Out on the Town and Out of the Closet

Open to all, LGBTA especially welcome

Old and new intertwine at Bryan's Bowl-a-Rama. Established in 2003, Bryan wanted a retro, vintage look for his bowling alley, but he also wanted all the new age amenities. It boasts 42 lanes, a billiard area, and a VIP lounge complete with a huge plasma television. Friday night is "Theme Night", where the alley gives discounts to those individuals who come dressed in the theme of the night.
Zabriel†

Out on the Town and Out of the Closet

Post by Zabriel† »

It was a normal Friday night down at Bryan's. There were several kids hanging about and playing games. Nick strolled in and grinned at the music that was being played. It was his anthem; "Dancing Queen" by ABBA. It was one of the Friday night songs. There were a lot of songs like that on Fridays, which made it fun, especially for boys like Nick who thrived off of old disco songs and the stereotypical gay music. That was part of the reason that the local GSA had decided on that bowling sounded great that Friday night. The other half was the fact that it had been two months since they had been bowling together. Nick saw that their usual alleys were open, so he went towards twelve and thirteen to wait for the rest of the group to arrive.

He was looking forward to playing with everybody. Hopefully everybody would show up, or at least enough people to form two teams and have a fun little competition. He also liked Queens vs Kings, but that was only when no Allies were around. If it was a mix of people like it usually was they just formed teams, thought up silly names and played. Nick usually rolled with a few of his old girlfriends like Khris or Blossom. That worked out pretty well usually. They played well together. They just had that kind of chemistry.

Nick sat for a moment and tried to think of what he might need to actually spend money on while he was there. He had his own shoes, which was good, because he hated rental shoes. (Come on, Nick wear something that somebody else's feet were in? Gross me out!) He also had his own ball that he'd had custom made in Rainbow PRIDE with his name etched above the holes. So really he only had to worry about the lane and game cost, which was nothing big. Of course he'd probably want something to drink or snack on later, but he'd think about that later.

He pulled his cellphone out of his pocket to check the time. It was almost seven-thirty, so the rest of his friends would be trickling in any minute. He tapped his foot a little, knowing that Khris would laugh at how impatient he was being. That was just how he was. Waiting was not and would never be his strong suit.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Zabriel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ares

Post by Ares »

A black Ford Lightning screeched to a halt in the parking lot of Bryan's bowl-a-rama. Steve Digaetano jumped out of the truck and ran into Bryan's. Being late was something that his girlfriend Serenity hated, but forgetting where he was supposed to meet her was even worse. She hadn't her cellphone all night, and Steve was becoming restless. She wasn't at their normal meeting place, so Bryan's was his next bet, since he had taken her here on their first date, and surprisingly lost all 3 rounds of bowling they played.

Steve burst through the front door, and quickly scanned the alley. It was about half full, so spotting Serenity might be difficult, that was until Steve spotted a fellow Southridge student. His name was Nick and he was part of GSA. Steve didn't have a problem with the GSA, but he never had gone out of his way to talk to anyone involved in it. He approached the sitting boy, outstreched his hand offering a handshake.

"Hi. I'm Steve, I believe we go to school together. I'm looking for my girlfriend Serenity, Serenity Halos. You wouldn't happen to have seen her around her would you?"
Stuff. Things. Stuff and things.
Ares

Post by Ares »

(sorry for the double post y'all)

Steve quickly checked his cellphone's clock.

Fuck. I don't have time to wait for this guy to realize someone was talking to him

"Hey dude, never mind. I don't think she's here, so I'll check out somewhere else. Thanks anyways."

Steve turned and bolted out of bowling alley, giving a quick nod to Bryan behind the counter.

"Dammit Serenity, where the hell are you?" he mumbled as he climbed back into his truck and raced out of the parking lot.
RePeate†

Post by RePeate† »

(Continued from "Gimme a P!")
((Evan continued from Give Me a 'P'!))

Gabe's car pulled into the lot at the bowling alley. The bickering between him and Kara had died down for now, as he had Evan and Courtney with him, and didn't want to be embarassed in front of them. He got out of the car and rested his hand flat on the roof of his car as he turned to talk to the others. "So, how many games we want? I've only got ten bucks on me" he said to the rest of the group. Evan replied "Well, I can cover you the extra if you want more than two. I think it's only five bucks a game here anyways, so you'd need some change for tax".

Bowling on a Friday night. Evan thought to himself. Whoop-dee-doo.

The four of them headed inside, through the cheaply carpeted 80's style lobby and corny music to the front desk. The clerk was busy spraying the rental shows with antiseptic, and barely noticed them approaching. Gabe stared at him until he got eye contact, at which point he gave him an eyebrow raise as if to say "what's up?"

"So, it's just the four then?" said the clerk, a short and skinny fellow only a few years older than them with a patchy goatee and long curly hair.

"Yep, two games to start I think..." said Gabe.

"Forty-five sixty-eight in total" replied the clerk. Gabe was taken aback. Man, bowling suddenly got expensive.

Evan reached into his back pocket to pull out his wallet. He took out his MasterCard and handed it to the clerk. "That's for everyone" he said in a flat tone, completely unphased by the cost of their outing. The clerk eyed the card, checked the signature on the back, and processed it.

"Ok it went through" said the clerk, "Just come around here and pick up your shoes". The group got their shoes, with Evan taking his size 11's and Gabe going for the 10's. Once the girls had their shoes as well, the proceeded down the stairs of the foyer to the lower level alleys below. "Lane 12" shouted the clerk after them.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler RePeate. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Zabriel†

Post by Zabriel† »

((I'll hit this when I get some time, gotta help a friend right now))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Zabriel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

Kara and Courntey, both holding hands, followed Evan and Gabe down to lane 12. Silently Courtney was running over things in her mind that happend so far.. and how it was that they just all thought it'd be a good idea to go bowling.

"Wasn't it nice of Evan to pay for us?" Kara whispered to Courtney. "You know, if you like him... I can probably hook you guys up."

"Hook us up?"

"Yea, you know... a date? Dinner, movies, maybe flowers? Maybe even some fooling around?"

"Uhh.."

"Oh come on! I know you've been on dates before! Don't play stupid with me."

"I just.. that's nice.. uh, never mind."

The truth was not only was Courtney afraid to stand up to her cousin but she also didn't really like Evan that much. He was a cool guy to her, and certianly nice for paying for them all to go bowling, but she sort of had her sights on someone else.

This is going to be an interesting game.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler baby_g. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

((Troy McCann and Brad Kavanagh continued from Give me a 'P'!))

Wow. An arcade. In a bowling alley. Wow. This... wasn't what I was thinking we would go. Brad wrapped his arms, crossing one of his legs over the other, his whole body weight pressing up against an arcade cabinet. Don't complain about it, Brad. He maybe a gangster, but he's still Troy. That much is true. There's no denying that. Alot of kids around here, so I guess it isn't all THAT bad. Besides, isn't this where YOU would have went? Well, it would be, if Shooters was closed.

Normally if he were faced with a couple of arcade games and a few dollars in his pocket, Brad would have be having a ball. Right now, however, he just... wasn't up to it. Today was a rather abnormal day, at least as far as the brunette boy could tell. The only thing that seemed to interest him was who was in Bryan's Bowl-a-Rama at the moment, scanning the whole place from side to side. He sighed softly under his own breath. The bowling alley itself hadn't changed a bit, unless if you called a little more 'well-kept' a change. After all, this was Highland Beach. Can't have thing's look rundown, especially in the wealthy parts of town. Screw the poor: They don't matter at all. The logic behind all of this always made Brad almost throw-up in his mouth, but he would never tell anyone this.

He caught sight of someone who seemed somewhat familiar. Nick Jones. Heh... I could remember him from a fuckin' mile away. I couldn't believe he could become even more gay-looking over the past few months, but I guess I was wrong. With that whole thought in his mind, Brad began to ponder. Wait... how the hell did I remember Nick Jones of all people the second I saw them, and it took a minute to remember Troy? Granted, Nick isn't... normal, but I know Troy a hell of alot better than Nick... Nick Jones was, literally, the gayest kid Brad has ever seen, and this was coming from a kid who's seen fat, balding white men knock people out and do whatever they pleased. This never happened to Brad, but he's seen it with his own eyes.

Brad turned his head, noticing someone else that struck his memory at the cashier's booth. The minute he looked over, there were four kids that looked familar to him. One of whom Brad immediately remembered. Oh! Gabe? I've been seeing him everywhere today. The other three took him a while to recall. Hmm... that one girl... she seems... familiar.... Courtney, Kelly... Damn, I'm not so good with names... Well, that other guy's Evan. Can't forget about him. He seemed like a nice guy. And that other girl- Brad froze.

Shit...

Brad looked over at Troy for a second, then back over at the other girl.

Shit.... no...No. Kara Holmes? Here? Now? Not her, of all people...

Brad turned his head away quickly, hoping that she hadn't noticed him staring at her. Ughh... damn it... of all the time times. Why did SHE have to come here? Doesn't she have- Brad frowned. It was canceled. I forgot. Brad put his elbow against the cabinet, trying his best to look nonchalant. Okay... don't do anything stupid, Brad. Maybe she might not start anything if she doesn't know you're there. Just... stay calm, and you might get out of this without having to clash with her. Don't act like an idiot, man. Just... stay calm...
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
RePeate†

Post by RePeate† »

The guys made their way down to the alleys below, the sounds of crashing pins all around them. Lane 12 was situated almost smack in the middle of the alleys, and the guys got quite a view of the people around them. It was still early in the evening, and the usual senior citizens with nothing better to do were finishing up their sets with what Gabe could only assume were league teams that occupied the majority of their left hand side (the lower numbered lanes). To the right he spotted a fellow classmate, Nick, whom he wasn't too familiar with. He knew Nick was one of those flamboyantly gay guys, and Gabe had no problem with that. Although he didn't have any gay friends himself, Gabe was never uncomfortable around them. Maybe because they were the only guys in his immediate area that DIDN'T hit on Kara. Maybe because he never felt like they were hitting on him. Whatever the reason, Gabe made a casual wave to Nick the moment he saw him look in their direction.

"What are you doing man?" Evan chimed in, "Don't bring that flamer here!"

Evan was not as open minded as Gabe. He tended to look down on homosexuals as people with issues they couldn't resolve; lowerclassmen if you will. Evan was brought up in a white collar household and he knew that you didn't see too many flamboyantly gay types in the business world. To him, they were a cut below the rest. He felt restless around them, always wondering if he would be judged by passresby who saw them together. He wanted nothing with their world, and felt like they were completely different types of human beings. He didn't hate them, he just wasn't open to their lifestyle.

Gabe punched the names into the computer system, giving himself the nickname "Turbo", followed by Kara, then Courtney (abbreviated as "Courtz"), then finally Evan under the psudonym "DICKFACE". The girls giggled and Gabe broke out laughing. Evan crossed him arms as soon as he noticed and let out an "Aw man! Change that shit. C'mon, that's not funny dude. What are you, like 10?". Gabe just kept laughing, resting a hand on Kara's knee and rubbing it affectionately. He then got up, pressed the RESET button on the ball dispenser, grabbed a ball with his three fingers, and rolled it towards the pins. Only half of them fell. He turned back towards the group, still chuckling. "Sorry dude, game's started. Can't change it now". He then turned and rolled again, making the spare. He pulled his knee up to meet his downward thrust elbow in celebration. "Yes! You're up, babe" he said, making a confident stride back to his seat.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler RePeate. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
laZardo†

Post by laZardo† »

((Continued from Give Me a 'P'!))

The bowling alley wasn't exactly the most gangsta place for a guy like Troy McCann to hang out, as he entered with Brad in his "baller" outfit. Then again he never worked up the confidence to really hang around da hood as of late. Besides which, the place still seemed welcoming to people from all walks (real or supposed) of life. That didn't stop Troy from putting on a frustrated frown on his face when he saw Nick.

Perhaps one of the few disadvantages of becoming a gangsta was the homophobia, though Troy had willfully decided not to consider it as a disadvantage. For a gangsta, gay sex was something that happened in prison to people who just couldn't take the heat. Those that weren't in prison didn't exactly fit in, and unlike 'nigga' which was often used in rap lyrics and casual ebonics to a meaning understandably contrary to what non-blacks thought it meant, 'faggot' was still that. To him, the disdain for white people was expected, but it was clearing that particular hurdle of open-mindedness that would help him become more in tune with his bruthas.

Not that he was interested in laying the smack down on Nick, who seemed content at his own lane with his freakishly-customized ball.

"You okay, man?" he asked Brad, who appeared worried enough to have to lean on a cabinet for support. Troy then looked at the crowd in Brad's direction, and spotted the cheerleader he'd met earlier at practice, along with her head-jock boyfriend. "You don't haveta be scared, you're a free man, remember?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler laZardo. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Brad looked over at Troy for a moment, his attention being taken away from Kara for the moment. He frowned, shaking his head. "Scared? Hell no. I'm not scared, Troy. It's just..." He hesitated for a moment, turning his head towards Kara, then went back to looking at Troy.

It was true. Kara and him weren't... exactly pals. Brad couldn't remember why, but the both of them just never got on. Whenever Brad was around, Kara would give him a glare or mumble something under her breath. Whenever Kara was around, Brad would roll his eyes and say something in a rather rude tone (whether it just be a greeting, or something insulting). They always seemed to clash whenever they were in the same room after school. The both of them... just hated one another. Neither one actually took the time to learn something about the other. Brad always thought she was a bitch, and Kara always thought of him as a rude bastard (which, to some degree, is true.

Troy had nothing to do with any of this, however, so Brad shook his head again. "Nah, it's nothing big. Nothing major at all. Don't worry about it." He forced a smile, trying to sound as genuine as possible.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Zabriel†

Post by Zabriel† »

Nick rolled his eyes at the uncultured boy's loud remark. He smiled and nodded at the more accepting of the two, taking a glance at his phone and wishing that the rest of his posse would show up. For a moment he considered calling and asking Khris where the hell she was, and who else was coming. He knew that Blossom and Khris would be there, because they always were, but as for the rest he couldn't say. Organization wasn't a strong suit for their group. It was nice, because they could do things on a whim, but annoying because plans always went to shit. He took another look at his phone and then started flipping through his contact list to get to Khris's number.

He pushed the call button and tapped his foot as he held the phone to his ear, impatiently waiting for her to pick up on the other end. He was being silly about it. True it was seven thirty-five, and the plan was to meet at seven thirty, but Nick also knew that he should expect everybody ten to fifteen minutes late. All things considered though, it was a weird night, and he had a slight feeling of anxiety buried in his gut. He wanted to have his friends there with him so that he could feel a bit more at ease and start having some more fun.

He made a face as he got the voice mail and started to leave a message for her.

"Khris you skank! Pick up your phone. I'm here at Bryan's waiting for you guys. I dunno if the rest of the gang is showing up, but pick up Blossom and meet me here so we can play. Love ya."

He flipped his phone shut and sat back down, lost in thought.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

Kara, who too had gone for her turn to bowl only knocking down a total of 9 pins, sat back down next to her boyfriend. It was on her way to her seat that she noticed a face in the corner whom she remembered. It was the face of her old 'friend' Brad.

A long time ago, probably about a week before Kara and Gabe became official, Kara was out at a party with her friends. She noticed a fairly good looking guy and started talking to him. Talking led to flirting which led to the two in one of the empty bedrooms. Kara acted like she knew was she was doing, but the truth was that this one night stand of hers was her first time with a guy sexually. His name was Brad, and she loved him (or atleast for that night she did).

The next week at school she couldn't find him in the halls, when she asked people who knew him where he was, they just said they didn't know and walked away. Feeling crushed Kara forced herself to get over him, conviently meeting Gabe and soon hooking up with him. Eventually Kara saw him again, only this time it was her turn to be the bitch and a bitch she was indeed. One time she even pretended like she didn't know who he was when he said hi to her. Ever since they've basically hated eachother and stayed clear of eachothers paths.

"Gross." Kara mumbled as she sat next to Gabe. She cuddled up close to his side, hoping that Brad would see and get the point that she still indeed hated him.

Mean while, Courtneys turn to bowl didn't go so well. Rolling two gutters the french girl sat sadly back at her seat next to Evan hoping that no one really cared she didn't know what she was doing.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler baby_g. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ares

Post by Ares »

((Steve returns from The Search Continues))

Steve once again pulled his truck in the parking lot of Bryan's. He'd given up on finding Serenity, and remember Gabe telling him after practice that he, Evan, Kara and Kara's cousin were going bowling that night.

Steve pulled the door open and walked back in. Sure enough on Lane 12 sat the four of them. Steve walked over, nodding to Evan and smiling at Courtney who had just rolled a disaster of a frame. Steve quickly sat on Gabe's other side, putting his arm around him.

"C'mon Kara, you need to share him with everyone," He said sarcastically.
RePeate†

Post by RePeate† »

Evan got up to roll his frame, slightly offput by the appearance of Steve. Evan didn't particularly care for Steve. He was here because he and Gabe were definately best friends, but Evan hated how he stole the limelight anytime he went anywhere. The star QB of the football team was loved by many people in the class, and Evan couldn't understand why. I mean, football is just a sport; a meaningless way to pass the time. It had no contribution to society the way big business does, and was only a form of entertainment. Why then did everyone love it so? Evan couldn't figure it out, dismissing it as a "the whole world is full of idiots" kind of thing.

It was poor timing Steve showed up when he did, because Evan rolled a strike on his first ball. He turned around smiling, expecting a hero's welcome. But everyone was too set on the appearance of Steve. He hoped to gain some attention by shouting "Whoo!" when the pins fell, and scanned their faces for a response. He got none, so shrugged it off and sat down with the group. "Steve, hey man. What's going on?" he said, genuinely uninterested in Steve's presence. "Gabe, you're up. C'mon let's go!" Evan said to Gabe, getting noticeably pissed that he was spending more time talking to Steve than moving the game along. By the looks of things the girls didn't seem to mind, so Evan slumped in his chair and waited.

Gabe, on the other hand, was noticeably excited Steve showed up. He and Steve went pretty far back, and they were the type of friends that did everything together. Football practice, video games after school, drinking at the pool hall, houseparties and forest keggers... everything. "Steve, hey buddy, what's going down? It's good to see you. I gave you a call after practice today, but you didn't pick up. Was gonna invite you down to get some bowl on!". Gabe's eyes were radiating excitement for his friend. There are only two people Gabe looked up to in life: his father, and Steve.

To Gabe, Steve was exactly what he himself wanted to be. Popular, lucky with women (though Gabe had to admit the catch he had with Kara), and a great ball player. Steve was the kind of guy Gabe tried to emulate on a regular basis, and considered himself lucky just to be Steve's close friend. "Man, you remember Kara's cousin Courtney, right?" he said, as he gestured a hand towards Courtney. "Dude, it's good to see ya, but I gotta roll this frame. Keep a close eye on it, I have a feeling it's gonna be a strike". And with that Gabe got up, put his fingers into a ball, lifted it to his chin, took two steps forward and rolled it. All the pins fell. "Yes! See that? Can I call it or what? Oh yeah! I'm THE man!" he said triumphantly, strutting his stuff back to his seat as the group applauded him. "You see that man? I totally called that!". A huge smile was plastered across his face, and he got so caught up in the excitement he barely noticed Brad out of the corner of his eye...
Chase†

Post by Chase† »

"I wish you weren't directionally retarded."

"I wish you weren't a backseat driver," Flora retorted as her friend Melissa lifted her feet onto the dashboard, reclining the seat.

"Not in the backseat, genius."

"Well, you know what I mean."

As the two argued, Flora nearly missed the turn into the parking lot, and she took a sharp turn to makeup for the timing. As her side hit the curb and hopped, Melissa was fetal positioned in the passenger side, nails dug into the arm rest on the door. The car tires screetched onto the pavement and both girls shrieked as Flora braked into a parking spot abruptly, nearly slamming Melissa's head into the dash.

After a moment's silence, Melissa, wide eyed and hands in the air, finally screamed.

"What the fuck?! Jesus Christ, you are never driving my car again. Gimme the keys now, how fucking cracked up are you? Keys. Now."

With a sigh Flora dropped the keys into her friend's open palm. They both left the car for the bowling alley doors, and went to the bowling shoe rental.

"Do we have to wear the bowling shoes?" Melissa whispered to Flora before the man walked towards them.

"Eh. I'm not sure," Flora shrugged.

"Fuck it then, I'mma go look for the rest of the people."

Melissa wandered off towards the lanes with her earphone in one ear, catching the group of guys and girls already into a game.

"Is it too late to get my name down?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Chase. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “Bryan's Bowl-a-Rama”