Out on the Town and Out of the Closet

Open to all, LGBTA especially welcome

Old and new intertwine at Bryan's Bowl-a-Rama. Established in 2003, Bryan wanted a retro, vintage look for his bowling alley, but he also wanted all the new age amenities. It boasts 42 lanes, a billiard area, and a VIP lounge complete with a huge plasma television. Friday night is "Theme Night", where the alley gives discounts to those individuals who come dressed in the theme of the night.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

His eyes were slowly focused on Troy. He tried to pay full attention to Troy. From the corner of his eye, though, Brad could still see Kara. Hmm.... I bet she notices me. Looks like she still hates me. Fuck.... Of all places... Cuddled up against her boyfriend. Brad had no quarrels with Gabe or any of his friends or teammates. He did not like Kara, however, one bit. He actually used to like the girl, though. When he had first seen her, and thought she had a rocking body. 'A nerd like me could never get close to someone like her' he used to say to himself. He actually believed in that whole belief. Well... that was until that party.

Brad rarely got invited to parties. Yeah, sure, there were some people who did invite him, although the line between actually wanting him to go and pitying him seemed to blend together. At one of these parties, was where Brad met the real Kara Holmes. Honestly, when he met with her at the party of someone who's name eluded him, there wasn't a speck of evil intentions. Kara was a cute girl at the time, and even though Brad wasn't the best looking guy around, he wasn't the bottom of the barrel. Brad wasn't sure, but that single night, he felt attracted to Kara like no one else. He wouldn't guess it would have led to waking up right next to her in a bedroom. Troy, Gabe nor anyone else could have ever guessed that Brad Kavanagh was the one to deflower Kara Holmes. Or vise versa. It was one of the greatest experiences Brad had ever gone through, even though he had almost no clue what the both of them were supposed to do.

After that, he felt no other feeling towards Kara than sheer affection. He had just wished he could have seen Kara sooner. Then maybe they'd still be an item. The next time he saw her... she didn't even acknowledge him. Now, Brad knows Kara Holmes for who he believes she truly is: A self-centered bitch who only cares about her own appearance. High School was full of those people, and they made Brad sick to his stomach.

Trying to find a way to change the subject as quickly as possible, Brad pointed over to the newcomer. "Hey," he spoke up. "Isn't that Melissa Diaz?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

With the arrival of Melissa and Flora Kara could finally take her mind off of Brad. She didn't used to hate him as much as she did now, it was just easier to hate him when he refused to talk to her and completely ignored her after... after what happend.

Kara went to all the parties, even before her and Gabe started dating. She'd always look as cute as she could and it usually worked because she'd end up having to fend the boys off. One night, and a party no different from the others, there was a guy which of course turned out to be Brad. He was cuter than all the ugly guys, though not as hot as the normal ones, though he was really nice. All it took was some sweet talking from him and a couple more drinks in her system before the couple were making out on the couch and he wasn't that bad at it either.

Kara stood, slowly, and stumbled towards a room and waved for him to follow him. Needless to say the two moved quickly after that from making out on the bed to roaming hands to her giving the nod saying it was okay. It didn't hurt Kara when it happend, that was one of the last things she remembered from that night. The next morning the two woke up side by side with nothing to say. He left before Kara could get his number or when they'd see eachother next. Saturday and Sunday passed by slowly and Kara cried to her best friend Serenity who made her feel better about it. Her cousin, whom she talked to all the time on the phone, told her she was better off and he was probably a big jerk who only wanted sex. "Just forget it ever happend and act like you don't even see him when you do." She said. Kara took the advice and now the two can't stand eachother. She'd often wonder sometimes what really happend and if he really was like that, or if he really did like her. She'd never know, shortly after that happend Kara agreed to go on the date with Gabe and the two have been together ever since.

Not wanting Gabe to be upset that he wasn't her first, she didn't tell him about Brad. It wasn't important anymore and it was clearly a mistake. She loved Gabe and if she could have gone back in time, it would be Gabe for her first. Now with the added company showing up Kara was able to ease herself to a pleasent mood as long as Brad didn't come over here.

"We already started the game, but if you want to roll for me you can. I'm up next. Maybe you can improve my score."

Turning her attention to Steve, Serenity's boyfriend whom she actually didn't mind, and smacking his hand around her boyfriend Kara wrapped herself around Gabe. "No way Steve, he's mine."

Courtney sat awkwardly watching everyone talk and soaking in the place. One of the upsides of being really quiet was that Courtney was able to pay attention to everything. The girl walking up to them, Steve who just showed up, Evan and how no one cheered for him when he got a strike and his attitude towards Steve, the boys by the games with one of them eyeing Kara and Gabe, the boy who was dancing weirdly to the music and also the man behind the counter spraying the shoes and counting the cash.

Is that Bryan? The name of the place saying Bryan's bowl or something.. Could that be him?
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler baby_g. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ares

Post by Ares »

The flurry of action in the next 3 minutes, had Steve's head on a swivel. People trying to talk to him from every angle, along with the new arrivals of Flora and Melissa. Steve was bit taken a back from the hint of attitude from Evan, but decided to ignore it.

Gabe then directed his attention to Kara's cousin Courtney. She was rather attractive, and seemed a bit shy. Steve put on his best smile and extended his hand.

"Hi. Wonderful to meet you Courtney, my name is Steve. If I'm not mistaken you're here for the year. How are you liking it so far?" Steve saw Gabe roll his eyes out of the corner of his eye, however he also saw someone whom with Kara he shared a mutual dislike.

"Kara, isn't that Brad?...Sorry to cut off for a sec," He added to Courtney, "Man, what is with that guy. I remember seeing you and Serenity having a good row with him in the halls, but Serenity never told me what the heck was going on."
Stuff. Things. Stuff and things.
Namira

Post by Namira »

((Simon continued from One Bagged Lunch))
((Katie continued from It's Ladies Night and the Feeling's Right...))

"So remind me again why you are walking me to Bryan's when, by your own words, you have told me that you can't actually bowl with that arm of yours? Make no mistake, it is incredibly... gallant, but you've no reason whatsoever to help me,"

Katie Nellt would be the first to admit that she couldn't fathom Simon Wood, then again, something told her that she wasn't exactly part of an exclusive group in that regard. Simon shrugged and favoured her with a smile.

"People don't help each other enough. You were looking a little lonely and more than a little fed up. I might not be that great at reading a conversatin, but I can read that kind of thing; it was obvious, unfortunately. Plus, once I got to talking with you, I thought it was a little strange that you were going bowling on your own,"

Katie gave him a sidelong glance, then smiled back at him. That was fair enough, going bowling alone was a pretty strange thing to do. In truth she was hoping some of her friends might be there already, for conversation, if not a game. But it seemed she had the first part covered...

"I was hoping some of my friends might be there already actually. Out of curiousity, how do you know you can't play? you have one perfecty functioning arm as far as I can see, and you don't need two... not really,"

Simon winked.

"Maybe I'm too afraid of being beaten to try," he quipped, causing Katie to chuckle and punch him on his good arm.

"Well Mister, you and I are going in there right now so we can resolve your fear... by facing it" Simon began to laugh too.

"You'd take advantage of a crippled boy for the sake of winning a game? I am shocked Miss. Nellt," Katie giggled.

"I'm not too good at bowling. I have to take whatever advantage I can get,"

Their conversation ceased momentarily as they entered the building itself. It looked as if quite a few of their classmates were there already, so it shouldn't be too hard to find somebody to partner up with.

"Come on. Flora's over there, maybe we can go with her?" Simon smiled as she tugged him along by the hand. It had been a while... that was for sure. Still, this was really what Simon had been hoping for; a chance to make some new friends. He'd already met some in the slightly peculiar Lacus Clyne, and the shy new girl Madison Connor, hopefully it wouldn't be too hard to find more. Indeed he and Katie were already fairly close. It was a promising start.

"Why's it necessary to have a larger group?" Simon asked Katie, somewhat confused.

"Because it saves lanes," Katie responded, with one of those answers which doesn't actually solve the question for the person who has actually asked it.

"Rrrrright..." Simon muttered, trailing along after her, at a loss to understand her logic.

"Hey Flora. Me and Simon were going to have a game; would you like to buddy up?" Katie knew most people in the year fairly well, even if she didn't like all of them, but Flora was decent enough in her opinion. Hopefully she wouldn't have too much of a problem with her idea.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

Courtney, excited to see that someone was talking to her, was alittle let down by being cut off so fast though it wasn't like she had much to say. She couldn't say she really enjoyed talking to new people whom she didn't know that well. It was mainly due to her accent, and not being able to pronouce all her english words correctly. Steve was cute so that ment she'd have to try very hard to say very little so he wouldn't think she was stupid.

I'm fine thanks, exchange? Yea, for a year, maybe longer if I really like it. Nothings going on really, kinda bored. Hey you bowl? Ladedadeda... Why does the name Brad sound familiar?

Kara, looking up sharply at Steve to the mention of Brads name, gave him a dirty look and went back to take a peek to see if he was still there.

"Brad who?" She said sarcastically. "I wouldn't call it a fight as much as him just being a moron.. which we all know he is. I don't want to talk about him anymore okay?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler baby_g. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ares

Post by Ares »

"Fair enough, fair enough." Steve said calmly. That was one thing he was good at recognizing, was when to shut up. He acquired this trait through football, after being tossed from a game for mouthing off to the referee. It actually still bothered him to this day, because that was the only game they lost that year, and if he would have been in there to feed Gabe and shred their defense, they would have had a perfect season.

He turned back to Courtney and spoke, "Sorry about, cutting off there. I'm sure you know how it is when you have something on your mind and you want to say it before you forget. I say we start up again. Hi, my name is Steve. Its nice to meet you. I wish I could say Kara has told me a bit about you so I don't seem as if I'm going to pester you with questions, but unfortunately she seems to pre-occupied with not sharing her love machine that I wasn't able to get any information."

Steve flashed a sarcastic grin again at Kara and Gabe, then turned back to Courtney, staring straight into her hazel eyes.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Trying to take his mind off of, Brad glared over at Flora standing over at the shoe rental stand. Seeing her didn't exactly strike a chord in the boy's mind in an instant, but he assumed that she must have been with Melissa. The doorway to the actual bowling alley opened, and Brad saw two more people enter as well. He pouted, shaking his head slightly. Jesus Christ, he thought inside of his head, leaning his arms against the railing. Now here's two more people. What, is everyone getting off the same god damned bus?

But, no matter how much he tried to keep his mind busy, he couldn't stop thinking about Kara. That one night. Honestly, he didn't really remember much. He remembered Kara was, at the time, one of the most attractive girls he had ever seen. He also knew that it was the first time he had ever drank alcohol, which tasted better than he thought it would. He also could recall how tipsy he was feeling at the time (he was lucky that he didn't throw up at all). The last thing he could remember about that night was being on top of Kara, shivering like crazy as her nails scraped across his back. The morning after, Brad's head felt like it was going to explode, but seeing Kara's face made him forget about it.

It... It really felt like, in Brad's mind, that it was Kara's first. Just the way she acted to every single little thing he did... Made it that more obvious.

Yeah... deep down inside the unknown reaches of Brad's heart, he still had feelings towards Kara other than hatred, but at this point, with Gabe as her boyfriend, there was no possible way to come out and say this. It made Brad somewhat sad, but he wasn't complaining. In the boy's mind, she was as empty as a plastic shopping bag, and only seemed to care about herself and her own popularity. All Brad could do was shake his head disapprovingly, and sigh. No matter how much he'll try, someone like Kara was not meant for someone like Brad. He could just tell from her body movements that she didn't like him whatsoever. He wished this wasn't true, but it was a fact. Besides, Brad had just come out of jail, and hell if he knew that she didn't like criminals.

Brad turned to stare at Troy, frowning softly. I really don't feel like talking about it, but... I can't keep this from Troy. He's my friend. I... just can't leave him in the dark like this... can I?
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

"Courtney," she said quietly still pretty shy. "I am from France and I live with Kara. You date Serenity?"

Careful, you know you like to mess up your words... Say little things at a time and you'll be sure to get out of this free. He's Serenitys boyfriend.. Karas best friends' boyfriend... and you're her cousin so that basically makes you her new friend and friends don't flirt with friends' boyfriends.

"Oh Steve," Kara piped up, "Courtney's really selfconcious about her accent and what not, so if she's not saying alot to you it's not cause she doesn't like you. Or maybe it is? Heh, who knows..." Quickly turning her attention back to her boyfriend Kara giggled to herself knowing that Courtney would probably be blushing.

Looking down trying to hide her 'red as could be' cheeks Courtney focused on the tiled floor and her awful looking shoes.

Stupid Kara
Ares

Post by Ares »

Steve chuckled slightly at Kara, but then noticed Courtney had flushed and put her head down. Steve rose up from next to Gabe, and went to sit next to Courtney. He sat next to hear, and leaned down slightly.

"Hey, you should never feel self-concious about your accent. It makes you unique, and I'd rather enjoy the company of someone who is unique than your average joe. So seriously, don't let it get to you."

Steve once again gave the girl a gentle smile.

"Now tell me about how you got those bowling shoes, since you seem to be fascinated by them, and they look pretty sweet. I mean I've come here for years, and never had a pair that nifty"
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

"These things?" Courtney said clicking the heels of them together. "Pretty ugly don't you think? Back home they'd let me just wear my sneakers."

Looking up sheepishly at the boy who'd begun to show so much interest in her she couldn't help but notice that he might have been flirting with her.

Oh shush, he's just making good company.

"I hate these yellow laces. The shoes look horrible. It's like bowling gutter balls doesn't suck enough as it is, you have to wear these things too."

Looking over seeing that the boy both Steve and Kara had talked about was still there, finally the name clicked.

Brad! Kara's Brad!

"Why don't you like Brad?"
Ares

Post by Ares »

Why did Steve not like Brad? It was a question that he didn't want to answer, but he liked this girl, and talking to her was fun, and felt natural, so he did. Steve lowered his voice to a private tone.

"In all honesty, I don't like him based on what Serenity has told me happened with him and Kara. I don't condone what he did or, well, what I've been told he did. I've never asked her about it personally, because I didn't know how to approach it. Moving on however, I did get to see the beauty of a gutter ball you through in the last frame. You see those arrows at the start of the lane," Steve pointed to the arrows, "Try lining up the center of your body with the one second from the left then throwing. I know it might seem like a big adjustment, but its better to over compensate for now."

I like this girl. I feel really natural around her, and that accent and her eyes are cute as hell...No...I've got Serenity and I'm happy..

Steve then had another thought,

Or am I? I mean, look at what shes doing tonight, and it ain't like its the first time this happened.

Steve let out a sigh, as he turned slightly to see who was up to bowl next.
laZardo†

Post by laZardo† »

((Home net caught AIDS and died. =_= Sorry for the holdup.))

Troy had been sticking by his buddy as he watched more students gather. It turned out that the place really was gathering the school's most sociable folks, though his enthusiasm was tempered by the lack of "bruthas" hanging about this joint. One thing he did seem to notice was that Brad was nervous, and it was probably related to hearing Brad's name circulating just as suspiciously among the newcomers. Still, Troy paid attention to the news more than he figured the others did (oddly enough it helped him keep in tune with the latest happenings as well).

"Mel? Oh yeah, she's fine, a bit outta our league right now though." Speaking of girlfriends, he couldn't help but think of the person he'd heard Brad was dating before he went to prison...the same girl he'd met earlier. Things clicked in his mind fast enough for Troy to figure that it was the reason Brad was so nervous. "Ay, you still havin' feelings for an ex or somethin?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler laZardo. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Brad sighed, looking down at the tiles of the floor for a moment. Well, he asked, Brad. He's your friend, man. You can at least tell him this, can't you? What have you got to lose? He looked back up at Troy, hesitating for a long moment. Finally, he nodded slightly, and sighed again. He turned his head around to take another quick glance at Kara, then turned his attention back to Brad. "I can't keep this stuff quiet these days... yeah, I guess you COULD say that...."

Brad stopped himself for a moment. Do I really want to tell him this? He sighed softly a third time in a row, as his eyes looked down at the floor again. "Troy... I'm not going to fucking lie to you. Hell, I can't even remember when you've lied to me, personally." He looked back up at his friend again, his frown starting to clear up. "How would you react if I.... If I told you that I was Kara Holmes's first?"
RePeate†

Post by RePeate† »

"Alright, another spare! I'm on fire tonight guys. Should I be taking bets do you think?" Gabe chimed in gleefully. Gabe was having a great night. Things started a bit rough with a fight with Kara after practice, but now the evening was shaping up. Steve had arrived and was hitting on Courtney so blantanly Gabe almost laughed out loud.

Typical Steve... what a cornball routine. The funny thing is that the chicks love it! How the hell does he do that?

Gabe never understood how Steve got the things he wanted in life. He could see right through all his plays and routines in life: the way he smoothed out bad grades with his parents, the way he picked up women, even the way he could calm Serenity down just by cooing like a dove. He'd never admit it, but Gabe was so jealous that people never saw through Steve's antics the way he did. People could never buy that act coming from Gabe. He'd get spotted in an instant. But Steve... Steve was a true natural, and Gabe thought that deep down, people wanted to believe everything Steve told them.

"You see that babe!" he shouted to Kara, not wanting to disrupt Steve's gameplay for Courtney. Oh, he knew Steve would never go past light flirting; He was in too deep with Serenity for anything more. But he thought he'd let it go on out of sheer morbid curiosity of what would come of it. Deep down inside, Gabe knew Kara would be telling him the next day to have Steve around more, based on Courtney's bashful admission to developing a crush on him. He'd seen it a million times. That Steve, the lucky bastard.

Little did Gabe know, a storm cloud threatened to ruin his perfect little night, and that cloud's name was Brad. Gabe was only saved through being blissfully unaware of the goings-on in the alley that night.

Evan in the meantime stayed slumped in his chair, noticeably upset for losing the spotlight.

You gotta win back their attention Evan ol' boy. Don't let some fancy-ass jock come in and steal your thunder. Remember, you the man!

Evan rose to his feet. "Anyone want some food? I'm gonna hit the snack bar for some nachos and a Pepsi. I don't know about you guys, but I'm famished!" He pointed towards the snack bar, eyes fixed on everyone at the table except Steve.

That's right, no attention for the glory hog

"Gabe, you want anything? I know they got Slush Puppies here... I know you waaaaant one" Evan said in a satirical voice. "Girls? Anything? No? I'm buying...". Finally he got the attention he sought from Gabe.

"Ya buddy, now you're thinking. I'll come with, I owe you for the game anyways, let me buy. Kara hun, you want anything while I'm up there?" said Gabe in a obligatory-thing-to-ask-your-girlfriend tone of voice. "Courtney... Steve... anything guys?".
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler RePeate. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

"Fries and Coke?" Kara asked.

"Me too please."

"I'm pretty hungry if I do say so myself."

Turning around to watch the boys head towards the food, Kara realized something horrible. They'd have to walk past Brad and Troy before they got to the food.... whom looked like they were talking about something pretty important.

Shit!

Return to “Bryan's Bowl-a-Rama”