Solo Queue

Open

Meandering trails wind around the length of the northern coast. Originally meant as trails for bikers, the packed soil of the trails offers safer travel to those who find themselves in the dense forests. Signs with guiding arrows still stand, pointing lost souls back to the entrance.
Riki

Post by Riki »

It was very difficult work for Aileen to keep herself from facepalming. However, the hand drew closer to her face and Aileen just could not avoid it. She also had to restrain herself from kicking Joe at the very spot, which... worked. Now, that was working at least.

Aileen believed that Joe said the truth. That he did not hide the gun, but completely lost it. To someone else. Aileen had trouble grasping how someone could be so careless to lose a gun. On an island full of psychotic teenagers, no less! She muttered "useless" and slowly slid her hand down as Matt left the scene. The results, or rather, the lack of them, made Aileen realize why exactly she searched for Owen. Because, she was convinced, Owen would never be as useless as Joe or Matt. He would not lose a gun, he would not look at her with an expression of confusion or hatred, and more importantly, he was the one ready to defend her when it came down to it. Actually, the most important thing was that she began to feel strong around him. A feeling she was missing.

"Joe... I..."

Yes, he ran away. But it was Summer's fault, wasn't it? She was the one who went full psycho. And after all, everybody can have a bad day. Hell, Aileen herself retreated. There were just some tiny navigation problems afterwards. Happens to the best, like Aileen. But these problems would never have happened if Summer just did... did not exist. Than they still would be together.

"...am not amused."

Goodness, she needed to vent that anger somewhere.

"I hereby shall punish you by blessing you with my presence."

Aileen in- and exhaled once. For now, she'd stay around Joe, because frankly, if not for finding Owen or getting equipment, he at least must be useful for being a verbal punching bag.
Gervais Frans Lambotte 🎵 Blue Jeans and Bloody Tears 🎵 Martini-Henry Rifle MkIV Pattern
||Selection|Clicks|Lonely|
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
O B014 Joachim Lovelace - Ballistic Knife, MP 18, Obsidian Knife - "It doesn't matter. They lost, he lost, I'll lose. That's the nature of the game."
O G042 Aileen Aurora Abdallah - Pair of MMA Gloves, Golf Club & Table Leg -
B059 David Zimmer - Sabre -
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

Wait, he was leaving? So suddenly? He hadn't even held up his part of the deal.

"Hey, w-wait, what about Theo?!" Joe yelled after him. "Wait, where's—oh, come on!"

Matt was already gone. And now Joe was furious. So close to finding out where Theo was, and then foiled by someone running away. And after a day of tiring himself out by running about the island and shouting, Joe knew he wasn't going to be able to catch up now.

He supposed Matt couldn't have known how important it was to him. But he was still really angry. And he'd forgotten to ask if he'd seen anyone else, too...

Joe looked back at Aileen as she voiced her unamusement. Why was she unamused? Joe was unamused too, but it couldn't be for the same reason unless Aileen was looking for Theodore as well.

...Wait, what?

"You... you wuh... hang on. No, you, uh... you don't want that. You... no." Joe rubbed his forehead, feeling suddenly like he was on a bad trip. This didn't even make sense. 'I will punish you by following you,' how did that even work?

"No, look, you don't... if... if you, uh... you fuh... followed me... people would think yuh... you're, uh... um..." Joe shut his eyes, fingers kneading his forehead much harder. "...that you're like me. You know, a... um... accompuh... accomplice."

Joe picked up his daypack, averting Aileen's eyes. Was that really the reason? It was a good one, but... wouldn't it apply to Travis and Marcus, too? And he was looking for them... but wouldn't it be better for them if he never found them?

No, he still had to at least see them. Find them and figure out what he was going to do from there. But he didn't need to drag Aileen into his mess.
Riki

Post by Riki »

It appeared that Joe was not rejoicing at the aspect of Aileen joining him on his journey, if only tempolarly. Well, she told him that it was meant to be punishment, but curiously, he seemed to be less averted to having Aileen around, and more concerned about traveling his way alone. That was actually a reason that Aileen could understand in some way, but she was angry, and she needed someone for her to vent at. And by god, Aileen would not change her opinion.

Then Joe mentioned that people might assume that Aileen was an accomplice. Was this supposed to scare her off? Then it failed, because frankly, Aileen liked the notion of her being a force to be reckoned with on the island. Sure, some very trigger-happy and vengeful student might try to kill her too, but in a moment of brilliant long-term planning, she shoved the thought aside and resolved to deal with it once the situation popped up.

Also, there was another, third reason she wished to travel with Joe for a while.

"These trails have two directions. This one is utilized by Matt, and the other one will be perambulated by you. You see, I would rather share your company over Matt's, inasmuch as I do hold negative feelings towards him.

Additionally, this will be merely be a short companionship, there is just the neccesity for conversation on my part."

Aileen was about to walk into the opposite direction of Matt, when she turned around to Joe again.

"Now listen well, young one, for I shall tell you a story of pure brilliance. I woke up in the hospital, where I... [Aileen Aurora Abdallah continued in Eh, anything's fine]
Gervais Frans Lambotte 🎵 Blue Jeans and Bloody Tears 🎵 Martini-Henry Rifle MkIV Pattern
||Selection|Clicks|Lonely|
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
O B014 Joachim Lovelace - Ballistic Knife, MP 18, Obsidian Knife - "It doesn't matter. They lost, he lost, I'll lose. That's the nature of the game."
O G042 Aileen Aurora Abdallah - Pair of MMA Gloves, Golf Club & Table Leg -
B059 David Zimmer - Sabre -
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

...She was stubborn. No wonder Travis didn't get along with her. He was really stubborn, too.

Joe bounced a little on his feet, frowning and scraping at his hands again. He didn't want to get her in trouble. And he didn't want to be slowed down. And apparently she only wanted him there for the conversation, and... well, like he was good at that. Ever.

There were so many reasons he should have bolted. He should have just run away, like he did with Jessica and Brandon and those two that were digging Jason's grave...

But it was just for a short while, right? Just a short while. And traveling alone... was difficult. Maddening, with nothing to distract him except the thoughts about the Theodores of the island finding those he cared about.

A distraction sounded... okay. Just for a little while.

Joe let out a short huff of breath before heading after Aileen, speeding up to match her footsteps.

"Um. If you're... you're too slow, I will... I will have to leave you behind," he mumbled under his breath. Best to get that unpleasantness out of the way, because he still couldn't slow down.

But company was okay. At least for now.

He didn't have anything lethal to ruin it this time.

((Joe Carrasco continued in Eh, anything's fine.))

Return to “Bike Trails”