Pour Me a Drink

Light me a cigarette.

Lined with dumpsters the various stores dispose of their trash in, there isn't much to see in the back alley behind the mall. The occasional employee slips back here to indulge themselves in a cigarette one in a while, and the occasional band of "emo" kids who think they're too cool for the mall but hang out there anyway seem to find a home in this dirty little haven.
armeggedonCounselor†

Post by armeggedonCounselor† »

"Sweetie, in my experience, girls in general stop making sense around puberty. But as it is, you're not entirely nonsensical yet. If I were in Room 101, because this seems like a fun game, I'd probably be confronted with... either them killing somebody in front of me, or they would release butterflies into the room and tie me to a chair. Actually, the first one makes no sense, because it's not likely to break me down. It's more just an asshole, pardon my French, maneuver," Kyle said, looking upward in order to think. Looking down at Hayley might cause slight issues in that regard. Absentmindedly, he pulled her shirt up around her shoulders more; her bra was beginning to show around the color. He shifted position and kissed Hayley on the forehead.

Kyle yawned, stifling it slightly. "Am I correct in saying that you're getting tired? Or am I simply projecting my own feelings onto you?" he said, smiling in a slightly tired manner.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler armeggedonCounselor. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Hollyquin†

Post by Hollyquin† »

"I keep forgetting about the whole butterfly thing!" Hayley said with wide eyes. She wasn't one to judge weird fears- she herself was terrified of elevators, and a close friend was afraid of whales, despite having never been anywhere near the ocean. She smiled at him and played with a strand of his hair. "I'd say not to worry too much about Room 101, but I do believe you are Big Brother's worst nightmare. So you might have an issue there." She couldn't help but laugh as he adjusted her shirt- it was so mom-ish of him. And so Kyle-ish of him- same thing, really.

Hayley yawned, almost directly in response to Kyle's yawn. "I'm always tired." It was true- Hayley almost never got more than six hours of sleep per night, and as a result she was constantly yawning, constantly half asleep. And constantly falling asleep in class. "The alcohol isn't helping in that regard. You, however, are." She kissed him again- a longish, lingering kiss, the kind that held meaning.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Hollyquin. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
armeggedonCounselor†

Kyle smiled against the kiss, enjoying the lingering moment. "Oh? So the thought of me keeps you up at night," he said, flexing in an obviously ridiculous fashion. He laughed at himself, always an important thing to do, and hugged Hayley closer.

"But seriously, you should try getting to bed a little earlier. I know you don't like me harping on these things, but sleep is important. And if you don't get enough of it, you tend to be less healthy. Also, getting plenty of sleep helps your memory, not that you need it, I'm sure," he said, setting his face to serious for about three seconds before smiling. As he was a bit of an athlete, he paid a lot of attention to things like health, especially muscular health. Always stretch before and after working out, or you get really tight muscles, which hurt a lot.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler armeggedonCounselor. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Hollyquin†

Post by Hollyquin† »

"Well, naturally," Hayley said with a smile, feeling Kyle's biceps as he flexed. "And thank you, Mom. Seriously, I don't get much sleep because I'm busy doing other things. Not enough hours in the day. And too many of those hours I have to spend at Bayview." She gave a little irritated sigh and shook her head. She appreciated Kyle's concern- though she did find momishness a slightly disconcerting quality in a boyfriend.

Suddenly, Hayley sat up, eyes widening. Her hand went digging in her pocket for her phone, which she flipped open to read the time. "Aw, crap..." she muttered. Between going to the movie, watching the beginning of it, getting to the Promenade, and spending this time in the alley, they had spent nearly all of Kyle's free time. Hayley herself had English class next- not that she would mind cutting it, particularly, but she didn't want to do so alone.

Hayley showed the time to Kyle, making a face. "You wanna head back? I'm not exactly operating at full capacity but I don't want to make you cut class..." She didn't know off the top of her head what Kyle had after his free, but she was fairly certain he wouldn't want to miss it.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Hollyquin. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
armeggedonCounselor†

"Oh crap. I guess it is about time. Ugh... I despise Economics. They could at least try to make it interesting. The teacher stands at the front of the room and goes on and on and on and on about stupid topics. I spend more time staring out the window in that class than in all my other classes combined. Still, last class of the day, right? We can hang out more after school, so don't fret," Kyle said, letting the Mom comment slide. He kind of agreed anyway.

"Yeah, let's get out of here. Do you have any water? Going in with alcohol on our breaths is a good way to get suspended or worse," he said, sliding off the dumpster and helping Hayley down.
Hollyquin†

Post by Hollyquin† »

Hayley stumbled a bit as she jumped off the dumpster, not quite absent enough of mine to forget to collect the remnants of the vodka and put it away. She grabbed the cranberry juice as well, and took a long gulp of it. "No, I don't have any water, unfortunately. I know you don't like cranberry juice or I'd offer you some...You might want to force a bit down, though. It's got a strong smell, so...yeah." Her words still weren't coming out correctly, and the steps she made towards the alley's exit were the teetering steps of a toddler.

"See, this is the difference between you and me...if I was that bored by a class, I would just...not go. You make so little sense, darling. But I tend to forgive that in people. Mainly because I make even less sense..." She trailed off, looking behind her. "Should I go back to school...? I feel kind of...conspicuous."
armeggedonCounselor†

Kyle had to laugh at the tottering steps taken by Hayley toward the end of the alley. "Okay, you may want to find someplace inconspicuous to rest first. You should also get some water into you. It will help fend off the inevitable hangover, and might help with your inability to walk in a straight line too. As for why I go to class, it's simply my nature," Kyle said, shrugging slightly. He tapped his fist thrice on the top of the dumpster before taking the cranberry juice and taking a quick drink. He grimaced at the dryness and taste of the juice, smacking his lips in a mildly disgusted way.

"Bleugh. I hate that stuff," he commented, handing the covered bottle back to Hayley. He pulled her in for a hug and a kiss, smiling at her happily.

"We should hang out after school," he repeated.
Hollyquin†

Post by Hollyquin† »

Hayley gratefully took the cranberry juice back from Kyle and chugged the rest, throwing the empty bottle in an open dumpster. She wiped her lips automatically and stopped walking, taking a long breath. "I think I'll be okay. I've been drunker than this at school before. By the time we get back I'll be soberer anyway. Is soberer a word? It is, right?" She yawned and reached out with one hand to take Kyle's. "Thanks for worrying about me, though. Not many people bother anymore." She laughed, though there was no humor in it.

Hayley began walking again, exiting the alley. "Of course we'll hang out later. I don't have anything better to do...though you'd take priority anyway. Probably." She smiled at him. "Oh, look at me, almost making sense. Not that I ever have to make sense in English. I go on about my nonsense literary theories and the teacher gives me an A because he doesn't know what I'm talking about...Being drunk might be an asset. We'll see."

And so Hayley headed towards school, optimistic about what lay ahead.

[[Hayley Kelly continued in Theoretically]]
armeggedonCounselor†

((Nothing to add, Kyle Portman continued in "A wretched hive of scum and villainy?" "Worse, high school students.".))

Return to “The Back Alley”