coleen half-smiled apologetically towards Enza. Just because she didn't understand anything about this internet stuff Enza was into didn't mean that she wasn't interested in what they had to say. Cameron was so excited about the designs she had concocted that it was hard... practically impossible, even, to say no to her. Coleen gave it a once over, sure to expect the avante-garde or wild, but even with her high expectations was a little astounded by how off the wall Cameron's work actually was.

She figured that it must have been for the stage. If the earlier conversation and the pictures were any indication, Cameron liked to get a little wild. That was fine. If anything, it meant she'd be more likely to be appreciative of all the arts in all their forms, so their little date on Thursday was already looking pretty good.

"Oh, shoot, I should finish this up," Coleen said as planned, eagerly sucking down the last few drops of her malt. "I need to finish up some memorization. Um... see you guys then, uh, then!" Offering a friendly wave, Coleen scooped up her backpack and her screenplay, heading for the door.

((Coleen Reagan, continued elsewhere))
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

"I'd be more worried about ruining the headdress. Love that thing." She wasn't joking either, she loved her headdress. When it wasn't in use it sat on a mannequin head on top of her wardrobe, with a plastic bag over it. She almost took as much care of it as she did her guitar; but that was her one true inanimate love. Nothing else could ever match it. It was her freedom and she'd never get rid of it, even once it got old and broken down she would keep it.

Then Coleen announced her sudden departure. Cameron smiled and shook her head again at the other girls social ability. It was semi-decent but it was obvious she didn't always talk to people about her hobbies much. Not that it mattered, she seemed genuine and nice enough. As long as she was a good singer Cameron didn't see any issue in introducing her to the others.

"Yeah see you then." She gave a small wave as Coleen left, then turned her attention to Enza. "So, kinda got sidetracked there. My bad."
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
Namira

Post by Namira »

Coleen extricated herself, Enza gave a little wave. Well, it hadn't been exactly what she'd intended, but she was feeling better now, so she could call it a net win.

Another half hour or so passed talking about all manner of inane chatter, the subject never so important as the company.

"Hey, Sardine?" she said, as she was about to leave. "I'm gonna get all sappy on you. Thanks, I needed today."
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Cameron smiled at Enza's comment. Always felt good to make someone feel better.

"Happy to help Human. Always there to help raise the mood." Cameron checked the time using her phone. It was getting late. "Alright, I actually have work to do so I should probably head off." She rolled her eyes. "The life of a busy artist."

Standing with a flourish Cameron packed up her stuff.

"I'll see you tomorrow." And with that, she was gone.

((Cameron Herrig continued in Smoke On Her Face))
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7

Return to “Cheryl's”