Lost

This huge area takes up most of the island, with the only real "settled" places on it being the parts of the abandoned and run down military base. There are paths through the jungle, but there's also an extremely thick underbrush and abundance of plant life that would impede and agitate the contestants; not to mention the animal life dwelling within that would find the contestants to be a nice treat. The terrain itself is trecherous with several random drops, cliffs, and the occasional booby trap that the soldiers manning the base "forgot" to disarm; one could be easily lost for days in the vast confines of the jungle if the heat and other conditions didn't drive them insane. Exercise caution, children, one wrong step here would most definitely be your last.
Lucid†

Lost

Post by Lucid† »

Through all of her life, Jodene Zalack had never managed to be so lost. The blonde didn't know where she was, didn't know what was happening to her classmates, and worst of all, wasn't sure what to think of it all. She had been awake for three days now, and all through those days, she hadn't seen a single person. Nobody from her classes, none of her friends, or any of her cheerleading teammates. For most of the first day, Jodene had wandered the jungle, looking for a way out, or some way to find salvation. At first she had thought about just ripping off the metal collar around her neck, but the instruction manual seemed to show that it might not be a very good idea. Using the kukri knife that she was assigned to hack through the bushes, she tried to mark a trail for herself, in case she got turned around, but it didn't seem to be working.

Two days and some announcements had passed since she'd woken up, and Jodene was now really worried that she'd never be able to find her way out of the jungle. She'd listened to the names of the dead with a numb feeling, because Jodene didn't expect anyone to actually play the game. She had heard about Survival of the Fittest before, but never had paid much attention to it, thinking that it was just some stupid reality show. She now knew that she was so unbelievably wrong.

"Where am I going? This is so stupid! I cant walk in circles anymore!"

Finally out of frustration she sat on a tree stump that had moss growing all over it. The moss was staining her pants, and damply soaking through to her bottom, but she was too tired and frustrated to really care. As she sat on the stump, Jodene wondered why she hadn't seen anybody yet. Everybody couldn't be dead, because the trip she had been on had had so many people on it.

As she sat on the stump, she fiddled with the sharp knife that the terrorists had given her. It was long and wicked-looking, and would be something that a player of the game might want to get their hands on.

"But whats to say that I don't play myself?"

Jodene surprised herself at what came out of her mouth, but had really been thinking long and hard about it for a few days. The object of the game was to kill everyone, and that meant friends and enemies alike. She didn't really have any enemies, but would her friends really want to protect her when they were worried about themselves? Jodene thought not.

It was then where she decided that playing was really the only way to live in this game. There wasnt any escape, and if people had already started playing the game, she couldn't trust anyone. It seemed to make sense to her. Nobody would be coming looking especially for her, and the thought had occurred to her that even her friends might not want her around. But maybe if she won, her parents might realize that she was as special as Kirk, or Sarah, two of her younger siblings.

"If I won, everyone would know who I am..."

And that was how Jodene Zalack decided she was going to play the game. As she got up from the stump, she looked again at her map and walked in a straight line east, hoping to catch a break and get out of the jungle she'd been in for days.

Two hours later, she got that lucky break and left the jungle.

((Continued in Lilacs and Lolita))

[[i hope this is fine for a first post, ive tried to read some others and make mine sort of the same!]]
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Lucid. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “The Jungle”