How I Spent My Suspension

The second floor of the castle is actually where the main entrance is located. A decorative drawbridge leads in to a pair of glass double doors. Just beyond the entrance, there is a prize counter full of all sorts of knick-knacks that people can take tickets they've won through the arcade games and turn them in for candy, plastic toys and the like, all the way up to large plushie dolls and even mp3 players. Next to the counter are a row of ticket-counting machines which can condense tickets into vouchers to be turned in to the employee at the counter. At the other side of the door, there are token machines which take money to dispense arcade tokens, which operate almost all indoor attractions except the bowling alley and the laser tag.This floor features a slew of arcade machines, including mainstays such as skeeball (which has a whole wall dedicated to it) and games of chance. There are also many standard arcade cabinets on this floor featuring the likes of Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Guilty Gear (because SOMEBODY has to have it), MvC2... the list goes on.
Aura

Post by Aura »

One by one, the group of students that had congregated near Adonis started to back off.  Sean first, then the tiny blonde girl shortly after.  Ripley gave him some words, but she turned away too.  The redhead, the smallest of the whole group, was the last to look away.  She seemed to be focused on Ripley now, for whatever reason.  Still, at least no one was giving him shit anymore.  A couple moments ago, they were all looking at him as if he was going to chuck one of the skee-balls at their heads.  He clearly sounded annoyed when he opened his mouth to speak.

"Can I get back to my game now?"
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

"Yeah yeah, go nuts," Sean grumbled in response to Alba. It was a little hard to make heads or tails of what they had actually gained out of the situation. Alba obviously hadn't apologized and promised to rectify the error of his ways, but on the flip side, Sean also hadn't been beaten to a bloody pulp. Score one, lack of bruises. So, taking into account he had done something for his friends, even while it may not have had the most profound of effects, and he managed to avoid fighting, there was more gained from the situation than lost.

Sharon was going on about something, though. She was talking to Alex specifically, so Sean decided to keep his mouth shut and stick in the back near Genie. He did, however, give a few worried glances towards Alex as Sharon went on to say some things that sounded, though Sean would never be so brazen as to point this out, profoundly stupid.

'Why do people protect others from bullies?' It seemed like a question that was on part with 'Why do the cops protect the innocent?' or 'Why did Blackbeard kill just about everybody on sight?' It was just something people did, particularly for their friends. Sean awaited Alex's answer as double-sided as a gold dubloon: On one shiny golden side, he wanted to see Alex come up with one of her usual hilarious responses. On the other, he really didn't want the situation to blow out of control. It was miracle enough that hadn't happened with Alba.

Sean stayed quiet and waited.

Tight squeeze of the hand.
BetaKnight

Post by BetaKnight »

At least the Sean/Adonis thing appeared to be resolved...sort of. However, her ticket issue was still unresolved and now there was this new "thing" cropping up.  

What the hell?  Was it Air Your Grievance Day here at the Castle or what?   Genie ignored the urge to point out to everyone that Festivus happened in December.  It wouldn't do any good to get snarky and add any fuel to the spot fire that was Sharon.  

As she listened to Sharon's question, Genie's brow wrinkled in confusion.  Did it really matter why Alex stood up for the bullied kids?  Wasn't that what they were all supposed to do?  That whole 'Evil flourishes when good men do nothing' quote came to mind.  Mr. Connor would be so proud of her for remembering something from one of his lectures.  

But seriously, what kind of point was Sharon trying to make by bringing this up?  Was she trying to embarrass Alex in some kind of reverse-psychology 'you're a bully for saying crap to Adonis' way?  Was that her goal?  Genie watched this new showdown with some trepidation. Did Sharon even have a goal with all of this?

She thought about asking Sharon's malfunction was, but the forceful squeeze on her hand from Sean reminded her that this was Alex's battle.  Good thing Alex was rarely unprepared for a battle of wits.  On the off chance she needed back up, she'd probably let them know.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Alba seemed cranky, and asked if he could just go back to his game.

To this, Alex smiled, and said:

"Yes. Just letting you know that was fucked up. We'll be on our way."

Well, with that, Alex knew they could keep going, since Alba was clearly trying not to get in another fight. Again, maybe he did learn his lesson. Which is somewhat surprising, but you know. In any case, it was smart to just go about your business as usual. You know, play a bunch of games with Sean and Geni-

Wait, what was this now?

Sharon was asking a question directly to her, relating to her standing up to bullies.

Alex gave a quick glance at Sean, then Genie, and turned back, a look of confusion on her face.

What was she doing? Why was she asking this all of a sudden? Alex didn't know the answer to those two questions. And honestly, it was slightly hard to put into words the answer to the one she asked.

To put it simply: it was a nice thing to do. No, it was the right thing to do. She couldn't just sit there and watch people run around pushing people into lockers and taking lunch money. That'd be horrible if she just stood there and watched. She'd dealt with bullies before, and honestly? Things like, say, tossing a former team mate onto a table is kind of awful. And sitting back and watching injustice just... well, it just ticked her right off.

She tried her hardest to answer the question. It was difficult, but she managed.

"It's... kinda the right thing to do? Like, I dunno, I really hate seeing injustice in the world. Don't you?"
jimmydalad

Post by jimmydalad »

Sharon heard Alba's question and was about to reply when the boy and Alex responded to his question. Alex's reply made her smile and her respect for her grew a little. While she didn't like the fact they confronted someone in public, she did respect how she stood up against the bullies. She was still curious as to why she acted in such a way. Not a lot of people had the balls to stick up for themselves, let alone anyone else.

Sharon could feel the awkwardness in the air in response to her question. She tried to ignore it, but it was a very large presence and not one she could easily shrug off. Maybe she was too blunt about it. Judging from the confused faces coming from the three of them, they must've thought she was crazy or something. At this, Sharon smirked a little.

"This isn't awkward at all." She said to herself in a cynical tone as she kept her eyes on Alex. It was then that answered her question and her answer made Sharon feel happy. It was an honest answer, if not a bit cliche in a way. She didn't mind it that much though. Sometimes people acted in a cliched manner that made sense to them.

"I like your attitude Alex. Simple, blunt and effective. I'm glad at least one person in this school has the balls to stand up against them. I respect that a lot." Sharon stated as she continued to play with her skee-ball. While Alex was really really weird, Sharon found herself liking her bit by bit. Her mentality about injustice was something that Sharon very much respected and she wished other people had that mentality.

"You're a good girl Alex. That can be a little hard to find nowadays." She bluntly told her as she caught the ball in her left hand. She wanted to make it clear to Alex that she was good in her books. While probably not to the extent of being friends, Sharon did have some respect for Alex. She would have even more if it weren't for her extravagant attire. That just made her ridiculous.

"I probably should get back to Skee-ball. Maybe I can get enough tickets for a good prize. I'll see you around Alex." Sharon said to Alex as she made her way back to her machine, but not before shooting a glare at Alba. While she managed to avoid conflict with him, a part of her wished she could throw the skee-ball at his nuts. Oh well, maybe next time.

At the skee-ball machine, she aimed her shot thoroughly and threw it, aiming for the 100 points. The ball rolled up the lane and then just missed the 100 point hole.

"Oh come on!" She shouted loudly, visibly annoyed.

((Sharon Elizabeth Austin continued in Pretend This Thread is a Witty Lyrical Reference))
[+] Version 7
Relationship Thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=36632799/1/

Lukas Nielson - "Yes, Tina Dominica is my mom. No, my life isn't as interesting as you think it is." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o -> o -> o
Memories: o

Millicent "Milly" Rosenberg - "As much as I hate them, at least they make my life interesting." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o

Christine Summers - "Hey, let's just chill and enjoy each other, ok?" - Profile

Pregame: o
[+] Artsy Stuff by Other People
[+] Aria Samuels by Un-Persona
Here
[+] Lukas Nielson by Mimi
Here
[+] Lukas Nielson by Kotorikun
Here
[+] Milly Rosenberg by Mimi
Here
[+] Cursed Milly Rosenberg by Mimi
Here
[+] Gremlin Christine by Kotori
Here
Aura

Post by Aura »

With the heat finally off of him, Adonis finally resumed his game of skee-ball.  He was beginning to rack up a very good score.  In no time, he was down to his last ball.  As long as he didn't screw up and get a 10, then he would at least tie the high score.

"Oh come on!"

The sudden outburst broke Adonis' concentration, causing his throw to go off balance.  His ball flew up the ramp at an awkward angle, hitting the board right outside of the 20-point ring and rolling down to the 10-point hole.  Game over.

Dammit!  Why does that keep happening?

Adonis fished around his pocket for another token, only to come up empty.  No more tokens means no more skee-ball, and no more skee-ball means no more shots at the high score.  He irritably grabbed the tickets that the machine ejected and walked away from the game.  Today was not a victory for Adonis Alba.

Maybe I can at least get something outta these tickets...

((Adonis Alba continued elsewhere...))
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Wait, this wasn't ending with getting punched in the face?

Holy crap, this ended without getting punched in the face!

Sean beamed and turned towards his friends, the smile on his face the only visible factor in his otherwise-internal celebration. Sticking up for your friends and what you thought was right always felt good, and right now was no exception. Maybe Alba was going to be a lot more reasonable from now on! Maybe more problems in life could just be solved by simply talking them out! Maybe Sean was getting a little ahead of himself with these overly optimistic assumptions. Okay, definitely that last one. But still, a victory was a victory was a victory was a... yeah.

With Awkward Questions McGee off in her own little world as well, it just left the three of them. Sean was on pretty good terms with Genie and Alex; actually, he was on pretty good terms with a lot of the girls around Aurora. The larger part of his friends were girls, not that he figured there was anything wrong with that. He had been chided maybe once or twice, more than a year ago by some other guys for it, but the girls who were with him at the time were quick to shut the bullies down, so there was nothing wrong with having lots of friends of the opposite gender. Back to the original point, Sean was pretty good friends with both Genie and Alex, though he wasn't one hundred percent positive how they were with each other. Obviously it was okay enough, since they both seemed to be doing fine just now but... y'know. One can never ask too many questions.

"So, um..." Speaking of asking questions. "Now what?"
BetaKnight

Post by BetaKnight »

Genie again pointed at the ticket counter.  "I still need to go get someone to take a look at the piggy game and make the machine give me the rest of my tickets.  But after that, I got no plans.  What about you two?  What were you guys planning on doing?"

She looked at Alex and Sean expectantly.  There was some part of her that was hesitant to make any plan with them.  They seemed to be trouble magnets today.  And while she was normally down for silliness and mischief, these two seemed to be attracting near-misses of the fist fight variety.  
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Alex couldn't help but feel...

What was the correct emotion for this? She just randomly asked her why exactly she stood up for people, and then said that good people were hard to find and that Alex was a good person? What was the correct response for this? Pride, amusement, confusion? None of the above? All of the above? Confusion was the one she picked, but she wasn't even sure if that was the correct reaction.

"Thanks, I guess. See you too", she said quizzically, as Sharon returned to her game.

Really. There was something nice about standing up for others. Sometimes bullies needed to be talked to. Alex knew she wasn't a bad girl. A little temperamental? Certainly. Perhaps a bit blunt as well. What could she say? She was a little too passionate about things at times, by her admission. Sometimes she got the feeling that those traits would get her in trouble some day, but then she brushed it aside when those times came up. Being passionate wasn't a bad trait, not if you're standing up against people like Alba, or anyone who needed to be... well, taken care of. Someone had to, and if no one else was...

Alba, however, had returned to his game as well, now minding his own business. A smile came across Alex's face, and she turned back to the other two.

"Well, we were just going to play some games", Alex said, in response to Genie's question. "It's a pretty good game-y afternoon, in my opinion. But we could go up with you, if you'd like!"
Super Llama†

Post by Super Llama† »

{{continued from the Antisocial Girls Club (aka A Breath Of Fresh Air)}}

What was she doing here?

Hiro usually just headed straight home after school. Really, her parents preferred it that way, even if there were no set-in-stone rules about it. Every once in a while, though, she didn't really feel like it, and took a short detour over to the Castle. She never did a whole lot, though. Usually just play a little bit of skeeball (she was terrible at it though) or one of those roulette games with all the flashy lights for about an hour.

She wasn't expecting to encounter Alex, though. Spotting her off in the distance, she tried calling out to her (not particularly loudly, though; Hiro being loud was a very rare sight,) but apparently went unheard, so she followed after her. It didn't take long for Alex to get involved in a gathering, though. There was a girl, and Genie and Pirate Guy, two more of Alex's friends (okay, so the latter's name was Sean, and she referred to him as such out loud, but she always thought of him as Pirate Guy,) and...

Uh oh.

Hiro knew about Alba. Being the perfect type for a school punching bag, it'd be bad for her NOT to know about Alba. She was in the cafeteria when the food fight that got him suspended broke out (though she'd quickly hid herself under a table to save herself from getting a lunchtray in the face,) and was hoping maybe he'd just break off from the group and go his separate way.

But knowing Alex, there's no way that'd happen.

Oh no what are you doing please don't...

Hiro never liked it when Alex started arguing with bullies. She knew she had a reputation for it and all, but she always worried that things would escalate and someone would get punched in the face. She stood behind a Street Fighter III machine and watched the altercation tensely until...

Hiro breathed a sigh of relief as the situation was defused, and Alba stormed off. As the other girl returned to her game of skeeball, she stepped out from behind the machine and approached.

"H-hi..."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Super Llama.
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

"Well," Sean turned to Alex. "It's a really nice day out! Why don't we try and hit the mini golf or the go karts for some-"

A vaguely familiar voice greeted Sean and his friends from behind, causing the boy to jump a bit and give a slight squeak of surprise. A hand clutched his chest to feel his pounding heart, and in his shock almost forgot to turn around to actually see who the heck was there. It was only after following the eyes of Genie and Alex did he actually remember to do so, and he saw the very-recognizable Hiro.

"G-Geez, don't do that!" Sean said, attempting to laugh it off and return the color to his face. "You could really- oh hey, Street Fighter III. You could really scare somebody!" His breath had evened out a bit after talking. Everything about this situation was pretty laughable, actually; Hiro may have actually been the least intimidating person on the planet. To think that he was scared by HER, well... it was enough to settle him down completely.

"Alex n' Genie n' I were, um, just going around! Whatcha up to?"
BetaKnight

Post by BetaKnight »

Genie jumped only because Sean did and not because Hiro crept up on them like some weird, silent freaky little ninja.

At least, that is what she kept telling herself as she looked at the newcomer. Being around Hiro was always a little weird for her because the other girl was so... quiet and mousy. It was like Hiro was Bizarro-Genie.  About the only thing that they remotely had in common was their petite stature.

To be quite honest, the last thing she really wanted to do was spend time hanging out with Hiro.  If Sean and Alex wanted to, that was fine, but she had other, more pleasant ways of passing the afternoon.  It looked like it was about time to part ways.  Plus, the 'Pigs Might Fly' game still owed her 42 tickets and she was going to collect them. While initially annoying, at least it gave her a convenient excuse for cutting and running.

"Oh would you look at the time." Genie took three steps towards her goal before turning around to face Sean and Alex.  Walking backwards, she nodded in the direction of the prize counter.  "Yeah, I'm going to go get some help, get my tickets, and then head home. If you go race go-karts, let me know who wins. Later, Hiro."

She tossed off one last jaunty waves before turning back around. As she headed off, she texted her brother for a ride home.  There was just entirely too much drama at The Castle today.  Best to get the hell out of Dodge.

((Genie Banneman continued elsewhere))
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Sean had started talking, only to be interrupted by a certain small Asian girl.

Alex could only giggle a bit at his being startled. It was kind of funny, really. Just... his reaction! Something about it made her laugh a bit. Oh dear. That face.

Her amusement stopped when, for whatever reason, Genie ran off. Alex's expression had changed to a look of befuddlement. What was her deal? Did she really dislike Hiro or something? Hiro was kind of hard to hate, honestly. She only awkwardly waved as Genie left. Another confused glance at Sean. Did he know why she spontaneously ran off?

Well, things were getting a little tense there. Maybe that's why she left.

She put on another smile. Well then! Alex didn't come here to yell at Alba and be confused by people's behavior, right? Right. So best do the things they came here for.

"Anyways, hey Hiro! Sup?"
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

With another beat, Alex added:

"Sean and I were planning on playing some games this afternoon. What was it you wanted to play again, Sean?"

She frowned in thought. She couldn't remember what game it was. But since they were here, it was probably a fighting game. This area had a delightfully large array of them. There were the skeeball and other games too here, of course. Alex could remember playing on some of these when she was younger. Like when she played Tekken with Bill, for example. He was always so good at these games. Though, Alex was a bit better at the shooting games. What can she say? There were plenty of games here.

In any case, it was probably a good idea to put the encounter with Alba and Sharon out of her mind. But Alex wasn't really the kind of person to let things like that go easily.

Sometimes, it was hard for her to let these sort of thing out of her mind.

Nonetheless, she focused on the games for the rest of the afternoon.

((Alex Ripley continued elsewhere))

Return to “Castle Interior: Floor Two”