The Sad Thing Is, You Keep On Leaving Us Again and Again

Kingman Museum of Art and History

This forum contains scenes set off of the island, taking place concurrently with V6 and its broadcast. Please be sure to thoroughly read the rules prior to posting in this forum. If you have any questions, please consult staff.
Espi

The Sad Thing Is, You Keep On Leaving Us Again and Again

Post by Espi »

Five hours in. She had no more cash on her and only four chapters left in her book, so they'd better fucking cave soon for the sake of both of them.

It was only fair Molly was the Baker family representative here. Putting herself out there was like her thing. Her parents took care of all the legal documentation and shit, Molly bitched people out. That was what she did. That was who she was.

Fuck. Molly stood up and stretched, shooting a glare at the stupid bitch's office just out of principles. She adjusted herself uncomfortably as she returned to her chair. God, for a bunch of pompous artsy weirdos they really couldn't get like, chairs with a cushion? Seriously?

This sucked. What kind of callous, heartless bitch was the director, that she just turned Molly's perfectly reasonable request down like that? She was torn between standing her ground, potentially wasting her time, or trying a new approach, which could undermine her intent. God, why did she have to be so stubborn?

...The director. The director was the stubborn one.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Man. This place sucked.

Bethany looked down her nose into a display case, filled with nothing more than twisted, broken pieces of rusty metal. History her ass. Like this crappy old city had any worthwhile history to speak of. Like, what were these things even supposed to be anyway? She glanced across at the little placard stuck to the glass.

Excavated 19th Century Ditch Digging Tools

Bethany let out a snort of derision. Wow. Freaking fascinating. Other places had swords or dinosaurs or, like, tanks or whatever. Kingman had shitty old spades. If that even was what they were, and some scrap dealer hadn't just taken a bunch of rusted exhaust pipes and sold them to the museum with a wink and a lie, just for a quick buck. Seemed like something a lowlife in this place would do.

And she was supposed to write an essay on the history of this dumpster fire of a city?

She rolled her eyes, and wandered off, barely glancing at any of the other cases. She was gonna fall asleep halfway through this shitty essay and nothing of any value would be lost, because all she could think to write was "Some losers in the 19th century built shitty ditches in their shitty city and neither they nor the ditches exist anymore so what the hell was the point."

God. She needed a snack.

Bethany trudged towards the museum's café, raising her eyebrows and barely suppressing a snort of laughter as she passed by a painting that looked like someone had sneezed on a picture of the ocean. Even Bryony's art wasn't as crappy as that.

She rolled her eyes again as she remembered the event a few days back, when her mom had yelled at her for accidentally throwing away one of Bryony's drawings. It was nothing special, even, just some lame video game drawing or something, but mom had looked like she was going to explode. Beth didn't get it.

Now then. What was she gonna get to e-Hey, wasn't that Molly?

Bethany strode towards the table Molly was sitting at. She knew the girl through her sister, and despite the 3-year age gap, she got on a hell of a lot better with her than she did Bryony, or with Molly's own shy and nerdy sister. Maybe it was an invisible bond between them, both of them not being the losers of their respective family and all.

She slipped into the seat opposite Molly without waiting for an invitation and rested her feet on the other unoccupied chair.

"Hey Molls. What're you doing here?"
[+] V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Pregame - Chill - Loss - Realm
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Pregame - Vend-etta - Flames - Fleet - Monachopsis - Glitter
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Prom - Link - Gradation - Ballare
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!
Pregame - Evolution - Life - Lo Mein
Memories - Forward - Odds

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Pregame - Generation - Prince
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Astrid Tate - So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Owen Kay - I fold my tie and ribbon to hide my scars, that's how it starts
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Beatrice - Jamie - Pippi - Tim - Ada - Tabby - Romeo - Lissa - Freddie - Trinity - Redd - Natalie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
Espi

Post by Espi »

The sudden appearance of a familiar face made Molly sit up with surprise, if not from being a bit startled by Beth's arrival.

Turning in her seat away from the office door, Molly raised an eyebrow at the younger girl. Beth was like three years younger, but the infrequent interactions between her and Molly usually involved a lot of exasperated sounds and exchanged glances at their respective sisters being dorky. They had a lot in common, weirdly, which made Molly wonder what Bethany's deal was.

"Same goes for you, I guess. School thing?" Molly's finals were all done, but high schoolers still had class for another month or so, and Beth was still a sophomore. Weird that they could still be friendly given their age difference, but hadn't Alice and Bryony been a year apart?

Nevermind.

"Anyway, it's really stupid, so don't laugh." Molly started, giving a cockeyed smile. "I'm trying to talk to the director in there-" Molly gestured towards the office door "-but she's a huge bitch and gave me some shit about 'low priority' requests'" she made finger quotes to punctuate her irritation "-so I'm doing a sit-in until she stops ignoring me."

Molly tossed a lock of her pale hair from her face and smiled/grimaced. "I just want to get this over with and go back home." Molly set her book down on the table, bookmarked carefully. "Hey, do you mind grabbing me a drink or something? I'm out of cash."

Return to “V6 Meanwhile...”