Just People In A Messed Up Place

Tagging Toxie and RC

Overlooking the cove are the northwest cliffs that possess paths which offer tremendous views of the horizon and sea. Unfortunately the paths themselves run alongside sheer drops to the jagged rocks and water below. Following an accident with an escaped inmate that caused the death of one of the staff during a nighttime walk a large fence with razor wire at the top was installed to discourage anyone from trying to descend the cliff faces. The fence appeared to do its job as no more deaths relating to the cliffs occurred, the fence itself is still standing even now the effects of time are clearly visible but it seems very stable and there are no visible holes present.
RC†

Post by RC† »

Darius silently listened to Jonathan's emotional outburst until Brendan insisted that they should go to the asylum or that they should split up. Fucking splitting up for no reason. Was he serious?

"Are you fucking retarded? No, fuck the Asylum. That building's creepy as fuck. There's not even...anything in there that is useful."

Darius facepalmed.

"A) Why would your friends", he did not add the 'if you even have any', "be in the Asylum? And b) how would finding friends help anyone?"

It did not matter with whom Darius would coorperate to get out of this. It did not matter. But because Brendan was this special person who wants to take his bestie with him out of here, he'd delay any plan from happening. Time was running out, and there was nothing fine about this situation. If you are in a burning house you get the fuck out. You don't stay there to search for your books or favourite shirts to save them and take them out with you.

Brendan was not the only one here who had the wrong goals. Jonathan also was unstable. Darius should probably say something like 'condolences'. Blabla. He expected to motivate Jon instead of making him cry.

Jonathan was traumatised, had seen lot of tragedy, has lost a bit of sanity. Darius has not. That's fine. He pitied him a bit, yeah. But he was glad that he was not in the same position as Jon.

"Sorry that you had to experience that. But still, twenty four hours have passed and it sucks that this shit happened to you, but it'd be stupid to mourn people. We got no time for that. People die here. Deal wit-"

Pause. Perhaps he should not act so cold.

"You had a bad day. But today is another day. You had it difficult yesterday, and I understand and respect that. Today, bad shit won't happen. Today you won't see people dying. If we stay together and form a group, things won't be repeated...Unless Brendan wants to leave so urgently."

He looked at the green-eyed boy who was ready to leave with a judging stare.

To be honest. Darius did not want to speak that outloud, but 'crying because my friends died and regretting not having saved anyone' was not productive in Darius' eyes. It was lazy. It was an excuse to act like an innocent child that could not act. But Darius knew that Jonathan was capable of acting. He should change that.

A whole day without having done anything. Shit.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler RC. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Jonathan backed away just as Brendan spoke behind him. He wanted to ask him what he thought, but Darius interrupted him with more Darius level fuckery. Jonathan could only look back as his friend continued to assault Brendan verbally, before turning to him.

This wasn't going to be good...

Jonathan listened to Darius' words. Every single one of them oozed the sort of condescending bullshit he wouldn't have expected from Darius of all people. Darius was a jackass yeah, but normally, he was a jackass that was humble, one that understood. The Darius standing in front of him?

He didn't know. Darius simply did not know.  That was it, that was what hit him.

Could Jonathan blame him? He hasn't seen anyone die yet, and on top of that, he may have had his brains scrambled by Junko for all we know.

It didn't help how badly he was treating Brendan like shit. Of course he knew. He knew the two didn't like each other. He heard about the skate park. He blocked from his mind that it was Michael bragging about what happened, but he knew.

"Darius. Could you just..."

Jonathan couldn't take it, he couldn't take the way Darius was just ever so calm about this. Like he could just casually press a button and they were all back home. So calm like the ones who died didn't matter. So calm like this would be so easy...

Jonathan was fed up of crying. He wasn't going to tear up anymore. But he would not let Darius, or anyone on this island walk over him. He'd get everyone he could off this island. Crying wasn't solving anything.

And to be honest... Neither was Darius.

"Could you just either say something useful, or shut the fuck up?"

He turned to look at Brendan, flagging him to wait a moment before leaving. He turned back to Darius, tugging on the edges of his-Brendan's hoodie.

" I want to hear an actual plan out of you. Something besides shitting on us, then pretending to feel bad for shit you didn't experience. I know you, Darius, I know exactly how you act, you like to pretend you know all about experiences you've never been through. Like you know what I've fucking seen. I-I'm getting real fed up of the shit you're spewing out of your mouth right now. If you can't think of anything else to say outside of bitching and moaning that we haven't done the work for you, then go somewhere else to do it, because we're getting off this island, and if I need to find someone more productive in helping, I will."

Darius wanted Jonathan to be productive? Did he want him to help him? Fine. But Darius better pull his own weight as well. He knew Darius all too well. He'd like to pretend that he could put himself in someone else's shoes. Maybe that was his way of justifying treating them like shit.

"Because newsflash, getting beat up and nearly killed by a girl isn't too productive in getting off of this island, Dee. You're gonna have to come up with a better excuse than that as to why you haven't done anything either if you want to win us over."

He withheld Junko's name to taunt him. Hell, he even called him by Michael's nickname just to add some more salt into the wound. Let's see how he likes it huh? Would he keep it up, or would he turn his tail and give up, like he called them out for doing. He wanted to see how much Darius really believed his own words, or if it was really all just bullshit.

He looked at Brendan.

"If you want to go and find your friends, go ahead, but don't leave just yet, we have to make a meet up point. Somewhere we all hole up for this. You find your friends, you bring them there, and we'll figure something out okay?"

Barry wasn't going to die for nothing, and Jonathan wasn't going to let Darius just shit on his life like that. If there was anything Darius said right, it was this.

You had it difficult yesterday, and I understand and respect that. Today, bad shit won't happen.

It wouldn't happen. He would make sure of it. For Barry, for Brendan. For the living, and the dead. Even for Darius.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Brendan was feeling worse when Darius just insulted him for no reason. That sure was not winning Darius any points with him. He was getting more eager to leave. He didn't really want to be around Darius anymore. He shouldn't have to deal with Darius' bull. He decided that Jonathan would be fine with Darius. For now.

Do you really believe that, Brendan? No, you really don't.

Then Brendan was taken by surprise when Jonathan spoke up. It seemed that he had enough of Darius as well. Brendan had wanted to lash out at Darius but now Jonathan was kind of sticking up for him. Brendan was thankful for that. But he still wanted to go. Even if he never saw the both of them again.

"Well, I am still going to the asylum. Because I actually give a toss about my friends. Unlike you, Darius." He took a stab at Darius as well because there was no point in hiding his feelings anymore. Then he glanced at Jonathan and he nodded. "Sure, a meet up point. We can try to hole up in the pub or at the cabin. Unless those become danger zones. We can hide out somewhere else and hope that we will crash into each other at some point. I'm going to get going now. So make sure to keep safe, Jonathan."

Brendan then started to wander away from Darius and Jonathan. Then he turned to look back at them.

"I really don't care what happens to you, Darius."

Starting to be more honest, Brendan? Yes.

Brendan then continued to walk away, still feeling upset by Darius' words.

((Brendan Harte continued in Haunted House))
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
RC†

Post by RC† »

Dee, huh? Jonathan was enraged by him, for what? Words? Since when was Jonathan such a sensible guy? He was not beaten up, yet complains about 'emotional pain' he had to endure. Boo hoo. Guess what, they don't matter when you die. But before Darius could reply, Brendan did hold a dramatic speech before fucking off.

Alright. Brendan left. That's good. Maybe Jonathan is just such a whiny person in front of Brendan. But he left. With extremely edgey taunts like 'i care about my friends, you dont'. Daaayam, these burns. 'I don't care what happens to you.' Wew. Man, Darius' heart broke in 69 pieces. Bah. He did not need sympathy from Brendan. Who gives a fuck what this loser thought about someone? Caring for reputation? What? Yes, very important right now. Reputation on SOTF is for liars. Darius' an honest and honorable guy. Well, not 100%, perhaps thirty-one percent less. Okay fuck that, that running gag is out. It's utter crap. This meme should have ended after his most popular YouTube video '69 reasons why league of lag-ends is utter crap'. Let the meme die. Let Irene live, though.

He stared at Jon's eyes for a couple of seconds, thinking. He pointed his index finger at Jon.

"You want a plan? I have a plan. 24 hours have passed and I have already thrown 2 water bottles into the ocean as an SOS. The US government might be capable of rescuing us. Thought about that?"

He added a second finger.

"In the radio tower there is not only equipment to remove these fucking dog necklaces, but also to perhaps send a signal. It's a radio tower. You know radios?"

The third finger.

"I don't fucking need to win you over. If you don't join me, it's your fault."

The fourth.

"About my tone. Excuse me, for not being nice. I am angry. I am about to get killed on this island. I have my fucking rights to be angry and upset. I have my fucking rights to be rude and act like an asshole. It's not like I'm attacking you."

He took a step forward to Jon. The last.

"Okay, Jonathan. You choose. Go with Brendan into the Asylum or join me to the radio tower. Because I am leaving. Now. I've wasted enough time with talking about inessential arguments."

He turned his back to go away from Jonathan. But, he looked back to him. And he was glad.

((Darius Van Dyke continued in Return of the Manatee))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler RC. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Jonathan wasn't surprised. Darius didn't budge. Well... Jonathan was kind of speechless actually.

He truly did not have a clue about what was going on around him. He never remembered Darius's lack of empathy, but it might be the island. There was the fact that he was trying to find something, though messages in bottles wouldn't work at all, unless maybe a year later if they were lucky. Even if one person died a day, they wouldn't get anyone to come that way.

There was the second option, and that got Jonathan's attention.

The radio tower. There was equipment inside, dated equipment, but equipment nonetheless. That was their real message in a bottle. If they could get that working, they'd be set. They'd send a message out. Help will come.

Darius' mind might not have been in the right place, but his heart was. He didn't want to act like he cared, but he did. He wanted to keep himself detached from it all, but Jonathan knew.

That's why Jonathan chose to follow Darius.

It was a shame Brendan didn't want to go with them, but he understood why. He knew their history, plus Brendan wanted to find his friends. Hopefully he did. Then they'd have more people helping them, they'd be able to make it!

Things would turn out okay.

Barry, we're gonna get off this island, you won't have died in vain.

Jonathan ran to catch up to Darius.

They could do this, they'd escape.

((Jonathan Gulley, continued elsewhere))

Return to “Northwest Cliffs”