La De Da

The expressway traverses the entire island, running from end to end and leading everywhere and nowhere. This long and winding road once served as the primary route of transportation across the island. Now, it's become just another part of the fight for survival.
Strawberry Prince†

La De Da

Post by Strawberry Prince† »

((Continued from Natural Disaster))

Paris walked along the winding road of the expressway. What once used to be the epicenter of all transportation, something like this existed in New Jeresy and that was the freeway. It was something that greatly annoyed this particular member of the Persphone family. Flashes of memories of being in the car while on the freeway to some random location went thorugh his mind. The night was crisp and sharp, but Paris didn't let the cold get to him, he focused on moving to his next location. The boy made it clear in his head that he wouldn't be staying here long, the last thing he needed was to be attacked in an wide-open freeway. One of the reasons why he hated them so.

"Its this way!!" Maria Persphone pratically shrieked, she waved the map in the air trying to point the spot to the hotel they were supposed to check in to.......Two hours ago.......Francis Persphone who was the designated driver for this journey waved the map away as he concentrated on the raod. "I'm telling you its this way. YOU don't even know how to read maps." Marias eye twitched and her grip on the map became tigher and tighter until the corner of it became crushed.

Francis Persphone was a stubborn man, he beleived he in fact knew everything. Anyone can tell him they have some sort of symptom thats bothering them, and he'd tell them the exact cure. Of course most of the time it would only lead to more pain, something Paris has learned from his father was to go to a licensed doctor when he had a health problem. No matter how many times Papa Persphone pleaded for him to try out some of his random medications to help cure the problem Paris would refuse and insist on being taken to a professional.

Apparently he knew all about geography as well, and just like the health case he beleived he knew all about the city of Niagra. Even though its a place he hasn't been in his life........Ever.....Maria started to study the map, 100% positive that she is right about which direction needs to be taken to the Holiday Inn their supposed to be staying at. Paris just layed in the back seat, his legs lying straight with his back against the corner of the seat. He looked out the window, Niagra looked like death. Broken and abandonded houses littered with construction workers occupied this part of town.

Thay've just been on the freeway for who knows how long and know theirs trouble with getting to the hotel within the city limits. The clock has ticked two hours away, and now every second started to chip away at Paris' sanity. The constant bickering of his parents made him cringe when certain words or accents were being used. Vacation was something he dreaded with his parents. "Do you see any hotel here!? Were in a dump!" "Well I thought it was this way.....It must be...." "Oh no, your not choosing the next direction I am!" Maria yelled at him as she continued to scan the map in her hands.

After another ten minutes the Persphone clan ended up in the normal part of town. The part that was actually liveable, however still no signs of the hotel. "Now were getting somewhere..." Maria smiled proudly, winning yet another battle with her husband. "Oooh, okay I see now...." Francis glanced at the map and got ready to turn right. "Okay turn left now......What are you doing!? Turn left! Turn left!" The exact opposite was done, which resulted in more screeching and scowling toward Francis. "I'm trying to get to the damn hotel! Would YOU like to drive instead?!" His patience started to dwindle as he made a U-Turn.

Paris rolled his eyes and trying to zone out his parents and consentrate on the wonderful sleep he'll have tonight. The boy always enjoyed a fresh bed in a hotel, nothing lower than 4-Stars of course. He boredly stared out the window, watching various buildings go buy. He didn't know where the hell they were, Paris was too focused on sleeping in the car, blocking out his parents constant screams, reading a book, or litsening to his ipod.

Yet even though he hardly noticed anything on the journey he did know somethings. Thats when a pecuiliar text caught his eye; Something started to trouble the currents of his digestive juices within him. He looked back at his parents in the front seat, still arguing about which direction to go. Opening his mouth, Paris calmly said "What city are we supposed to be in?" Francis ignored him while Maria, who glued her eyes to the map hastily muttered "Niagra." "Well just in case you haven't noticed......Were in Toronto..."

Back to the prison called the freeway, nothing but concerete and steel traveling and traveling until it reaches a certain destination. Nothing to see but the random buildings, fields, and occasinal beaches on the coast. Nothing to do but let the boredom course through your veins like a poison. It was something that Paris suffered from during vacation. And since he was underaged he had no choice, that was the most painful part of all.

And now here he was again, back on the freeway. A determined look was on his face, confident and collected. He wouldn't let the icy airs stop him, but of course he needed shelter. Paris did consider to go back to the residential area but thats totally out of the question after what just took place there. However he was not bored, annoyed that he is on a 'freeway' but not bored. He had too much on his mind at the moment to be worried about the cold. Nevertheless the thought of being on an expressway on one of the most crucial days of his life made Paris feel tired, grumpy, and agitated. With a sigh he continued up the turnpike in silence, not even muttering a simple tune to help make the journey go faster.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Strawberry Prince. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
AtomicWaffle†

Post by AtomicWaffle† »

((Continued from Relative Safety))

Licinia trudged down the road. Rain poured down her neck, and she was cold. Yet still, her longing for human contact seemed to press her on. Her hair, jet black, glistened. The cold, hard road seemed to be void of all life. Although she was used to that. After all, she was shunned and mostly ignored throughout high school.

Sometimes, in school, she would draw pictures of how she wished Lester Treskington would die. He tortured her throughout school, and seemed to vie to make her life worse, at every turn. Often, this was cause for worry as she had been caught by some of her teachers; sketching this gruesome picture of Lester impaled upon a harpoon. Shortly afterwards, Lester threatened to kill her if she ever drew anything like that again. Ironic, how things turned out.

As Licinia had been walking along the road, she saw something on the ground ahead of her. It was a strange shape, she wasn't sure what. She carefully walked closer, until she realized what it was.
"OH! Ergh.." She stepped back, she had seen a most gruesome sight.  Lester Treskington, or what was left of him, lay on the ground in front of her.  He had been ripped in half, and stabbed a horrid amount of times. His other half lay to the side of the road, washed away by the rain. A shocked expression was frozen on his all-too familiar face. Licinia, realizing it was him, breathed a sigh of relief. Finally, it seemed her wishes had come true.
Good riddance.
With a sickening crunch, she stomped into his forehead, rid of this sad excuse for a human being. Her only feeling of remorse was that she didn't kill him herself.

Up ahead, she could see the figure of a person. She gingerly walked over, but the heavy weapon in her bag caused her to lose her balance as she tripped on a chip in the road. She fell at the boy's feet, and struggled to get up.

For the first time in weeks, she uttered one word.

"H-hello?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler AtomicWaffle.
Strawberry Prince†

Paris who was too busy focusing on the road in front of him shuddered as the rain started to fall. God, fucking damit......This is exactly what I need... As he continued he wrapped his arms around him trying to give himself as much warmth as possible. Thats when he heard a plop go off on the ground. Paris looked down to see a bony dark looking girl, it looked like she came right out of a library. He looked down at her as she sputtered the words "H-hello....." A nerd is precisley what she was, and Paris already made up in his mind what he would do if he came across them.

"Why hello, don't have a place to go either at this time of night?" Paris decided to play the nice guy, he took Jack Russel, Mai Oshinaris 'boyfriend' as a prime example of this. He was the hero yet a stupid jackass, perfect for these type of girls. The rain continued to pour down upon them, Paris started to constantly shudder as he held out a helping hand to her. "The names Andy. Nice to meet you...." The sin has been committed, of course his name was publicly announced to the island so if this girl was a good litsener and went to Hobbsborough he wouldn't get a good response.

But the sin was not of lying, it was of his little brother Andy. Andy, Andy, Andy, the boy who accidentally killed himself after playing along the curtain and its wires. The boy who hung before Paris, standing there looking as the living breath choked out of him. The boy Paris didn't save, instead he looked at his impending death with intrest. Childhood naivety....But now was not the time for thinking about the past, now it was the time to plan out the future.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Strawberry Prince. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
AtomicWaffle†

Post by AtomicWaffle† »

Licinia got up off of the wet road. The boy said his name was Andy. He seemed nice enough, at least. At this point, anyone who didn't try and kill her classified as 'nice'.
"Licinia. Licinia Vinici." She managed to blurt out. Licinia looked at the ground.  "I..." She struggled with her words. It wasn't often she actually talked with people. In fact, the only words she had uttered at all in the past year were: "Licinia Vinici". She hoped that one day, someone would recognize her last name, and maybe...Just maybe she could find her family.  "I need help. I can't really find anyone, and there's this body on the road... and I really need to talk to somebody.. Oh, why is this happening?" Licinia seemed to ramble on about everything that happened to her on the island, not seeming to care how insane she seemed to this boy.

"Please... I can't be out here alone!" At this moment, all of the emotions she kept inside, she let loose. Fear, anxiety, sadness, all of these she just let loose upon Andy. She told him everything. It was odd, how she put all of her trust into someone she just met.

She brushed a tear off of her face, and awkwardly hugged the boy in front of her. She had never had anyone to wholeheartedly help her, no person ever seemed to care about her. And yet this boy, Andy, was actually greeting her as she struggled to get to her feet.

It was a wonderful moment, indeed.

If not a little ironic.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler AtomicWaffle.
Strawberry Prince†

Paris was a bit taken back by this sudden hug. The only hugs he would get were from faily members, never another individual related to him. The boy felt the girls thin wet body against his as she hugged him, he was too stunned to do much until he grasped the reality of the situation. Paris hugged Licinia back trying to think of what to say; "U-Uh thats alright. I don't want to be alone either...." The boy noticed that the sky lightened up a little, however that didn't anything stop the rains constant assult on earth.

"Nice to meet you Licinia....So what school are you from?" the two started walking down the expressway, looking for signs of shelter from the icy rain. Paris continued to turn his head back and forth, trying to make out something that could provide any level of dryness. So far his search brought him nothing but meadows and forests. And thats when the announcment rang thorughout the island; Mai Oshinari!?! She's dead? Hah, pathetic. What a shame I couldn't get to her before she got to herself. Weak. How can someone like Mai easily succumb to the stresses of Survival of the Fittest.

The death of Mai made him a bit afraid, Paris had to admit. Someone who was as strong as Mai wouldn't be majorly effected by the game. But then aagain who is that strong to withstand a life changing blow like SOTF? It made him nervous, could the same thing happen to him? No, he had to stay strong, he was way better and more focused than Mai. He continued to trudge along the concerete, however the fact that Mai Oshinari is dead produced some sort of sadness into his mental state. No more morning fights, no more insult corssfire.......He felt a bit sad that the world he aspired to be in faded before his eyes. Nothing would be like it was before, that much is true.
AtomicWaffle†

Post by AtomicWaffle† »

As Licinia walked down the expressway, she found that more and more, she seemed to be able to talk to Andy. Horrible, how the only time she ever fells like talking to people is when she is on a island of death.  
"I'm from Bathurst High School. You might've guessed, I don't talk much..." She looked down towards the ground, subconciously afraid of tripping again. "I really don't have much to talk about, at all. Most of my time at school was spent hiding. Damn Lester Treskington, he deserved what he got. I only wish I could find out who killed him." Licinia suddenly seemed to change, as the more she talked about Lester, the more sinister the look in her eyes. "I want to thank them."

As an orphan, Licinia had never really been shown any sort of compassion , or any other emotion at all. She had been treated like a piece of scrap. This has only served to make her mind more and more warped with each passing day. She wasn't violent, persay, but she was prone to strange bouts of insomnia, and became increasinly unstable. Take this entry in her diary, for instance.

~

Dear Diary.

Oh sweet, dear diary. I know what it is! It's all that simple, like pins and needles! The number seven. All anyone really needs. It's everywhere, like the Sun , it bursts into my mind. More powerful than the Sun, oh it IS, the number seven.

I'm afraid i'll have to cut it short here, I have to find it.

~

This obsession with the number seven seemed to go on for several weeks, often using the Sun as a metaphor. There does not seem to be any explanation as to why, and nothing related to this ever happened again, as far as anyone knows.

"So..." She asked. "How many people have died so far, anyways?"
Strawberry Prince†

Lester Treskington? Whose that?" It seemed the girl shared one of Paris' passion. The passion for revenge; Maybe this won't be as bad as I thought.... Sure she was a nerd, but Paris could make a few exceptions in these kinds of situations. Revenge was something that surged through Paris, in cases like Mai, Jack, Adam, An Linh, and Garry. Two are dead, but he still had a few more to execute vengeance on. There was still time, but now was not the time for revenge it was time to survive.

"Well according to the latest announcment sixteen people died in the last six hours. Looks like some people are busy." And they were, people on the island have decided to play this game and try to kill everyone so they could survive. Of course some could be completley crazy and commit suicide or start a string of muderous kills, their were quite a few of those in Hobbsborough. "Bahturst huh? I'm from.....Franklyn....." Paris rearranged letters in his head to create the next part of his sentence. "Seems they took students different schools and shipped them off here. Those sons of bitches...." Paris made a fist in his hand to show his apparent 'anger' to this inhumane campaign set off by the government.

Acting is reacting as they say.....
AtomicWaffle†

Post by AtomicWaffle† »

((OOC: This doesn't make sense: "...to this inhumane campaign set off by the government."))

Oh, who WAS Lester Treskington?! Not something she expected to hear. Although, the boy was from another school.
"Lester Treskington is..Or was... The most evil piece of dung this world has ever known. A complete idiot who seemed to go around making people's lives hellish, especially ME." Licinia took a deep breath. "He walked around with his circle of "friends" and had no respect for anyone, or anybody. I couldn't care less, until he started to pick on me. Then it was day after day, driving me insane. Once, he just walked up to me and kicked me in the face, breaking my nose. I had to go to the hospital, and the bastard had the nerve to come there and annoy me then!" Licinia grew more and more furious by the second. "After that, I tried to avoid him the best I could, but no success." Then, a smile spread across her face. "He got what was coming to him. Maimed, stabbed, his spine was even hanging out!"

After her rant about Lester, Licinia had calmly listened to Andy's account of the deaths for today. 16 people..Shit... Licinia isn't capable of killing people, no. But if she had a friend, then maybe she could last just a little longer on this hellish island. "I'm not a physically violent person, but...Let's just say I have a hit list..." She looked right into Andy's eyes, a sly look on her face.

"Perfect opportunity, wouldn't you say?"
Strawberry Prince†

I like your style...... Paris was starting to enjoy the company of Licinia Vinci. You don';t normally meet someone so like Paris in views of people. Of course its from completley different prespectives; Paris being popular and Licinia being a loser. But its the thought of revenge and hatred is what counts. "Wow, you look like you've gone thorugh some pretty hard times. Sorry about that, people can be such assholes. Some people just deserve to die, don't you think?"

Paris respected Licinia even though she was the lowest of the social chain. She had the ferocity, the fire within her; Thats something you don't see anymore. No heart, no fury, no passion; But theirs always that one person you meet in your life that thinks exactly the way you do. Those people are called your 'friends'. True friends think alike, and right now he is in the process of having a true friend. The rain continued to rain down upon them, however the sudden entertainment provided by Licinia just numbed all those physical feelings out.
AtomicWaffle†

Post by AtomicWaffle† »

((I'm so damn sorry I didn't get this done earlier...))

They walked down the expressway. Silently, for a moment. Licinia looked up towards Andy. "Sorry about that. I really haven't had what you'd call a decent life. I've spent it trying to find the rest of my family . My mom killed herself a month after I was born, and I never was able to find my Dad or my brother. My social lfe has been...Well, what social life? I live in a little house owned by a priest, and I couldn't be worse off. I don't really see how these people can believe so blindly in something they have no proof of. We often argue about religion, and it only leads to him being a complete asshole every day afterwards. Suffice to say, nothing ever, EVER works out for me. I might as well knock off a few people before I go, though."
She paused and took a breath. The air was moist with the rain.

Licinia thought for a moment. Although keeping allies was somewhat of a good idea, she couldn't help but sense some kind of deception about Andy. She didn't really know for sure, but he didn't seem trustworthy, somehow. However, there was one way to tell if someone was feeding you bullshit. See how much they can make up on the spot.
"So...Andy, what about you? What's your 'life story', as they always say?" The rain continued to pour as she asked Andy what sad shred of a life he would have wasted in this high-school deathmatch. Maybe they could head back to the Pagdoa, to get away from the rain. Licinia gestured to go the other way, as she began to re-trace her steps.

((ooc: i'm staying on the board, I was just pissed off at a few things.))
Strawberry Prince†

If you could gaze into the mind of Paris Persphone you'd someone a pretty alarmed face. This girl had exactly the same qualities as him, he really liked her attitude. And that was sort of attractive in his eyes, he felt drawn to her personality mroe so than her looks. As the two continued to trudge along the road Paris started to become increasingly annyoed of this endless expressway. It was pure torture, but Licinia DeVinci made that all beter for her. He was entertained by her energy, her passion for killing people who have done wrong to you or that you feel don't belong on this world. Its everything he'd ever want in a partner. Someone you could actually trust, someone he could rely on in the good times in the bad. Paris never really had that kind of friend, except maybe Daisy Fitzgerald.

"Well my life story? I live at home with my dad whose drunk all the time. I'm always getting slammed in the face all the time, but I occasionally kick his ass when its in me. My brother died, murdered by some robber who broke into the hosue some time ago. And as for my mother, well she is trying to keep things togeather by working at the local IHOP." he said trying to sound like his life was a mess as well. But the thing is his life was fine until Survival of The Fittest threw a random gear in his biological clock. "But thats the story of my life, nothing special. But I'm kinda glad I'm in this place. No rule is just freakin awesome...." Paris tried to sound as retarded as those idiot jocks. Of course it was hard, being such a sophisticated character himself.  
AtomicWaffle†

Post by AtomicWaffle† »

Licinia listened to Andy's story. He didn't seem to be telling her all that had happened to him. Something was missing, that was certain.

She paused. "Too bad your father isn't on this island." Licinia pointed ahead. She could see a lighthouse in the distance. It seemed to be empty...

"Hey, what about that lighthouse over there? There could be something useful, weapons, maybe?" Hopefully, there was at least something she could actually use. The chances of her killing someone with a ball and chain were unlikely; she was barely able to carry it.

There wasn't much question of 'Would I kill someone' in her mind. She already showed utter contempt for Lester, even to his mangled and rotting corpse. There were plenty more assholes to kill, she just had to find them. With Andy's help, she might get the revenge she deserved.
Strawberry Prince†

Paris who was sick of being on the Expressway and outdoors was glad that Licinia found a lighthouse. The boy thought he remembered some kind of tower when he first got on to this island. Everything was going according to plan, the numbers of their fellow students dwindled and Paris Persphone King off All Gossip was still alive and kicking. He was happy for his chance at being alive, after all what kind of world would it be without Paris Persphone to keep things intresting. But right now all that he focused on was getting the hell off this forsakened road, it brought nothing but unruly weather and bad memories. "Alright, lets go!" he said with a hero kind of touch added into the voice. "I'm tired of being on this stupid road anyway..." The boy and Licinia started up onto the lighthouse pleateau. It was a bit windy but everything seemed just fine to him. Right now he just wanted to be in some kind of building so he wouldn't feel vulnerable just out in the open. Stupid island, stupid weather.....Stupid road..... he thought as he shivered from the cold and continued trudging his way toward the Lighthouse.

((Continued in Forever Falling: Part I))
AtomicWaffle†

Post by AtomicWaffle† »

"Alright then, Andy." Licinia winked at him. The lighthouse was not very far off. Hopefully there was something inside there of use, unless it had been raided already. Probably. Maybe they'd find a body or two, grab some weapons. All that good shit. Hmm...So dead bodies are a good thing now? Who would've guessed? Well, it won't be anyone I care about. Who do I care about, anyways? Andy seems nice, but...In the end, it's everyone for themselves. Kill or be killed. Licinia half-heartedly chucked to herself. I don't stand a fucking chance, do I? She could see some people leaving the lighthouse, but they were heading the other way. "Hey, maybe we should stay back a little, so they don't see us. Over there!" Licinia gestured for Andy/Paris to go off the road and into a small clearing a short distance from the lighthouse.

((Continued in Forever Falling, Part one.))
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

[Attention Strawberry Prince-

Paris is bordering inactivity.  Please resume posting with him as soon as possible or his rights will be forfeited to another handler.  I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.]
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “The Expressway”