Life's a Beach

Day 7, Oneshot

Shelson’s Beach, as the faded sandstone sign denotes, looks straight out of a postcard. With its sparkling blue waters and expansive white sand beach, it’s no wonder vacationers flocked to the location. There are several paved dog trails around the area, as well as a small gravel parking lot situated on a hill by the entrance, with only a single metal food truck in its confines.
LordB†

Life's a Beach

Post by LordB† »

((James Wade continued from Dry Oasis))

This sucks.

James had gotten himself lost. Again. Following his flight from the Clubhouse he'd lost track of Veronica after she'd ran ahead, and had spent the next few hours wandering aimlessly in search of her. So far he'd been unsuccessful, and had only gotten himself tired, dirty, and very pissed off. James had eventually come to a beach, and sat down on the sand for a rest. Taking out his map, he tried to work out where he was. Since his head hadn't been blown off he hadn't ran straight into a danger zone, but he hadn't seen anyone else either. He was alone again.

It's my fault for losing her. Lagged behind. Shouldn't have gone back for this useless fucking box.

He looked down at his 'weapon', the battered Clue box. Aside from providing a distraction for their little group on the first night, it was absolutely useless. He'd survived for this long by staying out of the way and through sheer luck rather than by the little box he'd stubbornly carried with him since he first woke up on the island. Some part of him wished that everyone else would just kill each other off and leave him alone, but James knew it wouldn't be this easy. People had survived this long - A week? Has it really been that long? - either by playing the game or through sheer dumb luck, just like him.

James sighed, and stared out at the waves for a little while. This place must have been beautiful once, just like everywhere else on the island. He briefly wondered what had happened to the people on the island, before deciding not to dwell on it too much. So far, the general plan was to stay alive by any means necessary. James sneezed again, another reminder of the bothersome cold he'd caught in the rain.

Well isn't this nice. I'm alone, sick, and badly-armed. A definite winner. Those psychos running about will definitely think twice about messing with James Wade. Ha. Ha.

He groaned and lay back in the sand.

----

For once, James didn't fall asleep. He'd slept far too much over the past few days, and just felt bored at this point. It was a strange feeling, really. He'd have thought that being trapped on an island filled with murderous classmates would've kept him alert and on his toes the whole time in case he was attacked, but in truth James was slightly disappointed. Perhaps some small past of him wanted to see some action; to kill a roving murderer and play the big hero for the cameras. It was a stupid thought. This was real life, and all he'd be doing is killing someone's child live on air for the enjoyment of those sick fucks running the game.

He wasn't sure how long he lay in the sand, listening to the waves. Eventually he stood up, brushed himself off and took a deep breath before turning back towards the rest of the island.

Right, enough hiding. Gonna see if I can find Veronica and get some food. Any bastard who gets in my way can feel the wrath of my box.

Clutching the battered Clue box in one hand and his pack in the other, James began his march towards the forest, a determined gleam in his eyes.

((James Wade continued in Miles Behind Us))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler LordB. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “Shelson's Beach”