Shoot to Thrill

Although it's called a hospital, it's really more of an island clinic. It's a relatively small building, covered in whites and pastels to give it a clean and sterile look. Even the waiting rooms and the patient rooms in the back beg for a little color. The cupboards and cabinets still contain various medications prescribed by clinic physicians. It's the opportune place to head if you're needing to tend to a few wounds -- it's also the opportune place to head if you're set on picking off the weak links.
Ares

Shoot to Thrill

Post by Ares »

((Continued from The Beast and the Harlot))

Damn this rain. I know this is just God's way of punishing us. Murder is a sin, and I have sinned. I prayed all last night for forgiveness, but it will do me no good. This island is Hell. I may never understand why we were chosen to participate in this game, but obviously God intended us to be here for a reason.

Steven had been walking for a long time. He had stopped to rest on his way to the hospital only once. He only took the rest because he knew the hospital was a dangerzone. During this time he re-read his manual, prayed and slept. Once he woke up from his rest, he listened to the announcements and was delighted that Danya had not made the hospital stay a dangerzone.

Maybe the bastard isn't such a bastard afterall

Steven then felt a shooting pain through his right leg. It was a reminder of the reason he was going to the hospital instead of heading for the church. He had a pain in his leg from where the girl he shot had attempted to take him down. He didn't believe it was serious, but he wanted to look for a tensor bandage or something to help keep it from swelling and to help keep him as mobile as he could be. He rounded the corner of the makeshift trail he was on and found that he had finally arrived at his destiny.

Carefully, Steven drew his revolver. He knew it hadn't been long since the hospital was cleared, but you could never be too sure of who was around, as he'd learned from the manual. Steven could see the front doors, but decided to look for an alternate entrance. After a few minutes he found a service entrance. He slowly opened the door and crept in. Moving as quietly as he could he made his way down the deserted hallway. He was obviously in the kitchen area of the hospital since he could see the oven's and food prep. stations in the rooms on his right and left. He also could see they had been stripped of any portable weapons.

Man. This place is creepy as hell.

Steven finally found a staircase and made his way up to the first floor. He once again moved cautiously down the hallway until he came to a door that was marked "Medical Supplies". The door was locked, but didn't appear strong. Steven knew that if he kicked the door in, the noise could draw attention, but there were enough places to hide quickly if he heard someone coming. He placed his daypack on the ground next to him, and laid his revolver on top of it. He then reared back and placed a well aimed kick to the door. The door gave way, but unfortunately for Steven, he had suffered a momentary lapse of judgment and kicked the door was his injured right leg.

"Son of a bitch!" Steven breathed through his clenched teeth. He instantly dropped and tried to massage his leg through the pain, all the while breathing heavily to help calm himself down.

You idiot. Well, at least you just provided a laugh for Danya's viewers, you moron.

Steven picked himself back up being careful to keep most of his weight on his left. He gathered up his gun and daypack and entered the supply room, finding the tensor bandages on a shelf to his left. He made his way back out of the room, and across the hall to one of the patient rooms. There he began to wrap his swollen calf muscle and listening for any other signs of life.
Stuff. Things. Stuff and things.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

Kevin was getting a bit fed up with the rain by this time, now that he had already gotten a soaker in his left foot. Boy, did he hate soakers. In the distance he could see a small building. According to his map that he had looked at earlier, he assumed it was the hospital. The chances of it being full of people were high, chances of him being attacked were high, and the chance of him getting any shut eye any time soon, well.. that was slim to shit none in his mind.

He pressed on and planned to walk mearly past the hospital unless someone attacked him. He still hadn't used his weapon, none the less bothered to check what it was really. He knew how to take things out with his body and if it came to that, the other company would be the one in pain.

"I'm fucking Polish for christ's sake.." He mumbled to himself almost in a proud and bragging way.

As he neared the building, he decided to enter and make his way to the stairs immediently upon entering. He got off on the second floor and not to far away he could see a young guy with his ruck sack walking around.

"Oi! Kid."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler baby_g. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Fuck.

Steven slowly turned around to face the person that had just shouted. His hand slowly crept into the daypack and found the handle of the gun. Once Steven had fully turned to greet this mystery person, he found that it was no mystery who the kid was. It was Kevin Kapustiak from his own homeroom. While he'd never been friendly with Kevin, they didn't hate each other. Steven pulled his hand back out of his daypack, leaving the gun in the bag.

"Hey Kevin. It's me Steve Smith from homeroom. Look man, I mean you no harm, I was just trying to find a tensor bandage is all."

Steven then remembered that his name had been announced on the P.A. that he had killed that girl.

"I don't know if you heard that I killed a girl, but I can assure you it was an accident."

Bullshit. You murdered her and you know it
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

"Mean me no harm? Are you listening to yourself Steve, you're sounding like a fucking pussy."

As far as his memory served him, he and Steve were pretty decent friends. Though they might not have talked alot, they knew eachother and sometimes when to the same get togethers as eachother, whether it be bowling or watching movies at peoples houses. He never really struck Kevin as the 'I'm going to kill people type' either.

"I dont care dude, I'm just hungry. Got any burgers?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler baby_g. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Kevin's question about burgers had caught Steve off guard.

"Wha..? Oh, ha, no I don't have any burgers. I wish I did though. Unfortunately I have not been blessed with the greatest of times out here so far. The first girl I met was a complete lunatic and tried to kill me, hence why I had to shoot her. It was completely unintentional, but I still pulled the trigger. Then somehow my leg was hurt in the scuffle, and I had to limp all the way here, barely getting any rest and finally I have to wrap my stupid leg since I hurt it.  Well enough about my little rant. How's it been out there for you? Did you see anyone else heading this way? That way we could plan how to defend ourselves."

((Steve is continued in Cold Cash and Colder Hearts))
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

Kevin shrugged off Steve's question about who he had met. For someone who hadn't ment to kill a girl, he was really ramballing on about it.

"This chick tried to jump me. I let her go and walked away. Figured I'd come here, seeing as I'm hungry and need to get out of the rain. Isn't there anything for food in this place? I mean, Hospitals always have shitty food, but they got to have something right?"

He began to walk towards one of the rooms which door was already open. It was a small room, probably used for quick 'in and out' patients. The idea made him laugh alittle. The room had a window somewhat in the middle of the outter wall, with thin white curtians that didn't even reach the bottem of it. On the left side of the wall, walking into the room, there was a bed with old sheets on it, and a night table with a lamp and paper resting on it. On the right of the room was a closet with patient gowns hanging in it and a small love sofa next to it. It looked like leather, though he couldn't really tell due to it being somewhat torn up and old looking.

"Come in here," He motioned as he himself walked into the room. "There might be something for you in here. There might be food."
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

((OCC: Scipher gave moi permission to control Steve for this postage))

As Kevin walked into the small room, he knew that any chance or finding something to eat was like trying to pick pepper out of fly shit. It wasn't going to happen. He walked over to the bed and took the sheets of it and threw them on the ground. He was used to living in a cluttered space, so he might as well make this one feel like home. He sat up on the bed, resting against the wall with his pack right beside him. He tried to offer Steve a seat to sit, but the boy seemed kind of distant, like there was something he had troubling him. Kevin was usually pretty good at figuring out when something was troubling someone. There were always those dead give aways.

1. the darting of eyes or biting of lip
2. the ummmms and uhhhhhhs
3. the constant need to express a point of view over and over and over again
and lastly
4. the fact they act like something is troubling them.

It was at this moment that Kevin decided he'd finally look inside his bad to see what his weapon was.

What the fuck is this?!

Kevin pulled out a bag of 12 sticks. They looked somewhat like they'd be used as a bomb or something. They weren't that big, so if he was going to, he'd have to be close to his target. He opened his water bottle and took a big gulp as he thought about what his next move would be. His main deal wasn't Steve, he seemed fine. What he really needed to do was find out if anyone else he knew was stuck here as well. he sure didn't want to be stuck in this crumby old musty smelling room for much longer either. If he was going to find anything out, he'd have to start moving again. As long as he didn't run into anymore crazy chick along the way.

"Well Steve..." Kevin said, as he jumped down from the bed and began to put everything back into his bag, "It's about time I hit the road. Nice seeing ya again."

He walked to Steve and shook him had as he said his good-byes and left the room. As he silently wished his friend Steve luck for rest of the game he'd have to face, for Kevin, it was all just beginning.

((Continued elsewhere...))

Return to “The Hospital”