Homework: Last Resort of the Bored

open to all

The cafetorium is a combination cafeteria and auditorium. There's enough space for chairs to arranged to view any kind of assembly or speaking arrangement, but during the day it also acts as a cafeteria, complete with angry lunch ladies and poor food. Vending machines are scattered throughout the place, but this is generally the social centre of the school.
chitoryu12†

Post by chitoryu12† »

(OOC: Action approved by R-S-Lee)

Murphy's Law is a funny thing. It's often taken to mean "Anything that can happen, will." However, this is slightly inaccurate. The correct definition would be "If it's possible to take the worst course of action, it will always be taken 100% of the time."

Nothing proved this better than the incident with Neill and Monty in the cafetorium. It was bad enough that Monty had to come over when they had been trying to ignore him. It was worse that Neill had mouthed off to him. And the worst? As Neill bolted out of sight, Monty got up to follow.

Chris knew Monty well. He was an athlete, football and hockey, to be exact. Chris knew that he was probably going to be damn fast. Despite Neill's speed, Monty would be like a freight train barreling down on a Peugeot stalled on the tracks.

Chris had a few rules about attacking people. One of those was to only fight when himself or another was in danger. Monty's movement to follow was nothing more than a clear indicator that yes, Neill was in danger. Monty could pound the skinny guy to a pulp with one hand.

Chris could practically feel all eyes on him as he lunged forward. No you don't, big guy. Monty was already on his feet and turning in the direction of Neill's escape. As Monty bent forward to begin his own sprint, Chris leapt in front of him and stuck his leg out, right in front of Monty's pounding feet.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler chitoryu12. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
R-S-Lee†

Post by R-S-Lee† »

It had happened so suddenly. One second, Monty was racing after that punk. The next, Chris had raced in front of him and tripped Monty.

Monty hadn't been going too fast yet at the point that Carlson had tripped him. So the fall wasn't really too bad. He managed to land on his hands.

Monty was incensed. He couldn't believe that Carlson had actually been cheap enough to trip him. Suddenly, he stopped caring about what Neill had said to him. Now, all that mattered was inflicting pain on Chris Carlson.

"Son of a bitch!" Monty called back. If it was a fight that Chris wanted, then he was gonna get one.

He got back on his feet and turned around to face Carlson. Monty made the first move. He charged at Chris like an out of control bull. His fist was raised and aimed towards Chris's face

As Monty approached, Chris stepped forward, ducked, and jabbed Monty in the stomach. It was a solid blow for, despite all appearances, Chris Carlson was actually a considerably skilled fighter. He'd trained himself in Karate for awhile and was quite capable in a fight.

Still, due to the strength and size of Chris' opponent, all the hit really did was slow Monty down. Upon feeling the hit to his stomach, Monty took a breath to recover, than hurled a fist towards Chris' face.

Chris barely managed to duck out of the way. In a swift, sudden motion, Chris used his good leg to kick Monty's right ankle, hoping to knock Monty down.

It almost worked. But, Monty still had some tricks of his own. As his right leg was knocked aside, Monty reached out with his free hand and managed to slam his fist against Chris' right leg.

Chris's right leg suffered from a twisted tibia. So, Monty's relatively uncontrolled hit inflicted some serious pain on it. And, with his other leg stretched out for the previous kick, Chris was unable to keep his balance and fell to the ground face first.

Meanwhile, Monty quickly recovered. He jumped on top of Chris and elbowed the boy in the back of the head. Before Chris knew what was happening, Monty turned him onto his back and began repeated punching Chris in the chest.

After several solid hits, Chris began gasping for air. He suffered from asthma and found it downright impossible to retaliate. Instead he was almost breathless.

Monty noticed this. He smiled slightly, knowing that the boy wouldn't be able to fight him anymore. There was no doubt about it, Chris was beaten.

So Monty stood up. There was no more point in hitting the boy. It was over, Monty had won.

Holy shit. I've just assaulted three kids in the span of a half hour. That's gotta be a record...

Taking a closer look at the camera, Monty saw that it was, in fact, on. So, he decided to answer the questions that the girl had been asking. Honestly.

"My most memorable moment in this school is probably going to end up being today. I have attacked three students in the span of this block. I haven't been in so much trouble in years." Monty said, simply and monotonously, "The pretty girl would probably be that chick with the huge rack from my Biology class. I don't know her name and I don't really care if I ever do."

He took a breath. The cafeteria worker seemed to have noticed the fight and was rushing towards them.

"And, when I graduate from this hell hole, I fully plan on going back to prison, with a nice, cozy cell and three free meals a day. To be honest, it's a hell of a lot better than the life that I'm living right now."

Almost as soon as Monty finished, the cafeteria worker arrived at Chris' side. She looked up at Monty and plainly told him one thing.

"Mr. Pondswoth. Go to the principal's office."

Monty took a second to answer, briefly contemplating whether he should tell this woman to go fuck herself. He decided against it, instead wanting to get the hell out of there.

"Fine." Monty muttered, turning around and leaving the cafeterium. There was no point in delaying it. He was in serious trouble and now was the time to pay for it.

((Monty Pondsworth Continued in Punishment))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler R-S-Lee. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
ifnotwinter†

Post by ifnotwinter† »

Dominic was not a fighter. He prided himself on being a pacifist, always the first one to try and solve problems with words. So when Neill got up and bolted out of the cafeteria, he had a moment's flash of relief, hoping that Monty would let it go.

But in the end the relief turned to dread as Chris stuck out his foot and Monty went crashing to the ground. Dominic inhaled sharply as Monty pulled himself to his feet and called out "Son of a bitch!"

As the first attempted punch ended in Chris ducking out and jabbing at Monty's stomach, Dominic bit his lip, wondering what the chances were of actually being useful in this fight. Probably nil, given that he avoided physical violence at all costs. With his luck he'd just end up making things worse. So he turned, gesturing violently at the cafeteria worker, and looked back just in time to see Monty on top of Chris, punching him violently in the chest.

Oh, god. As Monty stood up and turned to the camera, apparently finished with pounding the shit out of Chris for now, Dominic slipped out of his seat, crouching next to the taller boy lying on the floor. "Jesus, Chris," he muttered, hands hovering by his sides, unsure of what to do. "You got a death wish?"

"Mr. Pondswoth. Go to the principal's office."

Dominic looked up as Monty turned to leave, breathing half a sigh of relief. Turning back to Chris, he bit his lip nervously at the sight of the other boy's labored breathing.

"You okay, man?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler ifnotwinter. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
chitoryu12†

Post by chitoryu12† »

Chris had a slight twinge of regret when he tripped Monty. Not for attacking someone himself, but rather for making the mistake of attacking Montgomery Pondsworth. He was pleased that he had helped Neill in his escape from the violent boy, but when he saw Monty land on his hands, he knew right then and there that this would become easily the biggest fight he had ever been in.

Almost as soon as he was up, Monty was coming down on Chris like a truck, cursing, with his fist raised for a haymaker to end all haymakers. Monty's mistake was making his first move so obvious; by raising his hand, Chris was able to roughly guess where Monty would try to strike, so he bent down slightly and swept his hand up into a jab into Monty's gut.

Chris's hand pounded with dull pain; it was like punching a wall. Monty was slowed, but no more. Chris saw the fist come hurtling towards his head like a Christmas ham on the end of an arm. He ducked, feeling and hearing the blow sweep by his head with a sharp whistle. He twisted his body to the right, providing more power for a kick with his left leg into Monty's ankle.

As Monty fell, however, he managed to wildly swing his right arm toward Chris's right leg. Chris's leg shot through with fire and needles from the direct hit, right below his knee. His already-bad leg buckled, and Chris collapsed face-first to the tiles.

Chris was preparing to crawl away as fast as he could, hoping to be able to get far enough away from Monty to recover and prep his next attack. Before he could, though, Chris felt a massive weight on his back, like an elephant sitting on him.

Chris wasn't sure what happened next, because the next thing he knew, he was seeing stars. He felt a sharp pain on the back of his head, which quickly subsided to a dull roar. It didn't matter much to him anyway, as he was practically knocked silly by the blow.

He was vaguely aware of being rolled over onto his back, and could see what looked slightly like an ogre crouched over him through his blurred vision, flashes of black appearing over the ceiling. Monty began slamming his fists into Chris's chest, feeling like Thor himself was pissed off at him. He began to cough, feeling more and more breath expelled from his lungs with each blow.

Quicker than it began, it was over. The weight lifted off his chest, and Chris felt pain everywhere; his leg, his hand, his head, his chest, everything. His vision was flickering back and forth between dark and blurred light, his lungs burning for oxygen.

He heard a stern voice say "Mr. Pondsworth, go to the principal's office," from above. He rolled over onto his stomach, his back stiff and creaking with agony from having Monty on top of him. "You okay, man?"

He heard Dominic's voice behind him as he slowly lifted himself onto his elbows. He accepted Dominic's help to pull him to a seat at their table. Chris hung his head, waiting for his vision to fully return, panting with exhaustion. When he could see well enough, he leaned back against the table and looked to Dominic.

"Fuckin' A, man," he said. "I almost had him!" May as well need a little gallows humor to freshen things up.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler chitoryu12. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
ifnotwinter†

Post by ifnotwinter† »

"Fuckin' A, man. I almost had him!"

Dominic laughed shakily, still gnawing on his bottom lip as he looked Chris over. At least it was over, and with luck Neill had managed to escape and could lay low for a little while. But Jesus Christ, Monty had scared him.

"I swear, dude - you just about gave me a heart attack there. He looked like he wanted to kill you." Dominic shook his head, still amazed at all that had just happened. And...oh, yes, Sarah had gotten it on tape too. Just great.

"You sure you're okay? That guy could probably beat up a bear."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler ifnotwinter. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
chitoryu12†

Post by chitoryu12† »

Chris coughed a bit, his breath finally coming all the way back to him. "Yeah, I'll live," he said. He grabbed his mostly-full can of Coke and took a gulp, clearing his throat out. At least he wasn't bleeding from any of his wounds. If Monty had decided to hammer his face, he would have needed reconstructive surgery.

Chris stood up, groaning, and stretched his back out. He could feel it popping back into place as he straightened. "Well," he said, "I think I'll be going down to the clinic now. May as well make sure I don't have anything out of order." And with that he packed the rest of his lunch away, slung his bag over his shoulder, and slowly shuffled off, Coke in hand.

((Chris Carlson continued in What Goes Up... ))
Fanatic†

Post by Fanatic† »

Sarah stood, slightly shocked as Chris and Monty became an entangled mess on the floor, the bully systematically beating the pulp out of the smaller student. She knew she should be helping but something about capturing it all on tape froze her legs still. Monty stopped and looked directly at her, or more specifically at her camera and a chill went up the girls spine.

"My most memorable moment in this school is probably going to end up being today. I have attacked three students in the span of this block. I haven't been in so much trouble in years." Monty said, simply and monotonously, "The pretty girl would probably be that chick with the huge rack from my Biology class. I don't know her name and I don't really care if I ever do."

He'd seen her camera was still on. Taking another step back Sarah realised that her three boy defense had in fact now whittled to just Dominic and if Monty decided to come after her both her precious camera and he face would not be looking to good.

"And, when I graduate from this hell hole, I fully plan on going back to prison, with a nice, cozy cell and three free meals a day. To be honest, it's a hell of a lot better than the life that I'm living right now."

Help had arrived, the cafeteria worker was on the scene and Sarah quickly powered the camera off and whipped it around her shoulder on the strap so that the tape wouldn't be confiscated as evidence. Tentatively walking over to Chris and Dominic who was helping the boy up she reached out a hand to squeeze Chris' shoulder and comfort him.

"Well," Chris said, "I think I'll be going down to the clinic now. May as well make sure I don't have anything out of order." And with that he packed the rest of his lunch away, slung his bag over his shoulder, and slowly shuffled off, Coke in hand.

Sarah glanced over to Dominic. "Hey," she said shakily, "I've got to get to class, but if you guys want to look at the tape or whatever let me know." Taking her pen she scrawled her mobile on the palm of Dominic's hand. "Let the other guys know if you could. I'll see ya' around." Pocketing the ballpoint Sarah left the cafeteria.

((Sarah Atwell continued in Evolution is a Tinkerer))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Fanatic. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
ifnotwinter†

Post by ifnotwinter† »

"Well, I think I'll be going down to the clinic now. May as well make sure I don't have anything out of order."

Dominic nodded, already sweeping some of his stuff together in preparation to leave. "Yeah, I've got class. Take care of yourself."

As Chris limped away, he glanced back up at Sarah with a wry grin. It figured she'd managed to catch it on tape. He was about to say something when she did instead.

"Hey," she said, "I've got to get to class, but if you guys want to look at the tape or whatever let me know." She reached out, taking Dominic's hand and jotting down a phone number on his palm."Let the other guys know if you could. I'll see ya' around."

"Sure, I will." Dominic waved half-heartedly as she left the room, then began to pack his stuff up again, shaking his head. What a day. He had half a mind to skip class and just leave, but then, his parents would probably shoot him if he did.

He swung his backpack up over his shoulder, gave one last look around the cafeteria, and headed out.

((Dominic Stratford continued in Evolution is a Tinkerer))
Gwbiii†

Post by Gwbiii† »

Everything a few tables over had happened so fast, it'd left Sarah a little bit dazed.

One minute she'd been scoffing noodles, listening vaguely to some guy trying to calm Monty down, when she realised somewhere around "that gay chick that sells him crack" that someone else was doing exactly the opposite. Her mouth opened and she twisted round in her seat to get a better look, hoping that the guy knew how to run, and when to start, which probably should have been 20 minutes earlier.

Then he did. woah he's fast
And the other guy tripped monty. shit, is that Chris?
Then the fight, holy...
And crap.

She'd gotten out of her chair just after Monty's speech, thinking that she might be able to help Chris out, but he was on his feet before she got there, and, well, If he can walk, he'll probably be fine...

Flustered, she went back to her table, sat down, and checked the clock on the wall. Plenty of time to finish these noodles, and maybe this chapter.

"We are justified in speaking of special bodies of armed men..."

A few minutes later she'd finished the chapter and was greedily scrabbling around with her chopsticks for the last noodle in the container, which had lodged itself into one of the corners. maybe i should start getting to class... just a sec... gotcha!
with the container now more than empty, she calmly snapped it closed and put it back into her bag, along with the book and, after licking them clean, the chopsticks themselves. That's when she checked the clock again. gah, bio's way away! i'm gonna be sooo late, sir's gonna KILL me!

She chucked her bag over her shoulder and ran for it.

((Sarah Xu continued in Evolution is a Tinkerer))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Gwbiiii.

Return to “The Cafetorium”