They say the hangover after you get drugged and kidnapped by terrorists is the worst

While the layout is identical to A block, B block appears to have been subject to a very rowdy "leaving party", which has caused countless amounts of damage to the entire building. A bed has been thrown from the roof and a chair has been thrown through a window, while another chair has been slammed into the wall and left hanging. Countless bottles of beer are littering the floor and doors have been knocked off hinges, playing cards can even be found in one room littering the floor in one of the kitchens. As many of the windows are broken, birds have found their way in and made their homes in the rooms leaving many of them with a layer of droppings on the floor.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Mia laughed, and shrugged off Candice's rather redundant statement. It was nice to hear that again, her own laugh. Surprising, too. Her emotions had started to settle now. They hadn't fully come to rest yet, they were still liable to be picked up and flung about like dry leaves in the wind, but at least she wasn't so emotionally fragile that she'd go from yelling to crying to maniacally laughing in the space of a second.

But she'd half expected to never laugh, or even smile again. She wouldn't be able to blame anyone else in the slightest if that was how they ended up. Maybe it was just because this whole thing had just started, and there was nothing that had directly removed the smile from her face. There would inevitably come a time when the laughter would die out, and tears and despair would take their place.

But this was promising. This suggested that, once that was said and done, she could find it in herself to smile again.

"Don't worry," Mia said, heading towards the door. "I've never really been big on plans myself. I just like going along with the flow and seeing where it takes me. I've done pretty well by it so far."

Mia gave Candice her most comforting smile as she started to head out.

"It'll be all right."

Expect the worst, hell, know that the worst was coming sooner or later. But hope for the best. Maybe everything would end up all right.

((Mia Rose continued in Go to a school trip they said, it will be fun they said))
[+] V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Pregame - Chill - Loss - Realm
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Pregame - Vend-etta - Flames - Fleet - Monachopsis - Glitter
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Prom - Link - Gradation - Ballare
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!
Pregame - Evolution - Life - Lo Mein
Memories - Forward - Odds

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Pregame - Generation - Prince
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Astrid Tate - So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Owen Kay - I fold my tie and ribbon to hide my scars, that's how it starts
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Beatrice - Jamie - Pippi - Tim - Ada - Tabby - Romeo - Lissa - Freddie - Trinity - Redd - Natalie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
Muninn†

Post by Muninn† »

Candice didn't know if Mia was able to genuinely keep herself in high spirits, or if she was just faking it.  Who knows, maybe she was just putting on an act because she thought Candice was on the verge of falling apart.  Something like Candice's ridiculously pathetic fake smile, but more convincing.

Much more convincing.  It didn't seem like a superficial, fake smile such as Candice's.  It was as though Mia thought that there was actually something to be optimistic about... some kind of silver lining that Candice just couldn't find, even though she knew that they couldn't let themselves be frozen with despair.

Something to look forward to aside from a 1% survival rate, weighted in favor of the cruel and the ruthless.

Something to trust in on this island where yesterday's classmate was tomorrow's enemy.

Far from going "pretty well" so far, hadn't they been on a string of near-death experiences from the time they woke up this morning?  They'd been on the verge of killing each other before they'd had a chance to say hello.  They'd failed to notice somebody sneaking up on them, and only luck meant that it wasn't somebody hostile.  They'd made a poor impression on that same person, ruining any chance of convincing them to work together.

All right?  Just where were you looking to see something like that?

Well, Mia was armed, at least.  It might have nearly gotten Candice killed earlier, but they weren't in danger of being bumped off by the first nutjob with a pockeknife that they were to run into.  That was a plus, of sorts.

A group of only two people was small, but it was still safer than being alone.  There was the emotional component, too... regardless of whether Mia's attitude was fake or genuine, it was comforting nonetheless.

Hell, if you set aside Mia's earlier outbursts, she seemed much more stable now.  Maybe a change of scenery and a chance to talk things out was really all that they needed.

Desperately clinging to those few positive facts, Candice followed Mia down the hall.

At the very least, I guess this could be a lot worse.

((Candice Banks continued in "Go to a school trip they said, it will be fun they said..."))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Muninn. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “The Staff Dormitories B Block”