Can You Hear Me Calling Out?

Are You Waiting For Me?

Overlooking the cove are the northwest cliffs that possess paths which offer tremendous views of the horizon and sea. Unfortunately the paths themselves run alongside sheer drops to the jagged rocks and water below. Following an accident with an escaped inmate that caused the death of one of the staff during a nighttime walk a large fence with razor wire at the top was installed to discourage anyone from trying to descend the cliff faces. The fence appeared to do its job as no more deaths relating to the cliffs occurred, the fence itself is still standing even now the effects of time are clearly visible but it seems very stable and there are no visible holes present.
Espi

Can You Hear Me Calling Out?

Post by Espi »

((Alice Baker continued from A Moth of Peace))

The cliffs were beautiful that afternoon, save for the corpse of a girl lying on the grass in a puddle of blood.

Alice had walked slightly ahead of the group to keep an eye out, but found herself winded at an inopportune time. Her breath was further stolen by the discovery of Bernadette Thomas' dead body. She couldn't help stare at her...or uh, it? She was dead, but it was a body.

Alice was stopped in place, staring silently at the body. She'd seen a murder before, of course, by one Caedyn Miller, but this half-decayed corpse was somehow cripplingly horrible. She couldn't move, could barely breathe, and she felt like any second-
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

((Sandra Dyer continued from A Moth of Peace.))

Sandra just silently stared at the body, not saying anything. She'd seen Alice stop to catch her breath, and she caught up to her to see the body of Bernadette lying on the ground.

Why were they still standing here? There was nothing to do here.

"Come on," Sandra said, "there's no point in being here. Let's... let's keep walking."

She didn't need to see this. None of them needed to see this.
Espi

Post by Espi »

-then Sandra appeared behind her and spoke. Perhaps a little brusque, but a necessary trait in these circumstances.

"Okay, uh, sorry. Thanks. Sorry." Alice stuttered out her words, still startled by the appearance of the corpse.

They kept walking. In the back of her mind, Alice knew that this wasn't going to be the last time she saw a corpse. And, a part of her whispered malevolently, eventually she'd be one herself.

She didn't know how to think about that anymore.

((Alice Baker continued in Tea Party with Death at Dawn))
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

((Bryony Adams continued from A Moth of Peace))

Bryony had lagged far, far behind the other two.

Alice had gotten a head start over herself and Sandra, and Sandra practically spent her entire life running about, so she had quickly caught up. Bryony, on the other hand, couldn't run fast, and she couldn't run for long. By the time she had reached the ground floor, her two friends were already well on their way towards the cliffs. She sighed again, tugged on the straps of her bag, and set off after them, trying her best to keep the pace.

Eventually, she finally caught up with the other two, but it seemed it was already time to head off.

Bryony didn't even notice Bernadette's corpse at first. As soon as she got within a few feet of Alice and Sandra, she staggered to a halt, putting her hands on her knees and breathing heavily in and out. Her vision was focused down on the ground, and her hearing was obscured by her harsh breathing. She just assumed they'd stopped to let her catch up, or to take a breather.

The first sign that there was something more than that was the smell of copper on the breeze.

Blinking, Bryony shakily stood up, and moved closer to her friends, peering between them at what they were looking at. She had been almost certain what it would be as soon as she'd caught the scent of blood, but it didn't stop her face from turning pale and the bile to rise up her throat.

She had known of Bernadette, rather than known her, and mostly due to her association with Ty Yazzie. They'd never really talked, thanks to that association, but it still didn't feel right, looking down at the body of someone she'd seen nearly every day at school, a body that would be forever still and cold.

It hadn't been the first body she'd seen. It wouldn't be the last. She knew it wasn't going to get easier no matter how many they stumbled upon. Every dead body was going to make her feel sick and shaken to her core and make her want to just stop and give up and walk into a danger zone and end it all.

But eventually, she would get back up, and she would keep on pushing forwards and, against all odds, she would stay alive. If escape was off the cards, then what else could she do but that?

Bryony hung back for a moment as Alice and Sandra started to move. She took a step closer towards Bernadette and took a deep breath. She hesitated, then as quick as she could, reached into her pocket, pulled out the next playing card in the deck, and tucked it underneath one of Bernadette's dungaree straps. She swiftly stood back up, and turned away from the corpse, hand covering her mouth, willing herself not to be sick.

Eventually, the feeling passed, and Bryony headed off along with Alice and Sandra.

She could feel tears welling up, but this time, she didn't care.

((Bryony Adams continued in Tea Party with Death at Dawn))
[+] V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Pregame - Chill - Loss - Realm
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Pregame - Vend-etta - Flames - Fleet - Monachopsis - Glitter
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Prom - Link - Gradation - Ballare
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!
Pregame - Evolution - Life - Lo Mein
Memories - Forward - Odds

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Pregame - Generation - Prince
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Astrid Tate - So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Owen Kay - I fold my tie and ribbon to hide my scars, that's how it starts
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Beatrice - Jamie - Pippi - Tim - Ada - Tabby - Romeo - Lissa - Freddie - Trinity - Redd - Natalie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

So they kept walking.

((Sandra Dyer continued in Tea Party with Death at Dawn.))

Return to “Northwest Cliffs”