Goodbye Love

According to the mural on the concrete wall near the botanical garden, this place was once a project for the island's school children. It's quite well taken care of and is overflowing and flourishing with life. Of course, just like anywhere else, the worms here need their food. Perhaps you can provide?
Strawberry Prince†

Goodbye Love

Post by Strawberry Prince† »

((Continued from The Greed of Man))

Where is he? Where is he? Venus slumped into the botanical gardens where that magical kiss happened. The thing she would live for, but where was Felix now? He could be dead. DEAD. The word raced through her mind and made her dizzy. Venus' sanity had been played upon numerous times in this game. Her mind was in a very delicate state, who would her body listen to? Her brain or her heart? She was torn between the two, even though she clearly followed her heart a couple hours ago. But her search for Felix had ended in a fruitless attempt. She stumbled on slowly and sat down on one of the benches set in the garden. This was a place of beauty, a place thats supposed to heal you, then again some flowers are filled with nothing but poison. Venus sighed and looked into a rose which had bloomed extravagantly. This whole island misadventure had made a deep impression on her. Felix, are you gone? Who knows what was happening, but she was alone. All alone, nobody to console her. Tears started to go down her face, frustrated at the fact Felix had eluded his grasp. Grabbing her katana she threw it to the ground in anger. It made a clattering sound as it setteled onto the floor. Venus' mind started to take over and assume control, this game.....Survival of The Fittest.

There was no hope, even if everyone got killed and Felix and herself were the only ones left what was the point? The rules clearly state the last student standing would be declared the winner. Would that mean they'd have to fight each other? She could never do that, it would tear her apart. Would they both kill themselves? No..........Nobody would win if that happened, so what was the point? She'd rather have her love live than she. After all she was nothing but a failure, her whole life she has strived to be perfect. The only thing she's become perfect at was being a perfect bitch. Did she deserve to live? After living a life of lies? She was tainted by her mother and turned into a total monster, Felix defied those rules and ended up breaking her out of that spell. No, she didn't want to go back to that world where she'd be forced to perfect. She didn't want to be perfect, she didn't want to die.......But by dying she'd be helping Felix get ahead, one less obstacle to overcome. She'd also be escaping the real world and its impurities. Venus didn't want to be exposed anymore than she has been already, the things she had done however were unforgivable to herself. She knew what she had to do.....She wiped her tears, looking at that red red rose growing toward the sky.

Venus wanted to be that rose, a flower had nothing really to worry about except growing. They didn't have to deal with killing people, or dealing with senseless drama. With one hand she caressed the flower and smiled at it, at how free it was. She wanted to wash the evil from her being and the only way to do that was to release her soul to the milky way. Let her body waste away and have roses grow in its place. That would be nice. Venus ran her fingers through its velvet petals, then leaned in to smell its sweet aroma. She remembered a biology field trip when they went to a botanical garden. It was beautiful, so many flowers littering the ground, spreading its pollen everywhere to produce more flowers. Tulips, dahlias, carnations, daisies, sunflowers, all different kinds of all different shapes and colors. The Goddess of Love brushed her hair out of her face, smiling at the true beauty of the garden. Her thoughts know went back to Felix, she recalled the first day she met him. It was the day she broke up with her boyfriend at the time: Kurt Cassilda. A chuckle escaped the fair maidens lips remembering the dysfunction of the scene. How mad she had gotten when Felix made it seem she had cheated on him. The chuckle evolved into a heart filled laugh.

The whole situation blew out of proportion, Kurt almost faught with Felix and ended up getting him kicked out. She was angry at Felix for a time, but she easily succumbed to his charming personality. Even though it was embarassing it didn't matter, it was still one of the best days of her life. Since then her heart welled up and it was head over heels from that point on. "Oh Felix, I'm going to miss you so much..." she said calmly, trying to force back her tears. A butterfly lazily flew in dotted circles around the various roses, landing on the one she happened to be feeling. Venus smiled at the creature, it was an electric blue butterfly; the wings blazed like neon. The butterfly flew from the rose and landed on Venus' head. She giggled a little, happy to be of some company for such an elegant insect. "Thanks for keeping me company. I'm tired of being alone.....But I'm not anymore..." she said to herself realizing this. She had Felix and she had the butterfly. "What do you think your doing!?" Venus turned startled to see the grey headmistress from her 'perfect' class back at the school. "I-I'm not doing anything...." she said quielty. The grey lady had a expression of disapproval on her face and slowly came foreward. Her grey dress swept the floor; the whole area around her felt eerie and dark. "Have you forgotten what I have taught you? You completley just threw away more precise teaching and for what? Love?" The grey lady snottily laughed at her own statement. "You'll gain nothing from love. He's not coming back don't you realize that? Your just standing here like a ninny doing nothing! The game has dwindled down.....This is yoru chance to strike!" she said.

Venus looked at the grey lady with an angered and annoyed look on her face. "No." The grey lady was taken aback by the answer. "Have you gone completley mad? You'll never be perfect with that kind of attitude!" Venus smiled now, the butterfly still, afraid of the lady standing before them. "I don't want to be perfect." The eyes on the grey lady widened. "Nonsense! Everybody wants to be perfect! Now take your sword and go off become the last one standing!" Venus slowly went to her thrown katana and picked it up, she looked at it, eyeing its rusty qualities. She then approached the grey lady, with eyes on the sword. "Thats a good gi-" But she was cut off, Venus made a swift motion with the katana and slammed the blade into the grey ladys stomach. Grey blood spilled from her mouth as she stumbled back, the girl pulled the sword away dripping with grey blood. Grasping her throat the grey lady stumbled backwards, and in a matter of moments became nothing but a mass of grey smoke which slowly vanished into the gardens atmosphere. Venus smiled, the butterfly fluttered its wings in approval.

"Okay my friend, its time to go." she said. The butterfly flew from Venus' head and into the layed out palm of her hand. He looked at Venus with big insect eyes, it didn't want her to go. The girl chuckled and then gave the little creature a warm smile. "Come on, don't be like that. I'll see you eventually. I promise....." The butterfly beleived the girls soft expression and decided to fly alway into the depths of the botanical garden. Now Venus was all alone, she looked at her katana and pointed it toward the rose she admired not to long ago. She then turned the blade, pointing it toward her stomach. One single tear managed to escape her left eye, it slowly glided down her cheek. This was it, the moment of truth. Do you have enough courage Venus? she asked herself. Do you beleive? "Yes........I beleive....." she said now with a serious expression her face. Her mind drifted toward that passionate kiss she had with Felix, the highlight of her life. With one of her hands she touched her lips remembering that warm sensation she felt when Felix pressed his mouth against hers. She smiled as she continued to remember, glad that she had the oppertunity to feel what love and noprmality truly felt like. Thanks for everything Felix, you saved me from myself. I'm in your debt eternally...... "Goodbye Love....."

And with a quick motion she plunged the katana through her stomach. Venus' eyes widened and stood for a few moments there, taking it all in. Then the Goddess of Love fell to the ground, warm blood spread through her clothes and thorugh spilled onto the floor. She started to feel wet and heavy, her eyelids slowly closed as the air within her lungs became still. Before she gave in another tear escaped her right eye, stationing itself in the middle of her cheek before he swiftly slid down to the ground mixing with her blood. The electric blue butterfly landed on that same rose the ex-living Venus touched, it looked sad as it watched the blood seep through her clothes and onto the ground. Looking at the girl brought tears to its insect eyes, but it couldn't do anything about it, he was only a mere insect. Just then a shiny pink colored butterfly fluttered its wings and landed on the same rose the blue butterfly was on. The blue insect looked at the pink butterfly and suddenly its buggy tears dried. The two locked attenaes and then took off from the rose. Flashes of blue and pink flared through the air as the pair of butterflies flew off from the botanical gardens, flying to a a paradise ncalled happiness.  

G72 VENUS GWENDOLYN  STATUS: DEAD
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Strawberry Prince. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “Botanical Garden”