The End of an Act

cw; sexual assault

The bathroom facility... for the dignified folks who would rather not go to the bathroom in such a dirty place as outside. Watch out... crafty folks might hide within one of the bathroom stalls, waiting for potential victims.
Swoosh*

The End of an Act

Post by Swoosh* »

"Here, I'll help you with those..."

Angharad looked up. A tall and extremely good looking boy was stood over her. She had just dropped her books in the corridor and was now the subject of much amusement by her peers. She wasn't easily embarrassed and so she had been laughing with everyone else, but now she was reaching out for all her books that had spread across the floor, slightly irritated that no one had bothered to help her pick them up. Angharad's jaw hung open slightly- not too obvious.

"I, uh- what?"

The boy smiled and crouched down, reaching for some of the books and handing them over to Angharad. She couldn't believe her eyes. Reese Thomas, one of the best looking guys in the year, was actually talking to her? Acknowlegding her existence? Angharad knew she was quite pretty compared to most of the girls in her school, but had never imagined in a million years that he would ever speak to her. Smiling back at him, she spoke coyly.

"Thanks. I'm-"

"I know who you are, Hari, you're one of the best rugby players in the school!" Reese was still smiling at her. Angharad blushed a little and looked down at the floor modestly. As if taking it as a cue, Reese pushed himself back to his feet.

"Come on, I'll help you get back on your feet again."

Reese...

Angharad opened her eyes gingerly.

Where am I? Why am I on the floor? Wha-

She tried to move, lifting her head above the ground but pain shot out all over her body. She cried out softly and closed her eyes, resting her head back on the floor. What the hell was going on? Thoughts came flooding back to her. She was on an island full of killer kids... she had killed people herself... and Peri. Peri... She immediately felt anger and bitter resentment at the thought of him.

Fucker tried to kill me...

And so here she was- Angharad Davies, former hooker for the Mid Glamorgan rugby team lying crippled on the floor. She opened her eyes once more, blinking back tears of frustration. This was just too much. Why hadn't Peri finished her off? She at least would have had more dignity dead than alive.

But Reese... she needed to stay alive for him. She needed to be in his life, and vice versa. She couldn't give up now. She managed to struggle to a sitting position, although her stomach felt like it was on fire. Looking down, she saw her torso was sodden with her own blood. She needed to get patched up; at least something to stop the bleeding. She was about to try and push herself to her feet when she heard voices.

Someone was coming.
I am an archival account used by staff to port old posts from handlers no longer active. If you are this handler, get in touch with staff and we can get your posts back for you! Elise avatar by Kermit.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

((Continued from: http://s10.DEFUNCT_IF_LINK/SurvivalOfT ... wtopic=647))

The door to the bathroom facility opened with a slight creak as Ryan pushed on it. As he took a step inside, he instantly noticed the body of a young girl lying on the floor. Is she... dead? Propping his left arm against the door frame to block Cassie from entering, he glanced at the body again. She appeared to be the only thing here.

Eyeing the rest of the facility carefully, he searched as thoroughly as he could with his eyes, hoping that her killer or... perhaps her intended killer... had long since fled the area. His gaze dropped back to the girl on the ground. She appeared to be breathing. So, she was not dead. Should I... help her? Silently, Ryan contemplated the answer to his question. Somehow, he knew he could not just leave her there.

Finally dropping his arm from the doorframe which it had barred shut, he took the knife from his right hand and slid it into his back pocket. Slowly, he made his way over to the girl lying on the ground. Unsure of what to say, Ryan tried to formulate a sentence in his mind. Asking her if she was okay seemed to be a pointless question at present.

"What happened?" he inquired as he kneeled down near the girl.

You idiot. It could just be an act. She could lunge for you and try to take your knife. Prepare yourself for it. Not everyone here is like Cassie. Most of them are completely insane. If you're worried about sticking your neck out for Cassie, then what the HELL are you doing considering tending to this girl's wounds? Kill her. Finish her off. Now. It's one less person that you have to worry about!

He braced himself, just in case the girl did try to attack him. He could not really finish her off, could he? Just what the hell was going on with him, anyway? He should not be thinking about killing off this girl. He tried to shake the violent thoughts from his mind again. I guess it's just primal instinct. In the end, it's what I'll have to do to live. But... I don't have to do it now. And I'm not going to.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Swoosh*

Post by Swoosh* »

Cassie tried to glance around Ryan's arm. What was there? Was there... a body? Had someone died here? She gripped her baton tightly, looking nervously around. If someone had died here, their killer might not be far off. She bounced on the soles of her feet but to no avail, and was just starting to get frustrated when Ryan moved forward. Cautiously, she did the same, and gasped softly at what she saw.

A girl was lying on the floor covered in blood. Cassie winced as she moved to Ryan's side, slightly behind him out of fear more than anything else. She looked at the girl closely; it did not seem to be anyone she recognised, but she still felt sorry for the girl nonetheless, she seemed to have had a rough time.

-----------------

Angharad looked up blearily to see a boy kneeling down above her.

Oh great. Another one.

Was this it for her? This boy was going to finish her off now. She braced herself for his impact, only to be met with sympathy. She blinked a couple of times to make sure she wasn't still unconscious, but no, it would appear that the boy was genuinely offering her help.

...oh great. Another one.

Another one to manipulate. To end up like Andrew. She smiled as meekly as she could muster as she looked up at the boy, propping herself up on her elbows as she spoke.

"It was this guy Peri, he tried to kill me. Looks like he got pretty close, huh?" She coughed weakly for emphasis.

Another girl appeared at the boy's shoulder. Angharad's inward smile faded fast. This boy would be no fun to use if there was a girl as well; Xian had pretty much proven that point. If she was going to do anything with these two, she had to get rid of them. The girl didn't look like much, and what was that in her hand? A baton? Angharad resisted the urge to snort at that one. The girl was no threat at all.

Looking back at the boy, she smiled brightly. The effect it gave off- what with her grubby, bloody face- was that she was quite deranged. She had to ignore the pain she was feeling if she wanted to survive.

"It's just too bad, you know?" she said, still smiling inanely. "Now I guess I have to kill you as well."

Lunging forward, she reached up for the boy's face, ignoring the agonising pain she felt. She had to get creative now that she was once again weaponless, and the boy's eyes had been the first thing that had come to her mind.
I am an archival account used by staff to port old posts from handlers no longer active. If you are this handler, get in touch with staff and we can get your posts back for you! Elise avatar by Kermit.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

As the girl lunged toward him, Ryan fell backward in surprise. Her fingernails had probably been meant to gouge his eyes out. Instead, they scraped down his cheek, narrowly missing his eyes but leaving a bloody gash down the length of his cheek instead. Not to mention, she had knocked off his glasses. He was not blind without them, but being as he did not have his contacts in, he needed them. He grabbed them and rolled out of the way, awkwardly.

What the hell's wrong with this girl? I was going to help her, bandage her up, and now she's trying to KILL me? Everyone here really has lost their minds.

Ryan managed to stagger to his feet, albeit not very gracefully. Now was his chance. He moved to grab the knife from his back pocket, but felt himself faltering. He looked down at the girl, who had to have been writhing in pain, and he could not bring himself to use his weapon and end her life. Instead, he figured it best that they get out of there, and quickly. Ryan hastily raised his foot up, aiming it at the back of the girl lying on the floor, hoping he could kick her hard enough to at least knock the air out of her.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Swoosh*

Post by Swoosh* »

((this'll be a shooooort post, mainly so you're not hanging around for me to post. But I'm at Spring's house, so yeaaah.))

Crying out in pain as Ryan's shoe made contact with her already bullet ridden stomach, Angharad flopped back down to the floor, clutching her stomach painfully. Feeling desperately pathetic, she closed her eyes once again.

Reese...

That was it. She had done everything she could. She would be insane if the boy didn't kill her now.

Cassie screamed as the girl tried to grab Ryan's face, backing away. She wasn't expecting the girl to be an angel but she certainly hadn't been expecting the girl to attack Ryan, especially when he was trying to help. Seeing that she was more or less quietened down thanks to Ryan's kick, she stepped forward tentatively.

"Are you... are you gonna kill her?"
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

"Are you... are you gonna kill her?"

Cassie's words rang through his head as he gradually reached into his back pocket and removed the knife that he had not been able to use once before. The blade glistened lightly as Ryan studied the knife meticulously. Now was his chance. She was down, she was writhing in pain, and she was completely defenseless.

Kill her. She tried to hurt you... tried to kill you. An eye for an eye, that's the way it has to be. End her life, right now. Trash like that, she doesn't deserve to live. You need to go home much more than her. What could she possibly have back home that's more important than what you have? You're above these people, girls like her. They're just an obstacle standing in between you and victory.

Slowly stalking toward the girl, knife in hand, Ryan invisioned what he was about to do in his mind. If he slit her throat, it would be a quick death. She would not suffer much. At least, it was better than her being in what could only be agonizing pain from the bullet wounds. Then again, this girl did not deserve a quick death. She had tried to kill him. She deserved to pay.

End it, Ryan. End it slow. Let her die slowly. She deserves it. You think she would have shown you any sort of mercy? If she would have gotten ahold of your knife, she would have slit your throat in an instant. Or worse. She might have carved you and Cassie up like a Thanksgiving turkey. If you leave her alive, she'll just try to kill someone else, she's lost her mind.

The blade of the bowie knife shined menacingly as Ryan approached the girl. He had the ability to take her life, here and now. With one slash, her life would be over, and Ryan would officially be like everyone else on this island... a murderer.

She could have killed you. She could have killed Cassie. You don't know that she's unarmed, you idiot. If you walk out that door, there's a good possibility that she might shoot you and Cassie both in the back. Is that what you want, Ryan? You're the one who paired up with this girl. Do you think she can defend herself with that useless weapon she got? You're supposed to be the one to protect her. You can't protect her. You can't protect anyone. You can't even protect yourself.

Lowering the knife to his side, he closed his eyes and shook his head. As he looked down at the girl, a feeling of remorse hit him. She looked so desperate, so heavy-hearted. He could not end her life, he could not bring himself to. Without so much as a word, he turned and walked toward the door of the bathroom facility. Pushing it open, he stepped outside and leaned against the wall of the building. Closing his eyes, he turned his head upward, toward the sky.

God in Heaven, what am I supposed to do? I can't bring myself to do this. I can't revert to nothing more than primal instinct. I have too much to live for. So much I wanted to do with my life. I don't understand. How could you let something like this happen to us? All of us... They weren't like this once. They weren't all cold-blooded killers.

Blood trickled down Ryan's cheek from where the girl had cut him with her fingernails. Perhaps God was watching out for him, after all. Had he moved half a second later, he probably would have gotten an eye put out. Then again, perhaps he had nothing more than quick reflexes to thank for his eye still being in tact. That girl back there... someone had shot her in cold blood. She was so desperate to survive that she had tried to fend them off, simply because they were in the area. Was that it?

"What am I supposed to do, huh?" Ryan inquired quietly, looking toward the sky. "Every Sunday in church, they preached about how you'd help us through our tough times, carry us through when the going got tough. Well, where the fuck are you now, huh? If you're really up there, if you're this omnipotent being that they always preached about, then what the hell are you doing letting something like this happen?! These people are DYING and nobody is doing anything to stop it! We're supposed to be your CHILDREN! You're letting them slaughter us like animals!"

His tone had gradually increased, and now he was shouting. Before he knew what he was doing, his fist came into contact with the exterior wall of the bathroom facility. His fist recoiled from the wall, and a searing pain shot through it. All the pent-up frustration from this game had exploded, and now Ryan was shaking in anger.

Faith... what fucking faith? What the hell, huh Mom? Go to church, be a good Christian. God protects his children. He loves all of his children. Bullshit! There is no God. If there were, he wouldn't let things like this happen. It makes me sick. He's there for idle worshipping, but where the hell is he when we need him? He's nowhere to be found, THAT'S where he is. I'm going to die here. Everyone here is going to die. There's only going to be one survivor. Where the hell's that powerful government of ours? Are they scared of a few terrorists? They've jumped head-first into everything else they've done, so where the hell are they now?!

Still shaking from frustration, he looked around, wondering if he had drawn any attention to himself by the burst of shouting that had just erupted from his mouth. Angharad Davies, the girl whose name he would never know, had single-handedly shown him the true essence of this game. It really was kill or be killed. In a time when she was in pain, near death, she was so scared for her own life that she was willing to take that of anyone who came around her.

He could have helped her. Obviously, he had never had to bandage any type of gunshot wounds before, since his mother's clinic was just a walk-in, but he had seen some pretty nasty accidents. He knew how to wrap bandages. Unfortunately, Angharad did not want his help. She wanted his life. Ryan shook his head lightly. It was the girl's own fault. Eventually, someone would come along to do what he could not. Someone else would take her life.

If that was the way it had to be, then let someone else do it. Ryan had no blood on his hands yet, and he was in no hurry to get any there. Why am I worried about it? Maybe there is no God, no Devil, no Hell, no Heaven... no nothing. I guess I'll find out... maybe sooner rather than later.
Swoosh*

Post by Swoosh* »

Cassie watched with round eyes as Ryan left the bathroom. He hadn't been able to do it. He hadn't been able to kill the girl. But far from feeling angry at him, she empathised with his plight. If she had been stood there, if she had had the knife in her hand, if she had been there- she was fairly certain she wouldn't have been able to deliver the fatal blow either. She went to say something to him as he moved past her, but no words came.

She looked over at the girl, still on the floor, a defeated smile on her bloody face. Cassie didn't recognise the girl as being from Barry Coleson, but there were a few names that had been called out that she hadn't recognised. Nonetheless, Cassie was still slightly dumbfounded that a girl was playing; perhaps she was a little sexist- especially seeing how Cassie had heard about girls being murderers in the announcements- but it was still something of a shock to her. Walking over cautiously, she found herself standing over the girl. Cassie was fairly certain Angharad wouldn't try anything, what with her previous attack being a failure, and besides, she looked exhausted. Regardless, she kept her baton gripped tightly in her hand, just in case.

Angharad watched Ryan walk off in frustration with an amused look on her face. Can't finish me off, huh? As Cassie stood over her, she showed her amusement more openly by grinning widely. She was in agony, feeling dizzy from blood loss and exhausted, but she soldiered on regardless. Talking seemed like such an effort, like trying to pry open a bear trap, but Angharad managed to mumble quietly.

"Y-you wanna find yourself a new man... that one won't last long... you need to kill to survive in this g-game. I speak from experience." She found herself laughing huskily which soon developed into a cough. How old did she sound? Imparting valuable advice to a new generation... "Are you going t-to finish me off then?"

Above her, Cassie glared down at her with a mixture of revulsion and pity.

"No, I'm not. I'm not going to kill anyone in this game unless I have to. I don't need to. None of us do." Cassie glanced at her blood spattered face, to her bullet ridden stomach. All in all, this girl was a mess. "Why are you playing? Why are you ruthlessly taking lives like thi-"

"What should I say? I want to win so I can go back home. To be happy again, to be with my boyfriend again." Angharad decided not to dwell too much on Reese. "To have my life back. I'm dead here, and I need to revive myself- and the only way I know how is to win this thing. And to win this thing... you have to kill. You just have to. Everyone here knows that, except you and him."

Cassie looked at her and was about to speak again when Angharad interrupted her harshly.

"And while we're at it, there's no 'we' in this game. There's only room for one winner. You know it. So you can drop the fantasy that you and your boyfriend over there are gonna go home together, cause you're not."

There was silence as the two girls looked at each other. It was Cassie who spoke up first.

"But will it be you that goes back home?" At Angharad's quizzical expression, Cassie carried on. "Will you still be the same after all of this, knowing you've willingly taken lives? Will you still be the same person you were before you came here? Will... will your boyfriend still love you, knowing you're a murderer? The girl he knew will be nothing but a hollow shell."

Angharad stared blankly, absorbing the girl's words. Reese... he'll still love me, I'm his girl always, I'm his murderer... but who could love someone who's done what I've done? What am I doing? Reese?...

Taking advantage of Angharad's confusion, Cassie turned away to walk out of the door. With one last glance at the girl, she closed the door behind her. Ryan was still outside, and Cassie walked over to him, putting a hand on his shoulder gently.

"Are you OK?" she asked quietly.

((GYAH!! I did this post before (and a LOT better) and the Internet ate it. ;____;))
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

As the hand dropped down on his shoulder, Ryan spun around slightly, hoping that this newcomer was Cassie and not the girl he had left for dead inside the facility. Am I okay? What kind of stupid question is that?! Forcing a smile, Ryan nodded affirmatively.

"It's just this whole damned thing, ya know? It's all... so fucked up. I don't get it... I don't know why this is happening. I feel guilty, because part of me wanted to kill that girl. If she were dead, we'd be one step closer to getting the hell out of here."

One step closer, huh Ryan? That's what these people are equivalent to now. They're steps. The bodies are steps. The only way to climb up the ladder and out of this hellhole is to make sure that you've done in as many people as you can. It's the only way to get home. So... why the hell aren't you doing it? You could go back in there right now and end her life, you coward. You're weak. Pathetic. Useless.

After a moment, he leaned against the cold wall of the building, propping himself up on the soles of his shoes. His eyes once again cast down toward the ground. He was so unused to having people there, to having to express any sort of emotion aloud. Shrugging off all the thoughts, Ryan's eyes moved back to his new companion.

"So... what now?"

(OOC: Sorry, it's short... I don't want to hold up the topic, just trying to get something posted. )
Swoosh*

Post by Swoosh* »

Cassie nodded silently as Ryan spoke, biting her lip slightly.

Don't think of our classmates like that, Ryan. They're not obstacles in our way to freedom, they're people. They're our friends. We can't just take their lives as if they don't matter to us! How can you think about killing as if... as if it's a game?

Then again, maybe you're right. In fact, I know you're right. I'm just refusing to accept the truth. We have to kill each other to survive. Danya said it, that girl said it, and I know you know it too, Ryan. So why am I the one with my head in the sand? Why can't I accept that, being in this game, it's kill or be killed? Am I that eager to die?

Cassie hadn't been the same since the car accident. Her near brush with death had made her more thankful to be alive- it had made her appreciate the importantce of her life. After all, it's the most valuable thing I own... She had been more outgoing, done things she had been too cautious to do before; she tried her best to live her life to the full. She didn't consider herself a particularly religious person, but since she had woken up from her coma she had felt her life was a gift... more than that, it was sacred.

And now here she was, being forced to kill others. Life was too precious to just disregard like others on the island were, but at the same time Cassie didn't want to die at the hands of one of those kids. It really was like she was backed up against a wall, and she knew it.

But Ryan... he's willing to play, even if he can't bring himself to do it. He has the right ideas...

Maybe she could just let Ryan do all the killing... it was a horrible thought but in a situation like Ryan had found himself in, Cassie would never imagine herself actually killing anyone, even in a life threatening situation. Life was too precious for her to just take it away.

Realising she had been quiet for a long time, she looked at Ryan quickly and forced herself to smile.

"Uh- I definitely think we should get out of here, especially cause of her." she jerked her head at the bathroom door. "Once you're ready, d'ya wanna move?"
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Nodding his head lightly, Ryan once again retrieved his map from his daypack. He studied it carefully, reviewing all the locations he had previously viewed. Where to now, Ryan? You knew coming to the bathrooms was a bad idea, it's a building, of course it's going to be occupied. This shouldn't be my decision anyway. I mean... yeah, it should, this is my life too, but... gah.

After a minute, he shook his head, still staring almost dumbfoundedly at the map. Every place. Every single place on there almost ensured their deaths. There was nowhere safe. No safe haven for them to barricade themselves into until this chaotic reign of terror had ended. Anywhere they went, they would have to fight, and Ryan simply could not do it. It was not in him. Coward. Weak, pathetic coward. You're worthless. She'll die because of you, because you couldn't save her. Couldn't even save yourself. You'll be lying helpless soon, just like that girl.

Pushing his glasses up on his nose slightly, he cracked an almost fake grin at Cassie. She'll die too. You can't protect her. Ryan scowled slightly, his grin turning into somewhat of a frown. He had always been somewhat of a pessimist, but this island was bringing out the worst in him, and quickly.

"Any suggestions?" he inquired.

Even though her last suggestion almost resulted in my eyes being gouged out over a god damned bowie knife...
Swoosh*

Post by Swoosh* »

"Well, seeing as my last suggestion ended pretty badly, how about you decide?" she asked lightly. "You are the clever one, after all..."

Not that she hadn't formed ideas of her own, but now more than ever, she was even more willing to let Ryan take charge. He was smarter than her, he could probably find safer locations, he was stronger than her.

And I couldn't bear the responsibility again.

Choosing to come to the bathrooms had been a rather offhand decision on her behalf. She had assumed there would be no one here and hadn't given any thought to what the consequences would be should there indeed be someone there, like there had been. She hadn't thought about what would happen, she hadn't planned it properly. She had just rushed into a decision.

If Ryan had died... if that girl had killed him, it would have been entirely my fault. It would have been my responsibility. And I don't want to have to go through that again. I don't want one wrong decision to haunt me for the rest of my life, however short it may be... I don't want to have to be the leader. Ryan can do that.

Shaking herself out of her thoughts, she looked at Ryan, hoping none of her thoughts and worries had been conveyed on her face.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Nodding slowly, Ryan once again gazed over the map, debating upon a suitable location. After the incident that had unfolded in this place, he had become rather wary of any building on the island. They were sure to all be occupied by now, and considering the amount of time that the Barry Coleson kids alone had been on the island, he was sure pretty much everyone had lost all sanity by now.

This has been the longest week of my life... and unfortunately, it may very well be the last week of my life as well...

Looking up at Cassie, he grimaced slightly. Unsure if she was aware that she was conveying a quite worried and forelorn expression on her face, Ryan decided to say nothing. Instead, he grinned nonchalantly, then glanced back down at the map one more time.

So what the hell do we do now?

Running his hand through his hair nervously, he continued to glare at the piece of paper in front of him, half expecting a location to just jump out at him. Finally, Ryan shrugged and placed the map in his back pocket, then retrieved the bowie knife he had tucked away. Nodding lightly, he cleared his throat.

"Let's go, Cass..." he mumbled quietly.

He silently hoped she would not ask where they were going. The fact was, Ryan had no idea. Anywhere was better than here. Either way, he had to be prepared for anything, regardless of where they went. The fact of the matter was that danger lurked everywhere on this island. Nowhere was completely safe, and it was just a matter of time before they would encounter another person like the girl who had tried to gouge out his eyes. Despite that, Ryan forced a smile and headed off into the unknown.

((Continued in: http://s10.DEFUNCT_IF_LINK/SurvivalOfT ... t=15&#last))
Swoosh*

Post by Swoosh* »

Cassie eyed the bowie knife in his hand pensively and nodded herself.

"Sure", she said slowly, walking slightly behind him.

I have to let him be the leader. I have to put my life in his hands. There's no way I can do this, any of it, and there's no other way.

We just have to hope we don't run into anyone.

But there it was, that word. Hope. The one thing she clung so desperately onto, and the one thing she didn't have. Not while she was on this island. She walked off, her head bowed low.

((OK, I actually cannot focus while there's all this Sydney/Hawley/Daisuke yaoi going on, so this'll have to do, nya!! Did we say we'd continue on the Dirt Path?))
Bloody_Fists†

Post by Bloody_Fists† »

((Continued from: http://s10.DEFUNCT_IF_LINK/SurvivalOfT ... wtopic=613))

Vince arrived at the bathroom, facility, where there group first started out. He still was helping xian walk. As he got to the door of the building. He barged into it, and in a somehwat lazy stance, he stood as he looked across the tiles. he stared with disbelief and confusion. "Angharad?" He shouted out.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Bloody_Fists. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Swoosh*

Post by Swoosh* »

((*sighs* Like I said, I'm waiting for Kai on this one, Xian's already on her way, so I imagine Vince should be here soon as well.

And also, you might wanna try reading the FAQ-

You can't just kill anyone. To kill someone, first of all, you'll have to take note of whether or not their name is on the list of kills for that day. If their name is, then contact that person via PM, or on the "RP Discussion" board (although I suggest PMing them). If they give the okay, then you may kill them.

I never gave you anything resembling permission to kill Angharad.))

Return to “Bathroom Facility”