No Rest for the Weary

While not especially large, containing roughly five stories, this hotel once served as a temporary residence for island tourists. Perhaps the hotel could serve as a safe haven for you as well? Don't let your guard down here, however, you never know who's watching you from the shadows.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Ricky swore inwardly.  It seemed like everything was spiraling out of control and no matter what he tried to do, he couldn't steer it back on the right course.  Part of him was thankful that the calvalry burst onto the scene just then in the form of Vesa Turunen.  Vesa seemed to take over Ricky's position, firing at the blonde-headed girl that had been attacking him.  He couldn't help but think to himself that maybe this was a sign that he should take Whitney, get the hell out of dodge, and let Vesa deal with a problem he apparently wanted to involve himself in.

Still... could he really do that to his friend?  Just... leave him there and hope that he could take Mariavel out?  He didn't know why he was having doubts, especially judging Mariavel against him.  Vesa was double her size and aptly equipped to handle the deranged girl.  He bit his lower lip slightly, still not sure what course of action to take.  He was trying to tune out everything... Danya's announcement, the onslaught of verbal abuse that was being exchanged between Vesa and Mariavel.

C'mon Ricky... all you've got to do is focus on what you need to be doing... and do it.

"Whit... let's go," he choked out finally.

He received nothing but a questioning glance from the blonde.  What was she supposed to do?  Did he really want her to just abandon Vesa?  What on earth was he thinking?  Besides, they didn't even know where Gail was anymore, shouldn't they find her?  She wanted answers, but looking at the dark-headed boy before her, she knew that he couldn't give her the answers that she wanted.  She tried to reply, but it came out as a muffled choke.

"... Do you trust me?" he inquired in almost a whisper.

"... What?" she responded.

"Do you trust me?" he reiterated.

"I... yes," she stated finally.

"Then run," he ordered.

"But... what--"

He cut her off.  He didn't have any answers.  All he knew was that if they didn't get out of here and now, they'd probably get caught in the crossfire, and odds were, they wouldn't get out of there at all.

"Just run," he ordered again, grabbing her wrist and dragging her along behind him as he hightailed it down the hallway and away from the imminent brawl that was to follow between Vesa and Mariavel.  He didn't know where he was going, he didn't know what he was doing, but he knew that he had to get away from that place, and those people, if he wanted to live to see another day on the island.  He wasn't going to be able to protect anybody if he couldn't even survive himself, and he had to survive, because now, he had somebody to protect... and he couldn't let her down.

((Ricky and Whitney continued in Unanswered Prayers.))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

Mariavel looked at the boy sadly. She didn't even flinch when he pointed his gun at her. She smiled sadistically and began to laugh lightly. It was menacing. She took comfort in the fact that this boy wouldn't be the one to kill her. To be killed by someone as idiotic as this would be pathetic. She shook her head and laughed out loud.

"My reign of Terror? HA! Please. Like you're any better? What'll happen if it comes to the end? Would you die so your "friends" could live?" She smiled. "Or would you kill them on the spot? I'm thinking the latter."

"Who did I kill? Well, That's a lot of names to remember. I know a few. Carmen Somerset for one. She was a bitch and deserved it. Walter Smith. He raped me. I took revenge. Nich Finlayson. He tried to rape me too. I threw him down a set of stairs, then sliced him to ribbons."

She laughed again.

"Who else? Jaime Dibenidetti. She attacked first. So she died. How about Micheal Neely? He got in my way, so he died too. And This fat kid. I don't remember his name. He tried to kill me after I killed some adult. Was that your Alex? Please... Took him from the world? Are you like an idiot? Over 70 people have been taken from the world in this godforsaken game? What do you have to say to that?"

She sighed and pointed the rifle at him. Her eyes still made the tears come out. She didn't understand why though. She needed to get rid of this boy and find Jodeen Kovalenko.

"It's pointless. Let's just finish it. I'll give you a choice, sound fair?" She smirked darkly.

"Either a firefight, or we could do it hand to hand combat. Your choice.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Mitsuko2. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Croco†

Post by Croco† »

"Hah...arkailija..." (Coward...) sneered Vesa as he eyed Mariavel coldly, "I now know who you are...Mariavel Vallara...and let me tell you that I've only killed out of necessity.  The first one...that Sylvea girl...she pulled a gun on me, and when I tried to help her out of all things.  What did you expect me to do, let her put a bullet in my brain?"  He set his pack down and opened it, his eyes never leaving the girl in front of him.  "The last one was an accident...I was after you and I ended up taking the other girl.  Big deal...I fucked up.  I now know the price of my mistake and have come to rectify it."

Vesa sat there with a devilish grin on his face as Mariavel rattled off the names of those that she had slain.  None of them rang any bells to him; the only one he could have possibly had any contact with was Jaime Dibenidetti because she was in the same homeroom as him.  But he never really talked to her much, so it didn't really matter.  One less person to deal with, he thought to himself.  The tale of how she did Nich Finlayson in brought a bit of a snicker to him as he fished around for something in his pack.

But Vesa was taken when Mariavel mentioned the number that have already died...more than seventy.  He let it sink in for a moment, a shiver running down his spine at the mere thought before he cleared a wave of hair from over his eyes.  "Even if I am an idiot, I still have the same goal," he said softly, "I want to get off this island...this hell on Earth as much as you do.  I don't care about anything or anyone any more...I just want to go back home...back to Finland..."  His eyes started to water a bit, though he never took them off of the girl as he stashed away the Beretta.  "That is where I belong..."

He revealed the diver's knife to Mariavel as she leveled the rifle at him.  Another cold shiver ran through Vesa's body; this was the first time he had felt in danger of losing his life...and he stood up with a grin on his face as she laid down the challenge.  "Drop it..." he said, pointing the blade at the rifle, "or are you too much of a coward to fight without something to turn the tide in your favor?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Croco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

Mariavel smirked when Vesa hid his gun in his daypack. He was going to make this easy. How boring. She watched him warily though. Who knew if he would pull it out and attempt to shoot her. He pulled out a tiny knife and stood. She kept the rifle trained on him, waiting to see if he would produce any more weapons. She smiled darkly when he didn't.

"A little knife like that?! That's all you have?!" She yelled sarcastically. He didn't know who the hell he was dealing with. The idiot punk.

She quickly made her way to her own daypack. She dumped both the pistol and the Rifle into it. She stood and unbuckled the Machete from her calve. She pulled the Tomahawk from the back of her Jeans and Got into a fighting position. She was ready for this.

"OH, by the way. That Pistol was a gift to me from your friend Alex." She taunted.

"Prepare yourself! I won't hold back! You have no chance!" She screamed and ran at him like a wild animal. She swung both weapons at the large boy when in range before jumping to the side and facing him again, hoping to have injured the boy.

It was about to begin. The battle she was waiting for.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Mitsuko2. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Croco†

Post by Croco† »

An evil grin started to form as Vesa slowly backed away; he knew that Mariavel would say something to that extent as he held the knife in front of him.  An uneasy gulp came from his throat as he continued to retreat, inviting her to charge as she dumped her own firearms into her pack.

"You underestimate me..." is all he said, holding his free hand out and beckoning her to come.  But Vesa knew that all the physical strength in the world meant nothing to a wild girl wielding a tomahawk and machete in each hand.  He would have to use his head and figure out a way to outsmart her...and he had a trick up his sleeve.  He knew what he had to do, but he froze for a moment when Mariavel told him of the pistol she got as a "gift" from his fallen friend.

The moment of hesitation was brief as Mariavel screamed and charged at Vesa.  He knew that she would do that as well as the grin grew wider.  "Come to Papa..." he whispered as he glanced over his shoulder to see the axe he had impaled into the wall during his outburst after hearing of Matthias' death.  When he saw Mariavel closing the gap, he sidestepped her with the machete barely grazing his forearm.  It was enough to make Vesa let out a brief, but harsh scream as he lifted his arm to check it; sure enough, she left a gash several inches long across the forearm.  He could barely feel a tinge of pain coming on as he rose to his full height again, grabbing the axe and pulling it out of the wall.

"Prepare to die!" he growled, gripping the axe tightly and swinging it at Mariavel's torso.  He held the knife against the handle of the axe, relegating it to a secondary position in case he lost the weapon in his hands as he held it in front of him in a defensive position.  The adrenaline was racing through Vesa's body at a level that he had never known...not even before the biggest games in his life.

He was fighting for his life...he knew there was no going back as he eyed Mariavel.  It had began...and he knew the world was watching.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Croco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

Mariavel smiled when the large boy screamed out as the Machete ripped through the skin of his forearm. She watched him check the wound, then grimaced when he pulled his large axe from the wall in which it was impaled. Come to think of it. The axe sort of looked like the one imbedded in Marimar Perez. Could it be the very same one? Doubtful.

Vesa swung at Mariavel, causing a scream to rip from her mouth as it slashed across her hip when she attempted to dodge. She could feel the blood seeping though her jeans, and felt it snake down her leg. It wasn't terribly painful, but it was undoubtedly the worst wound she had received since the game begun.

When she fought Jaime Dibenidetti, all she received was a shoulder in the stomach. From Tanesha Lexx, a sprained ankle. During her first bought with Walter smith, she was brutally raped, but that was more an emotional blow than a physical one. Nich Finlayson had injured her left elbow, and Chiaki Takao merely hit her in the gut. Alex Ovechkin had grazed her with a bullet. Michael Neely hit her with a Golf Club. Ricky Callahan had nicked her with a bullet. None of them had given her a serious wound. And now that Vesa Had, Mariavel was pissed.

"You Fucker.... I'll kill you!" She screamed at the boy. She ran at him again, diving to the floor, and catching herself with her hands. She flipped herself over the larger boy, landing behind him. Cheerleading had done her a lot of good in this game. She slashed at the boy's back with both of her weapons before backing away and going on the defensive. She didn't even know if her assault had indeed hit.
Croco†

Post by Croco† »

((OOC: Uhh...that part at the end could be considered god-modding.  I really don't know what I could do with this, and especially considering the RL stress I'm under.  I'm gonna need some time to think about this one...))
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

OOC: well, i edited it, hope that helps
Croco†

Post by Croco† »

((All right, I can work with that...now, back to the show...))

A sick, sadistic grin started to form on Vesa's face as his blade met Mariavel's hip, knowing that he was able to get a shot in on her.  He was one step closer to his goal, though it was a tiny step as he eyed her, ready to strike.  He watched as she charged him, taking a small step back.

"Come..." he growled softly to himself just as she hit the floor.  Vesa took a swing at her, but was taken as she caught herself with her hands and somersaulted over him.  This left him vulnerable and Mariavel took full advantage, leaving a long streak down the larger boy's back, the result of the tomahawk finding its mark as Vesa turned.  He howled in agony, dropping to one knee...he had taken sticks to the face before, but he was used to the armored shoulder padding covering his back.  There was no such luxury as he took to his feet again.

"You psychotic bitch..." he muttered as she took a defensive posture.  He knew that throwing his "sidearm" wouldn't do much good, but Vesa was willing to do anything to rid himself of the maniac he was fighting.  Propping his axe against the wall, Vesa screamed and threw the diver's knife at her, hoping that he could hit her...but he clearly had more accuracy with a hockey stick in his hand than using his hands themselves.  Still, it was worth a try as he waited for the knife to embed itself into something...the wall, the handle of a blade...or better yet, in Mariavel's flesh as he stood and waited for her to attack.  But when she didn't, the towering Finn looked down at her, almost as if he was about to start laughing at her.  "You think that a few scratches will be enough to do me in?  If that's so, then your brain is just like your heart...reduced to nothing."  He knew those words would sting as much as his axe could, maybe a little more...but he knew that a little trash talk to bait her into a charge couldn't hurt.  "If it works on the ice, then it's sure to work here..." he thought to himself as he awaited Mariavel's next move.
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

Mariavel smiled wickedly when she saw her large opponent cry out in pain. He turned to her and called her a psychotic bitch. Not that she could really give two shits. He was just another pawn. Nothing but a foolish boy who got too mixed up in something he wouldn't be able to finish. Even with the wound on her hip, she had more than enough energy to take him out. He would die like all the others. Then she'd go and find Jodeen. She only hoped she wasn't too late. She had to keep her promise. Her promise to the boy whom she had killed.

She was caught by surprise when he suddenly screamed and threw his knife at her. It was like it moved in slow motion. It spun in the air, coming closer and closer. She let out a bloodcurdling scream when the blade impaled itself into her left bicep. She looked at it with disdain and grabbed at it with her right hand. She painfully withdrew it, seeing her own blood staining the blade.

"Fucker..." she said under her breath... almost at a whisper. It was eerie. "You'll pay for that one..."

He looked at her as if she was pathetic. His tortuous words only seemed to solidify something. He wasn't Vesa Turunen any longer. He was Ali Grayston. And Sera Wingfield. And all the others who looked at her as if she was the least important thing in the world. She became enraged.

"Don't you dare laugh at me!" She was visibly shaking with anger. She wanted to kill him. She tossed the diver's knife behind her, and looked at him with a new fire in her eyes. He would be the first. The first to pay the price.

"You bastard... My heart was broken long ago... as if it's any of your business. So just come and die like a good little boy. It'll make it so much easier." She smiled and lunged at him, slashing away, multiple assaults coming towards him, he hoping to hit him with at least one. With every swing she knew she was running out of time. She was going to faint soon. She had to get some water, and bandage her wounds. Her vision was getting fuzzy. She needed to end this fight!

"Die!"
Croco†

Post by Croco† »

The adrenaline was starting to boil over as Vesa watched the blade dive into Mariavel's arm, a smile of approval starting to slowly form on his face.  The smile quickly turned to a grin as she screamed out, the boy clutching his axe and biding his time.  The game had turned him into a cold, calculating predator...he was waiting for Mariavel to become weakened to the point where she would be easy to kill.  He knew that it was time to live up to a name that was given to him in admiration...the wildcat in him was starting to come out a little more with each minute that passed.

But when she protested the laughter, that made Vesa a little more wrathful.  Yet, he still found the reaction a bit amusing as he stepped forward.

"Hah...how predictable," he scoffed, "You think you can just kill me as if it was nothing?  I don't know about the others, but I'm sure that's exactly what happened.  But what do I know...I made it a point to..."

It was then that he was cut off after he heard Mariavel speak again...and basically telling him to roll over so she can kill him.  The rage began to bubble over until he could no longer contain it.

"MINÄ ETSIÄ KATTI!!!" (I am the Hunting Cat) Vesa screamed, tossing his head back to shake the bangs out from in front of his eyes, "I will not die for you!"  He wanted to charge...to lash out at Mariavel for insulting his very will to endure, which has kept him alive for the duration of the game.  There was no way that Vesa was just going to roll over for her, even as she swiped wildly at him; he knew that her uncontrolled attacks would come and that gave him the edge as he sidestepped or blocked each swing with his axe.  When she was done, Vesa leaned up against the wall, panting heavily as he slumped to the floor, his back to the wall.  The pain was starting to set back in as he eyed Mariavel...and though she didn't land any blows with her blades, she did succeed in wearing the big Finn out for the time being.

"I'm sorry..." he huffed, "but this has got to end...one way...or the other.  And I've made it a point...to leave here alive."  He was beginning to feel a little woozy as well as he turned to face forward again.  "And that means killing you...for everyone that has died so far...for Alex..."  Vesa looked back down the corridor toward the area where he first encountered Mariavel.  "For Matti..."

Then he turned his head to the sky and closed his eyes briefly.  "...and for Jodeen..."
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

Mariavel swung and swung at the larger boy. None of her attacks hit. Not a one. With every swing she felt herself losing control. She didn't want to be here. But she'd kill him if she had to.... Right? She stopped swinging and took a few steps away from the boy. Both of them were immensely out of breath. She would kill him. That was what she had to do. She had no choice. Kill or be killed. Right? No... she knew that was just a plain lie. She didn't want to kill him. She ever wanted to kill any of them, did she? She was just lying to herself. Over and over and over again.

She sadly looked at the boy. He was just as tired as she was. He was wounded, so was she. She felt the blood running down her leg still. She had to treat that wound soon. It hurt. It was too painful. Vesa once again began to speak. She leaned against the wall behind her as he did. He told her it had to end. He had to kill her for everyone who had died.

"Sorry to... burst your bubble...." She panted. "but Jodeen's still alive.... I'll protect that girl with... my life..." She said before turning around and slowly walking away from the large Finn. She didn't bother to look back. She knew he wouldn't follow. They both knew this battle was over.

She found her bags and her weapons. She re-attached her machete and the tomahawk was back in place in her jeans. She swung the rifle over her body and grabbed the knife Vesa had thrown at her. The pain in her arm had not subsided either. She threw the weapon down the hall towards the male. She didn't need it. She swung the bag over her shoulder as well, and began to leave the hotel.

She had to leave. It hurt. Worse than any of her injuries. Her heart. It felt like it was being torn in two. If only Lavvy was there. Mariavel might be able to save herself. But she would never be able to.

Continued: Heart Of A Devil
Croco†

Post by Croco† »

A fiery rage started to build within Vesa...not only did she tell him that Jodeen was still alive, but she was going to protect her?  He lifted the axe with what little strength he had left and pointed it at her, the blood from the slash across his back beginning to seep through.

"So she's stronger than you expected her to be, eh?  Can't help but to feel at least SOME sense of respect...even if she is a sociopath that isn't worthy of the air she breathes.  'Sides, you know she isn't going to protect Jodeen...she'll end up suffering the same fate as her brother in the corner over there."

He then eyed her with a gaze that could turn one to stone.  "You...you lie," he said simply, "I've now seen who you are, Mariavel...you don't wanna protect her.  You want to kill her...just like you did to her brother.  When I kill you and get off this island, I will tell her of you and what you did to Matti...and what you were about to do to her."  Vesa watched the girl as she disappeared.  He didn't pursue her...at least for the time being as he had important matters to attend to, namely the dressing of the wounds she inflicted on him.  Slowly, he forced himself to pick up the knife Mariavel discarded, still stained with fresh blood before taking it to his pack and putting it inside.  Then he sifted through it for the one thing that could prolong his life - even if only for a couple more hours - the first aid kit.

Showing no emotion, Vesa tended to his injured forearm as the loudspeaker came to life.  He knew the rolls of tape and bandages he confiscated from the hospital would come in handy as he dressed the wound; it wasn't perfect as he had to wrap one section, cut the roll with his knife, and tape it so it wouldn't fall.  All the while, he was listening to Danya's latest announcement and hearing the names of those that had died.  A smile, though brief, came over the big Finn's face when he heard the boiler room scene being described.  "Hell of a way to go..." he thought as Danya moved on to Garry Dodd.  He had heard the rumors that he was related to Adam, the winner of the first edition of Survival of the Fittest, but dismissed them as just that.  Anyone could have the name Dodd and it could've been just another case of irony presenting itself to everyone.

The next two made Vesa drop what he was doing and lower his head.  Andi Ayala was the first person he encountered on the island...he was the one that he shared visions of bloodlust with as they made their way into a tangled web of drugs and escape plots.  Peter Rosenthal was someone that he knew for a long time...as an online pen pal while he still lived in Finland that he wanted to meet for real.  He wanted that opportunity to be under better circumstances than what they were outside the hospital as a tear rolled down his cheek, couple with the pain that was starting to build.  Part of it was the physical pain that was inflicted in the fight with Mariavel...but another part was purely emotional as he lifted his head to the heavens.

"Hyvästijättö...Antti...ja Petteri..." (Farewell, Andi...and Peter) he said, using the Finnish versions of their names, "Valhalla awaits...but you were lucky...lucky to have died in the arms of someone you love.  I don't think...I'll share that in my fate."  The rest of the announcement was irrelevant to Vesa as he continued to tend to his wound, the damage having already been done.

He had just finished the forearm and was just about to see what he could do with his back when he heard something that he hadn't heard before.

Beep...beep...beep...

Vesa was confused.  He had already lost a bit of blood and thought he was hearing things as he packed up and started to make his way throughout the hotel.  Eventually, he would come across the body of one Ernest Decarteret, and Vesa smiled when he knelt down beside him.

"We meet again, old friend," he said, "So much for your little escape plan..."  He opened Ernest's pack and the first thing he saw was the ball of twine; it wasn't much, but enough for what he had in mind for his next victim as he stashed it away.  "Oh, and I hope that life is good for you north of sixty-six..."  The last comment was a teasing one as the beeping started to become more incessant...and then it hit him.

"Shit...this has become a danger zone..."

It took him a while, but Vesa was able to make his way back out the front lobby and into the open again, looking back to see what was the final resting place of his best friend...at least in New Jersey...before heading off to wherever would stop the beeping...

((Continued in Carry Stress in the Jaw))

Return to “The Hotel”