I've Got No Strings

Private; Caedyn/Jane tag

The gardens of the Peaceful Meadows Chapel used to be blooming with an abundance of plant life from many different flower beds, and while to some extent this is still the case, many other invasive species have moved in due to the absence of any maintenance. Many residents of the asylum were encouraged to help maintain the gardens as a form of therapy, but after the asylum's closure human influence has been completely absent. This has caused a dramatic build-up of tangled weeds throughout the beds of the gardens, with thick patches of nettles, thorns, and many other forms of plant life now encroaching upon the brick and dirt paths, cutting off some routes altogether. Despite all this however, the large willow tree from which the island gets its name still stands near the center of the garden, casting a large shadow over much of the area.
NotAFlyingToy

Post by NotAFlyingToy »

The right thing. Her or us. The right thing.

Caedyn had nodded to him.

She didn't give you any choice. The right thing.

Caedyn was speaking, still, speaking normally, as if he wasn't covered in someone else's blood.

Jane was dangerous.

Caedyn's tone was soothing, making his stomach twist, squeeze.

You saved both of us.

The gun came back up, pointed at Caedyn, now, and his eyes followed.

"I want you to leave."
Author of the #SwiftBall Bible.
[+] Characters
Hansel Williams never fully realized he was wrong.

Brandon Baxter lost agency, the girl, and power.

Oskar Pearce's shield shimmered, shone, and shattered.
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

Now. Now he chooses to grow a spine? Just all of the sudden? No. It didn't work that way. Oskar didn't know what he wanted, and that's why he had her.

"No you don't," she said quietly. "You really, really don't."

She didn't move. Just kept staring at him, at his gun, and trying not to tremble. "They're going to tell everyone tomorrow, just like they did today. Everyone will know what you did. And nobody will ever trust you again."

Her tongue slipped out to lick her dry lips as she stared him down. "Nobody but me. You don't want me to go. 'cuz I'm all you're gonna get. Do you wanna die alone, Oskar?"

He could act tough. He could hold up his gun and stare her down and make demands, but she'd seen him retch. She'd watched him tremble and stutter and founder, waiting for her acceptance and permission. He wasn't a tough guy. He wasn't even a killer without her, and without Jane being a stupid bitch. Oskar wouldn't shoot her. He just needed to be put in his place.
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
NotAFlyingToy

Post by NotAFlyingToy »

There were tears now, mixing with the drying gore on his face and mingling with the salt on his skin. They fell in between big gulping sobs, shaking his shoulders and making his lips curl inwards.

"I don't need," he said, but he did. Too much.

"Why is this happening."
[+] Characters

Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

That's it. Let all those big, baby tears out to show what you really are. If she wasn't so deep in her role already, she would have grinned. Instead, she kept her face twisted up in comforting understanding. "Let it out. It's okay." She came just a little closer to him, keeping the pace slow and steady as the blood and tears mixed together to drip down from his face.

"Nobody knows why it's happening, okay? It's...it's just fucking crazy, right?" A little more. If he let her in, she could get her hooks nice and deep and make this something worth having. He wasn't her first, and he wasn't gonna be her last, even if the context was muddled up from normal.  "But it's happening. It's still happening, and that means you need me Oskar." Sell it home with a little vulnerability, sister. "I need you too. I'm not gonna abandon you."

Caedyn offered a hand to him, nice and easy. "Take care of me, and I'll take care of you. Promise."
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
NotAFlyingToy

Post by NotAFlyingToy »

"Promise," he spat through dazed lips, and looked at her hand, wide eyed through ugly tears that made it longer, blurrier.

He didn't take it, but he let the gun fall further to his side, stared at the ground.

"Okay," he said, his voice quiet and watery.
[+] Characters

Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

That's a good boy. It took quite a bit of self control to keep from saying that alone, or letting her warm smile turn smug. It wasn't time for that yet though. Right now, he was still vulnerable. He needed time to settle, but he would with the proper handling and an eye for more problems. This would work out splendidly.

"Promise," she cooed reassuringly, before turning her offered hand into a beckoning one. "Let's find somewhere a little less exposed. You deserve some rest."

Her eyes came to rest briefly on Jane's corpse as she paused.

"After I change."

((Caedyn Miller Continued In 血塗れ桜))
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters
NotAFlyingToy

Post by NotAFlyingToy »

He turned his back, then, to allow Caedyn the privacy to change into a dead girl's clothes, eyes trained at the sky.

The sounds of corpse desecration filled his ears.

((Oskar Pearce, elsewhere)
[+] Characters

Return to “Crematorium Gardens”