Par Course

Castle offers three themed courses with varying levels of play for guests’ enjoyment. The meticulously maintained grounds feature waterfalls, rapids, and fountains that are transformed at night as countless fairy lights flicker and glow for guests’ amusement. The easiest course has a cheerful fairy tale theme, complete with Rapunzel’s tower, gingerbread house, and dwarven mine. The center course is decorated with architectural wonders from around the globe such as Big Ben, Chinese pagodas, windmills, and a replica of the Temple of the Sun at Chichen Itza. The most challenging course boasts a Western theme that includes a log fort, mission, and ghost town.
JamesRenard†

Par Course

Post by JamesRenard† »

((Luca Johanssen start, Darren Fox continued from J'en Ai Marre))

On any regular Saturday morning, Luca would have spent his free time either watching TV, idly leafing through his biology textbooks, or browsing the internet and getting into an argument with someone who chose not to believe the same things he did. Today though, he wanted a change. There were the batting cages, but Luca didn't feel like practicing his baseball skills at that particular moment. However, a trip to the amusement park seemed like a good idea to while away the time, so Luca decided to head there.

Once at the bustling Castle, he was given a choice of activities he could do. Having a brief look around at the other amenities, Luca decided to have a go at the miniature golf. Last time I was here, I was still dating Louise... long ago was that, almost a year? Damn, time flies, doesn't it?

Luca made his way to the miniature golf course, packed with kids and their parents, as to be expected. It was a warm and sunny out, no doubt lots of other people were seizing the opportunity to go outdoors while the weather was nice. He stood at the back of the queue, waiting for the people in front to be served and get given their golfing equipment. There was a lot of cheering somewhere inside the grounds; Luca guessed someone had just won themselves a free game.

"Hey, um, don't you go to my school?" someone asked from behind Luca. He looked round and saw a red-headed teen about his age, standing in the queue behind him.

"You talking about Aurora?" Luca inquired, feeling that he'd seen the boy somewhere before. Not in any of his classes though, that was for sure.

"Yeah, that's the one I go to," the red-head replied, nodding his head. "Name's Darren."

"Luca," the blond hesitantly replied. "You come here often, then?"

"Nah, this'll only be the third time I've ever been here," Darren replied, shaking his head. "It's a shame really, I should come along more often, it looks really beautiful. If I have kids, I'm definitely taking them here, unless they decide to knock the place down. Which would be stupid, but, eh, people in charge, y'know?"

"Yeah, I know what you mean," Luca agreed, shuffling forward in the queue. "I swear the government is getting more and more corrupt as the year goes on. I mean, you know that guy who died recently, that journalist? Dropped dead the day he was supposed to bring a video out against McAllister. Coincidence? Nah, not buying it."

"Uh..." was all Darren could say at first. "Well... sure, the timing seems weird, but there's probably a valid explanation for that. No offense, but politics and all that stuff isn't my thing."

"Alright, fine," Luca said, deciding it would be best to drop the subject. The people in front of him had just finished being served anyway, so Luca approached the desk and claimed a golf club, a scarlet-colored golf ball and a scorecard. Which course to go on... not going on the beginner course, looks too babyish. Might give the intermediate course a try though.

"Which course're you going on?" Darren asked, carrying his golf club in his left hand and casually tossing a jade-colored ball in the air with his right. However, when he tried to catch the ball as it fell, it bounced off the side of his palm and dropped to the ground, bouncing on the concrete towards one of the lakes. "Oh crap," Darren cursed, chasing after it.

"You moron," Luca whispered to himself, watching as Darren recovered his ball just seconds before it would have splashed into the water. He looked round over the different courses, wondering if anybody else from his school was currently playing there as well. Given the place's popularity, that was more than likely.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler JamesRenard. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

((Lana Torres continued from A Tale of Blood and Sweatsocks))

Well, she had just gotten off work. It went well today; the prize booth had been crowded with all sorts of children, certainly, but they had been on good behavior. So she ended up taking various stuffed animals and toys off the shelves and giving them to people playing the games. It wasn't a hard job, really, you just had to remember what tickets everything cost. It got difficult when they didn't decide what they wanted and changed their mind just as you reached for something. And the time she had to break up an argument... yeah.

But today went well, better than usual. And now it was over and she could go home. Lana was feeling sick and tired of handing out the plush unicorns The Castle liked to have. She didn't want to see another until her next shift.

As she walked past the miniature golf course, she could see the Rapunzel's Tower, a few windmills, Big Ben, and many others, hovering over the bustling crowd of people. A lot of people seemed to be hanging out here today. She could also see a little kid at the start of the fairytale course, trying to get a ball in with the help of his parents.

Lana stopped to rest on a bench just near the entrance of the course, in thought. Well, maybe she needed to rest for a second after work. Then she'd go home and... do whatever.

As she found herself idling spacing out for a second while looking at the golf courses and seeing all the people go in and out, she noticed two familiar looking boys. Wait, those were her classmates, right? Luca and Darren. She didn't know either that well. She knew Luca was on the baseball team, though, and she probably was in a class with one or both of them.

Well, might as well say hello.

She didn't want to bug them too much. She was just a classmate of theirs.

So she just politely waved. Maybe they'd wave back.
JamesRenard†

Post by JamesRenard† »

Okay, maybe nobody from his school was in the mood for some golf today, Luca guessed. There didn't seem to be many people his age out on the courses, and the few teens he did see were probably from other schools. Okay, maybe there were a few from Aurora High. but he couldn't recognize anybody.

While Luca had a glance around, Darren had walked back over towards him from the lake edge, holding onto his golf ball tightly so as not to drop it again. He was fortunate to have snatched it up in the nick of time, but he probably wouldn't be so lucky next time if it was to bounce towards the lake again. Actually, how do they scoop up the balls that splash in the lake? Do they use large nets, or do they bring divers in to search along the bottom? Huh... I hope they do have divers, that sounds pretty cool actually.

As if on cue, there was a splash, followed by a angry cry as one of the other patrons chipped a ball off their green and it rolled down into the lake with a plop, disappearing from view below the rippling surface. Whoops, there goes one now. Darren turned back to the entrance and saw a girl sitting on a bench, who waved to them. Huh, who's that? Is she waving to us or someone else? Oh! Wait, I know who that is!

Except he forgot her name. Crap.

"Hey, is that Lana?" Luca said, looking in her direction and waving back.

Darren could have kicked himself; he should have known her name, hell he thought he was very good at remembering names. It was remembering faces that he had a real problem with. Darren waved as well, while Luca approached where Lana sat, hoping to strike up a conversation with her before he started his game. Darren watched Luca walk in her direction, shrugged his shoulders and followed him with his club over his shoulder, deciding it would be nice to get to know the girl.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler JamesRenard. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

A splash had rung out, and someone yelled. Well, someone had managed to shoot their ball towards the lake. That had to suck. Before she started working here, she hated when that happened. Who didn't? It sucked, that was all. And then they would probably have to get a new ball. Or worse for the poor employees, waddle inside the indoor lake and try to get it out themselves. Seriously, she had heard the stories. People tried that all the time apparently, much to the displeasure of some of the other people that worked here she talked to.

Anyways. They, Darren and Luca, waved back. Maybe she should smile as well? She didn't know. She didn't know either of them that well, really.

One of them -Luca- approached, with Darren in tow. It was clear they wanted to talk, at least. About what, though? School? Well, she was the one who waved to begin with, for starters. So perhaps they could talk for a bit. About what... hm. Maybe just ask what's up and all that, and see what they have to say. Easy. Lana was always an introvert, really, but socializing wasn't that hard.

Alright, what could she say, though?

She looked between the two boys, and swiftly came to ask something.

"What's up? You two are golfing, I'm guessing?"

Simple enough. They'd reply back, and it'd be a conversation.
JamesRenard†

Post by JamesRenard† »

No, Lana, we're carrying golf clubs because we want to partake in some vandalism. Luca was sorely tempted to vocalize his smart-ass reply to Lana's statement, but decided against doing so. He didn't want to stir up some drama at the golf course of all places, and certainly not with Darren present.

"That's the plan, hopefully we don't do what some guy just did and lose our balls in the water," Darren replied, walking up next to Luca and holding his golf club horizontally against the back of his neck with both hands. The way he held his club, he was in severe danger of whacking the blond guy with the handle if he turned to the right suddenly. "...Oh, wait, that-that sounded terrible, sorry," Darren quickly apologized to Lana, only just realizing the accidental double-entendre he'd made. Luca responded by sighing and shaking his head.

"So, what about you, Lana?" Luca asked, looking at the girl's clothes and recognizing it as the uniform of the Castle staff. Darren, meanwhile, was looking down at his own feet, hiding his face out of embarrassment. "Finished your shift here for today, or just on a break for the moment?" Luca continued.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Well, of course they were playing, and Darren said something about not dropping their balls into the water like the customer who just did. It took Lana a beat to figure out how that sounded "terrible", based off Darren quickly apologizing and Luca shaking his head. Well, you don't want to get your balls wet, do you? You don't want to have to waddle through the pond to get them-

OH. She got it now.

Lana couldn't help but toss out a small smile. It was kind of funny he had to clarify, really. If he hadn't, she probably wouldn't have made that conclusion. Lana usually wasn't too dirty-minded, so any "ball" related humor would have probably gone straight over her head.

Oh, he asked about her job? That's right, he noticed her Castle uniform.

"Yeah. Got off work. And I don't want to see another plush unicorn for the rest of the day."

Seriously. Those unicorns. Somehow they were popular. To be honest, Lana didn't think they were that bad. But it still got tiring looking at them. Can't help little kids wanting them, though.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

"Well. Enjoy your game."

She didn't want to interrupt them any further. After all, they came here to play golf, not to chat with the employees, right? It was nice talking to them, really, but she was tired, and needed to go home and lie down. Plus, they had a game to play. It was going to be fun, she was sure, and she didn't want to be there to distract them.

Lana stood up, and gave another small smile.

"I'll see you two later. Hope it goes well."

With that, she stood up, and headed towards the exit.

A nice bath and a nap sounded great right now. Maybe a small snack. In any case, she might as well head home.

((Lana Torres continued in Stars and Bucks))
JamesRenard†

Post by JamesRenard† »

"Yeah, we will," Luca replied. Well, I will. Dunno about redhead over there, but I'm going to try and have a good time.

"Thanks, see you later," Darren also responded, bringing his club back down - fortunately without whacking Luca round the head - and pocketing his golf ball while he watched Lana leave the area. "So, guess it's game on for us. I'm going on the beginner course, what about you?"

"I guess... hmm... I'm going to try my hand at the intermediate course, don't think I've been on there before," Luca said, looking round to where the landmark themed holes were situated. To be truthful, had Darren decided to go on the intermediate course as well, Luca would have chosen the expert course instead. No offense, buddy, but I don't think I could stand hanging around with you the whole while.

It sounded cruel, and Luca didn't dare say his thoughts out loud, but there was something about that guy that wound him up. "Well, I'll see ya later then," he said, heading away to the first hole of the center course, which was adorned with models of the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe and Notre Dame cathedral.

"Yeah, see you later," Darren said, walking off in the other direction, completely oblivious to Luca's thoughts of him.

((Darren Fox continued in Free Samples with Purchase))
((Luca Johanssen continued elsewhere))

Return to “Miniature Golf”