Barbie Girl

A winding river runs through the eastern portion of the island, providing much needed water and flourishing the island with life. There's a very large dam near the northern inlet, keeping a good deal of the ocean water from rushing into the river while letting some in so the thing doesn't dry up. Without this "filter dam", the river would've flooded out of control years ago. Near the southern part of the island, an old and withered bridge, forgotten decades ago, stands. The bridge is wooden and is slowly beginning to decay, giving the humanized wilderness surrounding it a rather eerie feel.
Jotun†

Post by Jotun† »

Darren chased after Venus, but it was vain. She got a lucky hit to his temple and probably concussed him, or at least disoriented him. He lost her trail and gave up, choosing to sit down on the ground and wait for his head to stop spinning. Unfortunately,a s soon as he stopped moving, he was flooded by his thoughts.

Darren had failed, once again, to accomplish anything.

He could not kill a smaller boy who was unarmed.

He could not kill a similarly armed teenage, prissy girl.

He could not win, here.

Darren prided himself of the feats of looking after his younger brother and keeping his adoptive father in a relatively stable state of mind. He had good grades, worked two jobs, had done things most people his age never had to deal with. And he did not crack, not once. Did that make him superior? It stood to reason that with more experience, he was better than his peers. So why couldn't he prevail here?

There's no reason not to be able to. Darren told himself. I can kill. Even without a weapon... I'll make an ally and kill them, like Venus almost just did to me.

His confidence renewed, Darren stood up, his head only swimming marginally, and set off to find a victim.

((Continued elsewhere...))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Jotun. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “The River”