Match Point

Separate from the barracks, the showers are exactly as their name would suggest. The room is, in essence, a large bathroom facility with an open shower area. It's an ideal place to rest, but don't loiter around for too long. The lone door in the front of the building could sign your fate if an ambitious player follows you inside.
ZombiexCreame†

Post by ZombiexCreame† »

"Aww, I'm sure you'll be a good sacrifice," Lulu joked. She would never expect Lenny to ever do such a thing but it was the only thing she could even think to say. What a weird conversation. This made Lulu eager to change the subject but she couldn't think of a single thing to say. She stared down at her dirty shoes in thought, eyes squinting to see through her equally as filthy glasses.

"These things sure do collect dust.." she noted internally, taking them off and swiping at both the lenses with the edge of her shirt. After sliding her glasses back on her face, she thought about what Lenny said about not being good enough. Geez, he sure did have a low opinion of himself. But...just being on this island would probably bring your self-confidence down. You start to realize how insignificant you are. How small and weak and stupid you are.

Lulu never thought of herself as strong, 'nor did she have much self-confidence so her internal image of herself hadn't changed too much. Although she did still feel guilt about the deaths of Liam and... that other kid. His name escaped her, but Lulu was never too familiar with that boy anyway. Regardless, they were both dead and this made Lulu feel bad but... it was done and over with.

But Lenny must still feel bad about something. Letting her hands fall into her lap, she was about to say something, but Lenny broke the silence. He announced that he thought he was dying. Eyes widening slightly, she looked over at Lenny. She had almost forgotten that he had sustained quite a few wounds and on closer inspection, he definitely didn't look good.

"R.. Really? Oh gosh. Oh gosh. Okay, well. I still have a lot of stuff in my first-aid kit, I think. Do you need more bandages? Some water? I have a lot of stuff.." she frantically rattled off, digging through her bag. She may not have been extremely fond of Lenny but she didn't want him to die. She didn't want anyone to die. She could never wish that on anyone. Wait, was that even true? She had wished that Liam and Dorian were dead..technically.. so..Yes. Maybe some people deserved to die. And maybe even Lenny deserved to die after killing so many but still, she didn't want him dead now. No real explainable explainable reason but... Seeing another person die was never a pleasant experience.

She dug out her first-aid kit and a bottle of water. "Are you okay?" she asked, unsure of what to do. What should she do? She had no clue so she simply sighed and let her hands drop into her lap. She felt a little useless, like a person watching from behind thick glass.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler ZombiexCreame. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Lenny watched as Lulu went through her first aid, trying to figure out what to do for him. Lenny put up his hand and shook his head. "Stop, don't waste any of that. It's no use anymore. Don't worry, I still got some fight in me. It's just all this waiting around, I'm not a fan of it. I know you may not like this, but I want to be out there, killing someone. I feel most alive when I'm killing someone. Guess that puts me with the bad guys, but I don't care."

Lenny shifted his body to get more comfortable, and when he finally found a position he was comfortable with, he looked at Lulu.

"You know how in every one of those movies where people are trapped on an island or something, the characters always talk about how they would kill to have a cheeseburger or something? Well, they hit the nail right on the head with that line."

"I would love to have a cheeseburger right now. Or a steak. Yeah, a big thick juicy medium cooked steak."

Lenny felt his mouth start to water and he smiled.

"Then a ice cold cup of coke to wash it down. Or maybe just some chocolate milk."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Theseus. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
ZombiexCreame†

Post by ZombiexCreame† »

When Lenny told Lulu to stop and not to waste any of her supplies, she muttered a discontent, "Okay..." and then put the various medical items back into the kit. She shut the white lid, made sure it was sealed and then put it into her duffel bag. She was relieved that Lenny 'still had some fight in him' but she didn't realize that he meant this literally. Her face paled slightly and she stared down at the floor when Lenny explained that he would rather be out there killing. He felt more alive when he killed? Why would he? It was all insane but she didn't know what to say. Lulu didn't want to say the wrong thing. That could prove unfortunate.

"Oh," was the only thing she could manage, brushing a hand through her ragged red hair. She would never understand this boy. How could one enjoy something like that? It just seemed wrong. Tracing invisible patterns on the floor, Lulu was reminded of something she said to Anna early on. "This is probably the most interesting thing that's ever happened to me." Or something like that. Sure, Lulu had lived a plain and simple life before Survival of the Fittest and this was interesting, but she almost felt horrified at what she had said back then.

It may have been interesting, but it was also a million other things. Cruel, unfair and twisted were just a few words to sum it up. Shaking her head, she zipped up her duffel bag and tried to think of something to say. Well, she did agree with one thing. Waiting around was definitely beginning to grate her nerves. She wasn't entirely sure if she wanted to go anywhere, but was starting to become a bit stir-crazy. "I'm not a fan of waiting around either," she admitted. But really, there couldn't be many places left to go. Almost everything was danger zones now, weren't they?

Finally, the conversation changed to something a bit more pleasant. When Lenny mentioned movies about people trapped on an island, Lulu couldn't help but smile widely. She was thinking about Gilligan's Island, one of her favorite sitcoms. They could make radios out of coconuts. They would fight giant spiders in caves. They had intricately made bamboo shacks. Even though they all had their own little problems and differences, in the end, they were all friends, weren't they? Why couldn't this game be like that? "Oh okay, great idea Lulu. While you're at it, go make a Coconut-radio."

But like much things in Lulu's life, even her taste in food was plain. When Lenny started talking about food, she thought about it, and then replied, "I've never been a fan of cheese or steaks... I think bread and water suits me fine." She thought about this a little bit more for a moment. "Er well.. I like salad. And Spaghetti. And those cute little lunchables with the crackers..." She wondered if Lenny was hungry and decided to be polite by offering some of her food. "Are you hungry? I think I still have some bread that I haven't eaten yet. It has a little bit of mold on it, but I think if you pinch it off, it should be fine."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler ZombiexCreame. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Lenny was hungry, so he didn't want to turn down the food, even if it was slightly moldy.

"Actually, I am hungry. Thank you."

Lenny thought of Lulu's food choice. She was content with bread and water, and spaghetti.

"You're not very exotic there are you? Bread and water? Man, you got to think big. We made it this far into the game and you're still thinking small. I mean, we could have anything. Right now there are no rules, you can say, do, think, dream whatever you want."

Lenny stretched his arms out then said, "This could be your last day alive, and you're still thinking about bread and water. It's time to step up, start thinking more. You've already taken a human life, I don't know what other trouble you could get into by dreaming a little big."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Theseus. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
ZombiexCreame†

Post by ZombiexCreame† »

Offering Lenny a friendly smile, Lulu dug through her bag and pulled out the loaf of bread. As expected, an emerald green mold was climbing up the side of it. Giving a dissatisfied sigh, she ripped off the moldy bits and then handed the loaf to Lenny. "There ya go!" she said in a cheerful voice. Unfortunately, she didn't have much more food left. Just a single water bottle and a small amount of stale, bug-infested bread. How long would she even have to rely on this meager amount of food? Probably not long... There wasn't a lot of time left. Until then, Lulu decided that she would have to make do with this amount of food. Luckily, she wasn't a big eater. This could probably last her a bit longer.

Zipping her bag back up, Lulu placed her back against the wall and listened as Lenny spoke. She folded her hands neatly in her lap and contemplated what he was saying. Had he gone insane or something? Was the blood loss getting to him? What he was saying made absolutely no sense to Lulu. Dream big? No rules? Do whatever you want? With a very serious look on her face, Lulu frowned. "Lenny, are you feeling okay? I may not be exotic but... I don't think I'm thinking small... I'm just saying that bread and water taste good! Besides that, you aren't making any sense. We can't have anything. We're bound by rules! We're hiding in a little building because there are killers out there!"

Lulu went quiet for a moment and began to wonder why she had suddenly lost her optimistic views. Was she really thinking small? She was just trying to be realistic. If Lenny thought that there were really no rules, Lulu would have to smack some sense into him. But perhaps he was referring to something else. Maybe he was referring to the fact that you could kill whoever you want. That was one side of the game, at least... But there were still solid rules and you couldn't exactly do whatever you wanted... Lulu found herself completely confused and vaguely wondered if Lenny was just saying things at random.

But really, she saw a little bit of sense in what Lenny was saying. They did have some freedoms. She could say whatever she wanted and she could go wherever she wanted on the island, as long as it wasn't a danger zone. However, these freedoms came with a hefty price. A price that Lulu didn't want to bargain for... "Lenny's nuts, we can't do whatever we want! Maybe he can, but I'm content with just sitting here.. I would like to leave and help people though.. I'm sure there are people who need help somewhere, right? But it wouldn't be safe to leave..."

Realizing that Lenny had begun to speak again, Lulu looked over in his direction and listened. Although what he was saying didn't make too much sense to Lulu, she struggled to understand his line of thinking. Maybe there was some logic somewhere, but she was having trouble with comprehending the idea. Dreaming big.. She didn't really understand. What did this have to do with dreaming big? This was all about fighting for your life! But she would humor him. "I.. Uh.. I guess you're right. Maybe.. Bread and water is good, but I guess I could settle for a.. chicken sandwich or something.."

"Oh, you sound like a loser, Lulu," she thought to herself. Lenny's mention of Lulu taking a human life made her visibly cringe; she didn't like to think about that much. Why did that subject have to come up at all? Maybe if she just agreed with him, he would change the subject. Flustered, she dug her fingernails into the wooden floor beneath her and thought about what Lenny had said. Maybe he was right, somehow.. "Alright, alright.. I'll.. uh, try to dream big. I guess. I'm not sure what to dream about.. Other than obvious things. However, I think we should just focus on the situation at hand. There might be some hard times ahead of us."
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Lenny took the bread and ate around the mold, nodding a thank you at the girl.

"We're bound by rules! We're hiding in a little building because there are killers out there!

"Don't you see! We are the killers!"

The banter went on, and he managed a smile when Lulu said she'd like a chicken sandwich.

"Well, it's better than nothing I guess."

The thought of other killers out there shifted Lenny's thought process. He had plenty of weapons on him, what, two handguns, a hatchet, even that one girls katana?

"What kind of protection do you have?"

Lenny knew Lulu had it in her to take a life, and he just had to make sure she had the right equipment. He didn't want to be caught off his guard, with a girl who couldn't back him up.
ZombiexCreame†

Post by ZombiexCreame† »

((Time to get outta here and get to end game. :]))

When Lenny mentioned that they were the killers, Lulu went quiet and stared down at her shoes. As much as she hated to admit it, he was right. She wanted to retort that she wasn't a killer, but the truth was imminent: she had killed. There was a bit of an awkward silence between the two until Lenny asked Lulu what kind of protection she had. This question almost riled up a bit of suspicion in Lulu, but she ignored this feeling. Why hide what she had? Lenny had probably already seen all her weapons anyway. She only had two.

Pointing to the scythe leaning against the wall beside her, she said, "That scythe, it's what I started out with, and I have a gun in my duffel bag. It was Madison's." Lulu reached over and pulled out the heavy gun, placing it in her lap. It weighed a ton. "I think it's some sort of machine gun," she muttered, scratching the top of her head. She assumed that this gun would probably help her out a lot, but Lulu wasn't so sure. It seemed rather destructive. She could probably mow Lenny down now, grab his stuff, and hit the road. But that was wrong. She wouldn't use this as a tool of murder. She'd use it as a tool of defense. "But doesn't defense technically mean hurting someone and, or killing them?" Lulu wasn't so sure.

There was another silence between them, but something strange and distant killed the quiet. What was it? Lulu looked around, her eyes scanning the room. Where was it coming from? It took a few seconds, but she finally came to the realization that it was the daily announcements. "Oh, right.. Geez, how could I forget?" Lulu glanced over at Lenny and listened with utmost concentration.

But the more Lulu listened, the deeper her heart dropped. A terrible weight became obvious in her stomach. She didn't want to hear this, but she couldn't bear to shut her eyes and drown out the sound. Almost two weeks had passed since the start of this abominable game. Nearly two long weeks. Just thirteen days ago, Lulu had been a normal girl with normal ambitions and dreams. Now she was just a lamb to the slaughter. A playing piece in a fatal game. But this wasn't the news that shocked Lulu the most. It was the fact that she was one of four people alive.

Only four people were alive. That was it.

"Me.. and Lenny.." Lulu whispered, glancing over at the other boy. Who else? She waited impatiently to hear the rest of the announcements. Mr. Danya went on explain everyone's deaths in excruciatingly cruel detail, but Lulu tried to ignore this. Danya was just being cruel to rile up the players. She wouldn't fall for it. She would have to remain level headed. "Steve and Ryan are dead. Didn't I come across them once during the game?" Lulu shook her head. She wasn't sure. She wasn't sure of anything now adays. Everything was lost in her muddled quagmire of a memory. Danya went on to mention a few more deaths, but Lulu wasn't all too concerned about them. It was cruel, but it wasn't right to mourn over their deaths for long. Two-hundred people were dead. As terrible as it sounded to Lulu, she would have to forget them and move on. "They all died terribly.. I hate hearing this."

Mr. Danya went on to announce the final four. Lulu's ears pricked and she listened as closely as she could. First there was Trish McCarroll and then Lenny Priestly. At the harsh words of Mr. Danya, Lulu grimaced and looked over at Lenny. She wanted to whisper some words of comfort, but she wasn't sure what to say. She decided to stay quiet. At the mention of the third name, Lulu paled. That was it. The fourth name would obviously be her own, but... Rizzo? Just as Mr. Danya said, that boy had a huge kill count! He was a definite player! Lulu groaned and buried her head in her hands. And now came her moment of embarrassment. Why couldn't Danya just skip her announcement and move on to the next point of interest?

"...leeching off her friends... got some blood on those tiny little hands... you think you could make it on your own?... I really hope your grandmother is enjoying the amazing little murderer you've become..."

Lulu groaned again and could feel hot tears splashing down her cheeks. She didn't want to cry like this in front of anyone, but she couldn't help it. It wasn't true! Danya was a liar! Lulu didn't leech off her friends.. she didn't murder because she wanted to. And then there was her grandmother. Her vivacious grandmother back at home. What was she thinking about Lulu? Was she watching the TV in horror? Maybe if Lulu was lucky, she was on a three-week vacation in Vegas or Hawaii. "I didn't leech off of anyone.." she mumbled, her voice quivering. "Did I?"

The announcements finally came to an end. Lulu wiped her tears and stood up, shoving her gun into her bag. She grabbed the handle of her scythe and looked over at Lenny. Tears kept spilling down her cheeks. "We should probably go. I wouldn't want to get caught here in a danger zone..." "I haven't lasted thirteen days to die now. I have to keep going. I've made it this far! I must have some luck in me. But I won't kill. I won't. I'll try not to.." "Let's walk to the airfield together, alright?"

((continued in the airfield))
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Lenny nodded in approval of Lulu's weapons. If he had to trust the girl that not too long ago he was trying to kill, she might as well be armed. Trust? No, Lenny wouldn't go that far, would he? He had only trusted his sister, who was now dead. Lulu was one of those to blame for Elizabeth's death indirectly, or so he wanted to believe. But was she really? Lenny didn't want to try to sort through those thoughts, it didn't matter anymore. Suddenly a shot of pain rang through Lenny's body, he grimaced as he looked down. Two weeks had taken their toll on his body, he didn't know how he was even still moving. Sheer will maybe. Maybe it was his desire to revenge Elizabeth's death, though everyone involved in her death was dead now. So what was it? Why was Lenny compelled to keep moving forward? He wasn't sure anymore.

The announcement came to life, and Lenny listened. Four students left. Lenny had made it. If only Elizabeth was here with him. Lenny listened to Danya's remarks, and surprisingly he didn't feel any anger. He felt nothing, just empty. Lenny Priestly was just a shell of the boy he was on day one. Besides Lenny and Lulu there was Trish and J.R. Lenny looked over at Lulu to see tears on her cheeks. He was going to ask if she was ok, but he didn't. Why? He didn't know.

He watched as Lulu got up and said that they were going to walk to the airfield together. So this was it. The unlikely duo heading to the final confrontation. The final four.

Lenny stood up and looked at Lulu. He had nothing to say, no long speech, nothing witty, he knew that they were most likely heading to their deaths. Even if one of them was the winner, one of them would still be dead. There was nothing to say to that. Lenny had killed so many, and yet the thought that it was all coming to an end left him with so many emotions. Was he happy? Sad? All he knew was that part of him, part of him he wouldn't show Lulu, was excited. He would get to fight and maybe kill one last time. He would be able to feed the dark appetite he had grown accustomed to on this island. Thoughts of Elizabeth flashed through his mind, and he just said, "Ok" to Lulu. He wouldn't betray her. Despite this island, she wasn't dark like him. Dark and light, yin and yang, yet they shared similarities as well. They were all people on this island. They were all sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, friends. Now all those people were dead.

Four left.

Lenny smiled. Let the games begin.

Continued in ENDGAME

Return to “The Showers”