Good-for-Nothing!

Southridge has an extensive campus, including a courtyard and many athletic fields, among other things. It's a common sight to see students roaming about the campus -- especially when they're supposed to be in class.
Ciel†

Good-for-Nothing!

Post by Ciel† »

Nutbrown felt like he was going to fall asleep, while he sat with his legs crossed on the bleachers. In his own mind, he really didn't feel like going home just yet. Baseball practice had ended about three hours ago (At about 4PM, he reckoned), but Football practice lasted a hell of alot longer than that. He really didn't feel like walking all the way back to his house, so sitting on the bleachers for hours on end, doing absolutely nothing as fine . Today, he was feeling rather lazy, and wasn't feeling very motivated. Motivated..... It was a very strange word. Mo-tiv-a-ted. Nutbrown began to repeat the word in his head a couple of times. Why couldn't Motivated have something to do with describing a murder, or something? That would be fucking awesome. I'd use it more often if it was that awesome. Heh... Man, I think of some weird shit.

At this point in his life, there were few things that could get Nathaniel Nutbrown motivated. Baseball was one of those things, and even then he never put too much effort into that. He just realized one day that he was damn good at baseball, and he stuck with the game ever since. Never really practiced like a madmen, which he could recall some of his fellow students who did that. It all became... natural. No practice was really needed. He was a great baseball player then, and he's a great baseball player now. Football? He REALLY did not want to get his head caved in by a 200 lbs monster. Soccer? Kinda fruity for his tastes. Hockey? If he were in Canada, he'd consider it. Baseball was the only sport Nutbrown seemed to give two shits about(although, to him, two shits really didn't come out to much).

Then why was Nutbrown sitting on the bleachers, on the football field?

It was the only place for him to sit. The benches in the courtyard was full of smokers taking their dose, and he didn't exactly like the smell of smoke. Plus, the football players practicing gave Nutbrown something to look at. Nothing in particular, really. Seeing them running left to right all day made the boy grin.

Yes. Out of all the sports in the world, Nutbrown hated football. With a passion. He didn't see the appeal. Men running around, tackling each other... sounded really gay. Or. at least this is how Nathaniel viewed it.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Buko

Post by Buko »

While men running around was really gay and for all intents and purposes: it was, there was one thing on the football field that escaped the lazy Nathanial Nutbrown's vision, in fact just looking at the scene as Evelyn Richinson moved forward and finally to the front of this line would make you believe that Evelyn was one of the slower members of the football team.

This would only be if you hadn't been paying attention the whole practice.

If you had been paying attention you would know that Evelyn had in fact just lapped the entire football team, which in case you didn't know by the various trophies in the school lobby where some of the best athletes in the state. As she finished her laps and said goodbye to the coach, making a note that he didn't give her the obligatory pat on the butt he gave to the male player.

Now THAT is a double standard I can appreciate, she thought with a smirk as she headed towards the girl's locker-room and passed the bleachers, her cool blue eyes narrowed at Nathanial Nutbrown: resident Goth and poster-boy for those who wanted talent and refused to work for it, she sighed as she found herself storming up the bleachers, obviously in the midst of her stressful life and the tiredness of practice Nathanial Nutbrown had been the catalyst to the explosion of anger that would be this outburst.

"How's life on top of the plateau you've created for yourself?", she asked calmly to Nathanial Nutbrown, a small sense of bitterness coming from her voice as she stood a few benches below the already taller boy.

It must've looked ridiculous for the 5'2" girl to call out the 6'5" monster.
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Lookin' for the opps, they been hidin'
I grew up 'round drugs, sex, and violence
We turnt off they street, we heard sirens
Since a juvenile, I been wylin'
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Nathaniel, who of course was on the verge of sleep, snapped his head upwards, to make eye-contact with Evelyn. He could recognize that voice from a mile away. Hmm... I know where this conversation is going. "What, you mean the bleacher?" he said, both conflicting between sarcasm, bitterness and the act of stupidity. "I sat on it." Obviously, he hadn't noticed the small, insignificant ounce of irony in what he just said.

Evelyn did not like Nathaniel. Everyone knew that. Out of all the people he could name off the top of his head, Evelyn seemed like the only person who hated him. Evelyn was one of the most hard working kids that he could recall(how many women became captains of high school football teams?) Nathaniel didn't particularly care how hard she worked. Evelyn, on the other hand, cared about how hard Nutbrown worked. He would be lying if he said that Evelyn's reasons weren't justified. After all, Nathaniel knew fully well that he really didn't put too much work into things that really didn't call for it. He didn't give a damn about how much she hated him. Yet, on some occasions, Evelyn showed her full hatred to Nathaniel in the only way she could: losing her cool.

Nathaniel sighed softly, turning away from the football player for a second. "What is it, Evelyn?" he said despairingly, hoping she wouldn't start what Nathaniel KNEW she was going to start.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Buko

Post by Buko »

"Why yes, of all the possible things to start a conversation about, I picked the bench!", she paused a bit, "You just don't seem to get it do you Nutbrown?", the question was asked honestly, but she paused as he heard him speak again, his lazy voice grating on her ears as he asked her a question lacking anything that resembled interest within it. The boy was frustrating, that was without a doubt as she stared at Nutbrown, her eyes narrowing.

"I heard that the baseball team is now 1 and seven? Don't think you're going to make it to the play-off's with that sorta record. Not to mention making all-American as a mid-fielder," she smiled a bit, " I'm sure Highland Beach Junior college as a great baseball team though."

She looked at him again, happy with how this was going.

"On the topic of the Junior College, I heard your grades are just as amazing as your baseball talent; meaning extremely lackluster. Seriously, I can't wait till you're a factory worker working 22 hour shifts so you can realize just how much of an idiot you are."
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Oh... she's not going there... she's ALREADY there."

"Why yes, Evelyn." Nutbrown slung back at her, shaking his head back and forth. "Thank you for pointing out how the baseball team IS 2 to 7. How very observant of you. You must be the child of Sherlock, or something. Oh, wait... Let me guess... what's the football team's record? 25 to -1? How perfect. And, I suppose, all those wins were all you, huh? How amazing, Evelyn. Just perfect. " Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone wasn't even trying, apart from me and Michael. And since when is B's, C's and the occasional A's lackluster? Hell, aren't those good marks, or something? Maybe I'm just mistaken, or something.

Nutbrown sighed, shaking his head back and forth once again. "There's always been one thing that's always confused me about you, Evelyn. Why me? Why choose me? Why don't I ever see you give this much shit to Hardy? Both me and him ARE the fucking baseball team. Yet, here you are, standing right in front of me. Here's another thing: Why the hell isn't Boxer, Gabe or Darnell coming up and bitching to me? Explain that to me, Evelyn, because my fragile mind can't thing really hard, less it shatter into a million pieces."
Buko

Post by Buko »

Why?

"Well, I suppose that question has some merit," she paused calmly before continuing this time with a lighter tone in her voice, "Look at yourself in the mirror when you get home today Nutbrown, look at yourself and then look at your athletic records -preferably in quick succession- and then you'll see what might be frustrating to the 5'2" 108lb top wide-receiver in the nation.", she paused.

"Then if frustrating me and belittling all the work I do -because believe it or not your very nature does that-, you don't even CARE about it! And you go around your day with your lethargic swagger, your lazy smile, and your stupid slow ass voice!", she was ranting now and her voice was becoming very comical and eccentric, though she didn't seem to notice and continued going on about it.

"And if that wasn't enough Nutbrown! If all these things that I just said where just the icing on the cake of the whole shittiness that is you, the one thing that I can attribute as to why I choose you is that on top of being a lazy sonofabitch, you're a lazy sonofabitch with poor clothing choices!"

As she breathed in heavilly, she didn't realize how funny that running two miles didn't leave her out of breath as much Nutbrown did.
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Nutbrown hesitated for a moment, closing his eyes. One of his hands pressed against his forehead, a small smirk crossing his lips. Okay... try not to laugh, damn it. She's serious about this, and you're on the verge of laughing your ass off. Come on, Nate... Don't look like a complete asshole now. Try to be fucking serious.

He chuckled. It was soft, but very noticeable.

"You know what I don't understand about you, Evelyn?" he sparked up, trying his best not to l How you chose football. I mean, you're one of the hardest workers I've ever met. You're intelligent, unlike most of the other football players I can recall. Hell, if you'd just put your mind to it, you could be just about anything. ANYTHING AT ALL. Hell, if you're as good as you say you are, you could play baseball. Yet you chose football. The most masculine game of all. What, in your own mind, told you that tackling muscle-bound men was that you were meant for?"

After a very short pause, Nathaniel continued, giving Evelyn no time to reply. I don't want her interrupting me. I'm on a fucking roll. "You complain about how I don't take baseball seriously(which I do), but have you ever stopped to look at the mirror yourself? I don't just mean football. Have you ever taken a good look at yourself, at everything that you've done other than football? Could enlighten me as to what Evelyn Richinson, the 5'2", 108lb top wide-receiver in America, sees in herself? Not as a football player, but what she sees herself as a human being. Tell me. I'm listening."
Chase†

Post by Chase† »

"Am I interrupting something?"

Pushing a cart of footballs and yellow jerseys along the side of the tracks, with a look of utter confusion on his face, Braden stopped at the two sports players. He was only slightly aware of the problems between Evelyn and Nutbrown, but seeing as he spent more time collecting equipment than talking to the teams, he was sort of baffled at the open attack both were launching at each other. For some reason today he decided he would try to understand just why they were always at each other's throats.

"Evelyn, the weight room is open for an extra couple of hours today, if you wanted to help me out later? My leg started to flare up this morning, but I want to get a little workout today. You're welcome to come too, Nate. I mean, we're all in the same school and all... don't we want to have successful and, um, healthy? Yeah, that... um, what was I saying?"

Man, he kicked himself mentally, you weren't ever good at trying to stop fights, why're you trying now?

Braden tried to get back to what he was trying to say, but his mouth decided to stop working the way he desperately wanted it to. Leaning against the cart, trying to come up with something to divert the heated conversation, the wheels began to turn, but they weren't the ones in his mind. Rather, the cart was moving from his weight, and when he realized, too late, that he was going to tank, his look changed from nervous to flat out petrified.

WAM!

Two things happened simulatneously: Braden fell, and he fell hard, onto the track. The second thing that was going on at the same time was Braden trying not to fall onto his bad knee, which caused him to throw out his arms to grasp anything he could as he spun to lean onto his left leg. His hand met cloth, and gripped it hard as he tumbled. His could feel his skin break some as it scraped, but the change of stance did keep his right leg from retaining damage. Braden quickly looked up towards the two atheletes, but noticed that his hand was still fastened to what he looked and found to be Nutbrown's pants. A positively mortified Braden sat, stare fixated on the spot, which he finally let go of.

Oh shit.

"Aww, shit. Please, start on the gay jokes now, so I can get this memory erased from my mind sooner rather than later."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Chase. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Buko

Post by Buko »

Evelyn was about to respond to the fact that the Nutbrown of all people was questioning her whole definition of being, but instead was brought back to reality by the meek voice of one Braden Marsh a.k.a. your friendly neighborhood equipment manager, as she heard Braden blab on about the weight training room she soon realized that she was letting Nutbrown get to her, she visibly sighed and closed her eyes.

"Yeah, I've been wondering how much I could leg press anyway...", a flat out lie. Evelyn was not into weight training, this much was obvious due to her career as a runner, but as she opened her eyes she saw something that would forever be incrusted into her mind: the pale legs of Nathanial Nutbrown being revealed by Braden's falling form grasping upon the crotch of Nutbrown's pants.

She laughed.

Wiping a tear from her eye she smiled as she helped Marsh up and shook her head at Nutbrown, giggling just a little bit as she turned around to walk to the weight room.

"C'mon Marsh, we don't want the coaches to lock us out."

((Continued in Party Hardy, Rock and Roll))
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Nutbrown wasn't exactly paying attention to Braden Marsh. Well, he had acknowledged him, but his full attention was being payed towards Evelyn. He was, however, very aware of who Braden was. Is that 'that'... Brandon? Was... that his name. Played for the soccer team, but I... think he broke his right knee sometime. The only thing Nathaniel KNEW about the kid was that he had two lesbians (the word rug-muncher ran through the boy's mind) for parents. Braden had to be gay, right? Well, Nutbrown didn't know the guy well enough to assume that, but he wouldn't be surprised if he slept with a few guys. The mere thought of it made Nutbrown shiver slightly.

He was completely focused on what Evelyn was going to snap back at him. It took the boy a minute to register that his pants were pulled down. When he did notice, he jerked up suddenly, pulling them back up.

He noticed Evelyn laughing. She was laughing so much, that she was being brought to tears. Nutbrown gnashed his teeth under his lips.

God damn it.

Now, if this was any normal kid, Nutbrown would have just been half as mad as he was then. The fact that the boy made him look like a complete idiot was reason enough, much less in front of Evelyn. Still, he'd be pretty mad, but he would have kept his cool. Now, with Braden, it was a different matter. Braden (at least Nathaniel thought) was gay, and he had just pulled down his pants. Either on purpose or accident, he couldn't really say, but the fact that this was Braden made his blood boil.

"What th..." Nutbrown began, with an anger in his voice that was completely rare for him, but paused for a second. He looked over at Evelyn, shaking his head. No... this is the shit she wants me to do. I won't let her have the satisfaction. And with that in mind, Nathaniel said nothing.
Chase†

Post by Chase† »

Of course, the moment Braden had noticed what he had done left him feeling red in the face, but at the laugh Evelyn was emitting he thought that maybe he had lessened the tension between the two. Nutbrown's reaction, however, triggered a slight bit of fear that caused Braden to flinch at the near outburst the baseball player made. Basic logic could tell anyone what Braden did next.

"I'm sorry, really Nate. I just wanted to protect my leg..." he said softly as he lifted himself on his hands, wincing slightly at the scrape he suffered from the fall. He wiped the dirt onto his pants and awkwardly pivoted to push the cart and head towards the weight room himself.

Still feeling guilty for pantsing the boy, he tried to shake the emotion by calling towards Evelyn.

"Wait up! Half cripple needs a hand!"

((Continued in In Mind's Eye))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Chase. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

"Yeah. Suuurrreeee.... Whatever." Nutbrown looked away, shaking his head. Yeah... the kid pulled down your fucking pants. Does that really matter? His leg's been bothering him, and he didn't want to hurt it even more. Nutbrown bit his lower lip, just remembering something. He looked down at his watch, sighing loud Damn it... I have to be somewhere now... Ughhh... damn it... The boy closed his eyes, and without another word, walked away. He had no more business here anyway. I've got places to be and people to meet. I'll let Evelyn have the last laugh.

((Continued in Out on the Town and Out of the Closet))

Return to “Southridge Campus”