Unanswered Prayers

Open to friend or foe

The former inhabitants of the island seem to have been rushed from their homes in a hurry. Houses within the residential area are still filled with goodies and still hold a uniform and up-kept appearance. The rows of brick houses beg for a bit of chaos that the oncoming battles are bound to provide.
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

((I'm SOOOOO sorry! I'm writing my next post now! I'ver been swamped with work stuff for a long time, and havn't been able to acsees. It's no excuse, but I'm still sorry. Forgive me.  Image ))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Mitsuko2. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

Anna screamed out as she swung the large axe towards the murderer's body. She had her eyes closed so tight that it hurt, but she was too scared to open them. The axe sunk into the attacker's body. He was pushed back and she fell off of the bed onto the floor. She heard something fall to the ground in front of her. She opened her eyes. It was a gun. It looked so familiar. Then the axe fell to the ground too. She slowly looked up. She almost screamed when she saw it.

She hadn't attacked a murderer.... She'd attacked Huy. He had an enormous gash down his chest. Her eyes welled up in tears. Her nightmare had lead her to kill Huy. She felt the tears run down her cheeks. She shakily stood and walked over to the bleeding boy. She put her hands on his cheeks. She looked into his eyes.

"No... Not you Huy... No..." She said at almost a whisper. She grabbed her sheet off of her bed and began to push it onto the bleeding gash. She tried to stop the bleeding. It wouldn't stop. It kept on coming! She wanted it to stop. It wouldn't stop. He kept on bleeding! Huy couldn't die! He couldn't!

"Huy... No... I-I didn't.... didn't mean to.... So-sorry... Huy..." she pulled him into a loving embrace, hoping to god he could forgive her stupidity. She had killed the only person she could really trust. She'd never forgive herself. The person she loved. He was dieing in her arms.

"I... I love you Huy!" She cried.

((once again, SOOOO sorry))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Mitsuko2. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

((suggested listening -- Thrice: Atlantic))

Huy was having trouble breathing. His bottom lip quivered, sending a small amount of blood trailing down his chin. He couldn't think straight. Anna's silhoutte moved in the shaft of light provided by the dropped flashlight, but it was beginning to ease out of his vision as if he were submerging underwater. It was getting cold. Huy closed his eyes.

'Maybe because...I'm dying.'

He felt something warm on one cheek, then immediately the other. Anna. Her hands. He emerged from the water and pulled his eyes open, struggling to stay awake. She was saying something; he couldn't hear what but he saw her lips move and felt the warmth of her breath on his neck. One of her hands left the side of his face to press against his chest. It hurt, but it was ok as long as he could still feel something. Anything. Stay awake.

"Anna--" he choked as she embraced him, spouting apologies through hot tears. She brought with her the full extent of warmth he'd felt through her hands and breath, but even that was now beginning to fade with this cold numb feeling spreading through him. "--it's alright..."

"...it's alright," he sputtered again, his breathing becoming steadily weaker. He was going back under. The light began to fade again as his senses slowly deteriorated into nothing, but it was alright.

"...it's..."

But then, why was it alright?

'Maybe because...'

"I love you, Huy!"

'...I love you, Anna.'

B36: TRAN, HUY -- DECEASED
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Cyco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

Anna heard him say it was alright, but it wasn't he was dieing. Until she felt him go completely limp in her arms did she realize he was dead. She didn't want to believe it. He couldn't die. She needed him. But... she'd also killed him. She felt the tears flowing down her cheeks like a small river. She wanted it all to end. She didn't want to lose anyone else! First Jamie, now Huy.... She'd never forgive herself. Never...

Anna slowly rested Huy's body onto the ground. She closed his eyes and briefly touched her lips to his. They were still warm. She grabbed the gun from where Huy had dropped it. Se knew what had to be done. She had to join them. She didn't want to be alone. No... she'd go with them. Jamie and Huy... she'd see them soon. Very soon.

She sat against the wall and pulled Huy's limp body into her lap, so that he was leaning against her. She wrapped her free arm around his chest to steady him, her arm being soaked in his blood in the process. She didn't even notice. She stared at the gun. She had to do it. There was no turning back. It was all going to end for them. Both of them. She'd join him there. She just wanted to see him again.

Anna pointed the gun to where her broken heart was. She felt the cool metal even through Jamie's sweatshirt. She was ready. Ready to die for him. For her foolishness. For her sin. For everything she could've done different.

"I love you Huy..." She pulled the trigger. The bullet ripped through the cloth of the sweatshirt and through her flesh. She was only aware of her impending doom for a fraction of a second. It was over as quickly as it started. The gunshot was not heard however. But perhaps... she may indeed have wanted it that way.

Female Student #49 – Anna Dibenidetti - Deceased
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

"Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye!"

Ugh... what the hell?

Ricky Callahan (Male Student no. 27) awoke from the light slumber he had allowed himself to slip into.  The unharmonic sound of Danya's singing ringing over the PA system at roughly six in the morning was enough to make anyone absolutely nauseated.  Quite frankly, it was giving Ricky a headache.  He sat up in the foreign bed he'd occupied overnight, and his attention immediately turned to the blonde who had fallen asleep beside him.  He couldn't help the smile that formed in the corners of his mouth.  Maybe, this had been the silver lining on the cloud, so to speak.  He stretched and stood up, still trying to tune out Danya's obnoxious singing, and quietly headed toward the doorway of the room.

A few moments later, the door was unlocked and Ricky was treading softly down the hallway.  He reached the top of the stairs and stared down them a moment, searching for Huy or Anna.  He was almost chastising himself for allowing himself to fall asleep in Whitney's room, but it didn't seem like any bad had come of it.  The sun was blistering through the window blinds and seeping through the cracks of the barricaded doorway.  Birds chirped outside the windows, and for just a moment, Ricky felt at peace.  At least, until the distinct coppery scent of blood entered his nostrils.  He took a few steps back, nearly falling down the stairwell as the scent assaulted him.  Blood?  Here?  But how?  They'd checked every square inch of the house before they went to bed.

Please... please be a bad dream.

The door to Anna's bedroom was cracked open, the darkness from the interior of the room flooding into the hallway ominously.  Ricky's eyes widened dramatically and he pressed toward the door.  The smell of blood was definitely coming from Anna's room.  He pushed the door open the remainder of the way, and the coppery smell nearly overwhelmed him.

"No..."

There was Huy, his eyes glazed over, the large, gaping axe wound in his chest revealing half his insides to the world.  Anna wasn't far from him, the gunshot wound to her head her apparent cause of death.  Most disturbingly, her axe was covered with blood... probably Huy's blood.  Ricky stared at the scene in disbelieve.  He didn't know what to think... what to feel.  He just stared, his mouth agape, fighting back the tears that were trying to brim in his eyes.  How did this happen?  Just last night... just a few hours ago, everything was okay.  They were talking about escaping the island together, they were excited about having found true friends that they could trust... but now... now...

"No... no, no, no.  NO, GOD DAMMIT!  THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING... this can't... be... happening..."

Ricky's legs gave out from under him, and he landed on the floor with a loud thud.  His entire body quivered and his eyes fixated on Huy and Anna.

"...Why?"

Why, Anna?!  WHY?!  WHY DID YOU KILL HIM?!  WHY DID YOU KILL HIM YOU STUPID... FUCKING... BITCH?!  NOW YOU'RE BOTH DEAD!  WHAT THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO NOW, HUH?  WHAT THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO?!  I CAN'T DO THIS BY MYSELF... I CAN'T DO IT!  WHY DO YOU PEOPLE KEEP DYING?  WHY DO YOU KEEP DYING ON ME?!  I NEED YOU!  I... I need you.

The angry thoughts poured through his mind, but nothing would come out of his mouth.  He didn't have to.  His initial response to discovering Huy and Anna's bodies had alerted Whitney to the fact that something was wrong.  The moment she hit the doorway, she, too, backed up a bit.  A sinking feeling had formed in the pit of her stomach as she heard Ricky's swearing, and inwardly, she had known something bad had happened... but she hadn't imagined this.  Ricky sat idly on the floor as if shut off from the world, and Whitney genuinely didn't know what to do.  She didn't know how to react to this whole thing.  Seeing Ricky simply break down, she, too, felt completely helpless.  He was supposed to be the group's rock.  He was the one who kept reassuring everyone, he was the one who kept everyone strong, and now, he was a complete and total mess.

"Ricky..."

"Ugh..." was the only noise that came out.  After a moment, he finally found his voice, "... my fault."

"No..." Whitney began, but he didn't give her time to finish.

"All my fault... every single time I let my guard down... every time, Whit... someone else pays for it.  Someone dies.  Every single second since I woke up in this god damn place, I've been looking out for other people, making promises to them that I knew I couldn't keep... I kept telling myself we'd get out of here.  I kept telling them we'd get out of here too, and you know what?  I've made a fucking liar out of myself.  Every single person I've come into contact with on this island has died.  You're the only one left.  I... I don't think I can keep that promise.  I don't think I can get us both out of here... but I promise you this, Whit... as long as I'm still breathing, I'll do everything in my power to get you out of here.  I don't deserve to go home anymore."

"Don't say that..." Whitney shot back, kneeling down and placing her hand on his shoulder, "There's a way out, Ricky.  There has to be.  You just have to keep believing... you can't lose faith.  It's all we've got left."

She gave him a tired smile, but he didn't even look up from the ground.  Danya was drawing to the end of his announcement now, and neither one of them had been listening as he'd taunted and teased the island's murderers.  Instead, the fact that the residential area was about to become a dangerzone piqued Whitney's ears and she tugged on Ricky's shirt sleeve.

"I don't want to do this any more than you do, but we have to go," she ordered, reluctantly picking up Anna's axe and Huy's gun before closing their fallen comrades eyes and heading toward the entrance of the room.

"What's the point?" Ricky inquired glumly.

"Because," Whitney retorted, "Because if you die here, you're breaking your promise to me.  You can't do that, can you?  So, let's go."

It was taking every bit of strength in her body not to break down in tears at the fact that their allies had been killed, but she had to be strong now.  She was the only one that could.  Ricky reluctantly rose to his feet and headed toward the doorway as well.  Whitney ushered him out of the room and down the stairs.  It took a few moments for them to unbarricade the front door, and Whitney became more and more nervous.  Time was running out, and they had to escape the residential district.  They'd come way too far to die now, especially after everything that had happened.  Her eyes trailed back to Ricky, and a frown formed on her features.  He followed behind, barely paying attention to anything around him.

This isn't going to be easy...

((Ricky and Whitney continued elsewhere.))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “Residential District”