'Til Death Do Us Part

End: B83

A long, swinging bridge that crosses a deep ravine heading into the uninhabited part of the island. The bridge sways eerily in the wind and the fall into the ravine below almost certainly spells doom for anyone who happens to lose their balance or step too close to the edge.
SOTF_Help

'Til Death Do Us Part

Post by SOTF_Help »

Six days.

Six long, weary days Aidan Kelly (Male Student no. 83) had spent on the island, and now, his days were finally coming to an end. An indefinite end. He lay there in the grass, his vision blurring in and out, his eyes cast up toward the heavens. Aidan Kelly was dying. He had survived nearly a week to be done in, not by the game, but by his own stupidity.

He had been running, as fast as his legs could carry him. He remembered being sore, tired... the jungle seemed to go on forever, but no matter how far he ran, Aidan couldn't seem to get away from his tormentors. They were following him. Either that, or he was slowly starting to lose his mind.

Then, it happened.

A simple wire.

Aidan hadn't even seen it until it was far too late.

He had tripped the wire, and he was sent sprawling into the dirt. But that wasn't the worst of it. Far from it, in fact. The wire he had tripped was connected to a mine. Over time, it had become buried beneath the earth, but as it set off, it sent Aidan flying. He thought he had died then, as his head pounded up against a tree and the world turned black.

Death hadn't granted him release, though... not yet. Aidan woke up a short time later, covered in his own blood. Shock had set in, and for that, he was somewhat thankful, as he couldn't feel the searing pain that coursed through his body. He had stumbled through the jungle a bit longer, and had somehow wound up here. That was when he had collapsed on the ground from his injuries.

...I'm dying, aren't I?

He could hear nothing except the sound of his heartbeat in his ears and the pouring of the rain. He looked up glumly as it drenched his body, washing away the blood that continued to ooze from his wounds. It seemed that no matter how much the rain washed away, more blood simply replaced it. It came out of his cuts, and bruises, out of his nose, and out of his mouth. He let out a sputtering cough, sending another shower of crimson flying.

Guess... guess this is it...

Aidan's eyes closed momentarily before reopening once again.

Stupid... never told her... how I felt. Kept saying I'd do it later... couldn't be a man. Couldn't just... just tell her... now? Hah... now I'll never know... she might'a... might'a even liked me too... she... she was always so nice... so pretty... prob'ly... the reason I got into... drama... in the first place.

Aidan smiled faintly as he remembered drama class. His friends, his classmates... they had all been nice to him, even when he hadn't had any friends. In a way, they were his only friends. And her? Well, she was one of the first. He'd always thought she was pretty, but he'd never told her. Now, he was regretting that with every fiber of his being... but now? It was far, far too late.

"So... sorry. Sorry I never said 'nothin'... Elizabeth."

MALE STUDENT NO. 83 - AIDAN KELLY - DECEASED

Return to “Swinging Bridge”