Nacirema

This forum contains scenes set off of the island, taking place concurrently with V6 and its broadcast. Please be sure to thoroughly read the rules prior to posting in this forum. If you have any questions, please consult staff.
Brackie

Nacirema

Post by Brackie »

"Hi luv, what'll you have?"

"Cafe Mocha with soy, thanks."

"That'll be 3.50."

--

"Hey Pen-ster, how's life?"

"Eh, alright. Essays due tomorrow, only half done, you know the drill. You got the stuff?"

"Sure thing, got your Ritalin right here. And lemme just check heeeere... man, you pre-paid? I don't even remember that, most chicks don't trust me like that, especially not locals, but alright."

"Mm."

"Here you go, don't do anything I wouldn't."

"Thanks. Give my regards to Rowan."

--

"Welcome to Spinbird Records."

"You got any Decemberists?"

"Oh hey, you're that American chick on the phone. Yeah, we have the latest one right here, held it just for you, 'cause you asked so nicely."

"I really appreciate this, thanks."

"No problem at all, anything for a future customer! That's 23.99."

--

"Hi there."

"Packet of JPS Menthol, please."

"20s or 30s?"

"30s."

"Alright here you go, that's 17.50."

"Well that's a ripoff."

"You're right, I'll just go and make a complaint to the Tobacco company in my special tobacco phone."

"That's rude."

"Listen lady, I don't get paid enough to sit here and listen to everyone complain about cigarette prices. Take your smokes, piss off."

--

It was a surprisingly humid day in Dublin, at least it would have been if Penny Huang hadn't grown up in Seattle all her life. Exiting the petrol station, Penny stripped the plastic from the box cover, took out a solitary death stick, and lit it. A few inhalations later, she squeezed the filter until she felt the familiar snap, and took in another breath. It was like smoking a tube of toothpaste, but without it she could only gag.

She stood by the rear of the petrol station as she finished her cigarette, watching the people go by. She technically wasn't allowed by law to be smoking at a petrol station, but the clerk was rude and she was quick. A few minutes later, she was done, and the remains of the cigarette was smooshed beneath her heel.

The bus stop was only a few minutes away, The Northern Ireland Tourist Board, so she walked briskly, ducking back into the alleyways Dublin called streets. Penny hated these, she'd hated them ever since she moved here, but you couldn't go through Ireland without them. She wanted to be able to see above her eye-line, and unless you were near the airport that wasn't happening.

As the bus stop blurred into sight, so did a gaggle of teenage girls. Penny could overhear them, but not understand them. Their accents were heavy, but the tone was just the same and just as familiar as American teenagers. The closer she got, she slower she strolled - she didn't want to overtake them. She watched them for a while, just how they moved, how they emoted, how they laughed. Two of them were fiery redheads, three of them dark brunettes, but one caught her eye. She had shoulder-length golden blonde hair.

They were walking to the same bus station Penny was, so she just watched as she walked. It couldn't have been for long, but Penny realized how long it actually was. She shook her head and focused on the cobblestone footpath. It would be quite a story for the girls to tell, that they were being creeped on by a weird American chick carrying a coffee that smelled like turned milk in one hand, a weird circular object in her other, and a fistful of drugs and cigarettes in her handbag. But it wouldn't have been true - Penny wasn't even remotely staring at the group of girls.

Just the blonde one.

She looked like Stacy.
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: G114 - Aston Bennett: A woman who desires revenge must dig three graves.
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Penny Huang: Good girls can make bad decisions.
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
v7 - Gaelan Meloy: And nothing matters.
v7 - Jordan Brankovich: Rethinking it all.
v7 - Kayden Brockman: Not done yet.
v7 - Ji-hyun Christensen: Just getting started.
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
Destiny Martinez will live fast and die faster.
Aidan Winston is going to let you know you're not solving anything.
Lara Rodriguez thinks you should keep your opinion on her to yourself.
Peyton Hoffman isn't fond of the PC Police ruining everything.
Lindsey Sewall wants to make sure you drank water today you stupid bitch.
Luke Travers needs to have a code.
I'm hosting a SOTF!
SOTF: International
Applications Open Now!

Return to “V6 Meanwhile...”