Dear God

The house of God is always open!

The Peaceful Meadows chapel is a small, understated building with a plain design, the only allowance for any flourishes being a large stained glass window on one of the walls, depicting a sun rising over green hills. Inside the crematorium there are two rooms. The first could be considered the entrance hall, a small room with a couple of worn down chairs. Beyond the entrance is the main hall which contains three rows of benches spanning the breadth of the room. At the front of the room is a podium for conducting eulogies and speeches. There is also a platform for the casket to rest on during the course of the service. While the crematorium was clearly well looked after during its years of activity, in the years since Northmount closed it has steadily been fallen into disrepair. Coupled with the buildup of the plant life in the gardens, time has taken its toll upon the small building; thorn bushes and nettle patches have sprung up through the floorboards, which have themselves become weak in places, meaning that despite the small size of the chapel it takes time and care to safely navigate it.
Privyet†

Post by Privyet† »

Maybe he'd learn to deal with this. He always learned to deal with things. Bad situations. All he had to do was keep his head down, stay out of the wrong areas - just like middle school - and he'd be as good as gold.

At least, that's what he was telling himself. Deep down, there wasn't a doubt in his mind that it wasn't going to be even remotely that simple. Christ knew what kind of people he'd run into.. far as he knew, running into Nate was a lucky break.  Maybe the others wouldn't be so kind. Nonthreatening. That's what he was afraid of - meeting someone who was ready to kill.

He wasn't going to pray. He was too rational for that. Too smart, he liked to tell himself. The best he could do right now was hope. Hope that if he did find someone who wasn't afraid of killing, that they wouldn't have a gun, or something like that.

Walk. Fresh air.

Matt wasn't sure if Nate was crazy, stupid or just incredibly optimistic. Maybe all three. Still, the chapel was small. Not exactly a good place to hide.

"Hm. Yeah, I guess. Uh, I'm not exactly keen on the idea of going hiking or anything like that, so maybe we could just walk to the asylum, or something."

Matt had his fingers crossed that he'd live long enough to make it there.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Privyet. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Slam

Post by Slam »

Nate nodded back at Matt as he agreed to his invitation, struggling to get back up to his feet. He really didn't care where they were headed; as long as Matt was with him then it'd be much better than sitting in the room crying to himself.

He picked up his bag and staff, not really sure why he cared, but possessive of them all the same. They were the only things he had right now, apart from Matt's company, and he didn't want to just abandon them where they might get stolen. He always tried to be careful with his things at school, even if he did still forget them sometimes.

School. That was starting to feel like a million years ago.

((Nate Turner and Matt Moradi continued elsewhere))
My V8 Relationship Thread!
[+] Dead V7 Kids
B035: LUCAS BRADY - Had Enough - 1 - 2 - 3- 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9
G002: ELISABETH "LIZZIE" LEBOWSKI - "You've been a great audience." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Lucas Brady - Facebook!Lucas - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6
Elisabeth "Lizzie" Lebowski - "My parents told me to make a good signature, so I signed a note promising I would do it later." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

Return to “Crematorium Chapel”