Prince of Nothing

Open

Sitting at right-angles to the hunting cabin and facing each other the two staff dormitories are practically identical, the key difference being that A block was populated with the remaining doctors while B block was filled with dock and maintenance workers. A block itself is a very simple hallway with bedrooms all coming off a main corridor and a shared kitchen in the middle of every group of five. The rooms themselves are relatively plain with an en-suite toilet and shower. The occupants of A block took everything of value with them when they left but some rooms still have books in them or toiletry containers. Some rooms even have discarded clothes their occupants clearly deciding they didn't want them anymore.
Rorick Skyve†

Post by Rorick Skyve† »

Maxim nodded. Ben's words didn't warrant further response, so that was the best he could do. At least the guy seemed to have calmed down. It had only been a few seconds, a shameful display of insecurity, but just a few seconds nonetheless. If it was going to stay at just that, then all the better. But somehow, he doubted it.

He sighed and took another bite of his bread. They were wasting time and energy with this drivel, all they really needed to do was eat, search, sleep. In that order. And set up someone to take watch, of course, but that would take a minute at best, so no concern there. In fact, they could determine it right now, no need to procrastinate.

Maxim took a quick glance at his friend. It wasn't by much, but his confidence in him had still been shaken nonetheless. What if he'd have another sudden bout of useless self-doubts? Maybe he was making mountains out of molehills, but there was room for reasonable doubt here. And as much as he'd have liked to just go and lie down and rest, logic was dictating a different path.

Of course, Ben could still have a similar freak-out on second watch or any time after that. But if he got to sleep a little before having to do his duty, then maybe the chances of that happening were lowered significantly. Maxim would just have to trust that that would be the case. As much as he hated leaving things up to chance.

He sighed, though without actually making a sound. "I'll take first watch."

((Maxim Kehlenbrink continued elsewhere))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Rorick Skyve. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Malloon

Post by Malloon »

Ben turned his head in suprise. "Are... uh, thanks", he said, trying to sound appreciative. Truth be told, he was a little disappointed in himself for not volunteering to do it first. After Maxim having helped him calm down he would have liked to thank him by letting him sleep first. Besides, he had a few things to think through. But he wasn't going to argue with Maxim now, not when he was deciding so decisively and selflessly, so as to make sure Ben could recover from his little crisis. Sometimes the polite thing to do was let yourself be cared for, so the people who cared for you could have peace of mind.

He took one last bite of bread and stilled his hunger. He also took a swig of water, though he wasn't that thirsty. Then he stood up and hung his bag over his shoulder. "I suppose we should start searching the building."

(Benjamin Lichter continues in Song for a Warrior
)
V6 Character:
Benjamin "Squirrel" Lichter [ ~ / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / > ] - You'll find him in the clouds.
V7 Characters:
Chloe Bruges [ - ] - You'll find her doing math.
Joseph "Joey" Quintero - You'll find him writing speaches.
Keith Rogers - You'll find him out with his gang.
[+] In the unlikely event you want to use my characters...
Putting this here, so people know, if it ever becomes relevant (unlikely, but still): If you want to use my characters for anything non-profit, you may, without contacting me even (though it would be nice regardless). All I want is a small mention that gives me credit for first concieving of them. If you want to use my characters for something for-profit, if it's just a cameo or similar, you also may, under the same terms; if it's a more substantial role, I don't want to chain myself to any statement - then contact me.

Return to “The Staff Dormitories A Block”