Let the Idiot Sleep

one-shot

Much of the southern portion of town is inhabited by apartment complexes, typically made of cement and appearing largely the same in design, with multiple floors and flat roofs. Many of the buildings have small, dilapidated courtyards protected by wrought iron fences and decorated with picnic tables and other patio furniture. There are very few buildings in this area that aren’t decorated with graffiti.
Grim Wolf

Let the Idiot Sleep

Post by Grim Wolf »

(Karen Idel advancing from Level 4)

No no no no no no no!

Waste of time waste of space you stupid stupid girl.

Karen Idel rose from in a sleepy, clamorous haze, snatched at her bag with aching lungs, and went racing down the stairs with burning lungs.

The exhaustion of the day--of empty wandering and sudden doubt, of people killed and killing, but most of all of straining lungs and burning muscles--had caught up with her all at once towards the afternoon, and she'd stumbled into the apartment complex, found an old, musty couch, and cleaned it out as best she could before falling asleep beneath it. All this sleeping beneath furniture was doing her no good, but she had to stay hidden while she didn't have people looking out for her.

And now? Now it was dark outside, and she was alone, and she had no idea what time it is.

It was her plan. To pull the disparate people of this island together, and forge them into a spear that could actually make a difference in the world. To strike back at the people who'd kidnapped them.

And now that plan was going to fall apart because she. Fell. Asleep.

If she died now, she deserved it. If her lungs seized up and killed her, so be it. They would lose everything solely because she'd been stupid enough to sleep.

Just a player of games just a loser never accomplished anything real in your life you stupid stupid girl!

And off and running for the beach, half sobbing, half wheezing as her body burned.

(Karen Idel advancing to Level 6: Mischief Managed)
Those Whose Time Has Come]

Terra Johnson (female student no. 73, DECEASED): Oh...duh...Abel's...dead...the one who...lives is...

Tom Swift (male student no. 60): It didn't matter what he wanted anymore.

Daria Bhatia (female student no. 56): "I pity you, and everyone who knows you. Because if you can live with this, I don't...I don't think you're human anymore.”

[+] Those Who Have Gone Before
[/url]

V6

Alex Tarquin (male student no. 32: "No more...masks..."

Tara Behzad (female student no. 12): "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

V5

Tyler Lucas: "I had fun. You?"

Karen Idel: Game over.

Xavier Contel: "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."

v4

Naoko Raidon (male student no. 54): Dying like...this isn't...so...bad...

Mirabelle Nesa: "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

Simon Grey: "I never was a hero, but, God help me, I tried."

David Meramac: "Running towards nothing. Running from nothing."

Return to “Apartment Complexes”