The First Dice Rolls

Dun dun DUN!

Herein are contained the announcements from Version Three of SOTF, as well as any midmonth rolls containing fiction.
Megami†

The First Dice Rolls

Post by Megami† »

So, we had a whopping five deaths in the first couple days of V3, and all of a sudden, those deaths have kind of stalled out, which prompted d0ddi0slave and I to conduct the first dice rolls of V3! Now, because we're still getting into the swing of things, and also because there'll be more dice rolls with the upcoming announcement on March 1st, Dodd and I only did three rolls.

So, without further adieu, the three that were rolled are...

*drum roll*

B22 - Ianto Murphy
B24 - Alex Steele
G11 - Reneé Valenti

Peate's the only one of the rolled handlers who hasn't participated in an SOTF yet, so for his benefit, as well as the benefit of all the other newcomers reading this, I'm going to explain how the rolls work. Basically, we do them about twice a month, and there's not really a set number of characters that're rolled.

Once the characters are rolled, they have to be killed off, unless they do one of two things. Each handler starts out with two "cards" at their disposal -- a swap card and a hero card. Handlers can use their swap card to exchange one of their characters for another. For example, if Riserugu didn't want Ianto to die right off the bat, she could post here informing me that she'll be exchanging Ianto for Tegan. You only get one of these (unless you win another in one of our monthly contests) so use it wisely.

The second card is called a "hero card". With the use of a hero card, another handler can sacrifice one of their characters to save one of the rolled characters. For example, I could post here saying that I'm using my hero card to sacrifice Khrysta Lawrence for Ianto Murphy. As with the swap cards, you only start out with one of these, so use it wisely. Before you get stingy and go "Well, I don't want to sacrifice any of my characters!", think about it long-term. It might come back to benefit you in the end. Image

There's one more way to save a character, but this is only awarded through either our monthly contests or, on occassion, some other form of outstanding service to the forum. For example, TBH and Bukowski were given one of these each for helping to write over half the conclusions for the V3 cast -- they're called roll nullifications. If you're given a roll nullification, you can use it, one time only, on any character you want to completely cancel out that roll. For example, TBH could use his roll nullification on Alex Steele to take him off the rolled list without another character having to be sacrificed in his place.

Now that we're done with the nitty-gritty stuff, I'll move on to the important stuff. Once you've been rolled, you have three days to begin the death and five days to have it completed. Failure to comply, unless granted an extension by an administrator (and I hate to tell you guys this but after V2, these are going to be few and far between), will result in the forfeiture of your character. Long story short, the character will be taken away from you and killed as we see fit, and you'll have no say-so in the how, when, or why of it. It may seem a bit harsh, I know, but we've had a lot of people try to abuse the heck out of this and prolong their deaths for as long as possible, so we're having to take away a lot of the slack for this round.

So, rolled handlers, get to planning those deaths! Also, if anyone's willing to save Ianto, Alex, or Reneé, or if the handlers want to use their swap cards, post here as soon as possible and let me know! Remember, you only have three days to begin your deaths. Good luck, happy hunting, and all that jazz!
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “V3 Announcements”