That's Crate!

The storage yard is a maze of old shipping containers of various colors stacked onto each other. The containers are mostly empty now, providing many possible hiding places. They are positioned in a stable fashion, and unlikely to be easily moved, weighing nearly five thousand pounds each.
Espi

Post by Espi »

Oh dear. It seemed not everybody liked Michelle's explanation as much as Gwen did. In fact, they appeared to all want to walk away. Gwen didn't know what to do, but she had to say something.

"Hey...guys. Just...listen for a second." She spoke softly, looking down at the ground. "I mean, the way we say it, it isn't any more suicide than just being on this island. We...we're going to die anyways, right?"

She looked up. "So why bother fooling yourselves? If we all form one giant group, and nobody kills each other, we die, yeah. But is that any worse than someone like Travis or Theo or some other killer shooting you or stabbing you or beating you, or however you'll meet your demise if they don't blow our collars?"

Her voice was stronger now. "So you can join up with us and die, or you can walk away and be killed. It's your choice."

Gwen stepped up and stood next to Michelle.
BROseidon†

Post by BROseidon† »

"Let's make them make that choice, Garrett," Virgil said. "They might not blow the collars, but let's force their hand."

Cammy had run off without so much as a word. She'd seen the same flaws in the plan Virgil had, but had chosen to run off instead of try to make it work. They could end this game, eventually. Get everyone on their side. It might mean removing the people who adamantly refused, but they could do it eventually. Make the killing stop. Hopefully Cammy would choose to remain a part of that.

"If you're not going to kill anyone, what does it matter if you are with us or out there alone? We are stronger as a group, right? There's power in numbers."

Virgil didn't want this gladiator battle to continue. People were already killing, and he didn't know how many would day again today. He needed to get a working group together, one that could stay strong.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler BROseidon. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

Jessica could tell Michelle just didn't understand. Jessica didn't want to kill, wasn't planning to kill anyone, but she didn't want to die. Right now she didn't have to kill to live so it wasn't something she wanted to worry about, it was something in the future, but she was fine right now.

She thought of Jason and Joe again. Okay maybe fine wasn't the right way of thinking of it, but she wasn't having to do that, closer to fine.

"Michelle..." she trailed off for a moment.

"I won't kill anyone, but I'm not going to pretend I can stop everyone else."

She wasn't going to try to either, she had the feeling that fighting that would just make them want to kill her.
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

Balance returned as the words flew around him. He was able to focus a little better if he moved away from the idea of protecting everyone and towards scrutinizing the course before him. The nuts and bolts of the plan were good. In fact, it ended up being fairly similar what Garrett was already working on, aside from the fact that it replaced vaguely suicidal risk with actual suicide. That was the sticking point, and it needed to be addressed. Jessica had also hit the nail on the head: they couldn't stop everyone else, especially not like this. It was time for a reality check.

"Virgil, right? I apologize, but it's been a stressful day and my memory is slipping. I'm all for forcing them to make the decision to pull the trigger, but I'm not going to treat it like an inevitability. That's the biggest flaw in this plan: No one wants to sign-up for suicide."

He looked back at Michelle. She had such good intentions, but not everyone was as selfless as she was. "Michelle, let's be honest. I know who you are, and a few facts about you, but I couldn't tell someone if you have any pets, what your plans for the future are, or even what your middle name is. Yet you've just asked me to die not just for you, but with you. You've also asked me to help co-sign all my closest friends to the same fate." His eyes flicked over to the girl who had so sternly affirmed their inexorable demise a few moments ago. "That's something you've got to wake up to if you're going to keep pushing this plan: you're not asking me to keep from killing anyone. You're asking me to help you kill everyone."

"Don't get me wrong, I'm not against disarming dangerous individuals. I'm not against laying low and avoiding the game. But perhaps this would work better if you bet on a brighter outcome. Assume they won't pull the trigger, and that we can stall until help arrives. That's going to win a lot more people to your cause than embracing the inevitable and celebrating with a rather incendiary vintage of Kool-aid."
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

She wasn't expecting that kind of backup from Gwen and Virgil and frankly, it touched her. However, the other two weren't really crazy about the idea. She couldn't really understand. It was short sighted of them, especially Garrett, from the way he explained himself. 

She looked at them incredulously, then remembered to close her mouth and did so. Also he said he knew some facts about her. "Facts," like she had a wikipedia page or something.

She looked left, looked right, then pointed at herself. "Me?" Michelle had no idea which facts Garrett knew. "I have a lot of pets. My brother worked at a pet store. I have like....nine."

She shook her head, sending her curls whipping around. Michelle's home life wasn't important right now.

"You're ignoring the truth because you don't want to think about it. I can't blame you. It's so much easier to think 'Well, I won't hurt anyone and then we'll see what happens.' But what does happen? If you don't want to take the risk of trying to disarm someone and just promise not to kill and encourage others the same, that's enough. But you have to accept that you are....um.....not gonna be around a lot longer. If you manage to make it to the end hiding and laying low, then what?"

She didn't say the last part. Would they shoot each other if it came down to it?

"No one is coming, if that's what you're holding out for," she whispered, voice cracking. "They'll probably wait until we're all dead to start showing footage so people don't come looking like last time."

It pained her to say it. The statement felt heavy. She swallowed and moved her hair behind her ear.

"You don't have to stay. Just....don't hurt anyone."

She leaned over and gave Jessica a kiss on the cheek and mussed her hair, anticipating the "good bye."

((Michelle Weschler continued in All Our Yesterdays ))
Espi

Post by Espi »

Oh.

Sadly, none of them seemed to agree, and that was fine, Gwen supposed. People were allowed their opinions, after all. They were allowed to disagree. It was a shame, though, because it kind of meant that everyone was fucked. This kind of plan needed people to work together as one cohesive unit.

Gwen doubted that they'd succeed if nobody was going to buy into it.

"A...alright, then. I...guess we'll see you later? Or not, we might be dead before then." Gwen shrugged, but her own words brought tears to her eyes. But she wasn't going to cry, she wasn't, it was a waste of time and energy.

She walked back towards the exit of the crate maze, back to Virgil. She looked back at Michelle. "I guess it's time to go, guys?" She blinked.

((Gwen O'Connor's story continues in All Our Yesterdays))
BROseidon†

Post by BROseidon† »

"Maybe you're right, maybe we do need to market the plan better, but you agree with the core idea, right? Why not try to make a group? There's power in numbers."

Maybe Garrett and Jessica would join them, but it was looking unlikely. They didn't seem like threats, which was good. Virgil wouldn't have to worry about them going off and killing innocents.

"Yeah, we should get going. Try to find more people," Virgil said in response to Gwen. They couldn't afford to waste time trying to convince people who were unwilling to join. They needed to build numbers.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler BROseidon. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

((Breaking Post Order to Exit Thread))

There was one very good point nestled in the midst of Michelle's emotional analysis: A delay. He hadn't considered that. It was a prospect that changed everything. If they delayed the footage and presented it as a live feed when in reality they were all dead and gone long before it reached public eyes, they'd completely remove the chance of rescue. Their disappearance would probably read as some sort of accident without the footage. No one would be looking for them. No one could save them. No one with the capability to do anything would even care until it was too late. If that was true, should they just give in like Michelle wanted to? Was that their only option? Could they save themselves? Could they hold order here on the slim, slim chance of rescue and discovery, even if it meant...

He didn't say a word as the others left. He just slipped away quietly as Michelle gave Jessica a teary goodbye. He couldn't face them anymore, not with the dark turn his thoughts had taken. He wanted to push it away and go with them, but it was futile. The peace they wanted just couldn't last here. He tried making peace with Tyler, and he'd fought anyway. He'd tried being peaceful with Iselle, but she'd killed Sven just the same. He'd tried being peaceful with Travis, but he lied to them and tried to turn them against each other. Time and time again he tried to be diplomatic, and every time another monster walked away. He'd promised he wouldn't let that happen again after he saw Gabriella's body, but he'd let Travis retreat anyway. He'd told Cammy not shoot him, that it was all their threats should be left as bluff, but Travis, Theo, Iselle, maybe even Hansel...they weren't bluffing. They were serious. Maybe it was time that he stopped negotiating. What was it that proud Achilles declared before Hector? "There can be no pacts between men and lions, therefore there can be no understanding between you and I until one shall fall and sate Mars with his blood?"

It was clear that the island was full of lions and men, and there could be no peace for either of them while the other existed. As he weaved through labyrinth of forgotten cargo with his mind full of grim possibilities, though, it became less and less clear which one group he belonged to.

((Garrett Wilde Continued Picking It Clean))
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
BROseidon†

Post by BROseidon† »

Garret left, and so did Gwen and Michelle.

"Later, Jessica. Stay safe." Virgil didn't know her too well, but he hoped she would be okay.

Virgil unloaded the shotgun and stuck the clip back in his pocket before running off.

((Virgil Jefferson-Davis continued in All Our Yesterdays))
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

Jessica felt guilty at Michelle's words but she couldn't advocate everyone dying. It just didn't sit right with her.

She was left alone for a few minutes before she left too. There wasn't anything she could really do. Michelle was trying to doom them all, Cammy had just lost it, and she didn't know what her plan was.

It was a lonely walk out.

(Jessica Murphy continued in WonderWander)

Return to “Storage Yard”